Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
The Official Skylanders Music Topic
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#1 Posted: 06:39:11 01/11/2015 | Topic Creator

After some topics to discuss Skylanders music in certain parts, I decided to create a general topic to discuss the music from the series. Use this topic for general conversation about anything regarding the music from skylanders (both in and out of the games).

The Unreleased Songs
All Stock Songs
---
Bruh
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:29:48 02/09/2016 by Crash10
#2 Posted: 22:17:53 09/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Just finished hearing the orchestral score of Swap Force (the only one that I didn't hear). It's my least favorite soundtrack of the series overall, but it's still good. My personal favorites include Canopy Climb, Serpent's Peak and Motherly Mayhem.
---
Bruh
#3 Posted: 22:46:23 09/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Drawdler
I've bought the OSTs for the first four games. Musically, TT is my favourite, both in terms of OST album and the ingame mixes. There are a number of SC songs that I like, but I think the selection for the OST album is kind of poor, which is why I'm not buying it.

I heard all five games, and my favorites are SA, TT and SC. They all have great tracks at it's majority (or at total). G and SF have great tracks too, but they're not my favorites.
---
Bruh
#4 Posted: 22:23:11 30/11/2015 | Topic Creator
The website Video Game Music Online made reviews for all five games' orchestral scores. Here's the link for each one's reviews and ratings (in stars), for those who not want to see the full review:

---
Bruh
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#5 Posted: 22:28:29 30/11/2015
Keep in mind they're reviewing the CD soundtracks,and only those tracks,so all repeat tracks and the amazing indoors/battle themes we came to know later on are excluded on this.
So is the fact Iron Jaw Gulch never plays for more than 30 seconds ingame.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:28:50 30/11/2015 by Bifrost
#6 Posted: 22:32:29 30/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Keep in mind they're reviewing the CD soundtracks,and only those tracks,so all repeat tracks and the amazing indoors/battle themes we came to know later on are excluded on this.
So is the fact Iron Jaw Gulch never plays for more than 30 seconds ingame.

Yeah.

But the fact is that they need to put more musics in the scores. The major problem of the series' soundtrack, as the reviews point out, are the length. I would like to see more musics in each soundtrack.
---
Bruh
#7 Posted: 22:37:41 30/11/2015
Length and they also seemed to choose at random for TT and SC. Guy's totally right,who the heck wants to pay 10 dollars for Cap'n Cluck's song? Maybe as a full purchase bonus on iTunes,but it's taking the spot of better songs like anything from Vault of the Ancients,Sky Eater,and others.
---
#8 Posted: 22:44:31 30/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Length and they also seemed to choose at random for TT and SC. Guy's totally right,who the heck wants to pay 10 dollars for Cap'n Cluck's song? Maybe as a full purchase bonus on iTunes,but it's taking the spot of better songs like anything from Vault of the Ancients,Sky Eater,and others.

Imagine full versions of Skylands in Chains, The Great Breakout Sky Section, Time of the Giants, Stormy Stronghold, and other songs. It would be great if they release something like an update for the album.
---
Bruh
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#9 Posted: 06:39:56 01/12/2015
Really love the music in Skylanders games, but not really a fan of the soundtracks. The soundtracks rarely contain the most epic and interesting themes of the games and I just prefer how the music sounds in the games. I'd say Trap Team had the best music overall, although a lot of themes were not composed by Lorne Balfe in this game.
---
bye
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#10 Posted: 10:19:36 03/12/2015
I just love the music.
One of my many favourites is the cuthroat carnival theme in giants.
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
#11 Posted: 19:28:36 09/12/2015 | Topic Creator
I recently found Cross Crow's theme in a Cartoon Network show. Someone knows what licensed/public domain music is that?
---
Bruh
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#12 Posted: 19:45:47 09/12/2015
What show? Gosh, they really got lazy with the villain themes, with all the royalty free music they probably got online.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:46:13 09/12/2015 by TrapShadowFan
#13 Posted: 20:07:36 09/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: TrapShadowFan
What show? Gosh, they really got lazy with the villain themes, with all the royalty free music they probably got online.

