Forum

Skylanders Academy

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Academy > Skylanders: Academy - General Discussion Topic
First | Previous | Page 5 of 58 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 56 57 58
Skylanders: Academy - General Discussion Topic [STICKY]
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#201 Posted: 18:13:38 09/04/2016
Guess this is what he meant by continuity - this is like Battlecast, Kaos and the Doom Raiders aren't supposed to get along but they do. It's fine, I mean it works there, and what matters is character interaction since it's not like 6kylanders and foward won't change status quo around again.

On no Gill Grunt...
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:40:37 09/04/2016 by Bifrost
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#202 Posted: 22:06:05 09/04/2016
I hope every Skylander appears in this show at least once, even if they're just cameos. I would be really happy if I see Sunburn, Whirlwind or Scratch even if it's just for one episode or in the background.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#203 Posted: 23:32:03 09/04/2016
Pixar like...?
Wow.
Just wow.

I know he might be exaggerating it a bit but still... Wow.

Doom Raiders in Season 1!
YUSH! smilie

They will probably introduce Gill Grunt in S2 since he apparently likes higher numbers. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#204 Posted: 00:11:45 10/04/2016
Quote: alicecarp
I hope every Skylander appears in this show at least once, even if they're just cameos. I would be really happy if I see Sunburn, Whirlwind or Scratch even if it's just for one episode or in the background.

Unfortunately, with the way CGI works a cameo appearance wouldn't justify creating a brand new character model. I think Skylanders will only appear if they are main characters in the show or if they are guest starring for an episode in order to advertise a new figure.
---
Boop me if you see this.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#205 Posted: 08:48:40 10/04/2016
Quote: Muffin Man
Quote: alicecarp

Unfortunately, with the way CGI works a cameo appearance wouldn't justify creating a brand new character model. I think Skylanders will only appear if they are main characters in the show or if they are guest starring for an episode in order to advertise a new figure.

Oh yeah that's true and when was the last time Sunburn got any attention since SSA? However, I still have hopes for Whirlwind having her own episode since she seems to be one of the most popular air Skylanders besides Jet-Vac.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#206 Posted: 09:07:36 10/04/2016
I made list of who I think will appear!

Italics - deconfirmed

Fire - Eruptor smilie and Hot Dog smilie
Earth - Terrafin smilie
Magic - Spyro smilie and Pop-Fizz smilie
Tech - Trigger Happy? smilie I'm unsure on this one.
Undead - Well, if Cynder smilie isn't coming till Season 2 I have no idea.
Air - Whirlwind smilie and Jet Vac smilie (Because of what you said above)
Life - Stealth Elf smilie and hopefully not Shroomboom smilie
Water - Again, since Gill Grunt smilie won't be in Season 1 I'm not sure. I'd love to see Echo, though! smilie
Light and dark - Who knows with this one. I'd like to see all of them eventually. smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie

What does everyone else think about this?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:20:46 10/04/2016 by yelvy
#207 Posted: 11:29:58 10/04/2016
Hot Dog and Whirlwind were deconfirmed already.
---
#208 Posted: 13:21:24 10/04/2016
Aww, well thanks for the info at least smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#209 Posted: 18:04:32 10/04/2016
CYNDER STORY PLANNED -

https://twitter.com/EricRogers...223658233724928
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#210 Posted: 18:10:22 10/04/2016
And if Malefor is involved,Hex probably will be bundled along too.

He also confirmed right after Rollerbrawl is the Undead rep, or at least one of them. Can't say I like it but better than Chop Chop or Grim Creeper(nothing to do with me not liking their figures, their personalities have nothing other than 'spooky and heroic').
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:18:29 10/04/2016 by Bifrost
#211 Posted: 18:20:29 10/04/2016
I can only think of two reasons why they didn't pick Cynder for season 1:
They wanna save her story for season 2?
To encourage Roller Brawl figure sales?
#212 Posted: 18:27:56 10/04/2016
Or Cynder isn't as popular as her despite story and personality potential(RB's sass and determination is nice but Stealth Elf's right there) and they'll wait before taking risks. Eric seems to have been given info on the flagships even if,in Gills' case,he isn't following it closely.
---
#213 Posted: 18:34:40 10/04/2016
Also true! smilie A lot of classic fans would appreciate smilie but I guess the target audience would prefer smilie Saying that, though, I think the writers have considered what older fans would like to see, and that's why we might get a Cynder story in season 2!

