I really miss this game.
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2745
#1 Posted: 02:45:41 04/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Title.
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 12:27:39 04/01/2016
Go play it,it hasn't gone anywhere. Probably going for pocket change on Gamestop if you lost the CD.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Pokypro Blue Sparx Gems: 991
#3 Posted: 14:15:14 06/01/2016
Ahh the memories I have with this game! I too miss this game! smilie Hopefully Activision can make something really fresh and new with Sky 6!
---
Skylanders Youtuber (https://www.youtube.com/user/Pokypro)
Barrysun Gold Sparx Gems: 2106
#4 Posted: 20:04:32 06/01/2016
I've recently started playing it again. and compared to the newer Skylanders games, it really makes me wished they would go back to some of the old style gameplay. such as bring back heroic challenges, (so everyone can enjoy an extra boost) areas where current Skylanders can go to, like swimming, bricking rocks, and travel on lava. (maybe remake the older games so the newer Skylanders can be playable in the older adventures)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:05:35 06/01/2016 by Barrysun
Echo2VX Gold Sparx Gems: 2918
#5 Posted: 22:08:01 06/01/2016
This is still my all time favorite. I think it looks absolutely beautiful, especially when compared to the rest. This was the first game that I was the first to make a major discovery in (The wrecking ball money hole), so that probably played a big part in me loving it as well. I wish they would bring back the evil minion skylanders, and have Kaos still call them by different names, like the evil amphibious gillman, or the evil ice yeti.
---
Together, we can stop sheep abuse!
Top 10: smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie
#6 Posted: 23:02:41 06/01/2016
Quote: Echo2VX
This is still my all time favorite. I think it looks absolutely beautiful, especially when compared to the rest. This was the first game that I was the first to make a major discovery in (The wrecking ball money hole), so that probably played a big part in me loving it as well. I wish they would bring back the evil minion skylanders, and have Kaos still call them by different names, like the evil amphibious gillman, or the evil ice yeti.

Yea, I agree, I think it would be fun battling more evil Skylander twins in the future.
#7 Posted: 19:38:34 08/01/2016
I've been busy with the eon's elites figures.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#8 Posted: 21:37:57 10/01/2016
Yes, I remember this game. It's my favorite in the series because every Skylander felt special and unique to me. With the massive amount of figures we have nowadays a new character's just "meh".
I liked this game because it focused so much on the elements. I always loved games that had some sort of elements includeds, like Pokemon. Though Pokemon never caught my attention. I prefer if it has a more ancient style to it and Skylanders has all of that, or at least "had". And of course, it's still the longest Skylanders game.
Oh and the music, god I adore the music. Every time I hear one of the old tracks in the new games, I just want to stay there forever.
I also liked the slightly darker atmosphere it has compared to the new games. It just felt very... realistic. Back then it was more of a Diablo for kids rather than a less tacky and less plattformy Super Mario. The last three games just felt too childish and colorful if you take SSA as the example of a Skylanders game. Giants also felt more classic, but it kinda lead to the games we have now. Maybe it's the graphics' fault.
I would spend all my money on an HD remake where you could jump but only use the old Skylanders, after that, I can happily die.
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#9 Posted: 00:56:27 17/01/2016
Quote:

What money hole?

Quote:
Yes, I remember this game. It's my favorite in the series because every Skylander felt special and unique to me. With the massive amount of figures we have nowadays a new character's just "meh".
I liked this game because it focused so much on the elements. I always loved games that had some sort of elements includeds, like Pokemon. Though Pokemon never caught my attention. I prefer if it has a more ancient style to it and Skylanders has all of that, or at least "had". And of course, it's still the longest Skylanders game.
Oh and the music, god I adore the music. Every time I hear one of the old tracks in the new games, I just want to stay there forever.
I also liked the slightly darker atmosphere it has compared to the new games. It just felt very... realistic. Back then it was more of a Diablo for kids rather than a less tacky and less plattformy Super Mario. The last three games just felt too childish and colorful if you take SSA as the example of a Skylanders game. Giants also felt more classic, but it kinda lead to the games we have now. Maybe it's the graphics' fault.
I would spend all my money on an HD remake where you could jump but only use the old Skylanders, after that, I can happily die.

I agree with this so much I could have almost written word for word myself.

I LOVE the SSA graphics. I love how the sky goes those autumn hues and then darker, like it's changing to winter. It felt like I was part of the game.

