First | Previous | Page 8 of 10 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Wave 3 & 3.5 [OFFICIAL TOPIC]
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#351 Posted: 17:24:03 06/12/2015
Quote: Insane01
Was the first one at my GameStop and got both Nightfall along with MTDC. They only had six of each one. I'm sure they're going to start off with a small amount to see how well they sell, then get more.

To have an exclusive for a period of time, I would say that would be a foolish decision. It's probably a bit like the TRU week headstart: stock is usually restricted by Activision would be my guess.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#352 Posted: 19:25:21 06/12/2015
Just tried Splat, Astroblast and their vehicles and I have split feelings. Splat is absolutely amazing, she's powerful and has beautiful animations. The Splatter Splasher has nice mods and fast attacks. While Astroblast on the other hand isn't that great. His attacks aren't very strong and the kick is total nonsense. Though I have to say he looks awesome in-game. Sun Runner feels like a weaker Stealth Stinger to me. The laser can't K.O an enemy with one full bar, while Stealth Stinger's missiles can and the scanning is just useless.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:27:53 06/12/2015 by Deja Vu
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#353 Posted: 19:27:44 06/12/2015
Quote: Deja Vu
Just tried Splat, Astroblast and their vehicles and I have split feelings. Splat is absolutely amazing, she's powerful and has beautiful animations. The Splatter Splasher has nice mods and fast attacks. While Astroblast on the other hand isn't that great. His attacks aren't very strong and the kick is total nonsense. Though I have to say he looks awesome in-game. Sun Runner feels like a weaker Stealth Stinger to me. The laser can't K.O an enemy with one full bar, while Stealth Stinger's missiles can and thr scanning is just useless.

My only problem with Splat is that she's extremely spammy. All of W3 is great, but Pop Fizz is the star of the wave for sure.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#354 Posted: 19:29:44 06/12/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Just tried Splat, Astroblast and their vehicles and I have split feelings. Splat is absolutely amazing, she's powerful and has beautiful animations. The Splatter Splasher has nice mods and fast attacks. While Astroblast on the other hand isn't that great. His attacks aren't very strong and the kick is total nonsense. Though I have to say he looks awesome in-game. Sun Runner feels like a weaker Stealth Stinger to me. The laser can't K.O an enemy with one full bar, while Stealth Stinger's missiles can and thr scanning is just useless.

My only problem with Splat is that she's extremely spammy. All of W3 is great, but Pop Fizz is the star of the wave for sure.

Yes she is very spammy... and that's why I like her. smilie
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#355 Posted: 22:12:15 06/12/2015
Dose anyone know any place in US that I can get Thump Truck, Shield Striker and Splatter Splasher?
pezskylander Gold Sparx Gems: 2496
#356 Posted: 22:15:52 06/12/2015
Toys R Us
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#357 Posted: 22:19:19 06/12/2015
That's it? (Of course one of the stores I'm 40 min away from)
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#358 Posted: 13:20:36 07/12/2015
I've got everything for Wave 3 + a couple Nightfalls/Diveclops (though I may return the extras).

Just so I can temper expectations, I shouldn't expect anything for Wave 4 until like February right? Due to the lack of characters though, it feels like all thats left is a couple reposes...
- Unreall
#359 Posted: 15:53:38 07/12/2015
We can expect the BB Roller Brawl double pack next month and Wave 4 for easter, as always.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#360 Posted: 17:53:41 07/12/2015
We can expect the BB Roller Brawl double pack next month and Wave 4 for easter, as always.

I'm normally in the same boat where I expected them to stick to the plan, but the Wave 3 early drop indicated something is amiss, probably lagging sales compared to the competition. They may not feel that a four month window of no new waves might be too much and will lose player interest. They are already having a hard time at keeping ahead of the crowded field.
#361 Posted: 18:29:00 07/12/2015
I really think that they are thinking post December sales are going to REALLY fall for the franchise. If they keep the characters around 15-20 then I fully expect them to rethink things and attempt to drop ALL characters by December 1st with a release date around September like this year.

I also expect Alt Decos to drop DRAMATICALLY after this year. The gig is up, people don't want to buy multiple characters anymore. The Misstle Toe is horrendus, and if they stocked it like past holiday variants we may see this one well into March and April.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:29:51 07/12/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Elkkthunder Green Sparx Gems: 459
#362 Posted: 22:36:30 07/12/2015
TRU will have nightfall and MTDC
12/9 street date
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#363 Posted: 01:58:37 10/12/2015
Wonder when that Sky Racing Action Pack is coming in. It was most likely canceled because of all crazy amounts of Cyber Monday online orders. It'll come out soon enough, just hopefully before the holidays. If anyone gets anything, post it here.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#364 Posted: 14:01:06 10/12/2015
Quote: Chompy-King257
Wonder when that Sky Racing Action Pack is coming in. It was most likely canceled because of all crazy amounts of Cyber Monday online orders. It'll come out soon enough, just hopefully before the holidays. If anyone gets anything, post it here.