It goes along with Cynder's backstory too. Featuring too prominently would go against the 'everyone is wary of her etc.' vibe.
Operationgamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1289
#214 Posted: 19:46:07 10/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aura24

Cool!
#215 Posted: 20:00:53 10/04/2016
Have they said anything about whether characters like Stealth Elf and Roller Brawl will be in their original or supercharged forms? Or maybe they can transform freely between both?
---
Boop me if you see this.
#216 Posted: 20:02:43 10/04/2016
No,but we'll probably find out in first impressions - the comics treat them as free transformation and the games don't. It's probably supposed to be that since why else would you be carrying your Rift Engine instead of leaving it on the vehicle?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:03:06 10/04/2016 by Bifrost
Starlight_Shine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1088
#217 Posted: 20:08:07 10/04/2016
Quote: Aura24

This just gave me even more hype for the show! Everything we've learned so far sounds great! smilie
#218 Posted: 11:16:19 12/04/2016
Just what I needed to wake me up. Is the Valentines video canon now?

It's probably a joke that Eruptor is hot, I know, but after that and Mike "Eruptor,who is a pimp" Stout...
---
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#219 Posted: 11:37:32 12/04/2016
considering who's helming the series I feel this might be a bit adult, maybe like Animaniacs or even a little bit more

I hope so~
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#220 Posted: 12:06:47 12/04/2016
The issue isn't the (im)maturity being between Futurama and Gravity Falls, it's more that the sexy one is walking lava who lacks toes, fingers, neck and a ton of other stuff. Unless he'll be unsucessful because of it, which would be funnier.
---
#221 Posted: 12:11:15 12/04/2016
Quote: Bifrost
The issue isn't the (im)maturity being between Futurama and Gravity Falls, it's more that the sexy one is walking lava who lacks toes, fingers, neck and a ton of other stuff. Unless he'll be unsucessful because of it, which would be funnier.

I was just talking in general

I'm also sure he was just joking
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#222 Posted: 17:08:33 13/04/2016
I hope to GOD Cynder is NOT Spyro's love interest. That was the absolute WORST thing in DOTD for me if not all of LoS as a whole.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#223 Posted: 17:15:59 13/04/2016
Well, it wasn't Krome's intentions as the concept artist heavily implied(they were busier with the whole 'anti-spyro' thing), and from the comics they appear more as fire forged friends.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#224 Posted: 17:18:38 13/04/2016
eruptor, "the sexy one"
#225 Posted: 17:44:01 13/04/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
I hope to GOD Cynder is NOT Spyro's love interest. That was the absolute WORST thing in DOTD for me if not all of LoS as a whole.

That would fanservice if they suddenly brought that in.

But in the novels and comics, Spyro and Cynder are simply long-time friends with no hints of romance towards each other.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#226 Posted: 17:57:28 13/04/2016

It's probably a joke that Eruptor is hot, I know, but after that and Mike "Eruptor,who is a pimp" Stout...

Eruptor Rule 34 is coming.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:57:52 13/04/2016 by Crash10
#227 Posted: 21:19:02 13/04/2016
Quote: Crash10

Ii bet it already exists tbh
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#228 Posted: 17:43:38 14/04/2016
Quote: ZapNorris

NO PLEASE MAKE IT STOP RULE 34 IS MY ONLY WEAKNESS
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:44:06 14/04/2016 by TrapShadowFan
#229 Posted: 19:21:39 14/04/2016
Quote: TrapShadowFan
Quote: ZapNorris

NO PLEASE MAKE IT STOP RULE 34 IS MY ONLY WEAKNESS

some searching has proven me wrong, eruptor is safe for now smilie
#230 Posted: 19:28:26 14/04/2016
Then you haven't looked around hard enough. At least SSA was released in Japan, so turning off filters or looking in the right places will probably yield a bunch.

I'm not ever trying though, I like knowing that my only memory of NFSW Skylanders is oversized butts or shirtless Knight Light, nothing that'll permanently scar me.

