First | Previous | Page 3 of 10 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Wave 3 & 3.5 [OFFICIAL TOPIC]
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#101 Posted: 15:21:34 17/11/2015
Dents and imperfections are normal and intentional, it is battle wear. It is especially apparent on the Shark Tank. Also, Jet Vac's vehicle, the back wing is askew, but it is that way on every single one I've seen.

As far as Pop Fizz, his hair having color at all is a new, previously it was the same color as the rest of his fur.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#102 Posted: 15:42:09 17/11/2015
Actually Pop Fizz's hair on his head is white even on his S1 figure (thought I doubt it appeasr like that in-game) so I guess it stayed the same across his various iterations.

The point is it isn't solid white, it has some kind of shading.
And from what I can tell V.V. isn't inclined to use shadings on its figures.
They generally go for solid colored parts and different effects (such as metallic, transparent, glittery).

Just a different approach to figures, that's all.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
chained skull Gold Sparx Gems: 2971
#103 Posted: 16:33:45 17/11/2015
Quote: Crash10
Good. So, where did you get the figures? Also, test the figures in the game and give your opinions about the characters/vehicles in-game abilities. Thanks if you can.

I got them from Amazon.IT

My personal opinions on them in game?
Just note i have not fully upgraded any of the figures yet
Splat: Holly crap, she has the potential to be the strongest Skylander, her Third attack is so strong, leaving damaging trail of paint balls, her secondary attack has great range and damage. And her primary attack is pretty strong even right out of the package. And splat's in game model is so gorgeous, seriously Splat is pretty much a must buy
Splatter Splasher: Its a cool vehicle in game the weapons on it are very great, firing at a rapid speed, almost like trigger happy's gun. The only down side I can say is that the supercharged specialty mod can block your vision a bit, other than that splatter splasher is pretty fun
Thump Truck: The mods are very cool, but the one few down sides are that it has the lowest acceleration and the highest speed and its true, and the primary attack is so but it hurts so badly, and you gotta be close up for the thump truck's secondary attack but it will do a crud ton of damage in one second.

will post my opinions of Big bubble pop fizz in game later,
---
What do I even write here? Lmao
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#104 Posted: 16:43:19 17/11/2015
Quote: Drek95
Actually Pop Fizz's hair on his head is white even on his S1 figure (thought I doubt it appeasr like that in-game) so I guess it stayed the same across his various iterations.

They generally go for solid colored parts and different effects (such as metallic, transparent, glittery).

You're mostly right on that, but there are some shaded Skylanders in SF and SSC. The best examples are Scratch's wings, Nightfall's hair, Scorp's claws, Fryno's horn & of course Pop Thorn. But after all, TFB puts more effort into that. Examples from TT are Bat Spin's face, Torch's hair, Enigma's cape, Cobra Cadabra's back, Food Fight and more! I usually like shaded characters more, Star Strike & Roller Brawl would've looked much better with some shading here and there.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:45:08 17/11/2015 by Deja Vu
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#105 Posted: 17:53:04 17/11/2015

Hey that is a really good observation there my friend. I have noticed how limited their paint work has been lately. TFB tend to have fancier skills with painting their figures while VV take the more simpler direction. Now I don't hate nor prefer one over the other as some characters actually work in certain styles. Though some variety in the paint could have maybe helped Scorp or better shading for Pop Thorn.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#106 Posted: 18:24:03 17/11/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster617

Hey that is a really good observation there my friend. I have noticed how limited their paint work has been lately. TFB tend to have fancier skills with painting their figures while VV take the more simpler direction. Now I don't hate nor prefer one over the other as some characters actually work in certain styles. Though some variety in the paint could have maybe helped Scorp or better shading for Pop Thorn.

