darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Any standard Hot Streak unlocks the iOS game! Yay!
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Any standard Hot Streak unlocks the iOS game! Yay!
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#1 Posted: 01:37:21 09/11/2015 | Topic Creator
HUGE disappointment here. I was able to even use Hurricane Jet-Vac, who I just bought, on the "demo" version, yet I NEED to have Spitfire to "unlock the whole game". Please tell me this works with Dark Spitfire. I am SO NOT going to spend $25 on something that I technically already have in-game...

Just kinda pissed right now...sorry.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:41:43 27/11/2015 by The Bone Chompy
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#2 Posted: 01:48:05 09/11/2015
Wait... the demo version of the free game and you're mad because you can't play the entire game for free? Or am I confused?
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#3 Posted: 01:52:46 09/11/2015
I had fun playing with Dark Spitfire and his Dark Hot Streak while playing on my Wii U game. But it's time for me to move onto with the other SuperChargers and their different Vehicles.
#4 Posted: 01:55:25 09/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: UncleBob
Wait... the demo version of the free game and you're mad because you can't play the entire game for free? Or am I confused?

I was saying that it kinda sucks that you must scan Spitfire into the game with the portal. I have the portal, so it's not exactly free for me, but I was mad because I scanned a legit, new skylander supercharger (Jet-Vac) into the game, but still doesn't let me play. Sorry if this is also vague, I just think that you should be able to play after scanning in any Supercharger and not JUST Spitfire.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#5 Posted: 02:04:14 09/11/2015
So, who will NOT have Spitfire when playing the game? Are you contending that since the game is a download they'll have to buy ANOTHER starter?

I'm of the opinion that most people who buy the iOS is doing so in addition to another starter, but I can see the aggravation here. They should do something like "scan in 3 superchargers" or something like that and allow you to continue playing past level 3 or so.

I guess that's why Spitfire is getting it's own single this year, along with Stealth Elf.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:04:51 09/11/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#6 Posted: 02:07:37 09/11/2015
Or even better, they should let you play with any Skylander as long as a vehicle is on the Portal (or was scanned before).

Not a good choice, in my opinion.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:08:03 09/11/2015 by Drek95
#7 Posted: 02:39:48 09/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: TakeYourLemons
So, who will NOT have Spitfire when playing the game? Are you contending that since the game is a download they'll have to buy ANOTHER starter?

I'm of the opinion that most people who buy the iOS is doing so in addition to another starter, but I can see the aggravation here. They should do something like "scan in 3 superchargers" or something like that and allow you to continue playing past level 3 or so.

I guess that's why Spitfire is getting it's own single this year, along with Stealth Elf.

He is? Link or something please.

And if truly so, PROBLEMS SOLVED! smilie
---
^This might be sarcasm.
High_Volt23 Green Sparx Gems: 204
#8 Posted: 03:22:12 09/11/2015
If u have the trap team tablet portal from last year that works, but when it says scan spitfire to unlock whole game I would scan it but nothing would happen. All my wave 1 and 2 superchargers and vehicles work but won't let me move on in game for free. I am hoping that this is a bug because I bought the x box 360,Wii, and wii u starter packs already. I'm not going to pay $50 to buy the full game on my tablet.
---
smilie PROTECT AND SURGE!!!smilie
Advisor_Orville Yellow Sparx Gems: 1083
#9 Posted: 04:47:58 09/11/2015
The Hot Streak vehicle from the iOS starter pack is required to unlock the full game. Hot Streak from other starter packs will not work.
temperedreason Yellow Sparx Gems: 1351
#10 Posted: 05:04:58 09/11/2015
Seriously? There's a difference between the iOS and non iOS versions of hot streak? Ugh
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#11 Posted: 06:09:44 09/11/2015
I don't get it .
When does it stop you from playing with the instant skylanders ?

Also if it stops you from playing after a certain point because you didn't buy the iOS starter pack , that makes sense .

Otherwise everyone could just play the iOS version for free by borrowing a friends skylander.