TRU probably isn't in any hurry to get in the regular Sky Racing Pack. My TRU has probably 200 of the Legendary one in store, and that isn't an exaggeration. It's insane.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#365 Posted: 16:19:21 10/12/2015
Anybody seen nightfall at TRU yet? It's 12/10...
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#366 Posted: 17:27:07 10/12/2015
Yes, ToysRUs stores should have her, saw a few posts on Reddit confirming that.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Spybomb Blue Sparx Gems: 636
#367 Posted: 22:23:03 10/12/2015
Quote: ZapNorris
Anybody seen nightfall at TRU yet? It's 12/10...

Yes my local tru had dozens lastnight also dozens of missile tow dive clops.
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#368 Posted: 02:06:49 11/12/2015
also confirming local east coast toysrus had lots and lots and lots of Nightfall, Missle-Tow Dive-Clops, Smash Hit, High Volt, Splat, etc and all their vehicles.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#369 Posted: 20:29:36 11/12/2015
No word on the wave 3 combo packs for the US yet?
Usually Walmart gets first dibs, since that's where I found the first two
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
#370 Posted: 20:43:49 11/12/2015
Just called Gamestop. The guy there, a buddy of mine, told me that the Sky Racing Action Pack was scheduled for Monday, the 14th.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:44:08 11/12/2015 by Chompy-King257
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#371 Posted: 00:25:13 14/12/2015
According to Amazon.it, The BB Roller Brawl+Tomb Buggy+Splatter Splasher combo pack will come out on 2/2/16. Maybe the rest of wave three will be released in the middle of january.

http://www.amazon.it/PlayStati...sh+roller+brawl
#372 Posted: 01:17:44 14/12/2015
Quote: spyrocrash
According to Amazon.it, The BB Roller Brawl+Tomb Buggy+Splatter Splasher combo pack will come out on 2/2/16. Maybe the rest of wave three will be released in the middle of january.

http://www.amazon.it/PlayStati...sh+roller+brawl

That's ten days too late! I hope it's for the triple pack only and the double pack will come out in mid january.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#373 Posted: 02:35:58 14/12/2015
As long as Legendary BB Roller Brawl releases in within late December-mid January, I'm happy.
#374 Posted: 03:37:39 14/12/2015
Quote: TrapShadowFan
As long as Legendary BB Roller Brawl releases in within late December-mid January, I'm happy.

Previous years had the last Legendary coming out mid to late February, however who the heck knows this year?
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#375 Posted: 03:55:04 14/12/2015
Gonna hope I don't get Splatter Splasher for Christmas. Gonna get it in the BBRB and Tomb Buggy pack.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#376 Posted: 05:07:41 14/12/2015
Quote: GigaCamo
Dose anyone know any place in US that I can get Thump Truck, Shield Striker and Splatter Splasher?

They're 50% off at TRU online right now.
#377 Posted: 14:07:44 14/12/2015
Quote: defpally
Quote: TrapShadowFan

Previous years had the last Legendary coming out mid to late February, however who the heck knows this year?

IT feels like everything is a month early this go around (I could be wrong). I wasn't expecting the vehicles to land until early January, yet they arrived mid December - so I'm thinking that February date might make it to January (just a theory)
- Unreall
#378 Posted: 15:00:53 14/12/2015
Quote: Unreallystic
IT feels like everything is a month early this go around (I could be wrong). I wasn't expecting the vehicles to land until early January, yet they arrived mid December - so I'm thinking that February date might make it to January (just a theory)
- Unreall

Everything is off this year. There have been some insane deals (notably TRU has a 50% figures and vehicles, and B1G2 free on Swap Force and earlier), not to mention the Starter has pretty much been permanently marked down to less than $40. Stores are concerned with the franchise, and it seems like Activision is being much more aggressive with the release schedule to try and prop up interest. I don't think they can afford to wait months between new releases anymore, else come April no one is going to care about Wave 4 and beyond. They need to strike while they still can or they are going to be sitting on a load of inventory no one wants. This really has that Guitar Hero/Tony Hawk/ET vibe. Disc games that don't sell aren't a big loss, but all these pieces of plastic cost more and take up space.
#379 Posted: 15:15:40 14/12/2015
Yep, definitely agree. vgchartz has been updated...if correct they haven't even hit 1 million starter units yet (0.8). And keep in mind this got released a month earlier.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:19:20 14/12/2015 by TakeYourLemons
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#380 Posted: 16:20:18 14/12/2015
It's up on Walmart.com, but the strange thing is, the picture is the TRU exclusive legendary version. It's available for both shipping and in store pick up.

