First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Nitro Soda Skimmer In-Hand [CLOSED]
Spybomb Blue Sparx Gems: 636
#51 Posted: 22:46:52 04/01/2016
Picked my nitro soda skimmer today they had 36 total so 3 cases worth. My tru got birthday bash pop fizz today also but it's register locked until tomorrow. They only got 1 case of fizzy and they only got 1 case of rollerbrawl this passed sunday.
DobermanOwner Yellow Sparx Gems: 1013
#52 Posted: 23:16:41 04/01/2016
Got my Nitro Soda Skimmer today in Topeka, KS. Forgot to check TRU for Birthday Pop Fizz. Is his release date set for tomorrow for sure?
---
Collection total: 317/364 figures, 28/31 vehicles, 51/66 traps, 34/35 magic items & bonus levels (not counting Skymiibos)
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#53 Posted: 23:52:20 04/01/2016
Got mine! The guy working insisted that since he didn't see it in the ad, it didn't exist.

He grudging ly went into the back only after I showed him this post:

Quote: ZapNorris
Quote: Taronyx
DPCI number?

207-03-0209

Thanks for posting the DPCI Zap!
---
Dead
#54 Posted: 00:33:36 05/01/2016
Quote: DobermanOwner
Got my Nitro Soda Skimmer today in Topeka, KS. Forgot to check TRU for Birthday Pop Fizz. Is his release date set for tomorrow for sure?

Yes for sure tomorrow.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#55 Posted: 00:54:27 05/01/2016
Got mine. They only had 4.
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#56 Posted: 01:05:03 05/01/2016
Most of the Targets have not put these out because the box is dated (I believe for 1/10). You can give any worker the DPCI and they can check stock at that store or any of the stores in the area. The vehicle is not register-locked so you can buy it right now. Also, if you have the Target Cartwheel app, all Supercharger vehicles and figures are 50% off. The 50% off does not come off of Nitro Soda Skimmer automatically, but they should be able to change the price manually. The worker at my local Target changed the price right at the register, but you might have to have the price adjusted at Customer Service.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#57 Posted: 01:08:01 05/01/2016
Just a PSA, use brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker and the dcpi 207-03-0209 to find if your store has these. It will show how many there are.

(one of my local stores has 24 WTF)
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#58 Posted: 05:20:30 06/01/2016
Thanks to a fellow darkspyro.com member, a helpful (and most excellent) Toys R Us employee, and my magnificent and lovely wife, I walked in with seven figures to add to my collection tonight, Nitro Soda Skimmer, LBBRB, BBBBPF and both amiibo double packs. Should have stopped into some GameStops to try of an early Kaos Cup, but we were short on time to get to the Sherlock special tonight. :(
spoons10696 Gold Sparx Gems: 2525
#59 Posted: 02:23:24 07/01/2016
Picked up the Nitro Soda Skimmer from Target and used the 50% off Cartwheels coupon. With my additional 5% with the a target card I picked this up for just over $7. I'm happy.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#60 Posted: 14:30:00 08/01/2016
Quote: UncleBob
Thanks to a fellow darkspyro.com member, a helpful (and most excellent) Toys R Us employee, and my magnificent and lovely wife, I walked in with seven figures to add to my collection tonight, Nitro Soda Skimmer, LBBRB, BBBBPF and both amiibo double packs. Should have stopped into some GameStops to try of an early Kaos Cup, but we were short on time to get to the Sherlock special tonight. smilie

Dude, did you not watch Sherlock on Jan. 1st? I considered a theater viewing, but free on PBS is much better. A bit strange at times, but great setup for Season 4 - gonna be a long wait.

As far as Nitro, yeah it is in almost all Targets by now. Every one in my extended area has them, but most are still reporting multiples of 12 which means they haven't been put out. The cases do not have a "Hold Date" on them, nor are they Street Dated/Register Locked, so with the DPCI in hand and a helpful employee you might be able to get one. The store might be holding them for the Sunday ad, but might just not have put them out yet.

