Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
A Complaint about FIGURE QUALITY [CLOSED]
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 01:47:26 01/12/2015 | Topic Creator
A couple of cases have occurred Recently involving POOR QUALITY on many figures. Both internal and external.

1. The biggest one- Nightfallgate. It'll be over this saturday, but the fact that we got a figure where all copies were defective is SAD.
2. Splat's overall flimsiness and cases of broken bushes is very low of VV
3. Lava Lance Eruptor (at least mine) snaps off his base with very little pressure. Peg and all.
4. Super Shot Stealth Elf/Spitfire have BAD cases of snapping off the base, ESPECIALLY spitfire.
5. The overall weakness of vehicles. I've been able to-without any tools- Break open Reef Ripper and Dive Bomber.
6. Astroblast... Not only is his figure undetailed, but (at least mine, legendary version) has had his arm and upper body unpeg, and not be able to go back without superglue. plus Skylander Family's LAB broke his leg off! Shameful!
7. Paintjobs on Hammer Slam Bowser... OH MY GOD. The eyes are awfully painted on on pretty much every one i see. Mine has one eye not even on his pupil. I know he's not entirely amiibo, but the painters must have GIVEN UP on this guy...Lame! Even at the Comic-Con 2015 (before the game came out) nintendo lounge, the bowser figure they had FLAT OUT BROKE. the amiibo/skylanders switch got stuck on amiibo, and the rest was history.
8. The engine Bases. I could EASILY take the bone part off of frightful fiesta's base, and REMOVE THE CHIP!

This is really bad. Not only are these toys we're paying $15+ for, but these are meant for kids, little ones at that. what if Billy's Little baby brother/sister got ahold of a badly made figure and broke it, and choked on a piece!? This is shameful. VV needs to step up their game on these toys! They're pumping out the new ones (Wave 3 a month earlier than usual) so fast, they're all going to crap quality. I have a feeling after Superchargers' low sales and low quality, we won't be seeing much out of VV after sky 6.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#2 Posted: 01:57:01 01/12/2015
Quote: ZapNorris
A couple of cases have occurred Recently involving POOR QUALITY on many figures. Both internal and external.

1. The biggest one- Nightfallgate. It'll be over this saturday, but the fact that we got a figure where all copies were defective is SAD.
3. Lava Lance Eruptor (at least mine) snaps off his base with very little pressure. Peg and all.
4. Super Shot Stealth Elf/Spitfire have BAD cases of snapping off the base, ESPECIALLY spitfire.
5. The overall weakness of vehicles. I've been able to-without any tools- Break open Reef Ripper and Dive Bomber.
6. Astroblast... Not only is his figure undetailed, but (at least mine, legendary version) has had his arm and upper body unpeg, and not be able to go back without superglue. plus Skylander Family's LAB broke his leg off! Shameful!
7. Paintjobs on Hammer Slam Bowser... OH MY GOD. The eyes are awfully painted on on pretty much every one i see. Mine has one eye not even on his pupil. I know he's not entirely amiibo, but the painters must have GIVEN UP on this guy...Lame! Even at the Comic-Con 2015 (before the game came out) nintendo lounge, the bowser figure they had FLAT OUT BROKE. the amiibo/skylanders switch got stuck on amiibo, and the rest was history.
8. The engine Bases. I could EASILY take the bone part off of frightful fiesta's base, and REMOVE THE CHIP!

This is really bad. Not only are these toys we're paying $15+ for, but these are meant for kids, little ones at that. what if Billy's Little baby brother/sister got ahold of a badly made figure and broke it, and choked on a piece!? This is shameful. VV needs to step up their game on these toys! They're pumping out the new ones (Wave 3 a month earlier than usual) so fast, they're all going to crap quality. I have a feeling after Superchargers' low sales and low quality, we won't be seeing much out of VV after sky 6.

So Beenox would take over VV's job. Um no
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#3 Posted: 02:18:31 01/12/2015

I HIGHYLY doubt we'll see VV kicked.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:18:53 01/12/2015 by HeyitsHotDog
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#4 Posted: 02:19:37 01/12/2015
Terrible quality.
I haven't seen a paint job as bad as Bat Spin yet, though I am expecting it. *shudders*
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#5 Posted: 03:11:02 01/12/2015
Really stop it it's getting annoying.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#6 Posted: 03:18:24 01/12/2015
Some of the figure quality has been running down recently.

