First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Skylanders TV Series
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#51 Posted: 23:12:35 06/11/2015
The series is called "skylanders academy " according to activisions Twitter . I think we're gonna be using skylanders academy as the main hub in games for a long time.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#52 Posted: 23:17:31 06/11/2015
Brought that up last page,it's also the same setting the comics have been using since last year.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#53 Posted: 23:23:54 06/11/2015
Something that I hope is that all Skylanders get a good importance in at least some episodes. But, by the numbers, they can only do that with at least two whole seasons.

I also expect to have a good voice acting in my country. Generally the guys here make cartoons well, so I'm confident.
---
Bruh
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#54 Posted: 23:30:35 06/11/2015
The episodes could start either in different areas of Skylands where the episode setting is, or at the Academy until the Skylanders are assigned their missions.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#55 Posted: 23:32:15 06/11/2015
Ok that's GREAT news to me (hoping they will keep the same levels as the comics and SuperChargers).

And it's CGI too!
I'm not expecting Trap Team's trailers quality levels but they could use in-game models and I would be absolutely happy.
Or they could also go for regular cutscenes models.

I guess we can also count Buzz, Flynn, Kaos, Cali, Tessa and Eon in as well.
Maybe also Persephone, Brock, Sharpfin, Mags and so on.

Really hoping to see more of old villains as well, particularly the Doom Raiders.
Feeling cautiously positive as of now. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#56 Posted: 23:33:39 06/11/2015
Quote: Aura24
The episodes could start either in different areas of Skylands where the episode setting is, or at the Academy until the Skylanders are assigned their missions.

For me, it will work like the Titan Tower or something of Teen Titans. I mean, they're here good part of the episodes, and go to other places during the episodes.
---
Bruh
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#57 Posted: 23:45:07 06/11/2015
IMHO, the ideal way to handle the franchise as a cartoon at this point would be at write the series as 11-minute episodes (Adventure Time, Steven Universe, etc.). Have two teams, one creating the A-Story. This will be an on-going storyline that keeps a continuity between episodes. 'Filler' episodes would be kept to a minimum.

At the same time, a second team will work to create Origin episodes, 11-minute stories that focus on one (sometimes two) characters and how they came to be Skylanders. Generally,you'd run one A-Story and one Origion Story episodes together to fill a half-hour time slot, but for special events (and DVD releases), you could pair them however. You'd have characters appear in the A Story before their origin episode, but that's okay.

Usually, the origin episodes will be completely separate from the A Story, but every so often, an artifact or secondary character could be intertwined in both. Imagine - A story has Kaos going after some item with lots of power. Episode ends on a cliff hanger. Origin episode for Double Trouble reveals that he was once forced to work for Kaos, created this item, but used it to free himself and others, catching the eye of Eon and becoming a Skylander. Next A Story episode comes on and Eon calls in Duble Trouble due to his history with the artifact... Not a lot of episodes like that, but a few sprinkled in.
#58 Posted: 23:47:59 06/11/2015
11-minute stories would just kill a lot of the character interactions. I'd be all for 22-minute with several small plot arcs in a season; gives time to finish the story without throwing in tons of cliffhangers and little progression.
---
#59 Posted: 23:55:00 06/11/2015
Quote: Bifrost
11-minute stories would just kill a lot of the character interactions. I'd be all for 22-minute with several small plot arcs in a season; gives time to finish the story without throwing in tons of cliffhangers and little progression.

I don't think anyone has had such a complaint about Steven Universe and its 11-minute episodes...
#60 Posted: 23:57:57 06/11/2015
Haven't had the time to watch SU yet, more used to MLP and anime :I Though I remember Adventure Time not having too much trouble with 11 minutes,but two-parters got more and more common as the plot got more complex so dunno.
---
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#61 Posted: 23:59:01 06/11/2015
All I want is Blastermind to be in the show. Maybe Bowser and Donkey Kong, too, but I highly doubt Nintendo would give them such rights.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#62 Posted: 00:07:56 07/11/2015
Could this be the first time in forever there will be Nintendo characters in a cartoon? What if like Smash Bros the new characters and guest stars for Sky6 get revealed through the show?
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:08:15 07/11/2015 by Sleepy0429
#63 Posted: 00:14:26 07/11/2015
Haven't had the time to watch SU yet, more used to MLP and anime :I Though I remember Adventure Time not having too much trouble with 11 minutes,but two-parters got more and more common as the plot got more complex so dunno.

