Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All Purpose Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Topic V4!
First | Previous | Page 15 of 19 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
The All Purpose Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Topic V4!
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3080
#701 Posted: 16:57:05 13/02/2016
can you link the gifs please

EDIT: Welp nevermind if were on a new page
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:58:03 13/02/2016 by Underian
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#702 Posted: 18:48:21 13/02/2016
Quote: somePerson
That Meta Knight had really bad DI. :/

Not really. He did DI, but there was no way to DI out of that.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#703 Posted: 15:34:46 14/02/2016
Quote: mega spyro

3: Oh, like how you conveniently ignore this one.
5: Oh, you're going to ignore this one to?
6: And this?
7: Pointing out the character are uncreative when they aren't is kind of a problem. And how the hell does liking a character mean that one is vain, or hates animals?
9: Well, since most games are FPS, would you honestly pay for a game that features, say, a humanoid wolf with a gun shooting other animals, to save other animals. And yeah, most games have humans because they are made by humans. Unless of course they were made by the secret lizard people that the government is hiding.

I just have to bring something up.

First off, Solid Snake is INCREDIBLY uncreative. I get that you may like the character, but that doesn't make him original. Heck, I can think of a lot of Pokemon I like that are HUGELY uncreative, yet I still like them: Charizard, Meowth, Drowzee, Rhydon, etc. I like them not because they're creative, in fact it's their simplistic, to-the-point ideas that I admire. I could understand you liking Solid Snake, Corrin, or Bayonetta because you like the stereotype they are associated in, but that doesn't make them creative just because you like the characters.

Second, yeah I would if I was a fan of FPSs. Heck, if there was one that starred a wolf, that would honestly be the only reason I'd bother with the game. Believe it or not, some people see a game doesn't star a human, and immediately grow interested in that game just because of the fact. And if that game ends up being good, then that's a bonus. And whether you see it or not, the amount of people who would buy the game because it stars a non-human, and the amount of people who could care less what the star is, but would buy the game anyway would be higher than the people who absolutely won't buy it just because it doesn't star their oh-so precious human race. Humans being the absolute ONLY creature that should be allowed the main star of a shooting game is just as wrong as humans should be the only creature able to star in any other game.

Third, it actually IS kind of true that the lack of non-human games is due to vanity, especially from publishers. Name ten games made in the last five years where humans are NOT the absolute good. These have to be award winning or highly acclaimed games.

Also, it feels like NOTHING goes my way. That's the problem. One little thing not going my way? That's nothing. Two? Meh. Three? Hmmmm... but almost everything not going someone's way? Expect someone to be angry every time.

Also, I didn't "ignore" those points, I had nothing to say to them that wasn't an insult, and HeyItsHotdog wants me to be more respectful.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:35:08 14/02/2016 by MugoUrth
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#704 Posted: 15:48:36 14/02/2016
"the people who absolutely won't buy it just because it doesn't star their oh-so precious human race."

lmao, there's very few people that are that way, if any. So, of course that number is higher, as it includes the majority of the population - could care less what the star is. Nobody here is saying that they won't buy it because it doesn't star a human, and you're here hating on their opinions because they do, which just doesn't make sense. Also, saying you hate characters because they're uncreative and then going and mentioning characters that you think are uncreative that you like is very hypocritical. Your entire reasoning on hating human characters was that they are uncreative, and if there are others that are, why don't you hate them too? Inb4 because they're not human. Why does it matter what species a character is if the game is good? Why does it matter if there is a bulky Pokemon in Pokken if the game is good? If you don't buy the game, guess what? Nobody cares, plenty of people will still buy it, the company will still make money, and you'll still bring up these arguments that make us rage at you for you hating on our opinions for no reason.

"These have to be award winning or highly acclaimed games."

That's highly specific, as there are plenty of good games that don't win awards.