Back on topic, he changed the logo out for something else and started answering less and less, wonder if Eric reached a point where he can't spill more of the beans.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:28:42 14/04/2016 by Bifrost
#231 Posted: 19:38:33 14/04/2016
I was thinking about that too. At least we got details.
---
#232 Posted: 12:51:05 15/04/2016
Next deconfirmation is Chop Chop. I gotta take my chance since he was the last popular Undead before her - can anyone ask for Hex? ;w;'
---
#233 Posted: 12:54:42 15/04/2016
Next deconfirmation is Chop Chop. I gotta take my chance since he was the last popular Undead before her - can anyone ask for Hex? ;w;'

I'll ask, but I'd like to think of one to two more questions along with it. Preferable not character related ones.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#234 Posted: 13:14:29 15/04/2016
I'm actually excited for this and I haven't played Skylanders since the first game lmao

I hope we get some references to Classic Spyro (Maybe we even get Sparx by his side and if Spyro gets attacked or injured his color changes etc) I think that would be a nice way to be like "Look, this is new Spyro, it's not ideal but it's pretty amazing, we still acknowledge his roots"

I wouldn't be excited if it weren't for who is doing the show, I mean...If this is anything like Futurama (First half of course cuz the revival was kinda garbage) it's going to be amazing
---
#235 Posted: 13:24:39 15/04/2016
I can't really think of any essential questions about shows,to be honest the first time I'm actually following the period before one releases,but maybe ask if it'll have any plots (or anyone) based or from the skylanders comics? I mean we know there's no SC villains but Calliope finally getting her wish is long overdue.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:24:55 15/04/2016 by Bifrost
#236 Posted: 13:35:10 15/04/2016
OK, more info on the animation he says its insanely high quality for TV standards. In other words, the animation quality is going to be very very good, much better the the average CG show.

Also, I sent the likely last questions I will ask. They are the following

Any Plans for Hex?

Any tie-ins for the Skylander comics?

Can you give us a hint on what channel it might be on?

Enchiladas?
---
#237 Posted: 13:38:06 15/04/2016
Quote: Lunarz
I'm actually excited for this and I haven't played Skylanders since the first game lmao

I hope we get some references to Classic Spyro (Maybe we even get Sparx by his side and if Spyro gets attacked or injured his color changes etc) I think that would be a nice way to be like "Look, this is new Spyro, it's not ideal but it's pretty amazing, we still acknowledge his roots"

I wouldn't be excited if it weren't for who is doing the show, I mean...If this is anything like Futurama (First half of course cuz the revival was kinda garbage) it's going to be amazing

Yeah it'd be really neat if they would incorporate Sparx into this somehow.

I wonder, does anyone here know if Sparx has appeared in any of the comics or the books at all before?
---
Boop me if you see this.
#238 Posted: 13:38:10 15/04/2016
Here's hoping it'll be that good.

If one of them end up being too pushy to ask,you can also ask locations - not game levels, I mean if we'll see the Underworld, underwater places, or whatever themes the fandom likes in general.

Quote: Muffin Man

I wonder, does anyone here know if Sparx has appeared in any of the comics or the books at all before?

Nope,just a mention in High Five's backstory. Pretty much like he's just an object like the other magic items.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:39:12 15/04/2016 by Bifrost
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#239 Posted: 16:20:07 15/04/2016
And it's sad knowing it's sidekick nature in the legend era games even if it could be a reference to it's health meter nature in the classics,but I would to see all three remaining of the real Spyro series together at the same level of importance atleast in a comic or tv series...also could they just give us a fake spinoff that feature Spyro as main character again,kids don't know he is the cause of the existance of that franchise and it sadden me.Also in the tv series they really need to improve spyro design and make it less...goblin looking.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#240 Posted: 16:26:55 15/04/2016
You don't change the design of a single character in such a huge way just because some fans that aren't ever coming back anyway complain about it. Cynder's chest was subtle changes over Giants and SF and fine,but his short snout is very proeminent.