Its no different to including a access product code in the box like they did with pc games.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:14:55 09/11/2015 by B-BOB358
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#12 Posted: 13:15:42 09/11/2015
LOL, we should start an IOS Hotstreak Exchnge. JK, Jk, I'm sure that violates something in some legal document.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#13 Posted: 13:47:17 09/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Ok, let'a get this straight. He game says that I must scan in Spitfire to unlock the full game, yet some people here say that it's Hot Streak. And apparently the iOS starter pack has a different Spitfire/Hot Streak that unlocks the game?
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#14 Posted: 14:11:44 09/11/2015
Just to be clear.

There is no specific confirmation Spitfire will be released as single, as of now.
But many other infos, such as Hot Streak and Super Shot Stealth Elf both getting singles and the fact Guha Bala confirmed all the characters and vehicles will eventually be released in Single Packs kinda implies that.

However considering the multiple bad distribution and marketing decision part of SuperChargers' release I wouldn't immediately take it for granted.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:12:17 09/11/2015 by Drek95
#15 Posted: 14:22:26 09/11/2015
Quote: Drek95
Just to be clear.

There is no specific confirmation Spitfire will be released as single, as of now.
But many other infos, such as Hot Streak and Super Shot Stealth Elf both getting singles and the fact Guha Bala confirmed all the characters and vehicles will eventually be released in Single Packs kinda implies that.

However considering the multiple bad distribution and marketing decision part of SuperChargers' release I wouldn't immediately take it for granted.

One would assume if the company says it then it is confirmation. I think everyone here knows we can trust Activision as far as we can throw them especially with the Yawn trap situation still fresh on the mind of many portal masters.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#16 Posted: 15:26:52 09/11/2015
Quote: The Bone Chompy
Ok, let'a get this straight. He game says that I must scan in Spitfire to unlock the full game, yet some people here say that it's Hot Streak. And apparently the iOS starter pack has a different Spitfire/Hot Streak that unlocks the game?

That person is Advisor_Orville, who is from Activision. He would know more than anybody.
#17 Posted: 16:16:24 09/11/2015
Quote: Advisor_Orville
The Hot Streak vehicle from the iOS starter pack is required to unlock the full game. Hot Streak from other starter packs will not work.

Wait, wait, wait... hold the phone here... The Hot Streak in the iOS bundles is different from other Hot Streaks? Is there anything different about the physical vehicle itself? I didn't notice anything when looking.

So, in theory, if someone has a large collection and has a few loose Hot Streaks - is there some way for them to know which one is the key to unlocking the iOS version?
#18 Posted: 18:04:03 09/11/2015

Wait, wait, wait... hold the phone here... The Hot Streak in the iOS bundles is different from other Hot Streaks? Is there anything different about the physical vehicle itself? I didn't notice anything when looking.

So, in theory, if someone has a large collection and has a few loose Hot Streaks - is there some way for them to know which one is the key to unlocking the iOS version?

They must have different rfid character ids. Someone should probably confirm. That's a bit evil.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#19 Posted: 18:14:24 09/11/2015
There should be a way to pay for the full game in the app.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#20 Posted: 18:16:24 09/11/2015

They must have different rfid character ids. Someone should probably confirm. That's a bit evil.

"A bit"?

Not only is a specific figure (not a specific type of figure) required to simply play the full game but it also has to be a very specific "variant" of that figure.
And it's not even a character!

And I thought constantly having a vehicle on the Portal to play would have been the dumbest and unrespectful decision possible...
Are Skylanders even the focus of the series anymore...?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#21 Posted: 18:32:03 09/11/2015
The use of "a bit" was trying to be even handed. I agree on all of your points. To me, it seems very arbitrary...and they keep changing the rules on us as portal masters game to game. Keep it consistent, or don't bother I say...

Still, let's learn a bit more and get confirmation on how all of this works before we get the pitchforks and torches out.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:32:32 09/11/2015 by TakeYourLemons
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#22 Posted: 18:34:29 09/11/2015
If anyone has the IOS version of Spitfire and the console version of the game, could they please try putting IOS Spitfire on the console version of the game, and see if he registers differently.
---
Dead
#23 Posted: 18:37:11 09/11/2015
Quote: mega spyro
If anyone has the IOS version of Spitfire and the console version of the game, could they please try putting IOS Spitfire on the console version of the game, and see if he registers differently.

