Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Sick Bricks Anyone? [CLOSED]
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#1 Posted: 08:12:53 12/01/2016 | Topic Creator
The other day at Walmart I saw something that caught my eye. A toys to life game called Sick Bricks. They looked like Lego men, you can swap them like Swap Force characters and they are pretty cheap. Seems it's a mobile device video game and you scan the characters into the game. I watched a few minutes of gameplay and it seems fun enough. Well more fun than the racing in SuperChargers at least!

Yet it doesn't seem extremely popular and I'm wondering if it'll be around for much longer. All the hype was during it's first two months and it seems that people forgot about it or they lost interest in it. I hate getting into a series that will probably disappear overnight from Google Play at any time now and left with a bunch of useless toys. This is why I like disc games as I can play my games years after.

So, anyone into them? Thoughts and opinions about the series? Are the fun like Skylanders or not so much so?
---
Stay Cool!
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#2 Posted: 15:34:33 12/01/2016
I've never heard of it before this... Something tells me I won't want to.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#3 Posted: 00:50:38 13/01/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
I've never heard of it before this... Something tells me I won't want to.

Seeing as how it's on clearance at target for 50% off already, I think this might say something about it's quality.
---
Dead
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#4 Posted: 01:29:01 13/01/2016
I used to play that game.

USED TO.

it's mostly fart and puke jokes. The story is bad, and the brick people are already being clearanced off at my local target.

Sick bricks. Not even once.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#5 Posted: 10:42:35 13/01/2016 | Topic Creator
After posting about the game, I realized that I could test play the game without any characters. Of course you're limited to what you can do (the game is very stingy on heals and you can only do so with a beaming), but I ended up downloading the game onto my cell phone and I played it for several hours. I must say that I really enjoyed it. It's basically like Skylanders mixed with a Lego game but the big difference is that you can only have 4 characters on hand while in a dungeon, which is quite tricky until you level your characters up, then the game gets easier.

The thing is, leveling up isn't SuperChargers fast, it goes Giants slow and I've yet to max anyone out yet, but then again I've only played the first "hood" over and over again trying to make it close to 100% as possible before moving onto the next stage. Probably the best thing about the game is the parody characters and the funny voice work. Actually the voice works is a lot better, funnier and more interesting than in Skylanders.

So last night I went out to Target and bought three sets with the female characters in them. There are something like 8 females to several dozen males, but I always buy the lady characters first as that's what I do with Skylanders as well. There was a load of these things in the clearance section and I doubt they'll ever sell them all and I'll find them in Goodwill come Spring. My total was $20 because one of them was a high end set with a ton of lego bits to make dragons.

I got it home and quickly discovered what the trouble is with these things. They are so damned hard to scan in if you have a dark or dimly lit house. I had to take my halogen flashlight and shine it on the characters and even then it only works about half the time quickly. Anyway, I got them in and continued to enjoy the game for several more hours. I don't mind grinding (big fan of RPGs) and I love collecting stuff (weapon and hat power ups), so it's definately my type of game.

After a while I had to stop as it killed the battery on my phone. I then got to wondering what's to stop me from scanning the characters in from the enclosed poster sheet. Turns out that there is absolutely nothing to stop anyone from scanning characters in like that. Then I tried my laptop and googled images and doing it that way actually works a heck of a lot better doing it than trying to do it legitly. I managed to scan in half of extensive roster of characters and playsets within an hour. I bet I wasn't the only one that thought of that, so I bet that is one of the main reasons this failed.

Another thing that makes it obvious that this had flopped is that at least 30% of the in game characters hasn't been released as a toy. That's annoying to me because 5 of the female characters wasn't released (a spy, a Power Girl clone, a Miley Cyrus parody, a cat burgler with a black Southern accent, and I forgot the last one). Of course you can in game buy and unlock these characters, so perhaps that's what was going on there.

Oh well! I doubt I'll actually buy more of the toys though. Limited to a team of 4 in a dungeon pretty much leaves me with an all-star cast of gals (and sometimes transgendered characters too! LOL!) and no incentive to play anyone else other than to hear the parody ones being funny. You do have to buy the toys if you want to beam in swapped characters, but I'm sure we all learned from SF that it's a stupid concept that doesn't really add a whole lot to the game.

So it's a fun little distraction, but I wouldn't recommend it as a full blown hobby like Skylanders collecting. It's just a quick cash in on the fad really and doomed to be forgotten about really quickly.
---
Stay Cool!
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#6 Posted: 02:35:54 14/01/2016
Heard about it. A Friend on deviantart send me a link to there official webiste...

To be honest i'm not interested on Side Bricks.
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3165
#7 Posted: 19:22:30 14/01/2016
Yeah, I've seen this game, but it looked kind of cheap to me and not something that was worth getting into.
---
Purple dragon.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me