Forgive the acronym that I don't even like, it's just the only way that your post can be replied to.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:43:18 14/02/2016 by weebbby
#705 Posted: 18:12:30 14/02/2016
Quote:
lmao, there's no such thing as a good game that wins an award

Uuuuuh, what?

I guess this means like, the majority of Nintendo games must be ****. Smash Wii U included.

Seriously this makes no sense.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:13:44 14/02/2016 by sonicbrawler182
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#706 Posted: 18:16:04 14/02/2016
Quote: weebbby
lmao, there's no such thing as a good game that wins an award.

Ummm?
http://thegameawards.com/
#707 Posted: 18:43:46 14/02/2016
Sorry guys, that part was very badly worded, if not part of the rest as well.
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#708 Posted: 20:00:10 14/02/2016
If anybody ever wants to play today or tom. just PM me so we can set the time. NNID : JoshuaR
---
My life is complete.
#709 Posted: 21:35:38 14/02/2016
"the people who absolutely won't buy it just because it doesn't star their oh-so precious human race."

lmao, there's very few people that are that way, if any. So, of course that number is higher, as it includes the majority of the population - could care less what the star is. Nobody here is saying that they won't buy it because it doesn't star a human, and you're here hating on their opinions because they do, which just doesn't make sense. Also, saying you hate characters because they're uncreative and then going and mentioning characters that you think are uncreative that you like is very hypocritical. Your entire reasoning on hating human characters was that they are uncreative, and if there are others that are, why don't you hate them too? Inb4 because they're not human. Why does it matter what species a character is if the game is good? Why does it matter if there is a bulky Pokemon in Pokken if the game is good? If you don't buy the game, guess what? Nobody cares, plenty of people will still buy it, the company will still make money, and you'll still bring up these arguments that make us rage at you for you hating on our opinions for no reason.

"These have to be award winning or highly acclaimed games."

That's highly specific, as there are plenty of good games that don't win awards.

Forgive the acronym that I don't even like, it's just the only way that your post can be replied to.

I don't see how I'm a hypocrite, because the reason I don't like Snake/Corrin/Bayonetta isn't because they're uncreative, it's because I find them to be very boring, unlikable and marred by being unnecessarily serious and "mature". And the reason I like Charizard and Drowzee and Pokemon in general isn't just because they're not human, but because they're colorful and whimsical, which I find interesting and likable. It's why I have much more problems with Ryu, Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta as DLC characters than I do with Lucas, who's human, but he's less edgy and has more color and whimsy.

As for Pokken, it needs a bulky Pokemon or two to add diversity to a roster currently filled with almost nothing but speedy types. Even the characters that are slightly bulky in appearance, Charizard and Gengar, are still fast Pokemon. (Just because Charizard's not in Smash Brothers doesn't mean he isn't in games. I mean, he's not Gengar, but he's no slowpoke, either.)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:48:00 14/02/2016 by MugoUrth
#710 Posted: 21:46:38 14/02/2016
That's what you defined as uncreative in that post. I can see your points though.

No, it doesn't need. You want it to have, I want it to have, but if the game is good, does it really matter in the end if it has?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:49:57 14/02/2016 by weebbby
#711 Posted: 21:49:31 14/02/2016
That's what you defined as uncreative in that post.

No, it doesn't need. You want it to have, I want it to have, but if the game is good, does it really matter in the end if it has?

So basically you're saying "It doesn't need diversity." Because if there is anything a roster of playable characters needs more than anything else, it's diversity. And right now, it just doesn't have that, especially since "the big guy" is something most games with lots of playable characters has except for Pokken. There's no reason they should do without a very common character type.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:51:00 14/02/2016 by MugoUrth
#712 Posted: 21:51:57 14/02/2016
It doesn't need diversity, correct. If there was only one playable character, meaning no diversity at all, and the game is good, it doesn't matter that there is only one character available. It definitely makes it better, and you and I and others all want some form of diversity there, it's not the overall necessity that makes or breaks the game.
(Not strictly Pokken related)

