Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
Skylanders isn't doing too good... [CLOSED]
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 04:27:16 13/11/2015 | Topic Creator
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=skylanders

you're probably wondering where superchargers is.... it's all the way down at the bottom!!! some versions haven't even sold a million copies yet.

now look at infinity...

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb...ey+infinity+3.0

it's at least selling good amounts of copies. skylanders superchargers has sold 0.13 million worldwide. infinity has sold 0.46 worldwide! that's 3 times as much!!!

i'm not saying the franchise is gonna die. i'm just saying it's taking a few hits.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 04:37:08 13/11/2015
Vgchartz is not a reliable source on sales.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#3 Posted: 05:24:55 13/11/2015
Superchargers is the first time I haven't bought any additional characters.

It's also the first game with no new/returning dragon characters
---
#all Spyros are valid
willster8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2383
#4 Posted: 05:44:57 13/11/2015
Quote: Okaps

That was the first thing I noticed. I kind of made me mad to be honest.
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#5 Posted: 05:51:49 13/11/2015
Quote: Okaps

Well...
I consider SWAP Force to be the first with no new dragons. To me at least, smilie looks more like an Asian lion than a dragon.
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#6 Posted: 05:53:11 13/11/2015
Yeah I wouldn't trust anything like this yet, especially less then 2 months out on release , it takes ages to collect this kind of data.

We all knew skylanders was gonna suffer a bit with Star Wars etc and it most definitely has suffered a bit , but these stats definately wouldn't be reliable.

And we all know these figures mean nothing until the Xmas sales are recorded. Especially with something like skylanders. Most kids don't get games straight away when they are released, adults make up a lot of the 1st month sales.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#7 Posted: 06:04:31 13/11/2015
This is the 5th year of the game. The general public is getting tired of the franchise and doesn't eat up the yearly gimmick and cash pit. Quite honestly, I am very bored with the racing gimmick and refuse to pour money into any more vehicles. I'm no longer blindly running around chasing after all the in-game variants I can get my hands on like I have with past games...Activision needs to earn my money and they just haven't done it with this game. The rising MSRP of the cheapest figures comes off as petty and greedy to me...I guess $9.99 cores weren't padding the bank accounts of their executives enough. Toys to Life is a competitive and diverse market now and it seems Activision has dug their own grave with being greedy with this game. To be fair, I think Disney Infinity is on their way out as well since Disney has played all their cards between Marvel and Star Wars...they have nowhere to go but down.
#8 Posted: 06:13:41 13/11/2015
Quote: B-BOB358
Yeah I wouldn't trust anything like this yet, especially less then 2 months out on release , it takes ages to collect this kind of data.

We all knew skylanders was gonna suffer a bit with Star Wars etc and it most definitely has suffered a bit , but these stats definately wouldn't be reliable.

And we all know these figures mean nothing until the Xmas sales are recorded. Especially with something like skylanders. Most kids don't get games straight away when they are released, adults make up a lot of the 1st month sales.

Vgcharts is known for making guesses on sales, even if some guesses turn out to be lucky guesses.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#9 Posted: 07:55:05 13/11/2015
I mean, if it makes the franchise look like it's failing who needs legit sources. Christmas and Black Friday haven't even gone by yet for all three games to be at the peak of their sales.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#10 Posted: 07:56:03 13/11/2015
These numbers don't make sense... and yeah we need to wait after Holidays.
---
bye
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#11 Posted: 08:08:27 13/11/2015
I wouldn't worry too much about this powerful franchise. It will do better after the holidays as it always does, but I can see that it is slowly getting burned out.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
TTD Hunter Gems: 6201
#12 Posted: 10:02:37 13/11/2015
Vgchartz isn't a reliable source, it's mainly based on predictions and guess work.
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7055
#13 Posted: 13:58:06 13/11/2015
Disney's Interactive division still lost $15MM last quarter though. Quantity does not necessarily translate into revenue.

-v
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#14 Posted: 15:13:15 13/11/2015
Quote: Aura24

Why not? What is? It's the only thing I'm aware of that we have. Unfortunately, no one announces unit sales, so they have to poll distributors.

Btw, I've already noted that the numbers for Superchargers is VERY preliminary to me. Also note that other vendors may publish their numbers more publically. I would still point out that the obvious statement the OP makes is self evident with your own two eyes.

