First | Previous | Page 3 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Skylanders TV Series
Mister Chompy Green Sparx Gems: 211
#101 Posted: 17:16:03 07/11/2015
It better have bobcat goldthwait, Tom kenny, Patrick warburton, and Richard horvitz voice acting in it. (Pop fizz, stink bomb, flynn, and kaos respectively)
---
Pop Fizz just might be the best skylander ever. Even with a tuba.
G2nt Yellow Sparx Gems: 1130
#102 Posted: 17:35:42 07/11/2015
Quote: Mister Chompy
It better have Cree Summer, Cree Summer, Cree Summer, and Cree Summer voice acting in it.

fixed
---
Boop!
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#103 Posted: 18:33:38 07/11/2015
Quote: Aura24
[User Posted Image]

Just in case anyone didn't see the picture.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#104 Posted: 19:47:22 07/11/2015
[User Posted Image]

Just in case anyone didn't see the picture.

Where was this found?
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#105 Posted: 19:53:10 07/11/2015
Now people are complaining that the TV Show is too much. That it's milking the franchise.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#106 Posted: 20:05:51 07/11/2015
Why do you feel we need to know every single complaint about it? Most people here don't even care if others don't like it;I certainly don't, I'll wait for a pilot to judge.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#107 Posted: 20:13:38 07/11/2015
Quote: ninja9351
Where was this found?

IGN blog on the Skylanders tv show news and Call of Duty movie.

http://ign.com/articles/2015/1...ion-film-studio
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:14:58 07/11/2015 by Aura24
#108 Posted: 20:13:41 07/11/2015
Beacuse they are saying the franchise is getting "Milked" with a TV Show.
#109 Posted: 20:19:48 07/11/2015
Skylanders has been milked since Giants. But the complaint is long overdue especially if they're starting to complain about it right after the tv show was announced. Shouldn't bother anyone though, not worth the time or attention.
---
#110 Posted: 20:21:27 07/11/2015
Quote: KeybasHedKey
Beacuse they are saying the franchise is getting "Milked" with a TV Show.

And why should you care? For all you know they probably aren't even a big fan and are just looking for something to whine about. You'll end up getting upset over a lot of unecessary,forgettable stuff if you keep taking every opposing opinion as a big deal and something you need to argue against.
---
#111 Posted: 20:25:27 07/11/2015
Skylanders has been milked since Giants. But the complaint is long overdue especially if they're starting to complain about it right after the tv show was announced. Shouldn't bother anyone though, not worth the time or attention.

Like everyonethat says that everything is Popluar is getting "milked".

Really the TV Show doesn't hurt anyone...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:26:02 07/11/2015 by KeybasHedKey
#112 Posted: 20:28:19 07/11/2015
Quote: KeybasHedKey

Like everyonethat says that everything is Popluar is getting "milked".

Really the TV Show doesn't hurt anyone...

Then the complaints shouldn't bother you, right?
---
#113 Posted: 20:34:50 07/11/2015
The Milking thing is an excuse that people use beacuse, they see it everywhere.

It's annoying that people go nuts beacuse of it's getting a TV show.
#114 Posted: 20:39:27 07/11/2015
I noticed that any big opinion you don't agree with happens to be annoying. I'm not saying this because I don't want a discussion over this,I'm saying it because you're giving too much attention to things that wouldn't ever bother you otherwise and that gets people stressed out real quick if they don't learn to let some stuff go.
---
CelesteInk Blue Sparx Gems: 595
#115 Posted: 20:39:40 07/11/2015
Personally, I thought a tv series where it's just one or two episodes for each character would have been better. We'd get to see all the backstories to our favorites, it would be great. They could have even used this as a way to confirm new characters. I'll still give this a chance though. It's about time Skylanders gets a tv series.
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#116 Posted: 21:00:35 07/11/2015
Quote: Sleepy0429
Could this be the first time in forever there will be Nintendo characters in a cartoon? What if like Smash Bros the new characters and guest stars for Sky6 get revealed through the show?