See, doesn't this seem a lot easier and more reasonable to hold a conversation about it rather than insults and opinion forcing? (not trying to be rude with this, just saying)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:56:04 14/02/2016 by weebbby
#713 Posted: 22:04:20 14/02/2016
By saying "It doesn't need diversity," you might as well be saying "I want this game to have absolutely nothing but stick-figure Pokemon," despite claiming otherwise. And to be honest, I think lack of diversity DOES kind of break a game. If a game only has one playable, then that's probably a kind of game that doesn't require a specific type of character. But fighting games are a kind of game that have lots of characters, and need lots of different kinds of characters. In a game revolving around Pokemon, you expect it to be REALLY diverse, not just "One quadruped, one with no legs, and tens of stick-figure Pokemon." Plus, if there's no "big guy" character, then the people who like those characters will feel left out and neglected. That is one thing I hated most about Project X Zone 1 and 2: not only was every character human, but they were all pretty much the same build. No big guys, maybe one short guy, and everyone else was the standard type.

Another thing to add is that without diversity, all the characters will feel the same. As a result, the game would get stale faster than it would if it was more diverse.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:05:05 14/02/2016 by MugoUrth
#714 Posted: 22:06:31 14/02/2016
Hence the if it's good in the end clause.
#715 Posted: 22:08:42 14/02/2016
Again, it could STILL be good, but it would be much better if all the characters didn't feel the same. Saying "It doesn't need it," is like saying a television doesn't need color or sound. Would it really be fun watching your favorite shows in black and white with subtitles?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:17:24 14/02/2016 by MugoUrth
#716 Posted: 22:16:58 14/02/2016
Yes, it definitely improves it, I agreed to that, but that clause is still what I have to refer you to. The word need is not acceptable to place there due to that clause. Should have is much better.
#717 Posted: 22:19:44 14/02/2016
Yes, it definitely improves it, I agreed to that, but that clause is still what I have to refer you to. The word need is not acceptable to place there due to that clause. Should have is much better.

You see, you're talking from a technical standpoint and not a practical one. Again "it doesn't need it" is like saying "a TV doesn't need color or sound." That might be where we differ. You're speaking from a technical standpoint, and I'm trying to speak from a practical standpoint. It doesn't "technically" need diversity, but if it wants to be the best game it can possibly be, then diversity is, in fact, a necessity. See what I am trying to say now?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:20:37 14/02/2016 by MugoUrth
#718 Posted: 22:24:40 14/02/2016
Yes, it's exactly like saying that. And I see exactly what you are saying. But from how you describe our standpoints, technical includes the word need, whereas in practical the word need cannot possibly exist, and should have sits better.
#719 Posted: 22:27:48 14/02/2016
Hmmm, I suppose.
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3080
#720 Posted: 22:32:35 14/02/2016
Is it best to play defensively against little macs or??
#721 Posted: 22:49:57 14/02/2016
^Depends on who you are playing as.

If your character is slow or has poor frame data, then you probably should fight him defensively.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#722 Posted: 00:10:47 15/02/2016
All right. So if we're all done arguing about whether or not humans are bland, uncreative slobs...

Can we talk about how OP Corrin's counter is? I think it's got way more knockback than the other FE characters' counters.

I played against a Corrin three times today and she countered my smash attacks and killed me at like 30%.

So you know what that means...
BETTER NERF GRENI-*shot*
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Camo22 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3501
#723 Posted: 01:57:06 15/02/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
All right. So if we're all done arguing about whether or not humans are bland, uncreative slobs...

Can we talk about how OP Corrin's counter is? I think it's got way more knockback than the other FE characters' counters.

I played against a Corrin three times today and she countered my smash attacks and killed me at like 30%.