But to state this site is not accurate....it is. It may take until next Jan/Feb after the holiday dust has settled to see where we stand, but everyone is in denial if they think we're doing great. mastermc54 nailed it-between lackluster innovation in the game and gimmicks and rising costs doesn't make sense when the number of competitors is rising. Someone failed their economics 101 course.

Was everyone here ignoring the fact that they were off 1.5 million units of starter sales in Trap Team?
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 15:21:23 13/11/2015 by TakeYourLemons
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#15 Posted: 15:52:06 13/11/2015
Sales are definitely down. One cannot deny that based on the big sales we have seen already ahead of Black Friday and store stocking. It's not doom and gloom though, remember this game is aimed at kids and the holidays are big for it. Many people do not start shopping until Black Friday, and parents have learned to wait for the BF sales - gone are the days if you didn't pick Skylanders up ahead of time you might not find it. If they don't ramp up significantly for the holidays, it will be bad.
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#16 Posted: 16:54:18 13/11/2015
It's OBVIOUSLY NOT a good resource as they Haven't updated the sales on many of the Superchargers.

Consider this: Many families with kids will buy a console version and a 3DS version + many people like the 3DS version alone.

They are claiming the 3DS version has sold LESS than 10,000 units.

Less than 10k WORLD WIDE.

Either it hasn't updated or they aren't updating it until Black Friday, but this is obviously very wrong.

ALSO The newest game will always be less than the first and second games as people will continue to buy the older ones when entering the franchise as long as they can find them. Considering this black Friday many Retailers are sellnig this and DI for half off, and the older versions for 20$ or less, these will skyrocket.
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
#17 Posted: 17:28:00 13/11/2015
The casual latecomers to the franchise who don't need to "collect them all" are making out like bandits. These smart geniuses are purchasing starter packs of older games for $10-15 and figures for $2-3...you can have the Giants and Swap Force starter packs plus 25-35 Skylanders figures for less than $100 (all brand new) if you play your sales right...that's not even considering purchasing used figures at GameStop during their preowned figure sales. It certainly makes anybody forking out $13/Supercharger and $15/vehicle look like fools!
#18 Posted: 19:08:40 13/11/2015
I would wait until after the holidays for the sales amount confirmed by Activision before believing wild guesses from an unreliable site. You have to be pretty desperate for the sales on the latest games to believe stuff from vgchartz.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:30:39 13/11/2015 by Aura24
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#19 Posted: 21:36:59 13/11/2015
Whether the series is doing well or not, I'm still going to follow it until it ends.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#20 Posted: 01:06:02 14/11/2015
Infinity has Star Wars,
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#21 Posted: 15:36:12 14/11/2015
Meh, seems like with so much stuff on the market, families likely chose one over the other for the holidays. Kids love Lego and I fully expect to see it and Infinity do well over the holidays. Skylanders has had a rough go when the other companies jumped in because they don't necessarily have "Legacy" characters, things that have been in people's minds for decades. (Although I suppose you could argue some of them, like Eruptor etc are Legacy Characters lol)

I think the game will still do well, and obviously even if the games themselves don't sell a lot, the money is made purely on the figure sales...which I don't think we've ever really gotten sales figures for.

It's difficult to say how many they're selling because some stores seem to have more than others and stuff like TRU has a ton of stock..but..who knows.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
esrever Green Sparx Gems: 207
#22 Posted: 23:56:25 15/11/2015
In September, Disney Infinity was the 7th best-selling game of the month in North America, according to the NPD stats. Neither Skylanders or LEGO Dimensions placed in the top 10.

In October, NONE of the three games were in the top ten.

All in all, it seems like Disney Infinity is selling the best of the new titles, but that none of the three games are doing as well as Skylanders did in its heyday. The market is being split up between all the different options... not just the three different franchises, but also all the budget-priced previous iterations of the games that are available for newcomers.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:56:59 15/11/2015 by esrever
#23 Posted: 00:17:54 16/11/2015
Quote: esrever
In September, Disney Infinity was the 7th best-selling game of the month in North America, according to the NPD stats. Neither Skylanders or LEGO Dimensions placed in the top 10.

All in all, it seems like Disney Infinity is selling the best of the new titles, but that none of the three games are doing as well as Skylanders did in its heyday. The market is being split up between all the different options... not just the three different franchises, but also all the budget-priced previous iterations of the games that are available for newcomers.