Well...first time since Kirby & F-Zero ( I really wish they finished the dub there...or at least that I could find the full series subbed ), though don't forget that Pokemon is still around ( I gave up on watching Pokemon ages ago tbh...can't stand Team Rocket anymore, and Ash is still an idiot )

Now I want Nintendo to do a Smash Bros cartoon, like Skylanders but having the heroes visiting each others' worlds to help against the combined threats of Nintendo villains smilie
Hawksey128 Blue Sparx Gems: 994
#117 Posted: 23:34:21 07/11/2015
Everyone starts talking about the franchise being milked as I drink milk :/
---
I'm going to tell you right now.
BUY smilie
EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH THIS IS A POINTLESS EDITION TO A SIGNATURE I DUNNO
#118 Posted: 23:42:19 07/11/2015
A Spyro reddit thread literally exploded with rage and salt when they saw that Spyro was going to be in the Skylanders tv show.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#119 Posted: 23:45:55 07/11/2015
A Spyro reddit thread literally exploded with rage and salt when they saw that Spyro was going to be in the Skylanders tv show.

So what else is new on the internet?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#120 Posted: 23:49:27 07/11/2015
[User Posted Image]

I for one accept having him appear at all instead of never.
---
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#121 Posted: 23:54:50 07/11/2015
Quote: Bifrost

Let's take Spyro out and replace him with the Superior Gill Grunt. We could have an episode where all twenty Gill Grunts are just standing around, talking. Maybe we'll actually get an episode where some kind of cloning device glitches and we get 42 different Gill Grunts.
#122 Posted: 23:57:41 07/11/2015
[User Posted Image]

I agree, wonder if they'll give Spyro the same screentime as in the comics.

And there's also the theme song. Wonder what it's going to be like.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#123 Posted: 00:15:21 08/11/2015
Just checked the Spyro subreddit. My my what temper tantrum.

As for the theme it'll likely be something instrumental.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#124 Posted: 00:28:12 08/11/2015

[User Posted Image]

I had to. I'm sorry, I couldn't help it.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#125 Posted: 00:28:30 08/11/2015
I wish they used the SSA theme again. It's sometimes labeled as the series theme but it hasn't been used even there since the hub themes are all remixes.
---
#126 Posted: 00:37:27 08/11/2015
Quote: UncleBob

Let's take Spyro out and replace him with the Superior Gill Grunt. We could have an episode where all twenty Gill Grunts are just standing around, talking. Maybe we'll actually get an episode where some kind of cloning device glitches and we get 42 different Gill Grunts.

I know you're joking dude, but PLEASE DON'T JINX IT!!!
---
Check this out! Please?
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3367
#127 Posted: 00:47:50 08/11/2015
Quote: fairyland
I had a strong feeling this would happen and it'd not be what anyone wanted. Skylanders Academy reeks of being a school show like Monster High or the brand new DC Super Hero Girls which is set in college. Both are only a few minutes long and are not very good.

Best that we can hope for is something like Sonic Boom where they have 5 main characters doing Teen Titans Go type randomness. Not true to the real characters but it's really popular these days.

I was hoping for something close to Adventure Time fantasy/adventure/humor or even My Little Pony but I think that's expecting way too much. (I'm a huge animation fan, it is a passion of mine. I will watch nearly anything animated at least once so I tend to know a lot of animated shows that are out there. )

Anyway this basically confirms a Sky 6 game to me. Not that there was any doubt about it happening but no one had confirmed one either.

I for one LOVE Sonic Boom better than the other two. Both those other shows are overused, gross, and hideous for my eyesight.

No offense!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#128 Posted: 03:51:35 08/11/2015
About the theme song, I think that the best is to switch the theme and opening for each season, featuring the characters from the last game. As a example, the first season could use SuperChargers theme while the opening features the SuperChargers characters.
---
Bruh
#129 Posted: 03:58:59 08/11/2015
Quote: Crash10
About the theme song, I think that the best is to switch the theme and opening for each season, featuring the characters from the last game. As a example, the first season could use SuperChargers theme while the opening features the SuperChargers characters.