There is an advantage to getting it prior to Sunday, Cartwheel has a 50% off vehicles deal, but it won't ring up directly so a helpful manager will need to override (the deal says "vehicles", but fine print says only a certain DPCI). I wasn't going to do variant vehicles, but I found my kids really liked them and half off is a bargain, so I picked up both Nitros.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:32:36 08/01/2016 by defpally
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#61 Posted: 05:28:42 09/01/2016
Just got it. It wasn't on shelves but thanks to the posted DCPI number (and BrickSeek), I told them it was in the system and they instantly recognized it from a recent shipment, so they pulled it out. It did not apply in the 50% off sale sadly. I opened it and was pleasantly surprised... the rim is actually made of hard rubber! I always laughed at the thought they they would do that to the Soda Skimmer, but it's actually true! It even smells like rubber, like Splat smells like gum!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:29:05 09/01/2016 by TrapShadowFan
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#62 Posted: 20:37:11 09/01/2016
Thanks, Zap, for the DPCI number. I was able to get one just now, which I can play with BBPF.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#63 Posted: 05:16:17 10/01/2016
They didnt have it at mine, but pulled it out the back when i gave the DCPI number. wife got two of them and found a sky racing pack. The 50% didnt apply as other stated it specificly says in cartwheel that it only applys to a certain DCPI (which is the one for all other vehicles but nitro stealth and nitro soda). Luckily the cashier at our line had his light off and prob wanted to go home so when my wife mentioned it wasnt working he applied 50% off to each. I didnt realize till later on that he also gave us 50% off the sky racing pack too so i managed to get it for abt the same as gamestops sale, which is good cause i couldnt find it at the 4 gamestops i went to.
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#64 Posted: 13:26:48 10/01/2016
Having called a local Target, and having used the DPCI page posted above, only one Target in my area has any, and that Target is about 40-50 miles away. I have 6 Targets within 25 miles of me, by the way. My closest TRU also has not yet gotten any Roller Brawls, so I have to drive about 20 minutes away to a regionally hated store to pick that up.
---
Hail Sithis
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#65 Posted: 15:34:25 10/01/2016
Quote: LordElohim
Having called a local Target, and having used the DPCI page posted above, only one Target in my area has any, and that Target is about 40-50 miles away. I have 6 Targets within 25 miles of me, by the way. My closest TRU also has not yet gotten any Roller Brawls, so I have to drive about 20 minutes away to a regionally hated store to pick that up.

My closest Target, BestBuy, Toys R Us and GameStop are all an hour drive away.

Tell me again about your drives... :p
#66 Posted: 15:55:37 10/01/2016
Quote: UncleBob

My closest Target, BestBuy, Toys R Us and GameStop are all an hour drive away.

Tell me again about your drives... smilie

Look on the bright side sometimes after that hour drive you get to encounter me! smilie
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#67 Posted: 15:57:01 10/01/2016
Yay! I got it! This has to now be either my favorite or second favorite Sea Vehicle.

Thanks to Zap for posting the DPCI. If it wasn't for that, the guy I talked to probably wouldn't of went into the back to look for it. Very please I finally have one to call my own.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#68 Posted: 17:25:53 10/01/2016

I'm in the same position...plenty of Targets near me in central NJ, but none have it in stock. The closest one to me that has it is about a 50 minute drive away. I'll wait until the next 50% off sale when stock is hopefully better. I'm not concerned...my local stores still have Nitro Stealth Stinger and Nitro Head Rush.
D77 Green Sparx Gems: 146
#69 Posted: 22:43:07 10/01/2016
I purchased one yesterday at the Target in Florence, KY. They were slightly buried in the mess of what they did have, and there were only 2 that I saw. There was quite a similar situation when I got the Nitro Stealth Stinger. In the past, Swap Force and Trap Team Nitros seemed a bit more abundant, but disappeared quite fast (with the exception of Nitro Head Rush). Haven't seen it on the Target website either.
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#70 Posted: 22:57:52 10/01/2016
Went to two Targets in my area and neither had it.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#71 Posted: 16:27:47 11/01/2016
Quote: 84skylanderdude
Went to two Targets in my area and neither had it.

Go to this website

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker

and enter your zip code and this DPCI number: 207-03-0209

It will check and see which Targets near you have Nitro Soda Skimmer in stock. When you get to the store, they might not be out on the shelves as some stores put stuff out faster/slower than others. But if you have that DPCI number in the store and have someone at electronics look it up in their system, they will see they have them in the store somewhere.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#72 Posted: 18:53:37 11/01/2016
What I don't understand is why only one of the 15 closest Targets to my zip code has bothered to stock this item. It's not like I live in the middle of nowhere...I live in central NJ.
#73 Posted: 03:33:11 12/01/2016
A friend of mine was near the store that is 40 miles away from me today, so I asked him to pick it up for me. Luckily, I gave him the DPCI, because they were in the back. I don't think these are actually "out" yet. I think they are probably part of the winter reset, and will be in an ad in a week or two. The stores that have them just got stock early. This is conjecture, but it is my opinion from having been collecting as long as I have.
---
Hail Sithis
Pacifickarma Yellow Sparx Gems: 1268
#74 Posted: 06:02:05 12/01/2016
I don't think these are actually "out" yet. I think they are probably part of the winter reset, and will be in an ad in a week or two. The stores that have them just got stock early. This is conjecture, but it is my opinion from having been collecting as long as I have.

They told me that it is marked in their system to be put out on 1/10. They let me have it earlier than that, as it wasn't register locked.
#75 Posted: 07:01:09 12/01/2016
As I said, it was just a theory, but the inventory system would not tell them if the hold date is for a reset. We know the computers had them marked with a hold date for the 10th, all that means is that they *shouldn't* be moved to the floor until the 10th at the earliest, not that they are intended to be moved to the floor on the 10th. If they are part of the winter reset, at least that explains soo many stores not having them, which is unusual. Of course, that same stock shortage is happening with Roller Brawl, too. It's just odd, and out of character for Skylanders availability.
---
Hail Sithis
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#76 Posted: 18:37:01 13/01/2016
The Target I got mine from now put them out.....yesterday.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me