And yes, so many new characters now. I always felt that would kill the game, and more so now that there's no benefit for putting time and effort into a single Skylander. I miss heroics and other things too. I still play this game often.
onslaught Blue Sparx Gems: 721
#10 Posted: 18:12:32 20/02/2016
Oh the memories, this is my favorite Skylanders game of all time, and I doubt they'll ever make a better one, to be completely honest i think its the only one thats even replayable at all, its the the only one i really remembered having fun for hours and hours on, I miss collecting the characters so much, and the music was phenomenal ( Arkeyan Armory, Empire of Ice, etc. ) Usually at least 2 times a year i go back and play it just to get that great feeling by completing the game. It is by far one of my favorite games of all time, ( That means alot because the other games would probably not even be in my top 20 games of all time ) Although many games i love die down for me, this is one of the only ones that doesn't and most likely will never
---
<(".<) (>".)> Two Kirbys.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#11 Posted: 18:44:43 20/02/2016
To the game with way more heart despite its rustic exterior than its successors.

Cheers!

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:45:58 20/02/2016 by TakeYourLemons
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#12 Posted: 02:47:20 23/02/2016
I remember reading threads about people hating the tedious heroic challenges because there were too many characters after Giants, but I miss putting the time into making your favorite characters more awesome and kicking butt in PvP. I say bring 'em back in Sky 6 but maybe not so many or have them give you credit in some kind of stat point bank that you can re-assign boosts to different stats, kind of like with the luck-o-tron.
---
Any last wishes?
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#13 Posted: 08:55:27 23/02/2016
Why dont you just replay it ? I bet its on your shelf .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#14 Posted: 09:12:33 23/02/2016
I started replaying SSA recently, it's really made me miss it more. There are just so many little details that add to the world.

Take a look at this FMV, they collect exp from the baddies! And not just in the game, but in a story scene!

The only thing that's bugging me about going back is that it feels so weird not being able to use the majority of the characters.
---
#all Spyros are valid
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#15 Posted: 14:46:05 24/02/2016
Spyro's Adventure is the only game of the series with a soul. Giants was a soulless clone, Swap-Force was enjoyable but not as good as SA, Trap Team was a pathetic in trying to be another soulless clone in a new engine (I could almost feel TfB gritting their teeth at everything VV did in SF) and I'm waiting for my replacement Spitfire before going into SC but the general consensus is "meh".

SA really seemed like a labor of love and passion. It easily sucked you into the world and made you want to buy these characters. It should have been the starting point to be built upon but TfB clearly are complacent with trying to make the same game over again (VV tries to be different and Activision doesn't care as long as it makes a profit).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:46:39 24/02/2016 by Hexin_Wishes
#16 Posted: 15:10:40 24/02/2016
By that logic all direct sequels with little break are clones. Which,considering the great number of games that use the same structure and engine for new games, isn't true.

It's already getting quite easy to put the nostalgia glasses on tight to look back but you gotta remember SSA took about 4 years(dev presentation mentions they were given the task in 2007) to be made and it's a glitchy mess with dated graphics. It's still a good game, but it only deserves as much praise on its own merits just like the rest who had less than a year and half of development(and less than 10 months for Giants).
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:18:51 24/02/2016 by Bifrost
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#17 Posted: 20:00:02 24/02/2016
Oh look who it is... Someone must have google alerts on me.

No no, boo boo, for starters not once did I cite "little break" as an issue and, second, your counter argument of it "not being true" does not hold much water. The amount of "games that use the same structure and engine" does not make them A) unique games, smilie critically acclaimed by critics and fans or C) remotely good. It just means they have sold. However, those games also tend to suffer from brand fatigue quicker than a series that actually innovates itself.

The story of the Skylanders sequels have not had as much of an impact as the first one. The games center in on the gimmick while the stories get weaker and they don't build upon the previous game. You could skip any game without really missing anything. The lore is poorly presented and not as strong as it seemed to be implied in SA and each game becomes more and more blatant about selling the new toys. But this game is for children so it's juvenile story is perfect for them (and you apparently...).

Nostalgia or not, I still remember the feelings of mine and this board during SA.
#18 Posted: 20:07:21 24/02/2016
There's this little yellow dragon that shows up when people post stuff in the Skylanders section or any section and thread for that matter, not sure you noticed. You're not that special, in fact, with the story argument again, I'm not wasting time replying and trying to reason.

I didn't even talk much about when I replayed the game a few weeks ago. It's so strange to see how weird the physics in it work compared to Giants and others - because it's forcing every projectile that's not an overhead to be right above the ground, you can do some crazy stunts; or how Mega Bombs do whatever in the world they want no matter how you're rolling. Wilikin Village is a whole another experience after you play Goo Factory and Battlefield right before.

