darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Tablet Edition on android/amazon fire - SD Card option?
Page 1 of 1
Tablet Edition on android/amazon fire - SD Card option?
DarthW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1951
#1 Posted: 01:34:22 09/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Curious to know if this game can be installed to the SD card on my Amazon Fire HD tablet or if it MUST be installed to the internal storage? Anyone with experience know? I only have about 2.5GB local free space, but over 50GB on the SD card, so I am hoping it can be installed to the SD card so that all of the content can be downloaded.
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3165
#2 Posted: 03:01:38 09/01/2016
As far as I'm aware it only installs to the internal storage. which is a bummer, but that's how it has to work.
---
Purple dragon.
DarthW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1951
#3 Posted: 03:29:25 09/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Sadly, it appears so. It looks like it lies (same as KOTOR does when installed) and CLAIMS to have only 65mb on internal storage and the rest (2.5gb in my case) on the sd card, but it's really just filling up internal storage.

That sucks. This is my first experience with any kind of Android device (other than HDMI tv dongles) and it's making me wish I'd bought another iPad. I thought the SD card slot would mean practically unlimited storage, but it's a pain in the butt and of little use for apps, only media. :-p
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3165
#4 Posted: 04:17:16 09/01/2016
Quote: DarthW
Sadly, it appears so. It looks like it lies (same as KOTOR does when installed) and CLAIMS to have only 65mb on internal storage and the rest (2.5gb in my case) on the sd card, but it's really just filling up internal storage.

That sucks. This is my first experience with any kind of Android device (other than HDMI tv dongles) and it's making me wish I'd bought another iPad. I thought the SD card slot would mean practically unlimited storage, but it's a pain in the butt and of little use for apps, only media. :-p

Yeah, with Android (at least under version 6.0) an SD card is of pretty limited use when it comes to apps. You can move some select apps to the SD card, but still, only part of the app gets moved.

With Android 6.0, they DID make it so you can use the SD card as internal storage so you can install apps directly to it, but no tablets that support an SD card have 6.0 yet, as far as I know. Amazon tablets don't exactly run Android, but "Fire OS", which is based off of Android, so I don't know if Amazon is ever going to make that feature available to the Fire tablets in the next OS update.
---
Purple dragon.
kiriluksa Blue Sparx Gems: 521
#5 Posted: 23:20:20 24/03/2017
Its was able to use Android Trap Team from Sd card, but root needed.
You must instal it on Internal memory, then use Folder Mount to move cash to SD card.
Than you can instal full Premium cash (about 4.5 Gb) on internal memory, and after do the same - move cash to SD card fith Folder Mount
Its only way i find to instal Android Version on SD card
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:21:28 24/03/2017 by kiriluksa
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me