Forum

Skylanders Academy

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Academy > Skylanders: Academy - General Discussion Topic
First | Previous | Page 32 of 58 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 56 57 58
Skylanders: Academy - General Discussion Topic [STICKY]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1551 Posted: 16:42:54 04/11/2016
DanTM talking about his character in the show:

---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#1552 Posted: 22:29:07 04/11/2016
Reposting:

Quote: Crash10
Just warning that Harmony (the Academy main theme) is available to buy as a single at most music online stores (like iTunes and Google Play Music).
---
Bruh
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#1553 Posted: 13:12:16 05/11/2016
Eric mentioned the team just recorded the last script of the season. Probably just animating from here on out!
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#1554 Posted: 00:24:39 06/11/2016
Saw the first episode a few days ago. It was...alright. While the changes from the games were a bit jarring, it's still better than the likes of Sonic Boom. I think it's because Spyro always naturally fit that humour more (what with being a Western franchise to begin with), plus the fact it still clearly keeps in mind what Skylanders is at the core instead of chucking it all out for another format.
---
Eh.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#1555 Posted: 23:49:43 06/11/2016
To e honest while I normally get really annoyed at the lack of continuity, this show actually is one of the few times I'm OK with the differences. Heck this show actually gave smilie a more fitting voice than even the game did. Also even if the show seems juvenile to some, don't forget this show is willing to have suicide in the mind in a certain someone and even say kill or die when not even the games aren't allowed to say these words.

In the end I am actually surprised how much more adult the can be when it wants to be than the games at times and I just don't know why, but it's great to see Eon not be such a perfect guy we all were fooled into believing he was.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#1556 Posted: 00:15:02 07/11/2016
He was never perfect, his first usage of Portals was possibly injuring the previous Portal Master, but the games don't really have space for him to goof off and the books/comics only have him as exposition.
---
#1557 Posted: 00:48:35 07/11/2016
Okay, so got a window to watch the other eleven episodes. And...yeah, this series is far better than Sonic Boom, it's actually really enjoyable past the super-cliche first episode. I have to agree that they're really taking advantage of the freedom not being tied to a network brings because it went to some dark places at times. Don't think the games broach it even.
---
Eh.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#1558 Posted: 01:28:23 07/11/2016
Quote: Bifrost
He was never perfect, his first usage of Portals was possibly injuring the previous Portal Master, but the games don't really have space for him to goof off and the books/comics only have him as exposition.

They did have that one in the first game where he says Kaos' head looks ridiculous...
But yeah, Academy Eon is best Eon.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#1559 Posted: 19:26:23 07/11/2016
You know, as a Spyro fan, I've been watching this series, and I am enjoying it. I didn't think I would, but to be fair, I'm only watching it as I'm curious to see how they fit Spyro in all of this. And I really like how they portray Spyro, he actually has a personality that we don't normally get to see even in the classic Spyro games, you get to see a little bit of it in A Hero's Tail though.

There are a couple of Skylander characters that have grown on me, like Master Eon, and Glumshanks.

But yeah, I'm still not a big Skylander fan, that doesn't mean that I don't hate the series though, it's just not my kind of thing, as all I really care about is Spyro to be honest. I've played through Spyro's Adventure, and thought it was okay. Don't know if the sequels get better in gameplay, but I don't think you get to play as Spyro? Not sure?
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#1560 Posted: 19:31:00 07/11/2016
Yeah, I remember how incredibly arrogant Spyro was in Spyro 1 and AHT.

Quote: Spyro, Spyro1
"You know what they say, for every good battle, you need a good adversary. And I felt that Gnasty, in spite of his misguided nature, was a worthy opponent."

Quote: Spyro, A Hero's Tail
"Eggs... Oh yeah, I've found one of those. Maybe I'll get all the other dragon eggs for ya. You know I'm going to be out saving the world anyway..."

Quote: Spyro, A Hero's Tail
"Fat chance! I've fought bigger enemies than you! All I have to do is run around a few times, while I figure out your weakness. Then I just hit you three times and..." *Splat*

You do play as Spyro in the sequel games as long as you have any of his toys, S1, S2, S3, or Eon's Elite Spyro.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:11:54 07/11/2016 by Aura24
#1561 Posted: 20:20:51 07/11/2016
AHT isn't quite the best example. He was far less enjoyable there, less 'cocky' and more 'jerk'.

SuperSpyroFan, you always get to play as Spyro, they just didn't release new versions of his figure. All characters are fowards compatible.
---
#1562 Posted: 20:48:56 07/11/2016
AHT isn't quite the best example. He was far less enjoyable there, less 'cocky' and more 'jerk'.

