Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Last 3 Eon's Elite release 11/29 at Toys R Us
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Last 3 Eon's Elite release 11/29 at Toys R Us [CLOSED]
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#51 Posted: 01:29:22 29/11/2015
Quote: UncleBob
I wonder if you could take the $9.99 ad from GameStop and get TRU to price match. A bit dishonest...

It's worth a shot, but a huge "your mileage may vary" depending on which person at TRU looks at the ad...it'd be employee/manager discretion to go ahead with a price match. The ad states "only at GameStop" for those figures and the save $5 portion may be a red flag as well. I'm sure some people will have success and some people will be upset having been shot down. I don't think it's dishonest if you approach somebody at TRU and simply ask "can you match this one day sale"...if an employee or manager looks at it and matches, then it's their discretion. It would be dishonest to lie at any point or it'd be quite shameful to throw a fit if they choose not to match, but I don't see anything wrong in asking. It's certainly not going to make TRU go under....at the end of the day, the fans on these forums and the collect them all collectors are padding the bank accounts of Activision and retailers alike quite well. I am willing to bet my entire Skylanders collection that the new Eon's Elite line will eventually drop to $10 or less eventually for those who can be patient.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#52 Posted: 06:54:51 29/11/2015
Well my Elite smilie and smilie came in the mail today and I just love them all over again. Not only are they super powerful, but they are actually much better than their first poses. For starters Boomer's body is much larger now and his arms are longer and thinner than his first pose. He has more expression on his face and feels better made as a whole. Ghost Roaster is made of much different plastic than before. His jaw isn't as flimsy and his head is not all that gummy and weird feeling anymore. His arms feel more sturdy and that chain is just beautiful. Thank you Toys For Bob for proving me wrong that these elites aren't just completely slightly altered versions of their old selves and actually feel improves. I hope to see more of these guys again in the near future.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#53 Posted: 07:39:06 29/11/2015
Quote: mastermc54
I wonder if you could take the $9.99 ad from GameStop and get TRU to price match. A bit dishonest...

It's worth a shot, but a huge "your mileage may vary" depending on which person at TRU looks at the ad...it'd be employee/manager discretion to go ahead with a price match. The ad states "only at GameStop" for those figures and the save $5 portion may be a red flag as well. I'm sure some people will have success and some people will be upset having been shot down. I don't think it's dishonest if you approach somebody at TRU and simply ask "can you match this one day sale"...if an employee or manager looks at it and matches, then it's their discretion. It would be dishonest to lie at any point or it'd be quite shameful to throw a fit if they choose not to match, but I don't see anything wrong in asking. It's certainly not going to make TRU go under....at the end of the day, the fans on these forums and the collect them all collectors are padding the bank accounts of Activision and retailers alike quite well. I am willing to bet my entire Skylanders collection that the new Eon's Elite line will eventually drop to $10 or less eventually for those who can be patient.

Since their sale is for an entirely different line of elites, I'd say it would be dishonest to try to price match those. That won't stop people from trying, or some stores/employees from knowing the difference >:u
---
#all Spyros are valid
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#54 Posted: 13:51:35 29/11/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster617
Well my Elite smilie and smilie came in the mail today and I just love them all over again. Not only are they super powerful, but they are actually much better than their first poses. For starters Boomer's body is much larger now and his arms are longer and thinner than his first pose. He has more expression on his face and feels better made as a whole. Ghost Roaster is made of much different plastic than before. His jaw isn't as flimsy and his head is not all that gummy and weird feeling anymore. His arms feel more sturdy and that chain is just beautiful. Thank you Toys For Bob for proving me wrong that these elites aren't just completely slightly altered versions of their old selves and actually feel improves. I hope to see more of these guys again in the near future.

I thought Boomer seemed large as well when I first saw him. But, compare him to the old one. Boomer was always big.
7Habits Blue Sparx Gems: 989
#55 Posted: 17:28:09 29/11/2015
Just bought all three at TRU. They had a sale for $20 off skylanders purchases of $40 or more. I had my slam bam receipt with me and returned him and repurchased off the receipt along with Dino Rang, then purchased Ghost Roaster and Boomer in another transaction, so saved $40 on the four of them.
---
Own: (smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie smilie smiliesmilie smilie smilie smilie smilie(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:29:48 29/11/2015 by 7Habits
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#56 Posted: 17:40:28 29/11/2015
My TRU said they had none of them...and get this (none are in the warehouse). What BS.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#57 Posted: 17:57:49 29/11/2015
Wow. Your TRU is usually on the ball, aren't tbhey?
Pacifickarma Yellow Sparx Gems: 1268
#58 Posted: 18:18:49 29/11/2015
I was able to nab the Eon's Elite versions of Ghost Roaster, Dino-Rang, and Boomer at the Toys R Us in Stockton, CA. The odd thing is, they rang up for about $8.65 each. At the bottom of the receipt it said, "Toys to Life Promo - $20.00" followed by "Skylanders Promo - $20.00." The entire transaction rang up for less than $30 after tax. I can't imagine that the promo is working correctly, so I'd recommend hurrying over to TRU before the glitch is fixed!
#59 Posted: 18:41:24 29/11/2015
Hm. My store only has Boomer... didn't get the other two. :(