It's from a random episode of My Gym Partner's a Monkey. And, I don't think these used themes are really bad. Like, Balfe doesn't have much time to compose the music for the games, so...
---
Bruh
#14 Posted: 21:12:55 09/12/2015
It takes time to compose about 50 themes that have very different styles. It's not lazy, it's just better, faster and less expansive to use quality music from other sources rather than rushing themes with medium quality.
---
bye
#15 Posted: 21:19:06 09/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: newkill
It takes time to compose about 50 themes that have very different styles. It's not lazy, it's just better, faster and less expansive to use quality music from other sources rather than rushing themes with medium quality.

That's what I said. Balfe doesn't have time to compose the game. That's why remixes and licensed music.
---
Bruh
#16 Posted: 18:51:40 16/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Now I'm going to give some random opinions on some aspects of the soundtracks that I've been looking on these days:

For some reason, the Spyro's Adventure soundtrack is giving me some nostalgia feels, even if I got the game like... 2 years ago. I still think that Sky Schooner Docks and Crystal Eye Castle are some of the best pieces of music in the franchise.

I have some songs in the series that I consider as more "emotional" songs, like Wilikin Village and the in-game version of Junkyard Isles. Now I've been considering Frozen Galleries and Fraser's TreeHouse as part of the songs in this style. I really like this style of music, with these four songs being very special for me. For some reason, when I hear then, I become somewhat happy, calm and... You know, more emotional. Yeah, I'm somewhat emotionally attached to my musics.

About Spyro's Adventure too, I've been thinking that the songs feel very "basic", like they're something like the skeleton of the franchise's musical style. That doesn't mean they're bland. They feel like a experiment of the franchise's soundtrack.

So, I decided to post my toughs to start a conversation here. Maybe that works...
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:52:01 16/03/2016 by Crash10
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#17 Posted: 19:14:32 16/03/2016
I feel the same way about SA, I haven't owned it for long either, but it has the same effect on me. I love the Giants music. It's the game where almost every piece in it is memorable for me. Giants has the music that stays stuck in my head. There's so much nostalgia.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:17:28 16/03/2016 by Spyro Lover122
Skellington Blue Sparx Gems: 638
#18 Posted: 19:59:26 16/03/2016
Has anyone ever seen the Kellog's Special K commercial where an exercise class is working out to the Chill Bill theme from Trap Team? Very random. My wife thought I had lost my mind when she saw me laughing at a Special K ad.
#19 Posted: 20:09:55 16/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Skellington
Has anyone ever seen the Kellog's Special K commercial where an exercise class is working out to the Chill Bill theme from Trap Team? Very random. My wife thought I had lost my mind when she saw me laughing at a Special K ad.

I've seen it in a TLC commercial and started creating a uncontrollable smile at the face.
---
Bruh
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#20 Posted: 21:11:11 16/03/2016
I heard Chill Bill's music in a Netflix advertisement on YouTube. Heh.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
#21 Posted: 06:58:00 17/03/2016
The music during the Books sections of Spellpunk Library is pretty good:

---
bye
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#22 Posted: 22:36:58 23/03/2016
I know right *.* gives me chills everytime, needs more love!
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#23 Posted: 11:40:51 24/03/2016
Blaster tron and chill bill themes among the best songs of the franchise imo.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#24 Posted: 11:18:06 26/03/2016
But those songs aren't even made by toys for bob.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#25 Posted: 13:34:43 26/03/2016
And?

it's a topic about music for ***** sake. All músic related to Skylanders can be discussed here.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:36:49 26/03/2016 by angelg
#26 Posted: 13:43:36 08/04/2016
Well, so we have some discussion, what about favorite songs?

Swamp Village/Evil Dreams and Slippery Tunnel(not Slime Pipe, though Time Town's soundtrack is a good substitute for this scrapped theme) are still by far my favorite themes, but Skyhighlands Fight 2, Bringing Order to Kaos(just let the Giants soundtrack link keep playing) and Mystical Vault Underwater are close by. As you can see I love Balfe's songs with choir.
Beachcomber's Theme is a guilty pleasure.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:47:46 08/04/2016 by Bifrost
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#27 Posted: 13:45:39 08/04/2016
I'll edit this one once I get back.

I personally LOVE the Muddy Water Hollow music. It's fantastic.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#28 Posted: 17:45:26 08/04/2016 | Topic Creator
In question of the official soundtracks, that I hear frequently, my favorites are:

Shattered Island, Sky Schooner Docks, Crystal Eye Castle, Lair of Kaos, Giants, Junkyard Isles, Rumbletown, Wilikin Village, Aerial Attack, Drill-X's Big Rig, Molekin Mountain, Slippery Tunnel, Braving Mount Cloudbrake, Rescue the Chieftness, Ride of the Evil Glumshanks, Frozen Galleries, Fraser's Frosted Festival, Motherly Mayhem, Main Theme (Trap Team), Soda Springs, Know-it-All Island, Chompy Mountain, Sunscraper Towers, The SuperChargers, Not as Advertised, Fraser's TreeHouse, The Last Resort, The Cloud Kingdom and Rift Into Overdrive.