They may have coded it to ignore that rfid or merge it. Proof will be if someone uses the skylanders editor and looks at the actual rfid code.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#24 Posted: 18:40:31 09/11/2015
The use of "a bit" was trying to be even handed. I agree on all of your points. To me, it seems very arbitrary...and they keep changing the rules on us as portal masters game to game. Keep it consistent, or don't bother I say...

Still, let's learn a bit more and get confirmation on how all of this works before we get the pitchforks and torches out.

Here it is from the other thread, Lemons, Orville only posted part of it here.

Hi guys. Quick update on how things work:
- Hot Streak from the iOS Starter Pack is required to unlock the full game (other Hot Streak variants will not work)
- Using Super Shot Stealth Elf, Stealth Stinger, Dive-Clops, or Dive Bomber on the portal will unlock the Instant version of this character or vehicle
- All other characters are available in digital form for in-app purchase from the Portal Master->Collection menu
- Trophies used on the portal will unlock the Skylanders Academy so you can access racing (but will not unlock the full game)

Sooo, not only you NEED to buy a starter pack for iOS instead of simply downloading and starting right away,or getting it loose from other packs, if you don't have acess to it you can't even try unlocking with other stuff as it'll only give you tiny pieces of the game. Come the heck on, this isn't a F2P MMO, it's a 60 dollar game that everyone else gets full no matter what. Guess we were complaining with full stomach about the Amiibolanders, iOS users have to deal with this.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:41:12 09/11/2015 by Bifrost
#25 Posted: 18:57:46 09/11/2015
I don't think it's evil at all - in order to get the full version of the game, you have to buy the starter pack. It's not unreasonable at all. Just because I bought the Wii U version of the Superchargers starter, it doesn't mean I can plug in an old portal on my 360, throw one of the starters on it and get the entire 360 version for free.

You want the iOS version, you buy the iOS version. It makes sense.

*However*, tying the unlock key to a specific figure in the starter... that's a really weird decision. Not evil - just weird. Seems like it'd be easier tomake more sense to include an unlock code in the bundle.
#26 Posted: 19:00:01 09/11/2015
If you have to get the starter pack, then why offer the digital version separate in the first place?Might as well put a code in there to unlock the full game from the get go. Portal Owners in Giants and the Digital Owners version now are about being able to use any combination of figures and portals(at the time avaliable of course) without having to worry about the starter set. This doesn't make any sense at all.
---
#27 Posted: 19:58:08 09/11/2015
The iOS download is a demo. You unlock the full version for buying the bundle. That makes sense to me?
#28 Posted: 19:59:49 09/11/2015
The app is letting you trial the game without buying the iOS starter pack . Then to get the full version you have to buy the starter pack. What's wrong with that ?
---
#29 Posted: 20:00:46 09/11/2015
Oh, thought you could buy it digitally first right away.
---
#30 Posted: 20:11:17 09/11/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Oh, thought you could buy it digitally first right away.

Yeah, that would be a horrible plan - but someone who has downloaded would have to double check - I don't *think* you can buy the full version at all from the app store - the only way to buy it is via unlocking with the starter. Which makes sense. It's just the method they chose is... odd.
#31 Posted: 20:33:35 09/11/2015
You don't need to buy the physical starter pack. After you beat level one, you get the option to ..

1) scan in hot streak to unlock the game ( they really do need a note saying that you need the iOS hot streak )
2) pay $5 to get access to the academy , racing and supercharger challenges etc
3) pay $60 to unlock the full game

( Australian prices )

I don't see anything wrong with it.

this topic is kinda silly.
---
#32 Posted: 20:40:39 09/11/2015
If you need the iOS Hot Streak and it's no different than a regular one(someone needs to test if it's Special marked),you can't guarantee you'll get it without buying the physical starter pack.
---
#33 Posted: 20:43:51 09/11/2015
Quote: Bifrost
If you need the iOS Hot Streak and it's no different than a regular one(someone needs to test if it's Special marked),you can't guarantee you'll get it without buying the physical starter pack.