Here's the link.
---
Dead
#381 Posted: 17:33:24 14/12/2015
Quote: Unreallystic
- Unreall

Everything is off this year. There have been some insane deals (notably TRU has a 50% figures and vehicles, and B1G2 free on Swap Force and earlier), not to mention the Starter has pretty much been permanently marked down to less than $40. Stores are concerned with the franchise, and it seems like Activision is being much more aggressive with the release schedule to try and prop up interest. I don't think they can afford to wait months between new releases anymore, else come April no one is going to care about Wave 4 and beyond. They need to strike while they still can or they are going to be sitting on a load of inventory no one wants. This really has that Guitar Hero/Tony Hawk/ET vibe. Disc games that don't sell aren't a big loss, but all these pieces of plastic cost more and take up space.

I feel this may be the curtain call for Skylanders. It's not just the struggling US market, but I haven't seen Skylanders being sold in other countries either. It used to be that I saw Spyros Adventure and Giants stuff everywhere including shops in international airports in Europe and Central America. It's a huge sales hit that they're not even being sold in countries where it thrived in it's heyday. I stopped by a Walmart in Cancun (Mexico) a few weeks back and they weren't selling Skylanders. And last month while visiting South America, I stopped by a video game store and they were only selling a sparse selection of Nintendo Amiibo figures. The animated series in an attempt to breathe some new life into the franchise might be too little, too late.
#382 Posted: 17:39:43 14/12/2015
I don't think curtain call, I just think they need to pull the yearly game bit, give it another year or two then drop a really great one. They have worn people out on buying plastic. In the meantime, release maybe some remakes with support for all figures - remastered up to XB1/PS4 standards. Have a limited line of "favorites" (not Eon's Elite) as a way of people getting some figures that are pretty much unobtainable right now.

If they go full steam ahead, full lineup with Skylanders 6 next year, then they are toast.
#383 Posted: 18:12:37 14/12/2015
I don't think curtain call, I just think they need to pull the yearly game bit, give it another year or two then drop a really great one. They have worn people out on buying plastic. In the meantime, release maybe some remakes with support for all figures - remastered up to XB1/PS4 standards. Have a limited line of "favorites" (not Eon's Elite) as a way of people getting some figures that are pretty much unobtainable right now.

If they go full steam ahead, full lineup with Skylanders 6 next year, then they are toast.

You're thinking too logically. Activision thinks full steam ahead and then a cold turkey ditch when a franchise becomes unprofitable. I beg to differ on a break being a good thing. I fully believe Toys to Life is a passing fad and that nobody will care to revisit the cash pit if there is indeed a break. As with all fads, you have to strike and maximize profits while things are hot!

Look how quickly Nintendo Amiibo has dropped off...they were all the rage at this time last year and generated hype up until a few months ago when supply seemed to overtake the demand for a majority of the figures....for the most part, Amiibo released outside their Smash Bros line have been a failure and simply haven't thrived.
#384 Posted: 18:22:42 14/12/2015
If things follow the normal trend U.S. releases for this game are done if you want anything past wave 3 better keep an eye out for import options. There is always the eBay option if you want to pay 9 times the price for things.
#385 Posted: 18:29:14 14/12/2015
Quote: Spybomb
If things follow the normal trend U.S. releases for this game are done if you want anything past wave 3 better keep an eye out for import options. There is always the eBay option if you want to pay 9 times the price for things.

How is that in ANY way the "normal trend"? There has been no trouble finding things after Wave 3 in the US assuming you don't wait two months after it comes out to get around to trying to find Wave 4 stuff.

Don't make stuff up. Skylanders is having some difficulties in the sales department, but that justify inventing history.
#386 Posted: 18:38:23 14/12/2015

How is that in ANY way the "normal trend"? There has been no trouble finding things after Wave 3 in the US assuming you don't wait two months after it comes out to get around to trying to find Wave 4 stuff.

Don't make stuff up. Skylanders is having some difficulties in the sales department, but that justify inventing history.

That's right yawn traps don't exist....the single pack punk shock,the single pack jet vac the last two three packs for the last three games all of which never got a us release.
#387 Posted: 18:52:11 14/12/2015

That's right yawn traps don't exist....the single pack punk shock,the single pack jet vac the last two three packs for the last three games all of which never got a us release.