Again, it sepends on the age they're ging to aim towards - I'm guessing we'll get a theme with lyrics, but I'd much prefer using instrumentals from the game (or an original creation in the style of the game). Perhaps with an introduction by Eon similar to Avatar/Korra or what they've done with Power Rangers of late.
#130 Posted: 04:04:08 08/11/2015
Quote: UncleBob

Again, it sepends on the age they're ging to aim towards - I'm guessing we'll get a theme with lyrics, but I'd much prefer using instrumentals from the game (or an original creation in the style of the game). Perhaps with an introduction by Eon similar to Avatar/Korra or what they've done with Power Rangers of late.

By some explanation by the Disney guy that works in the Studio, the series is aimed towards the entire family. He said that he wants to see his 7 years old son watching, his 13 years old daughter watching, and himself watching. This probably means, it's aimed to all ages. Kids will probably be the main target, but adults can enjoy.
---
Bruh
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#131 Posted: 04:10:27 08/11/2015
attack on Titan like intro please
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#132 Posted: 04:17:46 08/11/2015
Other toughs:

• I wonder if they will do Special Dates episodes, like Halloween or Christmas episodes. Obviously, Halloween ones will be centered around Undead Skylanders, and maybe the rest will include the Variants.
  • Speaking of witch, I wonder if the Variants will appear in some form. Maybe they are considered non-canon.
---
Bruh
#133 Posted: 04:19:53 08/11/2015
If that is what they honestly want, then I hope everyone involved in the show sits down and watches The Last Airbender before they put pen to paper for the first episode of Skylanders. I know I've brought the series up a lot, but, honestly, the series is probably the best thing to come from American-produced animation ever. The folks who worked on that show managed to weave action, adventure, comedy, romance, and drama together in such a way that my *wife* ended up having me buy the series on DVD so that she could watch it from beginning to end with me, instead of the snippets she caught when I watched it on the DVR. My wife's top three shows right now are probably The Voice, Grey's Anatomy, and Graceland. For her to not just be *willing* to watch a cartoon with me, but to actually *want* to watch it - that says a *lot* about how "for the entire family" the show managed to be.

If they really want to go this route, then I implore them to take their time with the series, create a Series Bible, plot out the first few seasons and make sure everyone (writers, animators, producers, overlords at Activision, and the folks in charge of whatever network they end up on) are all on the exact same page as to the goal and vision of the series so we don't end up with the fuster cluck that happened with Korra while it was airing.
#134 Posted: 04:20:57 08/11/2015
For theme songs, one of three options:
1. Original.
2. Licensed pop song song.
3. Whatever Skylanders theme they choose.

Also, I just realized, does anyone think the Doom Raiders will be involved in this, or is it too early to guess?
---
Check this out! Please?
#135 Posted: 04:24:46 08/11/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
For theme songs, one of three options:
1. Original.
2. Licensed pop song song.
3. Whatever Skylanders theme they choose.

Also, I just realized, does anyone think the Doom Raiders will be involved in this, or is it too early to guess?

Hopefully all villains seen in the games make an appearance in the series.
---
#136 Posted: 04:27:23 08/11/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03

Well, I think that the Doom Raiders will appear sometime, along with other Trappable Villains. But Kaos will take the main villain role from the start. It's just a prediction.
---
Bruh
#137 Posted: 05:37:49 08/11/2015
New villains can appear too, probably tv-exclusive.
---
#138 Posted: 05:47:42 08/11/2015
New villains can appear too, probably tv-exclusive.

I generally don't like these characters created outside of the main media of the franchise. The majority go too much out of the characters style in the original material. Maybe the fact that it's first party developed, it can be better.
---
Bruh
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#139 Posted: 07:10:32 08/11/2015
I think the changed VAs are because the game had video game people, not TV people.
Sort of like how the animated trailers have different VAs.
---
#all Spyros are valid
#140 Posted: 07:53:58 08/11/2015
I would be surprised if some of the Skylanders and characters kept their voice actors from the games. Kaos will very much likely keep his, since Richard Horvitz is among the voice cast.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 09:48:08 08/11/2015 by Aura24
#141 Posted: 11:58:25 08/11/2015
Quote: Okaps
I think the changed VAs are because the game had video game people, not TV people.