Get what without buying the physical starter pack ?
---
#34 Posted: 20:50:20 09/11/2015

- Hot Streak from the iOS Starter Pack is required to unlock the full game (other Hot Streak variants will not work)

If the topic is so silly,at least read though it first,B-BOB358.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:50:41 09/11/2015 by Bifrost
#35 Posted: 21:12:24 09/11/2015
I don't think it's evil at all - in order to get the full version of the game, you have to buy the starter pack. It's not unreasonable at all. Just because I bought the Wii U version of the Superchargers starter, it doesn't mean I can plug in an old portal on my 360, throw one of the starters on it and get the entire 360 version for free.

*However*, tying the unlock key to a specific figure in the starter... that's a really weird decision. Not evil - just weird. Seems like it'd be easier tomake more sense to include an unlock code in the bundle.

They didn't do this last year. Buyers are feeling like they are getting "jerked around" on the requirements...so with that tone....Activision should come up with a way and stick with it. I'm not even going into the fact that they dropped mobile platforms.

Agreed UnclleBob, it is weird. The entire point last year was you could just download it and go...now tying it back to the box? They must need to prove inventory sales counts this year or something, methinks.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:13:21 09/11/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#36 Posted: 21:20:38 09/11/2015
Last year, were't you required to link the Portal to the device to unlock the full version?
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#37 Posted: 22:39:25 09/11/2015
I'm wondering if the folks at Activision didn't hear us all wondering if the old portal would just unlock the new game for free and postponed the launch a bit so that they could work out the custom-Hot-Streak unlock that this new edition features. I understand that they definitely needed to lock the game up (and I'm glad that they did), but I'm confused as to why they seemingly arbitrarily released a custom version of a toy that's already out in multiple other sets and is apparently visually identical to those which will not unlock the game as anticipated.

I can see them not tying it to the portal so as to allow parents to only take along a single large accessory to allow players access to two separate games. However, a lot of how this was handled strikes me as questionable.

It's great that the iOS-specific Hot Streak isn't a new variant (in-game, chase, etc.), but as was mentioned several times above, it's going to make it a nightmare to keep track of which one is the "key" and which others can safely be traded away, sold, given to infants/toddlers/doom, etc. Additionally, this may (and likely will) cause issues for people who thought that they gave away/sold/destroyed/whatever a standard Hot Streak, but instead separated themselves from the special unlocker version. For those poor folks, it's apparently back to the store to buy a whole new starter so as to be able to unlock full content. With that being the case, we're also presented with another possibility: Activision may refuse to replace any defective versions of this Hot Streak, or, players who already own one Hot Streak and an old tablet portal may just be able to get the game free anyway by lying about which Hot Streak they need replaced via the DOA figure process.

And how about the digital figures? I think it's fantastic that there are more "instant" characters than just Spitfire and Hot Streak. Since completely digital versions of characters have been available for the 3DS version for several iterations of the game at this point (once you buy the figure and import it via portal), it only makes sense that this would be implemented in the newcomer to the mobile arena. However, you can only unlock a tiny handful of the overall digital characters via placing them on the portal? Past that small number of figures, I have to re-buy any others that I want the freedom of leaving at home but still being able to play with? I can see this as a way to keep kids and unscrupulous adults from just pooling their figures and unlocking every character on everyone's device. However, we used to get individual game codes/serial numbers for our figures that would allow us to unlock the digital versions for free. Not coincidentally, I think, this information used to be put onto cards or stickers which we no longer get. As far as I've been able to tell, you can't even find any character's "web" codes in SuperChargers, unlike in Trap Team and Swap Force.