Quote: KeybasHedKey

Here's a tip. If complaints and opinions mentally annoy you, ignore them. Simple. This is a forum where we are allowed to post complaints and opinions, even if you don't like it.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:18:57 01/12/2015 by Aura24
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#7 Posted: 03:20:10 01/12/2015

(Just reverse the roles)
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#8 Posted: 03:33:02 01/12/2015
I haven't experienced any major mishaps with any of my SuperCharger toys. My only broken toys are Prism Break (arm came out) and Wallop (only because I kept dropping it).

Though Nightfallgate is a big problem.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#9 Posted: 03:38:14 01/12/2015
Personally, I haven't had any problems with my figures so far... Just lucky, I guess.
---
Check this out! Please?
Spybomb Blue Sparx Gems: 636
#10 Posted: 03:50:55 01/12/2015

Sadly VV has nothing to do with the production of the figures they may develop the game conceptually and creatively. Everything has to pass through Activision and the cheap Chinese manufacturers they use.
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#11 Posted: 05:18:12 01/12/2015
My only real problems have been with Giants, actually. I've already had to replace Crusher, Swarm, and Hot Head a couple times each.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#12 Posted: 08:17:59 01/12/2015
Yes, there has definitely been a drop in quality and I'm pretty sure it's not Activision nor cheap chinese manufactory's fault.

I heard a lot of people saying V.V. is not responsible of X but maybe we are forgetting they are the developers and while they don't have controll over anything (I don't blame them for distribution issues) they are indeed responsible for quality and design issues.
Last year we didn't have any problems bashing TfB for their mistakes and this case won't be different.

None of the SuperChargers is really worth 13$/€ and and vehicles could definitely cost like SuperChargers.
The fact they removed cards and provided us with an incredibly cheap Portal is also a sign of that.

A lot of figure's weaknesses could have been easily solved by adding a bit of glue for example, nothing impossibile with a prize increase.

Whether it's V.V. or Activision's fault (or both) I sincerely hope they will understand they mistakes and never repeat them again because this is not the direction to take with toys.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#13 Posted: 10:56:10 01/12/2015
Yeah,VV isn't to blame for the figure quality. What it's SUPPOSED TO look like, say glossy paint everywhere instead of gradients and whatnot,yes, but not if the model breaks apart with nothing; even in the 3D modeling the guy doing it would be called out if the figure snapped in two as soon as they took the test out of the printer.

But then again, blaming Acti is like asking them to blame either dev team. The higher ups would be the last to admit they were ever wrong.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#14 Posted: 11:41:17 01/12/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03

(Just reverse the roles)

This video made me genuinely laugh.

Anyway, On-Topic: I haven't had any problems with my Superchargers yet. Although...Pop Fizz's paint job could be better...
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5336
#15 Posted: 12:39:18 01/12/2015
I've experienced no breakages yet with my Superchargers (touch wood) but the paint jobs definitely leave something to be desired. Dark Bowser's eyes and hair are terrible, and Legendary Astroblast, DK and Dark DK are all also pretty sloppy. Fortunately I tend to carefully choose my figures so I always go for the one with the best paint, but I am not looking forward to having to find an acceptable Pop Fizz and Splat after everything I've heard about them.

To put it in perspective, compare any Supercharger to a Disney Infinity figure and an amiibo. each one ranges from 10.99 - 14.99 and somehow every amiibo is like a work of art compared to the best Supercharger. The quality control is abysmal and needs to be stepped up.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#16 Posted: 13:14:02 01/12/2015
I always compare every figure in store and choose the one with the best paint job and and no bended pieces. I'm also very careful with my figures so none of them broke, but it's true, the quality is dropping.
You could easily snap off Spitfire or even Nightfall with some more pressure.
I never liked those thin, bendy parts either, I didn't even want to touch them because I was afraid they would bend and stay like that or even snap off.
I have mixed feelings about the paintjob though, some are great (Splat, Nightfall, High Volt etc.) and some you just can't look at (Astroblast, BB Pop Fizz etc).
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#17 Posted: 13:32:28 01/12/2015
Am I the only one who thinks SSC is more of a mixed bag this year? I don't think its terrible, just not as good. Giants and SF had the highest quality figures for sure and yes, TT was a mixed bag too.

Some of the Skylanders look great like Fiesta and Spitfire, while some just don't look good, like Astroblast.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#18 Posted: 13:43:50 01/12/2015
Bendy parts on the figures are the best though :U Things like the dragon wings or huge weapons make use of it since then you can have them in a full bag of figures or box without worrying too much they'll break off; but,if they can now, I'm worried.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#19 Posted: 15:00:51 01/12/2015
Splat's paint is not only bendable though, it's weak.
I was really worried when I tried to take her put of the box, it was a pain.