Interesting observations, but I was under the impression TfB still was involved on the figure design - maybe not character design, but the figures. However, this may hold some insight. Remember that a big deal in Swap Force was made about the "laziness" of the reposed Camo and a few other figures. He was missing many details, particularly on his tail and spine. Maybe they just put more effort into it when it is their own game and have direct access to the character designers.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#107 Posted: 18:33:32 17/11/2015
TFB is always involved with character desgin - I-Wei does the 3D models for the printers along with some other guys and he's the main character designer. VV seems to be the one doing it differently, because the concept art looks quite distinct from the ingame stuff to begin with(the concept artist seems to be into painting-like coloring, with a LOT of transition you don't see in the final product).
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:33:49 17/11/2015 by Bifrost
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#108 Posted: 19:47:52 17/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: chained skull
So I got part of wave 3 in the mail today and I have some good and bad things to say
Splat: I know the one you all love, and its safe to say that I saw like one tiny little flaw in her paint, which doesn't really bother me (literally like a tiny pink smidge paint and its in a place you can't see unless you really look for it), and another detail I want to point out is that her eyes could look like they could be a bit more open. But overall Splat's figure had like no flaws
Splatter splasher: Now this one is a bit different, first of all the horns on the back on it are a little bit uneven, secondly I don't know if this is part of the vehicle or a messup but there is a little dent on the front (But I have noticed these dents on some of the vehicles I have 'dive bomber, Sky slicer, and sea shadow to point out a few) and on the bottom there are a few grey paint smidges. I'd say its meh not the greatest figure but not the worst
Thump truck: Looked around it, and either I need new glasses or it seems like the thump truck is flawless, besides the figure overall is in my opinion, so cool, so I say the thump truck is worth getting
Big bubble pop fizz: I am so dissapointed in who ever makes these figures, cause Pop fizz is SO UNDERPAINTED, seriously his hair is solid white behind his goggles, some of his gear like the gloves and boots aren't colored and are a ocean blue still, and especially the horn, bubble blower, whatever you call it isn't even colored. I would complain to activision or something about this, but it seems like every pop fizz has this problem, even the offical packaging photo of pop fizz shows these flaws

I would write more but I only was able to get these four figures, not LL eruptor, shield striker, or Normal sky pack.

I will also post pictures later, if can find out how though

Topic and posts moved to Wave 3 Official Topic.
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#109 Posted: 20:03:49 17/11/2015
Quote: Bifrost
TFB is always involved with character desgin - I-Wei does the 3D models for the printers along with some other guys and he's the main character designer. VV seems to be the one doing it differently, because the concept art looks quite distinct from the ingame stuff to begin with(the concept artist seems to be into painting-like coloring, with a LOT of transition you don't see in the final product).

It might have something to do with a character artist not making decisions that translate well to a mass produced physical model. "Mass produced" being the operable word here, because they have to be made by the thousands in fairly consistent output. When TfB character artists do them, they probably have direct interaction with the model guy(s) and do things that translate better to the figure design.

Just look at Amiibos, which in general have loads of great detail (Ganondorf is fantastic, for example), but poses have been hit or miss for physical figure design with supports (Link, for example). The Smash designs simply were not made with figures in mind, Amiibos entered the equation late into design of the game - they went with the win screen poses, for better or worse. Later Amiibos (Super Mario series, Splatoon series, etc.) have poses that make good sturdy figures - and they have the great intricate detail. The newly shown Twilight Princess Amiibo shows just how far they have come.

Legos of course don't apply to any of this, they are just Legos.