It really depends on where Activision wants to target the audience. If they want younger kids, they'll go for more of the MLP after-school special format with over-the-top, generic stereotyped characters that have no deep emotional development through the series. I figure this is more what we're in fore. A group of Skylanders will be doing stuff, Kaos shows up with a new plan-of-the-dat, they fight, good guys win, and the episode ends with status quo.

I'll be disappointed if this is the case though. US animation has come so far since these days. While I enjoy the goofyrandomhumor of something like Teen Titans Go!, if they want to develop something that's meant to tell a story, I really hope they can take a page from shows such as the 90's X-Men, Adventure Time, Avatar, Justice League/Unlimited, and more amazingly, the 200X MotU revival.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#64 Posted: 00:14:30 07/11/2015
Okay, guys, just hear me out here: What if, since this series is apparently going to be called "Skylanders Academy", it's about new Skylander recruits and introduces us to characters we'll be seeing in the next game?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#65 Posted: 00:15:22 07/11/2015
I think that 11-minute episodes is better, so they can just make 2/3/don't know-parts for story arches.

I prefer the "one episode story" style, similar to the recent Cartoon Network cartoons. Like, I almost don't watch TV, so this style is something that I see better. You don't need to watch every episode to know what's happening (besides the little arches).

Also, I like to see some balance between the action/adventure and the comedy. These are the perfect genres for a Skylanders cartoon.
---
Bruh
#66 Posted: 00:16:35 07/11/2015
Quote: Sleepy0429
Could this be the first time in forever there will be Nintendo characters in a cartoon? What if like Smash Bros the new characters and guest stars for Sky6 get revealed through the show?

Donkey Kong Country was a cartoon... And ones we don't remember as fondly like the Super Mario Bros. Super Show or the Zelda one.

Quote: UncleBob

It really depends on where Activision wants to target the audience. If they want younger kids, they'll go for more of the MLP after-school special format with over-the-top, generic stereotyped characters that have no deep emotional development through the series. I figure this is more what we're in fore.

You don't... Really watch MLP, I can tell. Season 1 you could make an argument,but the series pretty much survives on continuity and character development now. It's a slice-of-life with two or three parters at the ends and starts of seasons.
---
#67 Posted: 00:21:46 07/11/2015
A loonnnggg time ago.
---
#68 Posted: 00:28:17 07/11/2015
You don't... Really watch MLP, I can tell. Season 1 you could make an argument,but the series pretty much survives on continuity and character development now. It's a slice-of-life with two or three parters at the ends and starts of seasons.

I binge-watched seasn 1 back when the entire Internet was convinced the show was the second coming of Jesus. It was... not good. It wasn't complete crap, but the characters and writing were so one dimensional that it could have been a leftover 80s cartoon if not for the cheap and unimaginative flash animation used for the series. I think I have some resentment towards it because animation has come so far since the 80s (see: Avatar as a prime example), that for MLP to be getting so much attention... It's like a new restaurant opens in town using fresh ingredients, new recipes and homemade everything, but all anyone talks about is how good McDonald's is.

I haven't touched the show since then. If you say it's gotten better, then it probably has. It can't have gotten worse.
#69 Posted: 00:34:14 07/11/2015
It got muuuch better in my opinion. Most people will probably say I betrayed Lauren Faust or whatever,but the other writers seem to have decided to make a job out of pushing the line as far as possible to show fans they care(sometimes too much), and the morals started hitting waay close to home for older people too. One that definately hits is actually a moral for kids about letting your pets die peacefully; because of Hasbro they can't actually show that,but they masterfully wrote around it to make the issue less lethal but still having the same impact.
There are also actual action scenes now but they're really left for the odd fandom pandering episode or two-parter.
Either way,slice of life unfortunately doesn't fit Skylanders as much. Not much because they don't have the personalities for one,but they seem to work 24/7, and they'd only have so many breaks per week from missions.
---
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#70 Posted: 00:46:30 07/11/2015
I wonder why it took them so long to finally greenlight a Skylanders cartoon. I feel like this should've been a no-brainer ever since the first game was a hit.