SuperSpyroFan, you always get to play as Spyro, they just didn't release new versions of his figure. All characters are fowards compatible.

In your opinion, what's the best Skylander game in terms of gameplay for Spyro?
---
#1563 Posted: 20:51:23 07/11/2016
Spyro has always been decent, but keep him out of Nightmare Mode(highest difficulty) in most games - the enemies in those modes punish close quarters and Spyro's dash and flight aren't really good at keeping him away from enemies. I think people mentioned he's buffed in Imaginators, and that being the newest game, you could try that, because he's also an NPC there( you can play as Spyro with Spyro helping you, unfortunately no secret dialogue).
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:52:09 07/11/2016 by Bifrost
#1564 Posted: 21:42:50 07/11/2016
Spyro has always been decent, but keep him out of Nightmare Mode(highest difficulty) in most games - the enemies in those modes punish close quarters and Spyro's dash and flight aren't really good at keeping him away from enemies. I think people mentioned he's buffed in Imaginators, and that being the newest game, you could try that, because he's also an NPC there( you can play as Spyro with Spyro helping you, unfortunately no secret dialogue).

Okay, cool. Thanks for your advice.
---
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#1565 Posted: 22:05:42 07/11/2016
In my opinion Spyro is pretty strong in Swap Force
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#1566 Posted: 00:04:22 08/11/2016
That's exactly what I am talking about. If anything the cartoon actually brought good old smilie back to his old roots and smilie is simply awesome. In fact say what you want haters, Crash finally appeared in an official cartoon and that is a win for everyone. Hope to see smilie someday.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#1567 Posted: 00:10:17 08/11/2016
lol Some of the Academy reviews on Netflix are hilarious. They're all complaints from classic fans that we've heard so many times based on their hatred for Skylanders and Skyro. And their "reviews" have nothing to do with the show at all.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:13:45 08/11/2016 by Aura24
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#1568 Posted: 00:15:13 08/11/2016
Quote: Aura24
lol Some of the Academy reviews on Netflix are hilarious. They're all complaints from classic fans that we've heard so many times based on their hatred for Skylanders and Skyro. And their "reviews" have nothing to do with the show at all.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Totally inaccurate! Not like characters sometimes go thorough redesigns! That has never happened before! Ever
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
#1569 Posted: 00:15:54 08/11/2016
First review seems to be from someone real high to have seen extra horns

Just mark them as not helpful and move on.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#1570 Posted: 00:27:52 08/11/2016
First review seems to be from someone real high to have seen extra horns

Just mark them as not helpful and move on.

Not only that, but he apparently was also quite unsure about Spyro being created before Skylanders.
So it's a pointless "review" from a super Spyro fan which didn't even knew when his series started.

Totally relevant.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:30:54 08/11/2016 by Drek95
#1571 Posted: 00:28:39 08/11/2016
The guy from the first one seems to be a pretty hardcore Spyro fan, since he had to go trough the Wiki to see that he was in other games before.
---
Bruh
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#1572 Posted: 00:30:15 08/11/2016

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

First one: Spyro does indeed only have 2 horns, and that is the case in all reboots and spinoffs, so that part makes zero sense. The rest is same old, same old.

Second one: Actually a Skylanders fan, not classic. But still, just a new cycle of disapproval due to character changes. Say hello to the new generation of haters: Games-only Skylanders fans.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#1573 Posted: 00:37:26 08/11/2016
The second one is actually from a classic fan. I managed to change the old one to the right screenshot at the last minute on my original post before the quotes, at least that's what I'm seeing on my end. Unless you guys are still seeing the old screenshot.
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 00:46:48 08/11/2016 by Aura24
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#1574 Posted: 01:16:37 08/11/2016
To be expected, I suppose.

I don't get the complaints about the main cast being "unrelatable" though. I mean not that I personally related to the situations, but that's not to say some people wouldn't.

Also I'm guessing most of those reviews are from people who didn't even bother watching it and just decided to leave negative comments because "WAH CHILDHOOD".
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:17:24 08/11/2016 by AdamGregory03
#1575 Posted: 01:16:40 08/11/2016
The second one is actually from a classic fan. I managed to change the old one to the right screenshot at the last minute on my original post before the quotes, at least that's what I'm seeing on my end. Unless you guys are still seeing the old screenshot.

Don't know, I see the correct one, the one talking about Hunter, Bianca and Sparx (who was also mispelled, such a great fan).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#1576 Posted: 01:21:00 08/11/2016
I knew I wasn't crazy X3

Quote: AdamGregory03

I don't get the complaints about the main cast being "unrelatable" though. I mean not that I personally related to the situations, but that's not to say some people wouldn't.

