Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > The All-Purpose Skylanders Recommendation Topic
Page 1 of 1
The All-Purpose Skylanders Recommendation Topic [CLOSED]
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 02:51:10 10/11/2015 | Topic Creator
we have one for generic video games...

So... use this topic to recommend/be recommended

Figures
Vehicles
Games
Others Stuff relating to skylanders!

I'll start with a question-

Out of these characters and vehicles, which ones are the best?

Nightfall
Hurricane Jet Vac

Shark Tank
Stealth Stinger
Crypt Crusher
Shield Striker
Thump Truck
Splatter Splasher

- - -

(i hope this gets sticked)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:00:38 10/12/2015 by ZapNorris
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#2 Posted: 04:28:00 10/11/2015
Out of the ones you mentioned...

●Hammer Slam Bowser + Clown Cruiser = An awesome combination if you like Sky areas/races, powerful characters and Vehicles, or you just have a lot of nostalgia for the Mario franchise. The Clown Cruiser has one attack in the console version where it fires a Banzai Bill, and the longer you charge it, the bigger the Bill and the more devastating the assault. Plus, the racing in the Wii and 3DS versions is superb.

●Shark Tank = This has one major advantage over other Land Vehicles in that it can dive underground and avoid attacks from enemies and other racers.

●Legendary Sun Runner = Not only can it scan opponents and reveal their remaining HP while also dealing a small amount of damage, but if you press and hold the primary attack button, it will fire a continuous - and very powerful - laser beam which locks onto the nearest opponent. It makes Sky Boss Pursuits such as smilie a breeze!

Hope this helps! smilie
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:28:43 10/11/2015 by GamerZack7
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#3 Posted: 06:12:39 10/11/2015
Quote: GamerZack7
Out of the ones you mentioned...

●Hammer Slam Bowser + Clown Cruiser = An awesome combination if you like Sky areas/races, powerful characters and Vehicles, or you just have a lot of nostalgia for the Mario franchise. The Clown Cruiser has one attack in the console version where it fires a Banzai Bill, and the longer you charge it, the bigger the Bill and the more devastating the assault. Plus, the racing in the Wii and 3DS versions is superb.

●Shark Tank = This has one major advantage over other Land Vehicles in that it can dive underground and avoid attacks from enemies and other racers.

●Legendary Sun Runner = Not only can it scan opponents and reveal their remaining HP while also dealing a small amount of damage, but if you press and hold the primary attack button, it will fire a continuous - and very powerful - laser beam which locks onto the nearest opponent. It makes Sky Boss Pursuits such as smilie a breeze!

Hope this helps! smilie

Sun Runner can scan an opponents health? Awesome, just like smilie! I highly recommend Stealth Stinger, as it is not only able to hide itself and heal its shield, but it also has a super fast fire-rate.
#4 Posted: 03:41:22 11/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Drawdler
This topic is a good idea

I'd say out of those the best are SSStealth, Bowser and Sun Runner, but I'm not really interested enough to write about them.

Just going to pass by and recommend Dune Bug because he's really underrated. His moves have plenty of interesting properties and the very concept of the rolling orb is unique. People underestimate his power. The wing dust can cause a lot of damage and the orbs are godly for late Survival stages (they also have the ability to pick up armoured or spinning enemies to make them vulnerable and for the levels with the giant chompies, it can make those chompies glitch out and get frozen in place, which is a lifesaver when dealing with the giant Boomblossoms). Besides, they're just useful for more breathing space in general. His staff shots aren't the strongest, but they're not weak like people say and combined with his strafing, let him play keep-away when needed. That compliments his other moves nicely (the dust is powerful but you need to get close for it to work, plus the staff shots are the primary method to chip away at Geargolems, since you can't carry them with orbs and going in for dust damage can be risky).

i have a paint error dune bug, so maybe he'll get some love.
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#5 Posted: 03:53:18 11/11/2015
>people need people's help to get bowser

ITS BOWSER!
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#6 Posted: 00:59:40 19/11/2015 | Topic Creator
got LAB and LSR. great figure/vehicle!!
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#7 Posted: 21:29:09 01/12/2015
I'm super conflicted on getting Dive-Clops and mayyybe Dive Bomber. Is he a good one?
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#8 Posted: 02:06:48 02/12/2015
Maybe y'all can help me out on this one. I haven't played any Skylanders since Spyro's Adventure (outside of about five minutes of Giants). The gameplay was alright but not entirely engaging for me, and I loathe Eon constantly telling me I need to use (read: buy) another Skylander every five minutes. But Splat having come out has made me reconsider and I do still have a bunch of figures I liked from all of the previous games to play with. But I'm on the fence. I don't know if it's actually worth spending $50 - $80 on Superchargers (not counting the extra $$ for the few figures I'd like to get). Has the series changed much in terms of play from the first couple of games? Can one follow the story without needing to have played the other games (are there references/jokes to the older games I'd miss without playing them)? Is Cali still around? Can I freaking murder Flynn yet (I know that's a "no" but a person can dream :D)? Is it fun to play for someone who is a general platformer/puzzle game fan?

Thanks for any help, folks!
Gentleman Brawl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1050
#9 Posted: 19:50:31 09/12/2015
Krypt King, one of the most satisfying Trap Masters to play with.
---
Fancy Skylanders are stronger in this zone.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#10 Posted: 20:13:17 09/12/2015
After fully upgrading Voodood, I have to say that it's a pretty good Skylander to play. I totally recommend, now that you have the Elite version...
---
Bruh
Barrysun Gold Sparx Gems: 2106
#11 Posted: 23:29:33 09/12/2015
for me, I usually use Chill, classic Stealth elf. (her new Super charger form wasn't easy to get used to) and Roller brawl. (one of these days, I'm going to check out her Super charger form to see how she plays)
Energon Red Sparx Gems: 32
#12 Posted: 21:15:31 10/12/2015
So I haven't played Skylanders since SWAP Force, and I just ordered the WiiU starter Pack and Fiesta. I was wondering if there are any great characters from Trap Team and Superchargers I should look into. I want to get Land, Sky and Sea Racing Packs, Nightfall and her vehicle, Easter Thrillipede and his vehicle, Knight Mare, and Knight Light. Any hidden gems of characters I should grab? Thanks!
---
SuperChargers: smilie smilie smilie
#13 Posted: 22:01:48 10/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Energon
So I haven't played Skylanders since SWAP Force, and I just ordered the WiiU starter Pack and Fiesta. I was wondering if there are any great characters from Trap Team and Superchargers I should look into. I want to get Land, Sky and Sea Racing Packs, Nightfall and her vehicle, Easter Thrillipede and his vehicle, Knight Mare, and Knight Light. Any hidden gems of characters I should grab? Thanks!

Echo. She is VERY OP.
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#14 Posted: 05:29:29 11/12/2015
Quote: Energon

Cobra Cadabra. And if you can find them Spotlight and Blackout.
---
Hahahahaha
Energon Red Sparx Gems: 32
#15 Posted: 13:23:41 12/12/2015
Who is the best eons elite from trap team? I have all of their original counterparts but I was wondering if they added anything to the game.
---
SuperChargers: smilie smilie smilie
QuakeMarine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1211
#16 Posted: 22:09:38 15/12/2015
I was thinking of asking for a sea vehicle before Christmas, but I'm torn between the Sea Shadow and Splatter Splasher. They both look very nice, but I don't know which one has better attacks.
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#17 Posted: 02:31:00 16/12/2015
imo sea shadow is better at offense than splatter splasher
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me