Anyway, I just hope the show doesn't end up pure comedy like Sonic Boom. Keep it on the same level as the games and we'll be good, though it'd be nice if it was closer to the comics.
---
Boop me if you see this.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#71 Posted: 00:55:09 07/11/2015
Wow, great news! I have always wanted to know more about the skylanders, let's hope the cartoon will provide a deeper insight. Hopefully all skylanders will eventually make an appearance sooner or later.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#72 Posted: 01:12:05 07/11/2015
burning bad

silent, but call me maybe
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#73 Posted: 01:20:03 07/11/2015
Quote: Muffin Man
I wonder why it took them so long to finally greenlight a Skylanders cartoon. I feel like this should've been a no-brainer ever since the first game was a hit.

Anyway, I just hope the show doesn't end up pure comedy like Sonic Boom. Keep it on the same level as the games and we'll be good, though it'd be nice if it was closer to the comics.

very much agreed.
skyfan124 Blue Sparx Gems: 734
#74 Posted: 01:34:16 07/11/2015
Sorry if this was answered, but what channel would it play on?
---
smilie+smilie=SMASH-BLAST
Let's Rock+Ready, Set, Glow=Ready, Let's Glow
#75 Posted: 01:38:31 07/11/2015
Quote: skyfan124

I heard Cartoon Network and Netflix, but I can't confirm.

Just as a note, Richard Horvitz is the only confirmed that plays a character in the games (Kaos), and I think that it's pretty obvious what character he's voicing, even if Activision didn't said.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:48:44 07/11/2015 by Crash10
#76 Posted: 01:41:07 07/11/2015
ashley tisdale at stealth elf?

why? why do bad things happen to good fanbases?
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#77 Posted: 01:46:59 07/11/2015
Omg im so excited! I was not expecting this from them.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#78 Posted: 01:52:09 07/11/2015
Quote: ZapNorris
ashley tisdale at stealth elf?

why? why do bad things happen to good fanbases?

I, too, can't stand Ashley Tisdale. Being the voice of Candance (or Candy as I prefer to call her for short) Flynn makes me despise her. I'm hoping that Cali and Tessa will also appear.
#79 Posted: 02:04:01 07/11/2015
Quote: Crash10

Just as a note, Richard Horvitz is the only confirmed that plays a character in the games (Kaos), and I think that it's pretty obvious what character he's voicing, even if Activision didn't said.

No network has been announced yet for the series.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#80 Posted: 02:18:24 07/11/2015

Oh sorry. I remember seeing it somewhere in the forum. But these channels would be a good idea.
---
Bruh
#81 Posted: 03:08:48 07/11/2015
Cartoon Network is where a lot of spin-off TV shows are, such as Sonic Boom, Ninjago, How To Train Your Dragon: Riders Of Berk, and a lot more, so I think it is safe to bet that you can find them there.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#82 Posted: 03:10:29 07/11/2015

Oh sorry. I remember seeing it somewhere in the forum. But these channels would be a good idea.

That was just me guessing where it will be aired. Disney is obviously not gonna take it and Nick just isn't fit for it. CN or Netflix are my best guesses.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#83 Posted: 03:20:43 07/11/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

That was just me guessing where it will be aired. Disney is obviously not gonna take it and Nick just isn't fit for it. CN or Netflix are my best guesses.

Ok. I'm just thinking when it will be released in Netflix. Maybe they release a season after it ends?
---
Bruh
#84 Posted: 03:58:04 07/11/2015
Please God, not Netflix. I don't have it. I would literally die if I couldn't watch it.
---
#85 Posted: 04:24:50 07/11/2015
Quote: Chompy-King257
Please God, not Netflix. I don't have it. I would literally die if I couldn't watch it.

Well, you can still watch it in the TV. We're not saying Netflix exclusive, just available in the service. Also, I think that Netflix is very cheap (at least in my country).
---
Bruh
#86 Posted: 04:50:47 07/11/2015
Quote: Chompy-King257

skylanders and chill
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#87 Posted: 05:01:35 07/11/2015
I hope this show will be great and won't try to capitalize on stupid humor. I can't say what shows they are, but there are two shows I know that I seriously hope this show doesn't go down.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#88 Posted: 05:07:37 07/11/2015
Script leak!

