Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Spitfire:When will it be used at Gamestop and have his price lowered online
Page 1 of 1
Spitfire:When will it be used at Gamestop and have his price lowered online [CLOSED]
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#1 Posted: 02:01:55 09/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Grr. I want him to get to a reasonable price. One way or another.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Couragefan09 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3392
#2 Posted: 07:05:52 09/11/2015
Weren't they planning on releasing Spitfire as a single character at some point? If they're doing that for Stealth Elf then it seems likely they'd do the same for him too. I'm on the same bus as you, I'm waiting to get him for a reason price.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#3 Posted: 14:49:17 09/11/2015
Quote: Couragefan09
Weren't they planning on releasing Spitfire as a single character at some point? If they're doing that for Stealth Elf then it seems likely they'd do the same for him too. I'm on the same bus as you, I'm waiting to get him for a reason price.

I'm sure there's plenty loose on eBay as people have to spend hundreds to get all of the Nintendo variants.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#4 Posted: 16:30:22 09/11/2015
If you can wait until next year, it will be much easier to find used after kids get bored with Christmas gifts and trade them in. That's when most kids and casual players get the game. Spitfire used will be common as dirt next Spring, and the Dark non-Amiibo ones will probably be as well.
Couragefan09 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3392
#5 Posted: 17:27:16 09/11/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Quote: Couragefan09

I'm sure there's plenty loose on eBay as people have to spend hundreds to get all of the Nintendo variants.

Dark Spitfire can currently be obtained for 15 dollars, sometimes even less on Ebay, but right now Spitfire can't be gotten loose for under 25 dollars. It's pretty much a waiting game for him to go down in price, either a single pack will be released at some point or the loose figures will go down in price.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#6 Posted: 21:58:05 09/11/2015
Quote: defpally
If you can wait until next year, it will be much easier to find used after kids get bored with Christmas gifts and trade them in. That's when most kids and casual players get the game. Spitfire used will be common as dirt next Spring, and the Dark non-Amiibo ones will probably be as well.

This is the truth! Come Spring/Easter time the lack of interest will be great and all the wave one stuff will be very affordable on ebay. Of course you should buy the Easter releases as the chances for that stuff to be overpriced by the next game will be greater. Look at Scratch and Dark/Light cores for example. Wave one stuff is next to worthless for TT and SF.
---
Stay Cool!
DGAFPolar Green Sparx Gems: 174
#7 Posted: 03:01:08 13/11/2015
i sold all my superchargers stuff and got more for it (figures and cars) than what they cost online to buy new lol. My store has had about a dozen or so people sell their collections in the past 3 weeks. We actually have over 200 skylanders on tradehold. A lot of rare ones and variants too. I do believe skylanders is on its way out. I liked the game, but the whole toys to life and the cost are getting old. We also get a TON of infinity stuff as well, all 3 versions. I would expect Gamestop to stop taking figures soon as we are getting way too many in and not selling any. We're about to have another buy 2 get 3 free sale for all those who wanna stock up.
---
Not everyone can be an Eon Elite lol
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#8 Posted: 06:15:04 13/11/2015
Quote: DGAFPolar
i sold all my superchargers stuff and got more for it (figures and cars) than what they cost online to buy new lol. My store has had about a dozen or so people sell their collections in the past 3 weeks. We actually have over 200 skylanders on tradehold. A lot of rare ones and variants too. I do believe skylanders is on its way out. I liked the game, but the whole toys to life and the cost are getting old. We also get a TON of infinity stuff as well, all 3 versions. I would expect Gamestop to stop taking figures soon as we are getting way too many in and not selling any. We're about to have another buy 2 get 3 free sale for all those who wanna stock up.

How'd you make money on selling Superchargers stuff? I find it hard to believe you got more for it by taking them into Gamestop than what you initially spent on it buying new. GameStop give you peanuts for used figures. How about you provide some trade-in amounts and examples?
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#9 Posted: 15:20:24 13/11/2015 | Topic Creator
^Who said they sold to Gamestop?
---
^This might be sarcasm.
DGAFPolar Green Sparx Gems: 174
#10 Posted: 23:40:21 17/11/2015
i did, im an employee so i get a total of 25% extra. i bought almost all of my stuff online or during sales and never paid over 10 for any figure, usually less. I got my supercharges during sales and with the 25% bonus i either broke even or barely lost money. My infinity stuff i got for even cheaper through out the past couple of years, once again never paying more than 10 bucks per character, once again, usually less. Plus i bought a lot of figures during their buy 2 get 3 free, meaning i paid about 2 dollars a character, traded them in for 3-7 bucks each later on plus 25% extra, not to mention the point on the pro card which basically adds another 5%, with the st. judes promo i donated a dollar and got 3X the points basically making it an extra 15% but its in points
---
Not everyone can be an Eon Elite lol
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me