Based on all the figures, I think the Infinity ones are the best. They match the "toy box" theme, have really consistent paint jobs, great poses and are incredibly solid (which really stands out when compared to Rocky Roll, for example which feels cheap and hollow). Hulkbuster Iron Man is a beast, bigger than Tree Rex and weighs (I suspect, I haven't weighed them) twice as much. Hulkbuster also has loads of tiny details. The Star Wars figures also look fantastic, Darth Vader is quite a showpiece. I like Skylanders best of the franchises, but their figures definitely do not compare favorably - and I say that as someone with an absolutely massive collection of them.
#110 Posted: 20:42:57 17/11/2015
I think the reason why TFB is so into shading their figures, goes back to the roots of the franchise. In SSA & SG the shading really sticked out in the retro graphics (Sprocket, Hex, Stealth Elf, Swarm) the shades sometimes looked too much like a seperate color, or were too dark to go over to the actual color. With the new graphics, it looks much smoother and less extreme.
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5289
#111 Posted: 23:56:50 17/11/2015
[User Posted Image]
Found somewhere in the US.
Edit: It was a Toys r Us in Texas. They had no vehicles. I'd check it out but I can't go back until Saturday.
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:08:03 18/11/2015 by skylandsfan
sinatraluvr22 Blue Sparx Gems: 602
#112 Posted: 01:07:20 18/11/2015
I just got my wave 3 at toys r us!!
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#113 Posted: 01:10:22 18/11/2015
Where sinatraluvr22?
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#114 Posted: 03:22:52 18/11/2015
My store (South Elgin IL) got in wave 3 characters. 4 boxes, no chase.

4 Pop Fizz, 4 Splat, 3 Eruptor, 1 Jet Vac
Pop Fizz's music horn thing looks really cheap. It's unpainted slightly glittery copper-colored plastic, it looks like it should've been painted over.
Splat is definitely the star of the wave (figure-wise).
---
#all Spyros are valid
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#115 Posted: 05:10:49 18/11/2015
So they've reached American shores....

Time to go hunting.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#116 Posted: 05:49:57 18/11/2015
I guess the December date was right after all. Even a few meet the Skylanders videos were posted.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#117 Posted: 07:20:23 18/11/2015
Sure, when I said "V.V. isn't inclined to use shades" I absolutely didn't mean they never use them.
Just that it's uncommon for them.

And good observation, defpally.
V.V.'s revamps or reposes of TfB characters really makes that evident; compare them to their original toys (or to TfB reposes) and you'll immediately see what I'm talking about.
They lack lots of detaile most of the time.

Of course this is not a bad thing, just a consideration.

Another difference I noticed (maybe we should move this discussion somewhere else to avoid getting off-topic though) is how TfB and V.V. handle their creative process.

Recent SWAP Force's concept art leaks show they really went through a lot of iterations for most of the characters and while they still kept their basic "feel", many Skylanders changed a lot to the point they were almost unrecognizable.
TfB's concept arts instead show they clearly have a precise idea of how a character will look at the end along the basic theme: looking at Gill Grunt, Ignitor, Boomer, Chopper, Food Fight or Ghost Roaster early forms you can immediately recognize them (there are exceptions like Zap).

Some early SWAP Force sketches make it really hard to tell that (particularly Bumble Blast, Rip Tide and Doom Stone), and that's often rather difficult most of the time.

It's almost like TfB starts with a very clear idea in mind and simply keep tweaking it while V.V. prefers to experiment and sketch a lot more before deciding a final design.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:22:13 18/11/2015 by Drek95
PopFizzForever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1490
#118 Posted: 08:36:40 18/11/2015
Quote: Buuzer

DATES:

DATE (ITALY): 13th November
DATE (US): 13th December (RUMOR)
DATE (SWEDEN): 6th December
DATE (GERMANY): 18th December
DATE (AUSTRALIA): 12th December

Where Was This Date For Australia Confirmed?
---
Sky 6 Is The Death Of Me and My Wallet
sinatraluvr22 Blue Sparx Gems: 602
#119 Posted: 09:09:18 18/11/2015
I'm in southern California. I saw the boxes and they said put on floor asap. I have 2 toys r us's by me and they both had them.
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#120 Posted: 11:28:54 18/11/2015
Quote: Buuzer

[User Posted Image]

Are we going to get these guys in singles too? Or am I going to find myself with a second Air Trophy?
Starlight_Shine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1088
#121 Posted: 12:12:19 18/11/2015
Quote: Aura24
So they've reached American shores....