No need to be arguing guys...it's accepted that you might miss out on your Scratch, Echo, Spotlight, or Blackout if you dilly dally or procrastinate too much after release. I recall the light and dark traps disappearing completely after just a week or two in early April...some stores didn't even bother restocking them. We might see the same with later wave vehicles since they are most likely a one game accessory like traps. I REALLY believe that consumers have wisened up and those who are on board for Superchargers realize that you don't need more than one vehicle of each terrain type much like you really didn't need more than one trap of each element with the last game. I'm sure number crunchers at Activision have taken notice particularly of sales numbers of vehicles. Quite honestly, a $15 vehicle/accessory is a ridiculous cash grab and it seems people aren't biting even during 50% off sales...people are tired of the nonsense. Money should be made off your core product which is Skylanders figures...not the side stuff.
#388 Posted: 19:13:47 14/12/2015

But you insinuated that everything post Wave 3 is has been MIA, which is completely false. Yes, they skipped the Yawn Traps because stores didn't want more traps. The other two are just packaging alternatives. The rest of the post Wave 3 stuff for all the games has been obtainable if you didn't sit around waiting.
#389 Posted: 19:50:56 14/12/2015
I'm sorry defpally I'm not trying to argue....just my confidence in the line is very low....at the prices stores are unloading things there is no profit margin....they lose more money per figure or starter pack sold. I just don't expect stores to continue to receive stock on a dead item that has no profit margin it's bad business to continue to bring skylanders in. I've supported the franchise since SSA I haven't missed a figure yet I've imported what hasn't released in the us...I've driven 2 hours one way to get things not in my area. I'm just not confident they will finish releasing the rest of ssc.
#390 Posted: 20:25:44 14/12/2015
There is profit margin even at half price, but not much. TRU has to cover shipping, stocking,etc. so it eats into it all.

I'm confident they will release all the new figures and vehicles. I, however, am not confident we will see all the planned variants come out. I'm very suspicious that the Power Blues will ever see light of day, personally. Gamestop and TRU are the only two that seem interested in keeping up anymore, although Target is kind of. By May, it is going to be a tough case to make to fund a store exclusive or even just shelf space.
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#391 Posted: 03:25:55 15/12/2015
I didn't want to wade through all the pages of this topic, so if it isn't common knowledge, the Sky Racing Action Pack is out at Best Buy, in large quantities. Can provide pic and receipt if need be. I didn't see a topic about it on the front page, and I didn't see it mentioned on the last page of this thread.
---
Hail Sithis
wavesorcerer14 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4873
#392 Posted: 03:35:37 15/12/2015
Quote: LordElohim
I didn't want to wade through all the pages of this topic, so if it isn't common knowledge, the Sky Racing Action Pack is out at Best Buy, in large quantities. Can provide pic and receipt if need be. I didn't see a topic about it on the front page, and I didn't see it mentioned on the last page of this thread.

Same with ToysRUs. They had a lot!
---
"altissima quaeque flumina minimo sono labi."
#393 Posted: 11:53:23 15/12/2015

Wait, where are you in America?
---
#394 Posted: 14:42:15 15/12/2015

I had the EXACT same line of thought randomly recently. This yearly thing is just too much for such a high investment.

I've said it for a while about diversifying their game types. Nintendo put out Mario Party centered around Amiibos, then the new Animal Crossing is essentially another Mario PArty...with Amiibos. Why isn't there some kind of Skylander Party game? We got a racing game this go around like I asked, but only due to system limitations - not as a PSN or XBLA type game. A Skylander RPG? Or ... wait for it...wait for it...
take a year off to release a Spyro's Adventure game *gasp*

As mentioned, Activision has a history of just running things into the ground full force, then coming back to pick up the pieces years later...this series won't recover like that. They need to play the long game with this, there is so much potential to earn even more money if they don't just burn it out.
- Unreall
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#395 Posted: 14:57:18 15/12/2015
Quote: Chompy-King257

Wait, where are you in America?

Pennsylvania
---
Hail Sithis
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#396 Posted: 16:48:27 15/12/2015
None at my local Best Buy in MN yesterday.
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
acriley91 Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#397 Posted: 19:45:13 15/12/2015
None at Best Buy in Greensboro, nc and no peg where it should have been
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#398 Posted: 14:11:55 16/12/2015
None at best buy kennewick wa
aad2201 Green Sparx Gems: 395
#399 Posted: 16:03:11 18/12/2015
Thanks for the link. Ordered online and did store pick up. They do have the wrong picture up on line, but its the regular version of the sky pack.
First | Previous | Page 8 of 10 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me