As you can see, it's hard as hell to me to decide all-time favorites, so I consider these as my favorites.

As in-game songs, I still need to hear then all. Last year, when Trap Team's music channel released all of the songs of the game, I heard all of then in some sort of "marathon". I'm planning to do the same with the other games.
---
Bruh
#29 Posted: 21:33:58 08/04/2016
On a side note real quick,sigh,watching the credits of Trap Team again - ALL the villain songs are licensed by APM Music,and some other ones in the game as well. That means that yeah,you should be covered by fair use,but Lucky Go Happy(which is how I found out,got ContentID'd by that and there it was on the list) and friends are legit songs from them.
---
#30 Posted: 10:25:53 09/04/2016
@Bifrost Slippery Tunnel is one of the best theme of the whole series, I love it too. Skyhighlands Fight 2 is great too.

My favorites (the list is a bit long, sorry):

Spyro's Adventure:
I still need to finish this game and listen to the music more often to have a better idea of what themes I like the most.

Giants:
Troll Home Security - Tilting Tower Pretty sure this originally comes from SSA, but I like how in Giants it becomes more intense as you climb the tower. Really like this one, it has a very "Skylanders vibe" to it and it makes me happy.
Autogyro Adventure - Epic Escape! So epic :')
Wilikin Village - 3D World Theme :')
Bringing Order to Kaos - Final Boss Part 5 Very nice to have a remix of the main theme at the end of the last boss.
Junkyard Isles - Fight/Battle This theme is so Skylanders.
Aerial Attack - Dreadnought Fight/Battle Theme introduced in Giants but I linked the version in Superchargers since I prefer it.

Swap Force:
Cascade Glade - Fight at Overflow Grotto Nice battle remix of main theme.
Rampant Ruins - Main Theme 5 Like the part starting at 0:33.
Frostfest Mountains - Fight 5 No particular reason, this theme stands out for me.
Dual Elemental Area (Alternate Version) It's just great.
Dig SWAP Zone I like this one just because it has a Donkey Kong Country vibe to it.

Trap Team:
Kaos Final Boss - Mix Just like how Mars the Bringer of War and Night on Bald Mountain are part of the fight.
Wolfgang Boss - Mix Memorable.
Chef Zeppelin - Flying Sequence Epic. It was also well remixed in Superchargers.
Monster Marsh - Fight/Battle 2 Swamp Village/Evil Dreams is good but when it comes to Monster Marsh, I prefer this one.
Future of Skylands - Fight/Battle 2 No need to explain #epic
Future of Skylands - Power Conduits Another nice theme from Future of Skylands.
Troll Rocket Steal - Main Theme 2 (Troll Base) Pretty epic theme.
Sunscraper Spire - Fight/Battle 2 It just has this "you-are-in-an-ancient-place-related-to-a-brand-new-Element" feel to it.
Sunscraper Spire - Secret Theme Simply beautiful and mysterious.

Superchargers:
The Darkness Final Boss Battle - Part 2 Really love the dark techno vibe, especially when the synth notes come in at 0:58 and onward.
Main Theme/Prologue Epic!
Rift to Skylands - Final Vehicle Section Epic.
Academy Traptanium Crystal - Mirror of Mystery Remix Great remix from Mirror of Mystery!
Cloudbreather's Crag - Vehicle Section Simply a fun theme that stands out.
Cloud Kingdom - Storm Sequencer Nice remix of Sunscraper Spire.
Land of the Undead - Sea Star Zone 1 Nice watery theme.
Vault of the Ancients - Dark Rift Engine Epic.
The Sky Eater - Sky Star Zone - Part 2 (Core)
---
bye
#31 Posted: 22:36:49 12/04/2016
I think I'll redo my list like yours, I might've confused people out of this with that wall of text.

SSA:
Quicksilver Vault - Favorite SSA level, favorite music as well. Such a calm and bouncy theme, really sounds like a temple should.
Crawling Crypt - It's spooky. I don't really need to say much else if you guys know me.

