Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Remember the Nintendo PlayStation that was Found? It Works and It's Real.
Page 1 of 1
Remember the Nintendo PlayStation that was Found? It Works and It's Real. [CLOSED]
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#1 Posted: 22:07:07 06/11/2015 | Topic Creator
http://www.engadget.com/2015/1...l-and-it-works/

Man, imagine how different the gaming landscape would've been if the Sony-Nintendo partnership actually came to fruition and Nintendo were not being asses about the whole thing.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#2 Posted: 22:59:56 07/11/2015
This is super neat, although it's pretty sad that it can't play CD games. Imagine, Nintendo and Sony making games together. I wonder what that would've been like?
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#3 Posted: 23:31:00 07/11/2015
Honestly, the Nintendo consoles are the last holdout for whimsy. Yeah, the Sony and Microsoft consoles always have a few colorful, whimsical games every once in a while, but they're hidden under piles of overly serious junk that lack color or personality. That's kind of why I like the Nintendo consoles so much, because they have a lot of colorful games. If Nintendo and Sony merged, I don't know how that would effect the amount of more whimsical games.
#4 Posted: 00:20:59 08/11/2015
Quote: MugoUrth
Honestly, the Nintendo consoles are the last holdout for whimsy. Yeah, the Sony and Microsoft consoles always have a few colorful, whimsical games every once in a while, but they're hidden under piles of overly serious junk that lack color or personality. That's kind of why I like the Nintendo consoles so much, because they have a lot of colorful games. If Nintendo and Sony merged, I don't know how that would effect the amount of more whimsical games.

^ That is very true, MugoUrth.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#5 Posted: 04:35:21 08/11/2015
I don't know why, but I think that, not just the game industry, but the whole pop culture would different if Sony and Nintendo partnership becomes successful.
---
Bruh
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#6 Posted: 05:03:22 08/11/2015

Are you ****ing serious? Sony and Microsoft produce many colorful game that aren't just bland and grey games. Maybe if you actually played their consoles you would know that they have tons of games that don't take themselves seriously at all or are very bright and colorful. Not every Playsation or XBox game are Call Of Duty clones okay? Your avatar literally comes from a Sony game and yet you say that they don't make enough games that are just like it? Have you ever seen games such as Sly Copper, Crash Bandicoot, Street Fighter, Marvel Vs Capcom, Bully, Sunset Overdrive, Sackboy, Fall Out, or Saint Rows? The games that I just listed are only a fraction of what "whimsical" games that Sony and Microsoft produce. Please don't act like you know everything about a console that you don't own.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#7 Posted: 07:02:22 08/11/2015
Quote: somePerson

Are you ****ing serious? Sony and Microsoft produce many colorful game that aren't just bland and grey games. Maybe if you actually played their consoles you would know that they have tons of games that don't take themselves seriously at all or are very bright and colorful. Not every Playsation or XBox game are Call Of Duty clones okay? Your avatar literally comes from a Sony game and yet you say that they don't make enough games that are just like it? Have you ever seen games such as Sly Copper, Crash Bandicoot, Street Fighter, Marvel Vs Capcom, Bully, Sunset Overdrive, Sackboy, Fall Out, or Saint Rows? The games that I just listed are only a fraction of what "whimsical" games that Sony and Microsoft produce. Please don't act like you know everything about a console that you don't own.

Crash Bandicoot, LittleBigPlanet, and Sly Cooper are the only games you mentioned that have what I'd call "whimsy", and Crash Bandicoot has been dead for years. Seriously, Fallout, a game set in a post-apocalyptic world, is whimsical? Sunset Overdrive, a game about shooting hordes of grotesque zombies, is whimsical? Saint Row, a game about gangsters and crime, is whimsical? I don't think you understand the attribute we're looking for.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:04:39 08/11/2015 by Muffin Man
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#8 Posted: 07:05:51 08/11/2015
Quote: Muffin Man

Crash Bandicoot, LittleBigPlanet, and Sly Cooper are the only games you mentioned that have anything close to what I'd call "whimsy", and Crash Bandicoot has been dead for years. Seriously, Fallout, a game set in a post-apocalyptic world, is whimsical? Sunset Overdrive, a game about shooting hordes of grotesque zombies, is whimsical? Saint Row, a game about gangsters and crime, is whimsical? I don't think you understand the attribute we're looking for.

I meant games that are either colorful or full of personality because Mugo said that most PS and XBox games don't have much of those. I never said whimsical okay? smilie And yes Fall Out and Sunset Overdrive are both considered whimsical according to the definition of "whimsy".
Quote: Dictionary.com
capricious humor or disposition; extravagant, fanciful, or excessively playful expression:
a play with lots of whimsy.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:13:29 08/11/2015 by somePerson
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#9 Posted: 07:15:25 08/11/2015
Quote: Muffin Man

Crash Bandicoot, LittleBigPlanet, and Sly Cooper are the only games you mentioned that have anything close to what I'd call "whimsy", and Crash Bandicoot has been dead for years. Seriously, Fallout, a game set in a post-apocalyptic world, is whimsical? Sunset Overdrive, a game about shooting hordes of grotesque zombies, is whimsical? Saint Row, a game about gangsters and crime, is whimsical? I don't think you understand the attribute we're looking for.

I meant games that are either colorful or full of personality because Mugo said that most PS and XBox games don't have much of those. I never said whimsy okay. smilie

Okay, I do agree that a lot of Xbox and Playstation games have color and personality. I think what MugoUrth meant, though, is that not very many non-Nintendo games nowadays are whimsical (I.E., lighthearted fantasy). Although I would also add a caveat for indie games, since a lot of those are whimsical as well.

And yes Fall Out and Sunset Overdrive are both considered whimsical according to the definition of "whimsy".
Quote: Dictionary.com
capricious humor or disposition; extravagant, fanciful, or excessively playful expression:
a play with lots of whimsy.

I would say the dark, morbid, and grotesque themes of those games prevent them from fitting that description. When I think whimsical, I think Disney cartoon.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:21:34 08/11/2015 by Muffin Man
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#10 Posted: 13:11:59 08/11/2015
Will it play PS1 games?
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#11 Posted: 14:23:38 08/11/2015
^ No, at least not for the people in the mentioned article...yet. They're workin on it, though.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me