Also I'm guessing most of those reviews are from people who didn't even bother watching it and just decided to leave negative comments because "WAH CHILDHOOD".

That's what most of them do on all Skylanders related content.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:23:33 08/11/2016 by Aura24
#1577 Posted: 03:25:52 08/11/2016
Being relatable is overrated anyways. What you want is for a character to be entertaining while being able to get the audience to connect to them, whether relatable or not.
---
Eh.
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#1578 Posted: 04:29:09 08/11/2016
I was seeing something completely different when I started writing. Neither of those 2 pics you linked.

And like I said, it was complaining about the Skylanders being different from the games, and that people who had played the games wouldn't like the show.

EDIT: Grabbed a screenshot from Netflix, since I can't retrieve the original image link:
[User Posted Image]
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:34:20 08/11/2016 by Nightmoon
#1579 Posted: 04:37:53 08/11/2016
Yeah, someone doesn't know the definiton of a spinoff. Or can't accept the fact that not all characters will be the same throughout the media.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:13:57 08/11/2016 by Aura24
#1580 Posted: 09:54:23 08/11/2016
Oh, great, now we have people talking about Skylanders as if it were a 20 years old series just like Spyro or Crash.
Are 5 years/games enough to start creating the first nostalgics (and I mean nostalgics about the games in general, not the first entries)?

I mean, either this guy was 8 or so in 2011 and aged incredibly fast to already have childhood memories about Skylanders or it could have expressed his opinion without sounding like certain hardcore fans.

Activision could probably be more vocal about the series being non-canon, yet I found the number of non-Skylanders fans who already know about that to be quite impressive.
Many even enjoyed the show without even thinking about the games.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#1581 Posted: 13:11:23 08/11/2016
Skylanders haters enjoyd skylanders tv show? Well thats unusual.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#1582 Posted: 13:16:33 08/11/2016
Quote: omer1698
Skylanders haters enjoyd skylanders tv show? Well thats unusual.

Most people dislike Skylanders because of the Spyro thing and the whole "It's Physical DLC" aspect. This show is unrelated to those two things and is SUPER GOOD on top of that.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#1583 Posted: 15:35:34 08/11/2016
What I don't understand are the people who complain about Skylanders and their paywalls while they have a full collection of amiibo right behind them, some of which aren't even out of the box. Don't get me wrong, amiibo are cool, but they don't all do that much and keeping them in the box is kind of a waste. People I've seen who want more amiibo compatibility yet call Skylanders "happy meal toys" would actually love Skylanders if they gave it a try. I think that's the main problem here; too many people are judging the Skylanders series by its cover. While I agree SkySpyro does look strange compared to before, it's a fun game and a good tv show (from the 3 episodes I've seen). It's like saying I'll never play a Crash Bandicoot game because of how weird he looks
#1584 Posted: 15:39:59 08/11/2016
Quote: TrapShadowFan
What I don't understand are the people who complain about Skylanders and their paywalls while they have a full collection of amiibo right behind them, some of which aren't even out of the box. Don't get me wrong, amiibo are cool, but they don't all do that much and keeping them in the box is kind of a waste. People I've seen who want more amiibo compatibility yet call Skylanders "happy meal toys" would actually love Skylanders if they gave it a try. I think that's the main problem here; too many people are judging the Skylanders series by its cover. While I agree SkySpyro does look strange compared to before, it's a fun game and a good tv show (from the 3 episodes I've seen). It's like saying I'll never play a Crash Bandicoot game because of how weird he looks

To be fair, most people made that comment because of how the Superchargers figures looked in comparison to amiibo. Imaginators toys look WAY better now, but still.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#1585 Posted: 15:43:52 08/11/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
Quote: TrapShadowFan

To be fair, most people made that comment because of how the Superchargers figures looked in comparison to amiibo. Imaginators toys look WAY better now, but still.

Every time I told those people "trust me, Trap Team figures looked amazing, just give the next game a try," they were never willing to do it because apparently they don't need to play the game to know it's bad.
#1586 Posted: 16:34:37 08/11/2016
That and honestly Amiibos are way less interesting than Skylanders, as of now.
Don't think they remember progresses and are generally used to unlock costumes or extra features, and rarelly become full playable characters.

Infinity figures would be a better comparison, because they all love Disney figures and are willing to spend a lot of money on them... Only to find out that the actual games are way less enjoyable than Skylanders; but who cares, they have their Disney figures and that alone is super great, right?