Did have the W3 vehicles though. Yay.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#60 Posted: 18:54:31 29/11/2015
I got the last two I needed (Ghost Roaster and Dino-Rang), because I got Boomer early. This TRU also said they had the vehicles, but were street dated for December 1st.
---
Dead
jedihunter12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2401
#61 Posted: 19:05:40 29/11/2015
I'll be heading here on Tuesday for vehicles
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3319
#62 Posted: 19:29:07 29/11/2015
My TRU didn't get any of the new EE's. ):
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#63 Posted: 19:52:28 29/11/2015
My TRU, or any store close, didn't have them. I was able to order the 4 EEs on the website. Ghost Roaster was out-of-stock, but it came back in and I was able to get it before it went out again.
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#64 Posted: 20:16:37 29/11/2015
I ordered EE Dino Rang and EE Boomer online and got the first one for full price ($21.99) and the second one was $1.99 free shipping as well. Here is link to the sale.
http://m.toysrus.com/promo/index.jsp?promoId=84771376
#65 Posted: 20:50:31 29/11/2015

Yes, they are. I suspected something was up when I talked to a guy there earlier this week that said they had none in the back (and unlike others he seemed to appreciate and know about Skylanders). I figured they would come in later since that was last weekend.

Sucks about Ghost Roaster being OOS online, but at least he will be available at other stores soon.

Also, you bought vehicles? I heard they were register locked.
#66 Posted: 21:11:12 29/11/2015

The people who worked the area got so good they got "upgraded" into management and don't work in the area...so no one is there but n00bs. They didn't even have the vehicles out until we asked. Sigh.
#67 Posted: 21:37:43 29/11/2015
This is a great sale...you can get 2 Superchargers and a vehicle for $21 with this promo (~$7 each). This is almost on par with Skylanders Day at Gamestop next week where Superchargers will be $6.50 each, but you can throw a vehicle into the mix with this TRU $20 off promo. These huge price drops before Christmas are unprecedented...I consider figures at $7 or less for the newest game a fire sale.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#68 Posted: 21:56:31 29/11/2015
Went to my Toys R Us. They didn't have them on the shelves. I asked about it and showed them their advertisement in my local paper, which was showing the last three Elites. They had no idea what I was talking about, and none of them seemed to care. Someone told me that 4 were meant to come out today, but I said only three, but she didn't seem to believe me. However, a really nice lady who actually wanted to help me spent almost 30 minutes looking in the back, and eventually found Elite Dino Rang and Elite Ghost Roaster. She told me Elite Boomer got stuck in shipping and would be coming out later.

After that, I called my other local Toys R Us, and they had about 30 Elite Boomers, so I headed up there and grabbed one. So, long story short, I completed my Eon's Elite collection today. I can't wait to play as them. They all so cool. smilie

But seriously, what in the Heck happened to Dino-Rang's tail?! It got almost three times longer!
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#69 Posted: 22:17:28 29/11/2015
I really feel like these last three were unexpectedly rushed out. Kinda makes me worry about how abundant they might end up being in stock down the line. Heh. Imagine Boomer being impossible to get. ;)
#70 Posted: 22:42:13 29/11/2015
I really feel like these last three were unexpectedly rushed out. Kinda makes me worry about how abundant they might end up being in stock down the line. Heh. Imagine Boomer being impossible to get. smilie

They cannot un-make the ones they already made, and figures are made well in advance. If one of them sells well, it will be restocked because they are already made. Ghost Roaster is the one that appears to be less common. Boomer was never really well liked, he was a shelf warmer until Giants came out. But yes, if you want them or think you will, best to go ahead and pick them up as you can and not wait for a fire sale like last year - all are ones people will want and cannot get easily anymore. There are good deals to be had on them right now.

Overall, they all look great, I'm really happy with them.
#71 Posted: 23:42:38 29/11/2015
So, here's the deal with the $20 promos. TRU has two different promos going on. $20 off $40 Skylanders and $20 off $40 Toys to Life. You can only use each promo once per transaction (applied automatically), and you can't stack them - but, if you get $80 worth before tax, you'll get $40 off, which is a pretty sweet deal.