BETTER NERF GRENI-*shot*

You know what, I have to agree. I find that counter, very annoying. I think its because its an 'area if effect' move rather than straight to the person who attacked it. You know what, I think they paid loads more attention on Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta because there pretty unique in there own way, and because of that, you have to adapt more to there play rather then what your usual characters. Still, Corrins Dash, Neutral Air and Counter are most annoying to me. Bayonetta is now a little more annoying, especially her slide. Otherwise, she's pretty easy.
---
=Fixing Theories since Sep, 2015 / Deviant Art =
#724 Posted: 03:06:56 15/02/2016
No counter is as OP as Bay's.
#725 Posted: 04:17:23 15/02/2016
No counter is as OP as Bay's.

smilie Sorry, but that reminded me of a time I was versing a counter crazy Bayonetta. You see, no matter what you did, she would just counter. Over 'time' (Witch Time joke) the time in Witch Time would be faster and less of a threat. The way I killed her was just spectacular. She used it on the edge as I was trying to spike her, but you know how she does that flip backwards before she can attack? That's how long the time lasted. She flipped right into my spike, and she died. Just comes to show that sure its effective, but not as durable as the regular ones. It just sucked that I could not save the replay... due to a family issue. I'd like to show you all it.
---
#726 Posted: 05:51:42 15/02/2016
Anyone wanna battle me on Smash 3DS?
---
#727 Posted: 10:30:31 15/02/2016

BETTER NERF GRENI-*shot*

It has pretty much the same knockback as any other counter (i.e. it doubles the knockback of the attack it counters), but Corrin's KO's slightly earlier because it launches at a more vertical angle than other counters so it's harder to DI and KO's just as well from any point of the stage, and also is very effective in mid-air or on high platforms, or on stages with low ceilings. It also has better range.

However, to make up for this, it's slower to come out and more punishable if your opponent doesn't hit you when you use it. I've escaped from Corrin's counter a few times after activating it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:31:14 15/02/2016 by sonicbrawler182
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#728 Posted: 19:53:27 15/02/2016
Random Question: Does Mega Man's Down Taunt have invincibility frames? And does Maeio's Up Taunt increase his hitbox? I was just curious.
One more question: What are some combos I can do with Samus' down throw and dash attack? So far I can do D-Throw to F-Air to possibly another F-Air, D-Throw to Up-Air to Up-Air to Up-B, and dash attack to the same moves as he D-throw combos. The problem is that these combos are not always consistent (maybe it's my fault?) so I'd like to know some better combos or ways to improve these.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#729 Posted: 20:04:52 15/02/2016
Regarding the taunt questions, I believe you are correct. Mario's Up Taunt definitely does increase his hurtbox.
---
#730 Posted: 20:12:47 15/02/2016
Quote: The Bone Chompy
Random Question: Does Mega Man's Down Taunt have invincibility frames? And does Maeio's Up Taunt increase his hitbox? I was just curious.
One more question: What are some combos I can do with Samus' down throw and dash attack? So far I can do D-Throw to F-Air to possibly another F-Air, D-Throw to Up-Air to Up-Air to Up-B, and dash attack to the same moves as he D-throw combos. The problem is that these combos are not always consistent (maybe it's my fault?) so I'd like to know some better combos or ways to improve these.

If it's not consistent it's there's a good chance that the combo is DIable or weight type.
#731 Posted: 20:33:02 16/02/2016
Quote: The Bone Chompy

If it's not consistent it's there's a good chance that the combo is DIable or weight type.

I see. YouTube time! Expect I'm worried that Samus won't have many top quality videos about her, since she's so underplayed.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#732 Posted: 21:05:30 16/02/2016
ugh i need a 3ds and this game since my parents wont get a wii u

id get it myself but they like to borrow money lol
---
now its time to get funky
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#733 Posted: 00:46:32 17/02/2016
So I might be alone on this but I thought I'd share this anyways.