Time to go hunting.

Take me with you!
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#122 Posted: 12:19:56 18/11/2015
sweet gonna ppick up my pay check thursday then buy bb pop fizz and lava lance eruptor friday
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
#123 Posted: 13:25:57 18/11/2015
Quote: Okaps
My store (South Elgin IL) got in wave 3 characters. 4 boxes, no chase.

4 Pop Fizz, 4 Splat, 3 Eruptor, 1 Jet Vac
Pop Fizz's music horn thing looks really cheap. It's unpainted slightly glittery copper-colored plastic, it looks like it should've been painted over.
Splat is definitely the star of the wave (figure-wise).

Dood you live in South elgin or something? And they Toysrus is by like a target and gamestop? Cause I live right down the street from there, also did they have vehicles and the sky racing pack or just characters?
EDIT: Is it toysrus since they said they had none, I called though was there like a lot when you left the store
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:21:06 18/11/2015 by chained skull
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#124 Posted: 13:35:28 18/11/2015
welp

time to buy lava lance
jedihunter12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2401
#125 Posted: 17:38:06 18/11/2015
Had plenty at the Idaho toys r is
SirKev7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1251
#126 Posted: 17:44:30 18/11/2015
Myskylanders.de has put up some stuff in-hand on Instagram

https://instagram.com/p/-O2JHw...myskylanders.de
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#127 Posted: 17:52:48 18/11/2015
Did any of you have wave 3 vehicles... Or just figures?
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#128 Posted: 18:01:50 18/11/2015
Quote: DAWNOFWAR
Did any of you have wave 3 vehicles... Or just figures?

Just figs. Wave 3 typically is done in piecemeal.
#129 Posted: 18:06:52 18/11/2015
Thanks for the info!
#130 Posted: 18:23:30 18/11/2015
Lemons you got your figures today too?
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#131 Posted: 18:28:50 18/11/2015
Anyone known any good stores in New York/North Tonawanda where they're being held, or... no?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#132 Posted: 18:40:24 18/11/2015
Seems very YMMV. Two of my three TRU's in OK doesn't have them. Checking the third now.

Man, she will the Skylanders brand get out of the stone ages with this whole it will land on shelves when it lands and opt for set dates like Infinity and Dimensions?
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#133 Posted: 18:48:02 18/11/2015
I checked my first TRU, and they had nothing. They said I should come back at 11, after they unloaded the UPS truck, so that's what I'll do. If they don't have them by then, I'll go to a TRU that's pretty far away, but normal has the newest stuff out early.
---
Dead
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#134 Posted: 18:51:23 18/11/2015
Any sightings of Wave 3 on the West Coast? I'm in California.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
#135 Posted: 18:54:49 18/11/2015
Just got mine...Kennewick Wa ...just unloaded off ups truck..no chase
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:55:17 18/11/2015 by DAWNOFWAR
#136 Posted: 19:27:31 18/11/2015
Well this is a bit surprising. I knew they were having some sales issues given the competition, the overstocking and the frequent deep sales. But to release Wave 3 figures over a month prior to previous years? They must be hurting badly and are trying to capture some more attention with new stuff to deviate so far from their traditional release schedule.

I wonder when Nightfall, the regular Sky pack and the vehicles are going to fit into all of this.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#137 Posted: 19:30:04 18/11/2015
Quote: defpally
Well this is a bit surprising. I knew they were having some sales issues given the competition, the overstocking and the frequent deep sales. But to release Wave 3 figures over a month prior to previous years? They must be hurting badly and are trying to capture some more attention with new stuff to deviate so far from their traditional release schedule.

I wonder when Nightfall, the regular Sky pack and the vehicles are going to fit into all of this.