I'm seriously thinking about gluing part of it to her leg but still this is not something a customer should do.
They should carefully test models before deciding a final design or simply how a figure will be made.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#20 Posted: 18:14:34 01/12/2015
Ditto, personally I've not experienced anything bad other than a Giants Chill who's head keeps falling off and I've been too lazy to put a spot of glue to keep it on. I did on purpose pick out a non-Easter package Punk Shock with no gold paint on her weapon because some people really go crazy for mistakes like that. Aside from sloppy paint jobs here and there, my figures has held up fairly well and I buy my stuff used 80% of the time. I've seen a handful of broken figures in package, but countless others in tact, so I think they are doing pretty well in general. Then again, I don't expect museum quality stuff either.
---
Stay Cool!
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#21 Posted: 18:59:36 01/12/2015
The cute rift engine as the base for figures was a bad idea. Even with ginger care, I suspect many will break off from figure in the not so distant future.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:02:14 01/12/2015 by TakeYourLemons
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#22 Posted: 19:17:20 01/12/2015
Ginger care?

:p
#23 Posted: 20:06:12 01/12/2015
...in the hopes that St Nicholas would soon be there. smilie

Would thought I'd be seasonal.
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#24 Posted: 21:20:22 01/12/2015
So far, I've had no problems with SSC. I've had one SF figure crash on me (Roller Brawl), but I got a replacement and haven't had any problems ever since.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#25 Posted: 03:04:27 02/12/2015
Haven't had any of these problems, though the whole Nightfall ordeal is pretty bad...
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#26 Posted: 19:42:25 02/12/2015
Well, it looks like the figure quality went down a little. But it looks like not everyone suffered. For me, it's just more defective figures than usual, not an apocalipse. In past games, this happened too, just not as usual as now. Also, I think that VV make figures with way too impressive designs/poses and forget of making then durable, like past figures. My SA figures fall down various times, but they don't have any small problem. Even my dog picked and destroyed a Cynder that I bought, and she still works (but I bought a new one because of the destroyed toy).
---
Bruh
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#27 Posted: 22:07:44 02/12/2015

What's getting annoying?
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#28 Posted: 22:17:42 02/12/2015
Quote: GigaCamo

What's getting annoying?

Yeah, I wouldn't ask that. Keybash's mentally sensitive over opinions and complaints different than her own and tired of hearing. It's best to ignore her and not to engage her when it comes to stuff like this, highly advised at this point.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#29 Posted: 22:20:04 02/12/2015
I see SO many people complain about paint jobs that it annoys me. I know their not as good as STT but GEZZE!
#30 Posted: 23:03:08 02/12/2015
Personally, I get annoyed when people get annoyed over how much they're advertising the vehicles. I mean, they are the main focus of the game... But it's not like I'm gonna call 'em out for doing something bad. I agree, overexposure is never good.
---
Check this out! Please?
simonc1138 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1549
#31 Posted: 05:11:53 04/12/2015
My own quality control sob story - I picked up the Legendary air racing pack and unfortunately didn't notice until after I'd opened the thing that my Legendary Sun Runner was missing a pilot's seat! Someone in the factory had forgotten to put it in.

So I've sent the figure back to activision, and waiting for a replacement. This was late Oct. I just called today to check status and it turns out my case has to be escalated because legendary figures are not an easy replacement apparently. smilie

THAT aside - paint jobs are probably my biggest complaint. Not just the bad ones, which are fairly common and have been a source of frustration since the Giants days, but just the lack of texturing with the figures now. Splat's pink fur and Pop Fizz's tuba are probably the biggest offenders from the latest wave. Even Eruptor's molten hands and feet previously had a sprayed-on look, now it's more like someone just painted the tips.
---
You know you have an addiction when you spend money on it that is normally saved for your other addictions.
#32 Posted: 09:25:00 04/12/2015
The paint thing is perfectly V.V.'s style.
Don't know if I can call it a quality issue but I'd indeed prefer more details and shading.