Managed to get Boomer and Ghost Roaster at the other TRU (extra 2 hour round trip, but between the promo and the Thai restaurant here, it was worth the drive). Didn't have them out, but the woman I spoke with knew what they were and where they were at. Why not out? Who knows.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#72 Posted: 00:02:20 30/11/2015
I noticed something pretty funny when I was there. They had a deal that was "Get ANY Skylanders character for $0.99 When you buy ANY Disney infinity Starter Pack."
---
Dead
stinkbomb29 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1697
#73 Posted: 01:01:39 30/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Our store got Boomer and Dino Rang but no Ghost Roaster
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#74 Posted: 01:58:50 30/11/2015
My TRU had Elite Dino, Elite Boomer, and Big Bubble Pop Fizz. Nothing else.
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
Pacifickarma Yellow Sparx Gems: 1268
#75 Posted: 03:35:02 30/11/2015
So, here's the deal with the $20 promos. TRU has two different promos going on. $20 off $40 Skylanders and $20 off $40 Toys to Life. You can only use each promo once per transaction (applied automatically), and you can't stack them - but, if you get $80 worth before tax, you'll get $40 off, which is a pretty sweet deal.

Not sure this is accurate, as I bought three EE figures and got the $40 off.
#76 Posted: 04:13:26 30/11/2015
Hm. That's an even more amazing deal. Looking over my first receipt, the way it was explained to me (which is what I typed out) doesn't work either. I got all three Wave 3 Vehicles and one of the Eon's Elite figures and paid about $35.

Hm.
#77 Posted: 13:27:56 30/11/2015
Quote: Skylandscaper

Between reported in store stock and online, methinks GR is short changed again on the production count.
#78 Posted: 13:35:42 30/11/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Quote: Skylandscaper

Between reported in store stock and online, methinks GR is short changed again on the production count.

Given that it came out right after Black Friday, there is a good chance they simply put it on the back-burner for shipping. Those that got sent out in time made it, those that didn't, well didn't.
#79 Posted: 16:28:51 30/11/2015
Quote: Pacifickarma

Not sure this is accurate, as I bought three EE figures and got the $40 off.

Hm. That's an even more amazing deal. Looking over my first receipt, the way it was explained to me (which is what I typed out) doesn't work either. I got all three Wave 3 Vehicles and one of the Eon's Elite figures and paid about $35.

Hm.

Now I'm curious at to what promos are stacking in stores and what the spend cutoff is. It can't possibly be $40 off $40, but if there is a $40 off 3 Eon's Elite figures, one would speculate $40 is deducting off $60ish. In store promos have always been quite generous in stacking as opposed to online promos.
DobermanOwner Yellow Sparx Gems: 1013
#80 Posted: 17:37:31 30/11/2015
I've been way behind on my collecting for SC... But I saw this post and wondered into my TRU to check out the sale. I saw they were still doing the spend $40 get $20 off, so I decided to get all 6 EE figures since I was waiting for them to be cheaper. For some reason, when all 6 rang up together in the same transaction, they were $15.99 each. So I asked the cashier to try only 2 per transaction and they rang up as $11.99 that way. I had to do 3 separate transactions to get the correct sale price because the manager was not willing to change the price when all 6 were together. Long story short, I got all 6 for a total of $78.51.

I'm now holding off on getting any more SC figures/vehicles until GameStop does their BOGO free sale on the 5th.

Does anyone know when the remaining 2 EEs are coming out? I still need a fire and air EE. Which two were chosen for this?
---
Collection total: 317/364 figures, 28/31 vehicles, 51/66 traps, 34/35 magic items & bonus levels (not counting Skymiibos)
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#81 Posted: 18:06:10 30/11/2015
Quote: DobermanOwner
I've been way behind on my collecting for SC... But I saw this post and wondered into my TRU to check out the sale. I saw they were still doing the spend $40 get $20 off, so I decided to get all 6 EE figures since I was waiting for them to be cheaper. For some reason, when all 6 rang up together in the same transaction, they were $15.99 each. So I asked the cashier to try only 2 per transaction and they rang up as $11.99 that way. I had to do 3 separate transactions to get the correct sale price because the manager was not willing to change the price when all 6 were together. Long story short, I got all 6 for a total of $78.51.

I'm now holding off on getting any more SC figures/vehicles until GameStop does their BOGO free sale on the 5th.

Does anyone know when the remaining 2 EEs are coming out? I still need a fire and air EE. Which two were chosen for this?

Funny enough, there wasn't an Elite for either Fire or Air this year. It is very bizarre.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#82 Posted: 18:14:16 30/11/2015

Quote: Chompy-King257

Funny enough, there wasn't an Elite for either Fire or Air this year. It is very bizarre.

Ya for some reason they are only doing 6 of them. 4 of them are hard to find older ones (thou some may say ssa dinorang and voodood can be found still) Slam Bam has always been a fav and zook i guess too.

I would have liked Sunburn to be the fire and lighting rod to be the air. Id be fine also with warnado and flameslinger smilie
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:16:58 01/12/2015 by SlayerX11
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me