Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > New TRU Micro Comics / Battlecast card packs
Page 1 of 1
New TRU Micro Comics / Battlecast card packs [CLOSED]
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#1 Posted: 01:44:43 31/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Have bought 40 of the packs so far and I still do not have a complete set of the stickers. You get one of each of the following inside

4 micro comics. Jet Vac, Trigger Happy, Chompy Mage and Roller Brawl are the main respective stars on the cover.
8 mini posters, same size as the prior 6....Spitfire, Fiesta, High Volt, Stealth Elf, Gill Grunt, Pop Fizz, Jet Vac and Terrafin
12 stickers...Roller Brawl, Spitfire, Fiesta, Gill Grunt, Nightfall, Astroblast, Stormblade, Eruptor, Smash Hit, High Volt, Splat and Stealth Elf
4 battlecast cards...Spitfire, Stealth Elf, Burning Rubber, Trickster's Trap

The last two cards do not scan into the battlecast app yet, most likely since those two will be available in quests come December 1st and January 1st respectively

I cant advertise selling anything, but maybe someone will want to trade? I still need the stickers of High Volt, Gill Grunt and Spitfire.

Anyone else opening?
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 01:56:20 31/10/2015
I'm just looking for the micro comics and two of the new cards. Got two packs today, both came with the story "Full Blast", one Spitfire card that comes with the Starter Pack but I got the Stealth Elf Trickster's Trap card.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#3 Posted: 02:32:25 31/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Get one of the stickers I do not have perchance Aura?

You got one of the two new cards with the Tricksters. That Burning Rubber card was the one I got the least but I would trade one for a sticker I need.
#4 Posted: 03:16:54 31/10/2015
Both I've got are BB Roller Brawls.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#5 Posted: 04:00:56 31/10/2015 | Topic Creator
That sounds sadly familiar.
pezskylander Gold Sparx Gems: 2496
#6 Posted: 12:02:16 31/10/2015
Quote: lamoracke
Have bought 40 of the packs so far and I still do not have a complete set of the stickers. You get one of each of the following inside

4 micro comics. Jet Vac, Trigger Happy, Chompy Mage and Roller Brawl are the main respective stars on the cover.
8 mini posters, same size as the prior 6....Spitfire, Fiesta, High Volt, Stealth Elf, Gill Grunt, Pop Fizz, Jet Vac and Terrafin
12 stickers...Roller Brawl, Spitfire, Fiesta, Gill Grunt, Nightfall, Astroblast, Stormblade, Eruptor, Smash Hit, High Volt, Splat and Stealth Elf
4 battlecast cards...Spitfire, Stealth Elf, Burning Rubber, Trickster's Trap

The last two cards do not scan into the battlecast app yet, most likely since those two will be available in quests come December 1st and January 1st respectively

I cant advertise selling anything, but maybe someone will want to trade? I still need the stickers of High Volt, Gill Grunt and Spitfire.

Anyone else opening?

When did these come out? I heard about battle sat but didn't realize it was coming out this year. Do you have a link to what you are talking about with the mini comics? Also, are these being found in the same aisle as the figures? Thanks!
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#7 Posted: 14:08:23 31/10/2015
Wow, you spent $200? $5 a pack x 40 packs?

http://www.bfads.net/Toy-Books...?page=86#viewer

That's some devotion and deep pockets! I thought I was pretty hardcore by pulling out the old Gamestop SuperChargers displays out of the trash to collect. LOL Sadly I could never afford buying tons of packs just to get one of each sticker, although I would love to own just a Splat sticker as she's my waifu for the year! Are they the same poses we've already seen before (like Aura24's avatar) or all new arts?
---
Stay Cool!
#8 Posted: 16:28:10 31/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Well, there was a 20% off sale and I do have credit card rewards and I had reward points and I have been selling comic sets to people from different countries who do not have them there but yes, I have $200 worth of merchandise.

They have been out a little less than a week I think. Tuesday I saw them. In the 3 stores I saw them at they were sold in the same section as the figures though often it was only in one of the 2 sections.

I cant easily attach pictures here but the four comics are unique and not in the regular skylander comics that just came out as well, so far at least.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:29:29 31/10/2015 by lamoracke
stinkbomb29 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1697
#9 Posted: 17:51:06 31/10/2015
I went and bought 8 packs when I saw them.

I opened the first 4 and got the four comics.

The stickers, posters and cards seem tedious since in the 4 I opened 2 stickers were the same as well as 3 Battle Cast cards.

Says there is a checklist for the cards....did anyone find this?
#10 Posted: 19:03:35 31/10/2015 | Topic Creator
No checklist, that seems to be false advertisting. There will be 270 battlecast cards, but we have only seen 4 physical ones so far and 6 electronic ones, unless you count the few in that video.

Stinkbomb, did you get High Volt, Spitfire or Gill Grunt stickers? I could really use those 3 and as you can see above, I have bought more than my share.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#11 Posted: 19:46:58 31/10/2015
No checklist, that seems to be false advertisting. There will be 270 battlecast cards, but we have only seen 4 physical ones so far and 6 electronic ones, unless you count the few in that video.