SG:
As I said before, Slippery Tunnel is my favorite,but it doesn't have a solo YT link. I'll just move it to TT where it does.
Bringing Order to Kaos! - Mysterious,ominous, definately the best final level of the series too for not being a techy factory or criminally short like Lair of Kaos. Couldn't choose anything better for it than a theme that spells out 'you're losing, for now'.
Molekin Mountain Fight - Gets my blood pumping every time. Definately feels like a rescue mission.

SF:
Iron Jaw Gulch. Now please someone tell me where the full theme is in the game because that Motleyville section does NOT do it justice and it doesn't play in the actual Iron Jaw Gulch ._.
Motherly Mayhem - Kaos' Mom DOES NOT DESERVE THIS THEME holy crap. For such a waste of time to the plot since she's important for a whole one level from the twist, this sounds like you're fighting Satan himself instead.

Trap Team: Three this time, the soundtrack is that good.
Time Town Battle 3 - starts when you start thinking Time Town's theme is just a calm rendition of Slippery Tunnel, bringing out all the instruments that make this level so good. It kinda lost to Lair of the Golden Queen in replays though, this level is still too short.
Chompy Worm - I love this level's aesthetic and this song is all about it. Short but sweet.
Swamp Village/Evil Dreams(full version) - Shame this doesn't play in its entirety ingame,but it's an amazing song for an amazing setpiece. When this played the first time, the game went from good to great.

Superchargers: Three since I'd be out of a normal story theme.
The After Party - Just a blast. It's my favorite track for a reason, this pushes you all the way through.
Mystical Vault Underwater - I remember guessing on this theme alone that the level it's based in would be after some crazy twist. I actually expected someone to die for real,but oh well. Either way, this just sounds so sad and so beautiful, like a lost civilization waiting for visitors.
Monstrous Isles Land Section 1 - It's the only Land section I willingly replay these days,just for the music. Sad it's short enough that you don't always hear all of it(especially that great ending part), but it's fun and bouncy in a way that makes you enjoy the rather meh track.

Guilty Pleasures: Those themes that I really shouldn't like for being cliche, licensed from APM Music(I know what angelg said,but they actually aren't from Skylanders,they're whatever franchise pays them) or are just a lazy remix but I do anyway.
Beachcomber Battle - I almost dance with my Skylander in the avaliable time waiting for her to open for attack to this. Sounds exactly what you'd think you'd hear battling a spoiled brat, but with all the intensity of a fighter.
Dreamcatcher's Villain Theme - Same thing. That girl is a complete maniac but still following teenage trends and I wouldn't have this theme any other way.
Tussle Sprout's Theme - I'm not ashamed to say I used this useless villain more than it's safe on Hard Mode just to hear the theme. Ok, I am.
Smoke Scream's Theme - wub wub wub
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:46:38 12/04/2016 by Bifrost
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#32 Posted: 23:30:52 12/04/2016
Any links for SkyLanders ringtones? I'm thinking of the main theme kinda like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-odpehL2aVQ
thanks in advance.
ooh yeah, any links for SkyLanders text tones? I'm thinking of maybe a Kaos laugh for when we get texts! smilie
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
#33 Posted: 23:42:01 12/04/2016
You can just download music wherever and set them as ringtones. No idea if anyone did those at any point.
---
#34 Posted: 18:05:15 13/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Since Bifrost talked about Dreamcatcher Theme, I should question: what are your favorite villain themes? I will do the list later.

About full Iron Jaw Gulch, I've never saw the full song out the official soundtrack.
---
Bruh
#35 Posted: 18:12:02 13/04/2016
Grave Clobber's for sure. Outside of the remixes, it's the song that feels closer to the series' tone for me.
---
#36 Posted: 18:26:15 16/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Hearing the SC OST. Very good for now. Can someone say in which part of the game each Academy music plays? I just want to hear these in the OST in the right order.
---
Bruh
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#37 Posted: 19:04:16 16/04/2016
Quote: Kevin16
I know right *.* gives me chills everytime, needs more love!