All in all, I'm glad I decided against picking this version up as it launched. I'll be happy to grab a copy (or two) if/when Amazon puts them on deep discount (as I did to pick up a second copy of Trap Team's tablet edition), but not before. A lot of folks have said for some time that everything with SuperChargers has smacked of total cash grab sentimentality. I've tried to look at everything from a neutral perspective, give Activision the benefit of the doubt. But this time I honestly can't come up with any explanations on the confusing and unpopular decisions made with the iOS version that don't ultimately come down to "pay us for the starter, the toys, then keep pulling stuff out of your pockets until you hit lint." smilie

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
skygrin Blue Sparx Gems: 852
#38 Posted: 00:35:52 10/11/2015
Can you buy wave 3 characters?
---
smilie gottee
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#39 Posted: 03:34:14 10/11/2015
They likely did it because they want the old portal to work with the game too, but last time they made the portal unlock the game and they don't want people getting the new game for free by simply using their old portal. They chose an item that only iOS Starter Pack owners would have - a Hot Streak that is identical except a small flag that tells it "this is Hot Streak from the Starter Pack". I highly doubt it appears as unique on the console version.

They wanted people to be able to download the game though and try it, and then you buy the starter and have it. They don't have to have a Demo version and Full version this way, get the Demo, like it, buy the Starter and use Hot Streak and the Demo becomes the Full Version.
#40 Posted: 03:57:58 10/11/2015
Yeah, I don't find it to be a big deal or anything majorly different from last year - download the demo and get the full version by linking something from the Starter Pack to the device (last year, portal; this year, Hot Streak)... it just seems like a weird decision - forcing folks to keep track of which Hot Streak is the key for the iOS vs. which one isn't. A one-time-use unlock code would seem to work better, preventing folks from sharing one iOS Hot Streak, selling it used, and preventing chip copies from MaxLander and the like from unlocking the entire game.

This isn't some kind of horrible, evil decision... just an oddly confusing one.

I do wonder, though - if you buy Superchargers iOS, can you link the portal and access all of TrapTeam for free? Two-games-in-one?
#41 Posted: 05:43:20 10/11/2015
It's weird. I'll get over it. However, consumers are going to not understand this, get frustrated...I can imagine how Activision is going to handle returns of this defective figure. Heck, I asked for a replacement XBO portal and got Kaboom...get what I mean?

No perfect answer...apparently they felt compelled to change it up. They're making it difficult for people to adopt this as anything but an also ran...and I know they would LOVE to sell millions of these things (ie Candy Crush etc) with just minimal work.
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#42 Posted: 06:06:05 10/11/2015
Frankly not many people will pay 60$+ for an iOS game. If you look at another toys to life franchise (Disney infinity) they offer there iOS, android, and PC versions free, you then can unlock the full version by entering ether a starter pack code (from any system, wii U ps3 ps4 xbox 360 xbox one) or the code from any play set (playsets are only $35). Frankly Activision needs to up there game if they want to make people play the iOS version. So expecting to be able to play it "free" after buying a $65 mobile starter last year and a $75 starter this year, it would hardly be free. Also the game only says to put on a hot streak to unlock it, nowhere in the game does it say it has the be the one from the iOS starter.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:07:31 10/11/2015 by darkrai848
#43 Posted: 06:14:20 10/11/2015
Is the tablet version of Infinity the full console game like Skylanders is? If so, that's really neat. If not, it's not really a fair comparison.

Frankly, I'm surprised they bothered to make a tablet version at all this year. From my limited understanding, last year's tablet version didn't exactly break any sales records and I'm pretty sure the Battllegrounds starter was a flop (which, considering the hardcore fans had to buy it twice to get everything...). I didn't much expect there to be a tablet version at all this year. My guess is they had a pretty easy way to scale it to iOS (that didn't work the same for Android), so they were able to do it with bare minimal cost for development (and, perhaps, repack and unload some TT Bluetooth portals)... but that's just guesswork.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#44 Posted: 12:27:10 10/11/2015
Is the tablet version of Infinity the full console game like Skylanders is? If so, that's really neat. If not, it's not really a fair comparison.