Disney has the juggernaut known as Star Wars in their stable this year. I mean have you guys seen the Darth Vader figure? It's an insta-buy if there ever was one ... whether you like the game or not. Hulkbuster Iron Man is also a pretty darn amazing looking figure, and he is bigger than Tree Rex.
#24 Posted: 00:31:41 16/11/2015
Children's games aren't even expected to be in the top 10 best-selling of any lists, so it's not realistic to expect them to measure up to one of the many first person adult games out there. Not to mention that true sales numbers for Toys to Life aren't based on the number of units of the game sold, but rather the number of people who've committed to purchasing the toys and gimmicks that are being doled out by the franchise. Face it, Skylanders and Disney Infinity can have 1/4 of the number of video games sales as Halo, Fallout, or Call of Duty and still remain profitable (although not always beating those competitors in overall sales) if people are buying to 5-20 Toys to Life figures that go along with each game. It's a whole different ball game & market with different numbers which come into play. At the end of the day, the trend for video games has been such that manufacturers are counting for sales above that of the base game whether it be via DLC (expansion packs or alternate characters/skins/weapons,etc), season passes for play, or Toys to Life (glorified physical unlocking of content rather than general DLC). DLC is always going to be around, but you have to figure Toys to Life will die out within the next few years...the whole "all the content is on the game disc, but you need to buy X and Y to play with a particular character or unlock a level" is bound to get old quick, especially with the associated relentless annual cash pit.
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#25 Posted: 02:53:05 16/11/2015
I'm with the masterMC this year on everything stated!!
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#26 Posted: 03:23:12 16/11/2015
Quote: defpally

Disney has the juggernaut known as Star Wars in their stable this year. I mean have you guys seen the Darth Vader figure? It's an insta-buy if there ever was one ... whether you like the game or not. Hulkbuster Iron Man is also a pretty darn amazing looking figure, and he is bigger than Tree Rex.

I actually looked at both today while trying to find a mewtwo (my targets a complete mess atm as they are moving stuff around Di mised with skylanders etc) I def going to pick them up down the road, i might get DI 3.0 on black friday and hold it for my sons bday in Feb.
#27 Posted: 03:55:29 16/11/2015
Quote: SlayerX11

I actually looked at both today while trying to find a mewtwo (my targets a complete mess atm as they are moving stuff around Di mised with skylanders etc) I def going to pick them up down the road, i might get DI 3.0 on black friday and hold it for my sons bday in Feb.

I finished up our Marvel figure collection a couple weeks ago. They had 2.0 figures for like $4.99-5.99 as a deal of the day, then GCU for another 20% off them, plus it stacked with the weekly deal for $5 off when you bought two. Like $2.50 for figures was amazing. We have all of the Marvel Infinity figures except for Green Goblin, because I hate that TV/Ultimate version of the character - I like the old traditional version with a rubber mask.
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#28 Posted: 09:58:26 16/11/2015
I want to get 3.0 but I suffer from 12gbConsoleIdis
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#29 Posted: 16:40:10 16/11/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Quote: Aura24

Why not? What is? It's the only thing I'm aware of that we have. Unfortunately, no one announces unit sales, so they have to poll distributors.

Btw, I've already noted that the numbers for Superchargers is VERY preliminary to me. Also note that other vendors may publish their numbers more publically. I would still point out that the obvious statement the OP makes is self evident with your own two eyes.

But to state this site is not accurate....it is. It may take until next Jan/Feb after the holiday dust has settled to see where we stand, but everyone is in denial if they think we're doing great. mastermc54 nailed it-between lackluster innovation in the game and gimmicks and rising costs doesn't make sense when the number of competitors is rising. Someone failed their economics 101 course.