A lot of dialogue is also straight-up non voiced on X360 too. You never run into it easily because it's mid-level dialogue for the other NPCs, but General Robot and T-Bone quite a few times just have weird scrolling text that you have to press A to continue that never appear elsewhere.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 09:51:52 26/02/2016 by TTD
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#19 Posted: 14:38:34 26/02/2016
I miss the kind of 'style' of SA and Giants, it's hard to explain really. Don't get me wrong, I adore newer titles like TT, but I'll always love the feel of the first two that really made the series what it is.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#20 Posted: 01:44:16 24/10/2016
Back when this stuff wasn't overpriced...
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#21 Posted: 03:09:47 15/11/2017
Quote: Kevin16
Back when this stuff wasn't overpriced...

I get you have to pay more for larger figures, but I don’t want all these larger figures. Screw all the shelf space I’m now required to have. The origanal 32 take up 1/3 of the space the sensei/villian line takes up. Just obnoxious.

3 for $20 was the tits compared to this 1 for $15 robbery. Nuts to these fools acting like Imaginators is the best of the series. Shortest in the series. Most souless of the series. Biggest money suck yet in terms of bang for buck.

I’d love to go back to paying for the 2 Adventure packs and a triple pack and all elements are covered
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#22 Posted: 04:11:40 05/01/2018
SSA is my second favourite, tied with SI. SG is my absolute favourite, also one of my favourite games overall.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#23 Posted: 13:16:39 08/01/2018
i have it right here and all the figures, and dont miss it.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
LeonSteamhawk Blue Sparx Gems: 562
#24 Posted: 14:53:22 08/01/2018
I saw the Wii versions of Spyro's Adventure and Giants "bundled" together, with a portal separate from them, at an antique mall (barely qualify as antiques, but...) the other day, would've bought them if I had a Wii. Would've been cool to experience how the series started, as I unfortunately didn't actually start until Imaginators. smilie
---
smilie "Protect and Surge!" smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:53:45 08/01/2018 by LeonSteamhawk
#25 Posted: 13:24:35 11/01/2018
Quote: LeonSteamhawk
I saw the Wii versions of Spyro's Adventure and Giants "bundled" together, with a portal separate from them, at an antique mall (barely qualify as antiques, but...) the other day, would've bought them if I had a Wii. Would've been cool to experience how the series started, as I unfortunately didn't actually start until Imaginators. smilie

the wii version is best to stay away from since its the worst version of the game, it have 480i resolution and has no widescreen.. you should get the ps3/xb360 versions instead that have 1080p/widescreen and looks okay on 55" hd tv.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:30:59 11/01/2018 by CountMoneyBone
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#26 Posted: 19:24:30 11/01/2018
The graphics aren’t that bad on the Wii. Swap Force on the other hand...
---
Soon.
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#27 Posted: 19:15:34 26/01/2018
Quote: Drawdler
The HD versions are iffy ports. Graphics weren't remade properly and often look too shiny. Even more lag. While not a bug fest is still nosticeably buggier than Wii version.

I agree. My preferred software/hardware for playing the games is:

SSA: Wii U (Wii mode)
SG: Wii U
SSF-SI: PS4
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
#28 Posted: 12:12:45 29/01/2018
i tried but could not enjoy the iffy wii version of ssa on a 55 inch hd tv, it looked and played horrible. i had no problems with the ps3 version of ssa, so i only play the ps3, now if i am gonna play ssa. i admit it looks a bit outdated but its way way better than the iffy wii version.

the best version of the games and the best platform to play them on is these..

ps3: ssa
wiiu: sg
ps4: ssfi-si

and when it comes to the wiiu sg, it was a little surprise how good it looked compared to the ps3 and xb360, the graphics was much more crisp and colorful. so you can clearly see what the main developer platform they used.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:21:14 29/01/2018 by CountMoneyBone
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#29 Posted: 15:20:59 29/01/2018
Quote: CountMoneyBone
i tried but could not enjoy the iffy wii version of ssa on a 55 inch hd tv, it looked and played horrible. i had no problems with the ps3 version of ssa, so i only play the ps3, now if i am gonna play ssa. i admit it looks a bit outdated but its way way better than the iffy wii version.

I understand SSA on Wii looks worse than 360/PS3, especially on a large HD display, but no way does it play worse (unless you hate waggle controls which is understandable). Wii version is the original game as made by TFB, so it has minimal bugs compared to the 360/PS3 ports.

Quote: CountMoneyBone
and when it comes to the wiiu sg, it was a little surprise how good it looked compared to the ps3 and xb360, the graphics was much more crisp and colorful. so you can clearly see what the main developer platform they used.

I doubt the Wii U the main platform when they developed SG, the console wasn't even out yet. SG on Wii U looks as good or better than 360/PS3 because it was made last and ported to a console with slightly better hardware.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me