So the other day, I bought all the DLC characters for the game PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale. I've played a fair amount of Kat from Gravity Rush so far, and as I played her more and more, I began to notice that her combo game is REALLY similar to Bayonetta.

She has a similar heel slide, down kick, jab, etc.

Obviously Kat doesn't play exactly like Bayonetta(PSASBR has 3 attack buttons so that alone makes her a lot different) and obviously this is just pure coincidence, but I thought it was interesting that she has a lot of similar moves and combos to Bayonetta in smash.
---
Cool cool.
#734 Posted: 02:34:20 19/02/2016
Hehehe, I'm trying to start a Smash Club at school. It'll be great! I'm hoping for 8 people, and so far there are 3. Its a start, but I want to have a full tournament!

Speaking of which, is there like a DarkSpyro Tournament or something?
---
#735 Posted: 03:19:02 19/02/2016
This might not interest many, but I thought it was cool.

A company called Beacon Creative was recently hired to do promotional renders for the Sonic Boom show.

One of the renders looks very familiar.

http://www.beaconcreative.com/work/sega/

It's a pretty cool little homage. Makes me want to see Boom Sonic as an alt.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
#736 Posted: 04:23:04 19/02/2016
ARE YOU KIDDING! I've wanted a Sonic Boom alt since the Boom series came out! Also, I can imagine if Tails made it in he gets 4 regular alts and 4 Boom alts, like Bayonetta, Cloud, Wii Fit, Corrin etc. That would have really been cool IMO.
---
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#737 Posted: 04:37:49 19/02/2016
How difficult do you think it'd be to start up a small time Smash tourney?

A lot of secondhand and retro game stores in my city hold them bi-monthly, and I haven't had the chance to attend any, but I have some ideas I'd like to implement on my own.
#738 Posted: 03:08:13 20/02/2016
Yo anybody want to Smash and chill?
#739 Posted: 21:46:07 20/02/2016
>tfw you're the coolest

[User Posted Image]
---
#740 Posted: 23:38:06 20/02/2016
Woah, is that an actual texture model hack for the game?
---
Check this out! Please?
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#741 Posted: 02:19:02 21/02/2016
Woah, is that an actual texture model hack for the game?

There are those but it's not widely available so this was probably just a picture of the Shadow assist trophy.
---
words. letters. filler.
#742 Posted: 02:53:18 21/02/2016
Wow...are textures the only thing they've been able to mod so far?
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#743 Posted: 04:17:40 21/02/2016
It's not a texture mod, it's a literal model replacament.

It's Shadow's Assist Trophy model (edited to have Sonic's eye and mouth animations) put over Sonic's rig/data.

Modding like that started a while ago.
---
#744 Posted: 04:24:35 21/02/2016
Is there a website for it or something?
---
Check this out! Please?
night bomb guy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1538
#745 Posted: 12:21:25 23/02/2016
If you watch the Pokémon movies, they like to put unreleased Pokémon in movies, like Zoroark in a Gen. IV movie, or Lucario in Gen. III. Now, there's the new Pokémon, Magearna. Here's what she looks like:

[User Posted Image]

And people have probably code digged through X ,Y, OR, and AS before and found no evidence of Magearna. Could they be doing this trend again and plan to release Magearna in the games of Gen. VII?
---
This account has been closed in favor of a new account name.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#746 Posted: 12:28:01 23/02/2016
She could be in Z. also,there's an All-purpose Pokémon Topic for this.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#747 Posted: 22:00:05 23/02/2016

Smashing
---
night bomb guy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1538
#748 Posted: 22:34:50 23/02/2016
Quote: Bifrost
She could be in Z. also,there's an All-purpose Pokémon Topic for this.

If she would be in Z, then she would be tradable to X, Y, OR, and AS. And, there's NO trace of Magearna in those games or somebody would post it to the internet immediately and then I find out about it. Sooo...
---
This account has been closed in favor of a new account name.
First | Previous | Page 15 of 19 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me