darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Year of the Dragon > the first time i've rage quit this game since 2011
Page 1 of 1
the first time i've rage quit this game since 2011
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7699
#1 Posted: 16:01:08 08/01/2016 | Topic Creator
I was playing this game at 4am this morning and played the minigame in Seashell Shore where you have to go through the tunnel and knock out the rhynocs to get to the eggs, and if you miss one rhynoc you have to start again. I had to start again at a record 17 times, never getting close to the last rhynoc and the egg, and when I finally got to the last rhynoc i missed him. so I threw my controller at the door and sulked under the duvet for an hour.
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
etherealspyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2267
#2 Posted: 20:21:05 08/01/2016
I've never been that angry with it but I do understand the pain, it can be tedious but after quitting for awhile and later returning I am able to do it.
---
Furry trash tho
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#3 Posted: 23:30:03 08/01/2016
I think that most of the challenges in this one are a lot more annoying than the ones in Spyro 2. But they don't make me rage quit to be honest, it only takes at the most four or five attempts. But playing at 4 in the morning, you were most likely over-tired, and when you get at that stage then anything can annoy you when you're too tired.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#4 Posted: 06:04:35 09/01/2016 | Topic Creator
i'm a v rage-y person

But in the end I completed it smilie
---
oh my god
Spyrobaby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4254
#5 Posted: 13:39:39 09/01/2016
This was me doing the cannon challenge in Haunted Tomb and the snowboarding in the Super Bonus Round smilie Oh and not to mention the cat witches in Charmed Ridge.
---
The darkness only stays at nighttime, in the morning it'll fade away. Daylight's good at arriving at the right time, it's not always going to be this grey~
madison-dwrd Emerald Sparx Gems: 3201
#6 Posted: 20:53:19 09/01/2016
For some reason I've always had the patience to get through the water tunnel sections, though it usually takes me more than just 17 tries smilie Sometimes the speedway races get to me, other times its something random like the sub sections or having to control Sheila or Sgt. Byrd, but it was the final Sorceress fight that had me really annoyed. There wasn't even a good reason for it, I just was dying a lot. It was the only thing that made me turn off the game during that entire playthrough.
---
You gotta believe!
#7 Posted: 20:55:58 10/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyrobaby
This was me doing the cannon challenge in Haunted Tomb and the snowboarding in the Super Bonus Round smilie Oh and not to mention the cat witches in Charmed Ridge.

BURN THE CAT WITCHES AT THE STAKE
---
oh my god
Spock Green Sparx Gems: 115
#8 Posted: 02:59:26 29/10/2016
Ha. I had several instances of getting to the end of that Seashell Shores game only to miss that final Rynoc. I used to be like you and eventually throw my controller and quit but I'm more determined now.

For me the Tank Blast in Haunted Tomb was one of the most frustrating challenges especially since it takes lives but I had two fortunes there:
1.) You are able to leave the game and return without starting over with the first round.
2.) The fodder provided in the room with the portal and the one preceding it respawns quickly enough to use to replenish each life I lost. So each time I lost a life in the game, I'd leave it and regain the life.

Another that gave me a difficult time was Sgt. Byrd vs. the cat witches in Charmed Ridge. Again there was a saving grace however with the life that is obtainable by shooting all the windows in the room and it resets with the rest of the challenge every time you're killed.

Then there was the boxing with the Colossus Yeti. It took me several tries to figure out that you don't actually have to drain him but just have more HP than him when the time runs out.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:00:14 29/10/2016 by Spock
#9 Posted: 14:50:45 29/10/2016
Yeah, the boxing was something I could never figure out. I think I've only ever gotten those eggs once or twice before. I do remember figuring out a trick for the cat witches, though, I think you can line yourself up with the door and shoot all of them as soon as they come out, meaning you beat the challenge in just a few seconds. The last time I played YOTD was nearly a year ago, though, so I don't remember exactly.
---
You gotta believe!
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10163
#10 Posted: 21:53:33 29/10/2016
I remember when I first played this game I had rage episodes in these following situations:

• Second part of lizard skateboard in Sunny Villa. I couldn’t not fall over with that skateboard.
  • Every Sparx level. I just couldn’t grasp the playing of those levels.
  • Every Agent 9 mission. I disliked the whole character and right up to these days the character is still quite boring.
  • Cat Hockey in Frozen Altars. It is one of the most diabolical missions in the franchise’s history.

But nowadays only things that get me on the edge of frustration are skill point in Yeti boxing (I used to win the second part in one round back in the days), water tunnel skill point in Dino Mines and of course the damned Cat Hockey.

But real anger trigger of the franchise is the infernal honey tank blast in Enter the Dragonly. That is just pure evil.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
Spock Green Sparx Gems: 115
#11 Posted: 05:59:35 01/11/2016
Quote: madison-dwrd
Yeah, the boxing was something I could never figure out. I think I've only ever gotten those eggs once or twice before. I do remember figuring out a trick for the cat witches, though, I think you can line yourself up with the door and shoot all of them as soon as they come out, meaning you beat the challenge in just a few seconds. The last time I played YOTD was nearly a year ago, though, so I don't remember exactly.

Huh, I might have used that technique successfully in the first round, I recall that I could complete the first round without having to leave the ground which is at least half of what makes it the easiest round. Having to let go of my flight hover to fire the rocket made aiming more difficult plus the sheer number of cat witches there are in the final round was diabolical! I believe it was like 13 against one friggin' duck. I finally managed it by figuring out that the very top of the room was a safety zone, hardly any cat witches went that high.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:00:25 01/11/2016 by Spock
#12 Posted: 02:11:23 02/11/2016
Quote: Spock
Huh, I might have used that technique successfully in the first round, I recall that I could complete the first round without having to leave the ground which is at least half of what makes it the easiest round. Having to let go of my flight hover to fire the rocket made aiming more difficult plus the sheer number of cat witches there are in the final round was diabolical! I believe it was like 13 against one friggin' duck. I finally managed it by figuring out that the very top of the room was a safety zone, hardly any cat witches went that high.

Couldn't have said it better myself smilie And going up high makes sense, I'll have to try that next time.
---
You gotta believe!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me