Was everyone here ignoring the fact that they were off 1.5 million units of starter sales in Trap Team?

im looking forward to Jan/Feb, exciting times ahead...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Banditguy Green Sparx Gems: 224
#30 Posted: 17:57:29 16/11/2015
Why does everyone press the panic button for the series especially getting info from a website that just guesse sales numbers, just calm down everyone. (Not saying it in a mean way)
---
Mario kart 8: destroyer of friendships
#31 Posted: 18:11:30 16/11/2015
Quote: Banditguy
Why does everyone press the panic button for the series especially getting info from a website that just guesse sales numbers, just calm down everyone. (Not saying it in a mean way)

Not pressing the panic button, and certainly not because of a single website. I'm concerned because nothing seems to be selling all that well, and there have been frequent (and unusual from previous years) deep sales on the Starter Packs which is clearly designed to try and get the game into more hands to buy figures. Every store is overstocked on Skylanders, and they are butting elbows with two other popular games - one sporting Star Wars (which is HUGE given the upcoming movie to tie in) and Lego which is, frankly, Lego (nothing more needs to be said). It's not like previous years when they had only one worthy, but still kinda not quite there yet game to compete against. Skylanders is now competing against two toy franchises that have dominated the toy market for the past 25+ years.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#32 Posted: 19:12:05 16/11/2015
Quite frankly... I don't think Star Wars in Disney Infinty 3.0 is really that big of a thing.
I know, I know... The Force Awakens incoming, figures of famous characters... But game wise they are just more playable characters.

I really don't see a true difference between that and the introduction of Marvel superheroes.
I am a big fan of the franchise but absolutely didn't freaked out or anything after I learned about its introduction; I just said "cool!" and that's all.
Disney should stop relying only on franchises and start improving games as well.

Would you call it a "mind-blowing innovation" if they started adding characters from older Spyro, Crash or Ratchet and Clank games in Skylanders...?
Would it really be worth a new installment?

Skylanders on the other hand changed too much this year, and unfortunately, not in a good way in my opinion.

Not talking about this year gimmick or in-game features but... Could it be people kinda refused to buy characters they already owned (especially at a higher price and with less collectables)...?
Could it be they simply were ok with just a Land, Sea and Sky vehicle and weren't interested in buying more since they are nowhere near Skylanders in terms of gameplay value...?
Could it be they feared vehicles will eventually be heavily nerfed just like traps...?

Or could it be a lot of people saw vehicles and thought "nope"...?
That's a possibility to take in consideration when you shift the focus of your series so heavily.

SuperChargers simply made tons of illogical and non-friendly choices.
They are paying the price of them, nothing more.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:17:16 16/11/2015 by Drek95
#33 Posted: 19:24:53 16/11/2015
Quote: Banditguy

You seem to be taking this thread out of context if you think it's people just pressing the panic button. We are all bringing up balanced and valid points as to why sales are struggling...none of which give much credence to the article posted in the first post. From a competitive standpoint in both the video game market and the Toys to Life market, Activision hasn't done enough with Superchargers to keep it's many loyal fans on board and purchasing figures. Us more grounded fans are anticipating the mess that they've created with this game in overpriced vehicles that will probably not be supported in future games...and even if supported, not everybody likes racing - it's a lose-lose situation for Activision. It's certainly been a key factor in me not purchasing any additional vehicles until they perhaps hit the deep discount bins next year. Another big blunder that many have agreed on is Activision being greedy and raising the price of the cheapest figure above $9.99. The competition in the Toys to Life market should help keep prices stable or even reduce them...not make them go up. It just doesn't make any sense for Activision to be raising prices and I think it's a valid discussion to point out their mistakes even if it may be miscontstrued by some as "doom and gloom" talk or pressing the panic button. Besides, what we're seeing with stores overstocked with figures which aren't moving speaks for itself. We certainly expect sales to pick up with the holiday season, but it'll be interesting to see how many people are still buying after the dust settles in 2016.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#34 Posted: 20:46:38 16/11/2015
Quote: Drek95
Quite frankly... I don't think Star Wars in Disney Infinty 3.0 is really that big of a thing.
I know, I know... The Force Awakens incoming, figures of famous characters... But game wise they are just more playable characters.

I really don't see a true difference between that and the introduction of Marvel superheroes.
I am a big fan of the franchise but absolutely didn't freaked out or anything after I learned about its introduction; I just said "cool!" and that's all.
Disney should stop relying only on franchises and start improving games as well.

Would you call it a "mind-blowing innovation" if they started adding characters from older Spyro, Crash or Ratchet and Clank games in Skylanders...?

Skylanders on the other hand changed too much this year, and unfortunately, not in a good way in my opinion.

Not talking about this year gimmick or in-game features but... Could it be people kinda refused to buy characters they already owned (especially at a higher price and with less collectables)...?
Could it be they simply were ok with just a Land, Sea and Sky vehicle and weren't interested in buying more since they are nowhere near Skylanders in terms of gameplay value...?
Could it be they feared vehicles will eventually be heavily nerfed just like traps...?