Their released CD material would sell a lot better if they included more stuff like this. But no, we get Capt Cluck.
#38 Posted: 22:52:59 16/04/2016
Considering Balfe felt the need to release some TT songs in his channel because they weren't in CD,kinda sad it seems it's not his choice what and how many go in it.
---
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#39 Posted: 18:33:34 19/04/2016
Favourite songs from each game:

Spyro's Adventure:
- Perilous Pastures
- Sky Schooner Docks
- Crystal Eye Castle
- Exploring the Ruins
- Quicksilver Vault
- Arkeyan Armory
- Kaos Fight
- Dragon's Peak

Giants:
- Junkyard Isles
- Cutthroat Carnival
- Glacier Gully
- Chompy Mage Fight
- Aerial Attack - Dreadnought Fight

Swap Force
- Rescue the Chieftess (Cascade Glade)
- Farewell Baron (Evilized Whiskers Fight)
- Fraser's Frosted Festival (Frostfest Mountains)

Trap Team
- Skylanders Academy
- Know-It-All Island
- Rainfish Riviera
#40 Posted: 21:24:34 19/04/2016 | Topic Creator
After 4 days, I finished the SC OST. Great music. There are some songs that caught me:

Being lazy, I'm just gonna list the rest:

• Dragon Spine
  • Magic Vehicle Zone (booth Overwater and Underwater)
  • Skylanders Academy - Skylands in Peril
  • The Clock Rock - Future Part
  • Vault of the Ancients (booth Overwater and Underwater)
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:24:19 20/04/2016 by Crash10
#41 Posted: 23:13:35 05/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to say some little things.

Recently I heard again the Golden Desert's Main Theme 1 and Fight/Battle 1. Didn't remember they where that good.

Also, the songs from Battlebrawl Island where growing on me these days. The same can be said about Bringing Order to Kaos (official version). Didn't really noticed until now that the latter one has everything that I like in these type of songs.
---
Bruh
#42 Posted: 23:20:53 05/05/2016
Double posts are fine if it adds to the discussion and there's a gap,pretty sure.

Golden Desert changes too quickly to the bad battle theme in my opinion, it's a trend with most recent levels. First or third one is great,but of course,it plays once, and the rest are just a mess of drums.
---
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#43 Posted: 19:02:32 06/05/2016
Back on the subject of villain themes for a bit, I was testing a trap I cut in half for customizing purposes to see if it works. Turns out I had Dr Krankcase saved on there and heard his theme for a brief moment. A few hours later, reflecting on the theme for some reason, I realized I heard the exact song as background music for an episode in Hell's Kitchen. If you would like to see it, look up "Hell's Kitchen Season 6 Episode 9" on Youtube and look for a video with Dave going crazy in the kitchen. That's where it plays. I don't really want to post a video up here because Hell's Kitchen obviously has lots of language.

I also heard Pepper Jack's theme on a commercial somewhere on TV, and that was the first theme I heard outside of anything Trap Team. I thought I went mad for a while, seeing how last year I played Trap Team and beat the entire game on my first play session. Also I know, stock music.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
#44 Posted: 19:23:53 06/05/2016
The songs are licensed by a company called APM Music. Whoever pays can use them and they're not from Activision, Chill Bill's theme also showed up on many ads.

However,I hope they never do this again. It's just a huge hassle for youtubers since they get ContentID'd very quickly.
---
#45 Posted: 22:54:16 25/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Hearing the Midnight Museum soundtrack. Liked the unique style of the songs in this chapter, and the Nightshade theme is very good.
---
Bruh
#46 Posted: 00:25:39 15/06/2016 | Topic Creator
So, what do you think of the songs from Imaginators we've seen from now? I think they're quite interesting but I fear that they're not as memorable as before, and that the soundtrack loose it's identity. Hope that it turns out as good as before.

And oh heck, Crash in Skylanders made me addicted to the Mind Over Mutant's soundtrack again.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:29:37 15/06/2016 by Crash10
#47 Posted: 00:48:59 15/06/2016
With just a few songs it's hard to tell,but I noticed they pulled the cinematic feel from TT and increased it tenfold. The fight theme for Windham reminds me a lot of Skyhighlands Fight 2, but more uplifting.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:49:11 15/06/2016 by Bifrost
#48 Posted: 17:49:19 17/06/2016 | Topic Creator
I keep hearing the music compilations from Trap Team and SuperChargers while I do homework, and this made some songs really caught me.

I really like the soundtrack of Time Town, some of the battle themes at Future of Skylands and Sunscraper Spire, the in-game version of Rainfish Riviera and Lair of the Golden Queen, and so on. I was also liking the Bandit Train theme, in case of SC. It has a good mysterious tone.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:50:00 17/06/2016 by Crash10
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me