Nightfall's Swedish release date is December 6th, so I would guess she'd be releasing in the US with wave 3.5. As for the Sky Pack, probably around Christmas.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#138 Posted: 19:45:41 18/11/2015
I (Raleigh, NC) ws able to get all the figures @ TRU - no vehicles. Also they were still boxed up, had to ask about them,so if you go into TRU and don't see them TALK TO SOMEONE. I told the guy they were rumored to have gotten like 4 (actually 6) boxes marked for immediate release, he took his knife to them and I felt like a Pirate digging up gold doubloons.

I only bought two of the characters though - Splat for me, and my son wants Eruptor. I'm not buying Pop Fizz again and I've got Legendary Jet Vac already. Still no sign of Nightfall *sheds solemn tear*
- Unreall
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#139 Posted: 20:08:13 18/11/2015
So can I still expect December 13th for New Jersey?
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#140 Posted: 20:11:03 18/11/2015
Quote: Chompy-King257
So can I still expect December 13th for New Jersey?

Expect today I just got it in New York
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#141 Posted: 20:11:47 18/11/2015
I'll be heading to my TRU soon before I go to work (I live in PA) so I'm really hoping to find someone I want.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#142 Posted: 20:38:39 18/11/2015
Strangely, nothing's shown up near me yet. I'l be checking again very soon, though.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#143 Posted: 20:42:35 18/11/2015
Oh yeah! I just called my Toys R Us, and they just had a shipment Wave 3! They didn't tell me everything they got, but they said that just by taking a quick look, they can confirm they have smilie, smilie, and smilie on the shelves. They are going to hold it for me, so I'm on my way to get them now!
---
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#144 Posted: 20:44:08 18/11/2015
Quote: Chompy-King257
Oh yeah! I just called my Toys R Us, and they just had a shipment Wave 3! They didn't tell me everything they got, but they said that just by taking a quick look, they can confirm they have smilie, smilie, and smilie on the shelves. They are going to hold it for me, so I'm on my way to get them now!

Where in NJ are you? Just curious.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#145 Posted: 21:12:27 18/11/2015
December 2nd for missile toe dive clips at GameStop
#146 Posted: 21:24:25 18/11/2015
Just got LL Eruptor so I got all wave 3 characters, also called the toysrus in Algonquin IL and they said they have sheild striker, splatter Splasher, and thump truck I am a bit sketchy about this so.... (Besides all I need is Shield striker
---
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#147 Posted: 21:31:54 18/11/2015
Just got them in today: LL Eruptor, Splat & BB Pop Fizz.
Got the first two, waiting on the combo for BB PopFizz/Soda Skimmer.
No vehicles, combo packs, triple packs or regular Sky Racing pack.
Got LL Eruptor & Splat for $24+ tax @ TRU. Having a sale for SSC 2 figures, 2 vehicles or 1 of each for $24.
Got Eruptor since I already got Burn Cycle and Splat because they had less of her than Pop Fizz
Might check later on to see if they've got more
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#148 Posted: 21:36:31 18/11/2015
I got Splat. No vehicles or the sky action pack though.
#149 Posted: 22:10:55 18/11/2015
Okay, I just got back. I got Splat, Pop Fizz, and Eruptor. They had nothing else. Splat looks incredible. I have clearly underestimated her potential.

Anyway, for you US Portal Masters, I have some theories 'bout those Wave 3 Vehicles:

1. December 2nd - This is the date MTDC comes out at Gamestop, so it's possible.
  2. December 13th - I am certain something will happen on that day. It was the rumored date for a while, so I could see this being the date for the second portion of Wave 3.
  3. November 29th, 2015 - It's the date that the 3 Elites have come out, and seeing that we are finding the first part of Wave 3 when we are only half way through November, it wouldn't be surprised by this date.
---
#150 Posted: 22:13:03 18/11/2015
myskylanders.de found Wave 3.... There's still hope for me! I'm sure it will be the same as with Nightfall; I'll get hyped about them and then I won't find them and have to wait until christmas. Heck I would be furious if I don't find my Splatoon goat or the eye-burning astronaut.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 10 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me