That's a possibility to take in consideration when you shift the focus of your series so heavily.

Bout time people are seeing that Superchargers was a huge let down. They removed everything that made Skylanders fun -

Adventure Packs
Elemental Gates
Exploration
Finding chests, soul gems, hats, winged sapphires
That feeling that your Skylanders were meant to do more than drive a car

And replaced it with vehicles, vehicles, vehicles. Forget a robust single player campaign. You can - no you have to - drive a car to get from point A to B, and we will remove all exploration to boot.

I hope Superchargers didn't leave a bad taste in the mouths of fans, leading to the downfall of the series.

However, who's to say the downfall wasn't starting when the brand started alienating us loyal customers by making it so we can't even finish our collections, because certain figures aren't released overseas, and in America, whoever is responsible for not giving us the last three Yawn traps gave us the collective middle finger.

We don't even get set release dates for figures, meaning if stores have shelf warming Skylanders, we have to worry about seeing future waves at all, or in limited quantities, while Amiibos and more importantly, Infinity and The far excellent Lego Dimensions (best TTL game of 2015 hands down) have set dates for figures and plenty of stock.

One thing that turned me off this year, is the gal of VV to release a chase variant vehicle in a starter pack that's stupid insane to find, and it's even more of a slap in the face when the blasted thing registers as its own toy in your collection, meaning thanks to VV, many of us who don't want to pay stupid amounts of money, will have an incomplete collection screen once again.

Two games now with incomplete collections, thanks to TFB mishandling the remaining traps, and VV for making a chase variant that registers and only aquirable in starter packs.

Skylanders has turned into a huge mess, and I doubt Acti/TFB/VV care anymore.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#35 Posted: 21:15:05 16/11/2015
I agree with everything you said GameMaster78 except the fact...there is no set date of when figures are released... And how many are released during a wave....I love the fact there is no release date...and the fact that some figures are harder to get then others! You also left out the removal of stat card's in your post...lol
#36 Posted: 22:02:14 16/11/2015

I finished up our Marvel figure collection a couple weeks ago. They had 2.0 figures for like $4.99-5.99 as a deal of the day, then GCU for another 20% off them, plus it stacked with the weekly deal for $5 off when you bought two. Like $2.50 for figures was amazing. We have all of the Marvel Infinity figures except for Green Goblin, because I hate that TV/Ultimate version of the character - I like the old traditional version with a rubber mask.

The new goblin looks like goblin on steroids, I guess the writers thought gob looked too weak and dont understand goblin.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:12:13 16/11/2015 by SlayerX11
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#37 Posted: 23:01:23 16/11/2015
Nothing stays on top forever I guess ?
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#38 Posted: 01:00:28 17/11/2015
Quote: GameMaster78
Quote: Drek95

Bout time people are seeing that Superchargers was a huge let down. They removed everything that made Skylanders fun -

Adventure Packs
Elemental Gates
Exploration
Finding chests, soul gems, hats, winged sapphires
That feeling that your Skylanders were meant to do more than drive a car

And replaced it with vehicles, vehicles, vehicles. Forget a robust single player campaign. You can - no you have to - drive a car to get from point A to B, and we will remove all exploration to boot.

I hope Superchargers didn't leave a bad taste in the mouths of fans, leading to the downfall of the series.

However, who's to say the downfall wasn't starting when the brand started alienating us loyal customers by making it so we can't even finish our collections, because certain figures aren't released overseas, and in America, whoever is responsible for not giving us the last three Yawn traps gave us the collective middle finger.

We don't even get set release dates for figures, meaning if stores have shelf warming Skylanders, we have to worry about seeing future waves at all, or in limited quantities, while Amiibos and more importantly, Infinity and The far excellent Lego Dimensions (best TTL game of 2015 hands down) have set dates for figures and plenty of stock.

One thing that turned me off this year, is the gal of VV to release a chase variant vehicle in a starter pack that's stupid insane to find, and it's even more of a slap in the face when the blasted thing registers as its own toy in your collection, meaning thanks to VV, many of us who don't want to pay stupid amounts of money, will have an incomplete collection screen once again.

Two games now with incomplete collections, thanks to TFB mishandling the remaining traps, and VV for making a chase variant that registers and only aquirable in starter packs.