Again, look at S1 or S2 Eruptor and then look at Lava Barf Eruptor.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
spyrothe111 Ripto Gems: 3702
#33 Posted: 19:37:13 06/12/2015
I just find it odd how the character prices went from $9.99 to $12.99, and yet the quality is worse than the previous years...
Also, I fear my Splat's brush is about to snap too, better get the superglue just in case...
#34 Posted: 19:40:08 06/12/2015
When I went to get Nightfall and Missile Tow, all the Nightfalls were fine but a couple of the Missile Tows were slightly off of their pedestal.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Archie Gold Sparx Gems: 2476
#35 Posted: 20:47:58 06/12/2015
Well i got to agree. The figure quality is very poor to previous figures. This is 1 of a few reasons why I decided not to buy superschargers.
---
SSA 37/37 SG 62/62 SSF 75/75 STT 72/72 Traps 57/60(+1 xtra light/dark) SSC 0!
#36 Posted: 00:04:27 07/12/2015
I really miss the style of the SSA toys.
---
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#37 Posted: 00:33:30 07/12/2015
[User Posted Image]

I saw this image last night and I thought that was the best looking Jet-Vac I've ever seen and how come mine doesn't look as good as this one. Turns out it's a huge statue of him found at Toys for Bob. LOL I would love to see high quality figures like this, but I know it's not realistic and it would cost probably $100 a figure for such detail. Yet, sometimes it does bother me as with Splat she should have a couple stripes in her hair, gold paint on her belt and gloves and so on. She looks half done, but then again this isn't anything new from the franchise, so it's not a decline in quality or anything.
---
Stay Cool!
#38 Posted: 02:19:42 07/12/2015
This was a very special unique "one off" of Jet Vac. I'm not even sure they produced any of this in any quantity. It's one of those chase variants that are about a zero likelihood you will score.
superhalite Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#39 Posted: 03:07:41 07/12/2015
The only things I really had a problem is:

1. Nightfall, but it will soon almost get fixed
1.bowser, but I repainted the eyes so that's also fixed
3.weakness of splat, I'll have to be careful

The quality isn't dropping that bad, they just need to make the figures a bit harder...
---
We rely too much on technology yes that is true,but it's not going anywhere.
TOlofter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1021
#40 Posted: 16:48:07 07/12/2015
Quality is definitely the worst it has ever been. You are paying a premium price for a lackluster product. For the the prices we pay, these figures should be stunning with perfect paint. This is in comparison to other figures at the same price point or even similar such as Amiibo and DI.

Now we see many details left unpainted, white residue from glue, breakage, flimsyness, etc. Even at bogo prices the stores are still making money, so unless they improve quality, prices should drop. Just compare figures now to SA and Giants. Camo for example has beautiful paint details where as his s2 is lacking.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#41 Posted: 17:47:24 07/12/2015
Quality was never good with Skylander toys, at least for me, even back in SSA.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#42 Posted: 18:37:31 07/12/2015
I'm fine with some unpainted details.

Not even SA figures were the exact same copy of their in-game models yet they looked fine as a whole.
However you should seriously start questioning your design choices when your character looks nothing like neither his/her in-game model nor artwork (Astroblast, who also frankly looks simply bland) or when the lacking details aren't secondary at all (Smash Hit).

I'm still convinced V.V. might be tricking us with their usual lack of shadings and smaller details (which isn't indicative of bad quality) but one thing is sure: non-gimmick figures weren't worth 13€/$ the past years and they certainly aren't worth them now.

Vehicles are overpriced as well but at least their quality is objectively higher.
Eh, funny thing when you think last year the gimmick figures were the less detailed ones... smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:48:28 07/12/2015 by Drek95
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#43 Posted: 08:41:47 08/12/2015
only issue I've had is the paint job on Hammer Slam Bowser...mine has really derpy eyes
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#44 Posted: 23:31:42 11/12/2015
i have been looking in shops and seen my share of bad work done. its sad to see there is so much slack in figure quality control, it have really gone down the drain.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#45 Posted: 22:48:19 08/01/2016
After Superchargers, I will not spend any more money on Skylanders. The crappy paint jobs and rising prices are a big disappointment.
---
Any last wishes?
#46 Posted: 23:21:58 08/01/2016
Quote: Wishblade
After Superchargers, I will not spend any more money on Skylanders. The crappy paint jobs and rising prices are a big disappointment.

Absolutely not saying you are wrong but I'd at least wait to see what 2016 has in store for us.
After all other developers are in charge this time, and the changes might get well beyond in-game features and gameplay.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#47 Posted: 23:45:25 08/01/2016
Quote: Drek95

Absolutely not saying you are wrong but I'd at least wait to see what 2016 has in store for us.
After all other developers are in charge this time, and the changes might get well beyond in-game features and gameplay.

Yeah, for all we know the figures for the next game could be the most polished, most detailed ones thus far.
---
Check this out! Please?
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#48 Posted: 01:01:09 09/01/2016

Quote: AdamGregory03

Yeah, for all we know the figures for the next game could be the most polished, most detailed ones thus far.

Why do you guys think the next figures will be better? I really hope so.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#49 Posted: 01:49:01 09/01/2016
Hope mostly, and also because TfB generally makes more detailed figures and has better design ideas.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me