He's also adorable this way, so I don't really care, haven't for a few years.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:27:48 15/04/2016 by Bifrost
#241 Posted: 16:27:13 15/04/2016
Quote: fyra
And it's sad knowing it's sidekick nature in the legend era games even if it could be a reference to it's health meter nature in the classics,but I would to see all three remaining of the real Spyro series together at the same level of importance atleast in a comic or tv series...also could they just give us a fake spinoff that feature Spyro as main character again,kids don't know he is the cause of the existance of that franchise and it sadden me.Also in the tv series they really need to improve spyro design and make it less...goblin looking.

I don't understand exactly what you're saying but it seems to me like you're a genwunner

So am I but like, we got three (I'd argue four) Amazing OG Spyro games, we shouldn't be selfish, we need to let it evolve. classic spyro is dead, face it, it sucks but it's dead, but we still have the memories

So not to seem rude but maybe we should all stop ****ing complaining and be grateful for what we did get and that Spyro himself isn't dead.
---
#242 Posted: 16:32:22 15/04/2016
I'd argue that Spyro's fate could have been much worse. At least we see him as a sort of leader/main character in the comics, which will hopefully be mirrored in Academy.
#243 Posted: 16:35:31 15/04/2016
Quote: yelvy
I'd argue that Spyro's fate could have been much worse. At least we see him as a sort of leader/main character in the comics, which will hopefully be mirrored in Academy.

They're not dumb, they know having Spyro be main cast is a marketing tactic, just as Spyro even being in Skylanders was a marketing scheme
It'll make them more money, they'll do it
---
#244 Posted: 16:36:57 15/04/2016
Fyra, please don't bring up your complaints about Spyro's design or current role again.

Spyro's design will NEVER change in Skylanders. It's something you AND the gemwunners will need to put up with and accept.
---
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#245 Posted: 16:40:23 15/04/2016
Technically I m a legend fan discovered classic spyro much later enter the dragonfly don't count,but I also hope he s prominent in the show and not throwed away like in the games were he did not appear in trap team and supercharger(here the cause of my rage alongside lack of dragons games) and also a fact even my mom find skyro ugly...
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#246 Posted: 16:43:41 15/04/2016
Quote: fyra
Technically I m a legend fan discovered classic spyro much later enter the dragonfly don't count,but I also hope he s prominent in the show and not throwed away like in the games were he did not appear in trap team and supercharger(here the cause of my rage alongside lack of dragons games) and also a fact even my mom find skyro ugly...

So...You don't want to give something a chance...Because you dislike a design

lmfao

Then don't watch the stupid show lmao jfc

I have no idea how you dislike the design
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:44:17 15/04/2016 by Lunarz
#247 Posted: 16:44:37 15/04/2016
Unpopular opinion here, but I thought Skyro looked better than his LOS counterpart.

Depending on how each episode is written, Spyro will either be a recurring character featured in every episode/'adventure' or he will be a recurring character seen at the beginning/end of each episode that doesn't go on every 'adventure'.

Just my thoughts.
#248 Posted: 16:45:56 15/04/2016
Opinions aren't facts, fyra.

And I can tell that you didn't look into the recent comics or look at the tweets posted or uploaded on Rogers' Twitter page on the show.

If you are still upset over Spyro's involvement in Skylanders, don't derail this topic with complaints, simply complain elsewhere please.
---
#249 Posted: 16:48:28 15/04/2016
Quote: yelvy

He could look like his cake in last week's Cake Masters episode.

[User Posted Image]

I prefer his design to DOTD any day since he isn't horribly out of proportions and AHT because the giant horns are just comical instead of pratical(Krome Spyro and classic is good for their purpose and mood), but derails derails.

Eric already confirmed Spyro is the lead,though not if he's just as much as the other 4 mains(SE, Pop Fizz,Jet-Vac and Eruptor). I've only casually watched Futurama a few times so I don't really know how the main cast works there.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:50:35 15/04/2016 by Bifrost
#250 Posted: 16:48:34 15/04/2016
LoS Spyro is the by far the ugliest. It's disgusting. Both ANB/EN and DoTD are terribly designed.

Anyway, yeah I expect the former. He's likely going to be the main character and maybe go to the sidelines every few episodes to give another Skylander the Spotlight.
---
First | Previous | Page 5 of 58 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 56 57 58

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me