Skylanders has turned into a huge mess, and I doubt Acti/TFB/VV care anymore.

I stopped reading after that.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#39 Posted: 06:06:58 17/11/2015
Which is fine. I understand some people have or choose to be biased towards one brand. I choose to support all of them. In doing so, my opinions on any TTL game are without bias, because I own, support and play all three (4 if you count Amiibos).

I'm not going to blindly defend Skylanders just because I am a super fan of Skylanders. If they mess up on a game, and it ends up sucking, I'm going to call it out, not blindly defend it for some silly reason.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#40 Posted: 07:31:24 17/11/2015
I'd love to support all four TtL games but unfortunately I can really only focus on one and I already know what my choice is.

Not to mention Amiibos are out of question without a Wii U and Dimensions didn't released here.

Based purely on what I heard here is the series from best to "worst":
- Skylanders;
- LEGO Dimensions (which is basically first as well);
- Infinity;
- Amiibos (which I don't consider a proper TtL game as of now, mind it).

Let's not forget Skylanders is at their fifth game and some truly unforgivable mistakes, considering that.
Dimensions on the other hand is the first installment of the series and we might see great things from an hypothetical second game.
Infinity is at its third game and frankly they could stop right here and just keep adding more characters if their idea for 4.0 is adding yet another famous franchise and call it an innovation worth a new game.
Amiibos are still developing and are undoubtedly the most interesting figures of the franchise, being able to be used in multiple games with different effects but I really feel they should create a title just for them.

I'll wait Skylanders 6 to see how many of the bad SuperChargers' choices were V.V.'s fault and how many were imposed from above by Activision.
It will be interesting.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:32:49 17/11/2015 by Drek95
#41 Posted: 11:17:51 17/11/2015
I haven't really played superchargers thou one of my sons disappointments was that the figures didn't actually sit inside the vehicles, which I do think would have been cool to have seen, but I understand it would be hard to fit the diff size figures/base widths.

Ppl are either picking 1 or 2 or going after all of them at once, which i see would limit ppl buying to much.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:45:23 18/11/2015 by SlayerX11
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#42 Posted: 17:56:53 17/11/2015
I haven't really played superchargers thou one of my sons disappointments was that the figures didn't actually sit inside the vehicles, which I do thing would have been cool to have seen, but I understand it would be hard to fit the diff size figures/base widths.

Ppl are either picking 1 or 2 or going after all of them at once, which i see would limit ppl buying to much.

I heard that was actually the original plan, but of course they said the vehicles would be waaaay too much.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#43 Posted: 00:37:46 19/11/2015
^ That and the size wouldn't work for the portal.
Banditguy Green Sparx Gems: 224
#44 Posted: 03:14:18 19/11/2015
Did not see it in that way but I will admit I was in the wrong
---
Mario kart 8: destroyer of friendships
#45 Posted: 06:32:49 19/11/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
^ That and the size wouldn't work for the portal.

True but they could have made them larger right? Idk i think it would have been neater to have them go inside the cars etc, even if they gave us smaller skylanders similar to minis etc.
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#46 Posted: 08:17:34 19/11/2015
It's not doing too good...?

That's why it's needs a big change. But no...people don't want it.
#47 Posted: 09:00:19 19/11/2015
Quote: KeybasHedKey
It's not doing too good...?

That's why it's needs a big change. But no...people don't want it.

You know, one could argue this year's game isn't doing too good exactly because of its big changes...

But I agree with you.
I absolutely give credits to SuperChargers for trying to be innovative inside the game instead of outside it but it still wasn't the kind of innovation I was hoping for.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:01:03 19/11/2015 by Drek95
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#48 Posted: 09:11:03 19/11/2015
The Problem is Skylanders needs a big change. But, no one wants my idea.
#49 Posted: 09:32:55 19/11/2015
Quote: KeybasHedKey
The Problem is Skylanders needs a big change. But, no one wants my idea.

Oh my gosh, Keybash... this is NOT about dark graphic themes that you want in a Skylanders game. This is about SuperChargers sales and potential gimmicks that could possibly bring back people's interest and raise sales more.

PLEASE do not derail another topic with this again. PLEASE??
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 10:07:12 19/11/2015 by Aura24
EmperorKaos Emerald Sparx Gems: 4399
#50 Posted: 10:48:13 19/11/2015
pc giants op
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me