Actually,pretty sure most of the Skylanders voice actor also do animated shows, or anime. A lot of them are video games mostly,but with the sheer number it's very significant the amount that does just about any animated thing.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#142 Posted: 12:46:02 08/11/2015
Other toughs:

• I wonder if they will do Special Dates episodes, like Halloween or Christmas episodes. Obviously, Halloween ones will be centered around Undead Skylanders, and maybe the rest will include the Variants.
  • Speaking of witch, I wonder if the Variants will appear in some form. Maybe they are considered non-canon.

All variants are a alter ego/form on the respective Skylander, not a separate being. I would say it's likely we'll see some of them, Dark Spyro is by far the most likely.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#143 Posted: 14:31:10 08/11/2015
I'm also doubting many would simply say "no" to a regular job. The decision not to include certain voice actors is probably 100% related to cost.
#144 Posted: 14:44:31 08/11/2015
Unions could also be involved, because they didn't seem to have much issue in calling the VAs back for Trap Team just to say 'Excellent","Whoohoo!" and "Oh yeah!". But I really have no knowledge on that,just that they have a say on what companies or media the actors can work on.
---
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#145 Posted: 17:29:39 08/11/2015
Quote: Okaps

Actually,pretty sure most of the Skylanders voice actor also do animated shows, or anime. A lot of them are video games mostly,but with the sheer number it's very significant the amount that does just about any animated thing.

Very true. I mean Spitfire is voiced by Diedrich Bader, who also does lot of other voices including Batman on Brave & the Bold. If you IMDB most of the VAs from the games you'll find a ton of moments where you're like "holy crap, (character name here) was THAT guy?"
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#146 Posted: 18:05:17 08/11/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Norm Macdonald

I just listened to this....Glumshanks's new voice is going to be really jarring. I feel like he might even have a different personality, considering the type of voice they're going with...
---
Boop me if you see this.
#147 Posted: 18:12:30 08/11/2015
Quote: ChillStealthElf

Very true. I mean Spitfire is voiced by Diedrich Bader, who also does lot of other voices including Batman on Brave & the Bold. If you IMDB most of the VAs from the games you'll find a ton of moments where you're like "holy crap, (character name here) was THAT guy?"

Dr. Krankcase and Raiden from the MGS series have the same voice actor. Yup,you heard that right.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:12:59 08/11/2015 by Bifrost
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#148 Posted: 20:36:44 08/11/2015
I wish they used the SSA theme again. It's sometimes labeled as the series theme but it hasn't been used even there since the hub themes are all remixes.

I'm willing to bet that's a cost cutting measure to avoid paying royalties to Hans Zimmer. Yes he runs the production studio that handles Lorne Balfe's scores (Remote Control Productions) but they'd still need to pay him the use the song.

And neither of them do TV scores anyway (just the occasional miniseries), so I wouldn't expect any music that's similar to what we hear in the games.

I would be surprised if some of the Skylanders and characters kept their voice actors from the games. Kaos will very much likely keep his, since Richard Horvitz is among the voice cast.

I don't really see what the big deal is about Skylanders VA's. I don't own the games and I can very easy tell that the Skylanders are never the focal point of the games' plots and their lines are as trivial as the voice grunting of the Mario series. It's more about the interactions between the NPCs and villains so those would be the VA's to keep. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#149 Posted: 21:11:42 08/11/2015
I'm just sad they don't give spyro his own game yet I'm from the legend era
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#150 Posted: 21:15:09 08/11/2015
Quote: HIR

I don't really see what the big deal is about Skylanders VA's. I don't own the games and I can very easy tell that the Skylanders are never the focal point of the games' plots and their lines are as trivial as the voice grunting of the Mario series. It's more about the interactions between the NPCs and villains so those would be the VA's to keep. <.<;

Well, they always talk in the games, just never in cutscenes and whatever(and even then,the Superchargers now interact with NPCs during their quests). It's actually rare when a character just voice grunts. Only SSA had them talk gibberish,now they have scripted moments to shout out a one-liner or comment.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:15:26 08/11/2015 by Bifrost
First | Previous | Page 3 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me