--

Skylanders GO!

Episode 1

Wrecking Ball's dream

Script

Chill: It was the good night!

WB: *makes noises*

Spyro: Yeah I love you too

Chill: What was that?

Spyro: Nothing!

--
Calling it now guys.
---
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#89 Posted: 09:06:53 07/11/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons

very much agreed.

or they dont use the money where they should, activision just wasted 6 billion on candy crush this week.

Quote: AdamGregory03
Okay, guys, just hear me out here: What if, since this series is apparently going to be called "Skylanders Academy", it's about new Skylander recruits and introduces us to characters we'll be seeing in the next game?

i dunno how i would feel about that, but if they did that a year before reveal, it would take away a bit of the excitement.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:12:37 07/11/2015 by TTD
#90 Posted: 09:16:34 07/11/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone
Quote: TakeYourLemons

very much agreed.

or they dont use the money where they should, activision just wasted 6 billion on candy crush this week.

They obviously got quite enough money to hire an experienced development team and celebrity voice cast, that's for sure.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:11:20 12/12/2015 by Aura24
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#91 Posted: 09:24:34 07/11/2015
Great news. This is long overdue.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#92 Posted: 11:33:03 07/11/2015
Considering the purchase of King, this one was a drop in the bucket for them - and should the WoW movie be sucessful, this will be treated with even more care.

I wonder if we'll get a pilot anytime soon, though? I recall one coming out with the Sonic Boom announcement a looong time before the show was out.
---
#93 Posted: 11:42:48 07/11/2015
Pilot episode won't be out until sometime in Q2 2016.
---
#94 Posted: 12:32:27 07/11/2015

It's saying 'Initial Delivery on Q2 2016' in the picture, doesn't that mean the first season? Pilots get done way before that.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:32:44 07/11/2015 by Bifrost
#95 Posted: 13:18:44 07/11/2015

It's saying 'Initial Delivery on Q2 2016' in the picture, doesn't that mean the first season? Pilots get done way before that.

What picture exactly? I've never seen that picture.

Anyway, at least a trailer will be good, showing a scene of the show, like the first Sonic Boom trailer.
---
Bruh
#96 Posted: 13:25:07 07/11/2015
It's on the last page, the big one with a SC screenshot.
---
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#97 Posted: 15:02:40 07/11/2015
I had a strong feeling this would happen and it'd not be what anyone wanted. Skylanders Academy reeks of being a school show like Monster High or the brand new DC Super Hero Girls which is set in college. Both are only a few minutes long and are not very good.

Best that we can hope for is something like Sonic Boom where they have 5 main characters doing Teen Titans Go type randomness. Not true to the real characters but it's really popular these days.

I was hoping for something close to Adventure Time fantasy/adventure/humor or even My Little Pony but I think that's expecting way too much. (I'm a huge animation fan, it is a passion of mine. I will watch nearly anything animated at least once so I tend to know a lot of animated shows that are out there. )

Anyway this basically confirms a Sky 6 game to me. Not that there was any doubt about it happening but no one had confirmed one either.
---
Stay Cool!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#98 Posted: 15:07:32 07/11/2015
Quote: fairyland
I had a strong feeling this would happen and it'd not be what anyone wanted. Skylanders Academy reeks of being a school show like Monster High or the brand new DC Super Hero Girls which is set in college. Both are only a few minutes long and are not very good.

Best that we can hope for is something like Sonic Boom where they have 5 main characters doing Teen Titans Go type randomness. Not true to the real characters but it's really popular these days.

I was hoping for something close to Adventure Time fantasy/adventure/humor or even My Little Pony but I think that's expecting way too much. (I'm a huge animation fan, it is a passion of mine. I will watch nearly anything animated at least once so I tend to know a lot of animated shows that are out there. )

Anyway this basically confirms a Sky 6 game to me. Not that there was any doubt about it happening but no one had confirmed one either.

You didn't see the promotion picture, didn't you?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Skylandskid Blue Sparx Gems: 721
#99 Posted: 15:48:12 07/11/2015
O. My. GLOB!!
---
rest in peace, Dreamcatcher
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me