The Smartphone/Tablet version of Infinity is just the Toy Box mode. So, it's just half of the game. You can't play the Play Sets.
---
Bruh
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#45 Posted: 13:50:55 10/11/2015

This is just my $0.02 but, when you buy 1 starter pack, you should get a 1 time use download code for the mobil version. The saves should also be synced. I can't justify spending more money for the same thing, especially when it will cause you to start over. I have both versions of Trap Team, I got e mobil version then the console version. I think I only played the first 3 levels on console, but got at least 50% completion on the tablet. If I could have synced my save file, I probably would have played the console more.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#46 Posted: 14:05:19 10/11/2015
You're asking too much from different companies entirely. Save syncs between mobile and console would make it rain for Acti but Apple, MS, Sony and Nintendo wouldn't ever waste the time; not to mention shooting themselves on the foot since then version exclusive content would not happen.
---
#47 Posted: 14:36:14 10/11/2015
Quote: darkrai848
Frankly not many people will pay 60$+ for an iOS game. If you look at another toys to life franchise (Disney infinity) they offer there iOS, android, and PC versions free, you then can unlock the full version by entering ether a starter pack code (from any system, wii U ps3 ps4 xbox 360 xbox one) or the code from any play set (playsets are only $35). Frankly Activision needs to up there game if they want to make people play the iOS version. So expecting to be able to play it "free" after buying a $65 mobile starter last year and a $75 starter this year, it would hardly be free. Also the game only says to put on a hot streak to unlock it, nowhere in the game does it say it has the be the one from the iOS starter.

Is the mobile game from Disney the exact same game or is it something inferior they are offering? Hate to say it, but Activison's ability to port a full game to a mobile platform is nothing short of remarkable. What you're suggesting is that they deliver another inferior game experience and give it away. There is value in what they are offering, they simply need to make it EASY for people to adopt.

I'm of the opinion that they don't offer physical starters for mobile games, make it easy to download, and simply charge a per level fee with a steep discount for the entire game. Nothing to do with figures.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 14:38:52 10/11/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#48 Posted: 14:46:55 10/11/2015
Cloud-based, cross-platform saves is something Activision could *easily* implement without the involvement of Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo/Apple. The game writes a unique save file format, pushes it to Activision's servers, then pulls from them when you log in via another system.

The thing is, it's simply not worth the effort. The amount of people willing to purchase the exact same game in order to play on multiple systems... it's low. The iOS version of Superchargers isn't meant to complement the console versions - it's designed to be a replacement... the vast, vast majority of folks will buy one or the other - not both (at least, not until the second one drops dirt cheap in price, at which point, you're not doing Activision many favors in buying it...)

For four years, we received a totally unique (and better, in some opinions) version of the yearly installment on the 3DS - and that's because folks were expected to purchase both (that's why the 3DS version had exclusive figures). The introduction of the tablet SKU last year wasn't designed to get folks who were already buying the game to buy a second copy - it was designed to open the game up to a wider audience and bring more people into the fold.

This is why cross-saves never really picked up on the PSP/PS3, even though they fully supported it. And I don't think it gets much attention on the Vita/PS4. As a developer, you look at the number of people who own one system, then the number of people who own *both*, then calculate the number of those users who are willing to buy your game twice, then determine if it's worth spending the resources to design a feature only they can use vs. something for everyone.
#49 Posted: 14:47:01 10/11/2015
The mobile version is not free to develop, they don't owe you free stuff. Infinity does give it to you for free on mobile, but unless you have figures/playsets, you don't get to do much at all unless you have the new playsets, I'm not even sure if the Toy Box mode is fully functional in the free version. Digital versions of the figures are priced amazingly bad, it has terrible reviews for how much the content costs and how little it gives you without the playsets. There isn't a whole story, if you get a playset, you just unlock that part of the game. It's like if you had to buy Racing Packs for levels, but none opened the whole story mode.

If the price of the mobile Starter makes you pause, just wait a while, it will drop in fast quickly. Last year I got it in January for $9.99. If you want it now, it costs full price. Give it time.
#50 Posted: 15:02:06 10/11/2015
To do cross save between Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft and IOS it would require writing save files to a location outside of the platform infrastructure. Not hard, but on Apple would even consider allowing that. The others ban that because of the threat of save file hacking and other things that could happen if their network was not closed. Once the file leaves their network all bets are off on file integrity. You can do some of that like between Sony platforms and also some games on MS platforms, they simply use their internal cloud to transfer data between the systems.

Or, if they really wanted to do it, they could make a special figure to store progress, but as UncleBob said, the number of people that would use it vs. the cost (it would require much more storage than a figure) would make it prohibitive.

In the end, it isn't going to happen.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me