Sometimes I feel like Skylanders is this generation Pokémon: at first everyone was either in love with them or straight up hated them and after 15 or so they became widely accepted and loved and are now part of the popular culture to the point the ones calling it "childish" and "dumb" are now considered to be small-minded.
Doubt Skylanders will reach those levels but I hope you got my point.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:35:20 08/11/2016 by Drek95
#1587 Posted: 17:18:51 08/11/2016
The new Animal Crossing update is the closest amiibo have got to TTL, since now some unlock villagers via Wisp, aside from the cards.

Well, it's as someone said a while ago(can't remember who), a lot of people like to hate more than they like to like. Stomping on someone else's fun because it's not your fun makes you ignore your own insecurity.
---
flarewolf 34 Blue Sparx Gems: 576
#1588 Posted: 04:29:04 10/11/2016
I knew I wasn't crazy X3

Quote: AdamGregory03

That's what most of them do on all Skylanders related content.

i`m glad you are one of the old spyro fans that are not skylander haters i need to do a survey sometime
---
my youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ1A12cTLUPE1rLewjqX5Bw?view_as=subscriber
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#1589 Posted: 05:38:31 11/11/2016
That feeling when you don't have Netflix
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#1590 Posted: 07:47:13 11/11/2016
That feeling when you want Netflix but waste your free month because Academy is the only thing you could binge watch :c

No, seriously, it's so hard for me to stop and watch a bunch of stuff on a weekend, I multitask so much. I'll try seeing some movies I always missed on rental stores today or tomorrow, but I'll have to cancel it after all since it's too much for too little use :c
---
#1591 Posted: 19:28:01 11/11/2016
*Go and support the official release of Skylanders Academy on Netflix*
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:35:22 11/11/2016 by TheToyNerd
#1592 Posted: 19:33:09 11/11/2016
Any mention of the site is enough to be removed by the mods or admin too, Toy. o.o
---
#1593 Posted: 19:40:51 11/11/2016
I thought we could mention it? In S&N it went by easy; but I guess it's a fine line in a kids' section since they'll think it's fine to discuss it openly instead of just a vague "it's in the place with the illegal animu".

But yes support the official release. Give Eric love on twitter too.
---
#1594 Posted: 19:45:53 11/11/2016
A few of us mentioned the site, but then we got an MM for simply mentioning the name.
---
#1595 Posted: 19:46:09 11/11/2016
Now ToyNerd's post seems hilariously out of place and confusing if you didn't saw the unedited version.
---
Bruh
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#1596 Posted: 19:49:35 11/11/2016

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

so they whineing on spyro but nothing on the show?
i think that academy spyro look a little closer to the original then game spyro.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#1597 Posted: 21:25:55 11/11/2016
Golden Queen is actually a bit attractive in the cartoon?
I mean I joked along with everyone else in calling her a Golden Waifu though honestly never actually thinking she was but she's more attractive here then she ever actually was in the games or figure.... only my opinion. Wish she'd look like this in game, she looks a bit more actual human and less solid gold.

Anyhow I just started watching the show last night and finished the show in the afternoon. It's better then I expected but I think it'd be nice if it focused on more characters other then just Spyro and his team. Always like Stealth Elf and all but Oddly i'm finding Eruptor to be a 2nd favorite of the main cast. Because he's also sorta playing the "straight" character in a lot of the scenes and not the "Sonic Boom" Knuckles idiot we expected him to be as also in the case of him in Imaginators. Yet Eruptor in the games is also among my most hated skylander characters of all time in the games.

Annoyed that Hex failed in the first episode as she is among my top ten favorite skylanders also I think Crash should have actually been a bit idiotic but with a good heart

Overall I enjoy the show though.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:27:10 11/11/2016 by Street50
#1598 Posted: 21:39:32 11/11/2016
She can't really be more human in the games, she's an animated statue.

Well, they managed to not make a single lava barf joke with Eruptor - in fact, they did it with his explosions, without the whole fake gross factor and much funnier.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:40:01 11/11/2016 by Bifrost
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#1599 Posted: 15:50:53 13/11/2016
Yeh i know right! the lava barf joke got really old, back in SSA they ruined his eruption attack by making lava barf jokes.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#1600 Posted: 15:57:16 13/11/2016
The joke itself wasn't bad, it's how they drove it into the ground. The first ad on it was hilarious since the point was that the Skylanders were getting excited at something you expect Eruptor to do anyway; but when it becomes 'hahaha, look, he has indigestion!' it's just kiddy gross humor.
---
First | Previous | Page 32 of 58 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 56 57 58

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me