Stinkbomb, did you get High Volt, Spitfire or Gill Grunt stickers? I could really use those 3 and as you can see above, I have bought more than my share.

270 Battle cast cards? lol. I'm avoiding that trap.
#12 Posted: 19:59:10 31/10/2015
Got two packs, two of the same new comic for me, but two same Stealth Elf cards.
---
#13 Posted: 20:56:25 31/10/2015 | Topic Creator
270 cards is not that crazy big of a set really. If folks like to play and build a deck, 270 is not crazy. I have no idea how rare they will be, physical card wise. 270 is just what the battlecast app says is possible for the collection. For all we know, you can scan your stickers in as they say battlecast on the back.
#14 Posted: 00:12:31 01/11/2015
I'm not disputing the size of the set, it's the fact that they want us to buy something that we used to get with the characters and now don't get. Yes, it's "different", but it's a bait and switch. I'm curious what the costs are, but I'm guessing it's $200-$300 or more. Not trivial in my mind for cards for a game that I question if they will support in 3 years...like Universe.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:13:10 01/11/2015 by TakeYourLemons
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#15 Posted: 00:49:54 01/11/2015
Probally going to skip as I would rather amiibo cards however anybody in Australia seen these yet.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Jesus Skywalker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1940
#16 Posted: 01:13:42 04/11/2015
For anyone just looking to get one of each of the comics you will notice that on the back of the packaging they are all displayed. Two are orangish colored and two are greenish but they have different accents at the top. On the front of the packaging "Skylanders" is spelled out and it is somewhat see-through. By comparing what you can see through the packaging to the comics shown on the back, you should be able to determine which comic is in there. Obviously this doesn't help with the cards, stickers, and poster but it should make it easier to be able to get the four comics with a minimal purchase.
#17 Posted: 20:57:06 04/11/2015
Finally got all two new Battlecast cards, but still no sign of the two other micro comics besides the one about Jet-Vac and Trigger Happy. It's my TRU doesn't restock their supply of the blind packs until all of them are gone from the shelves.
---
#18 Posted: 17:01:47 06/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aura24
Finally got all two new Battlecast cards, but still no sign of the two other micro comics besides the one about Jet-Vac and Trigger Happy. It's my TRU doesn't restock their supply of the blind packs until all of them are gone from the shelves.

if you got any stickers I need, I would trade for comics you need. I still need Spitfire, Gill Grunt and High Volt.
#19 Posted: 18:05:39 06/11/2015
I thought these would be in specified packaging. After hearing about the number you have to buy and the fact the entire thing is a slot machine of chance, I'll just stop at the two I've bought. Even more sad is the fact that they've included cards THAT WERE IN THE STARTER PACK.

Sorry, but this is idiotic (no offense to those in knee deep). I liked how last year they were in specific packaging. I don't like blind packs.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:08:21 06/11/2015 by TakeYourLemons
stvanme Yellow Sparx Gems: 1570
#20 Posted: 23:07:03 07/11/2015

I bought two packs and both had Gill Grunt. He is sticker number 3 right? I'm only interested in Battlecast cards. Would trade for those. I already got two Burning Rubber cards so would like a Trickster's card. Let me know I would be willing to trade both stickers with you.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#21 Posted: 23:42:14 07/11/2015
Quote: stvanme
I bought two packs and both had Gill Grunt.

Lucky! ;)
#22 Posted: 00:01:33 08/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: stvanme

I bought two packs and both had Gill Grunt. He is sticker number 3 right? I'm only interested in Battlecast cards. Would trade for those. I already got two Burning Rubber cards so would like a Trickster's card. Let me know I would be willing to trade both stickers with you.

I would gladly make that trade, will send you a PM
#23 Posted: 03:43:01 13/11/2015 | Topic Creator
I got Smash Hit in that trade. As I did not have Gill Grunt, I did not know what number he was. I got Smash Hit instead of Gill Grunt it seems. Sigh.

I still need Spitfire and Gill Grunt.
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7062
#24 Posted: 13:59:02 13/11/2015
Anyone have photos of the fronts of all four packages for these micro comics?

Thx.

-v
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
#25 Posted: 15:32:06 13/11/2015 | Topic Creator
They are blind packs, the fronts look all the same. You can see a little inside and see the comic a bit inside, especially on Trigger Happy.
alex454 Green Sparx Gems: 411
#26 Posted: 14:19:55 14/11/2015
Anyone will to trade, just PM me.

I need the following:

Stickers: 1,2,5,8
Posters: 4

I have plenty of everything else including all the comics, and I don't mind doing greater than 1 for 1, just help me field my needs.

--
Always looking to buy variants
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:38:01 15/11/2015 by alex454
Huntrz2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#27 Posted: 16:47:17 14/11/2015
Blind comic packs might be the worst idea ever. My family got 10 of them hoping to get the 4 different comics from online, and all 10 comics we got were there same. Needless to say tomorrow when we go to pick up EE Slam Bam, I will be returning all 10 of the comics.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#28 Posted: 01:43:59 15/11/2015
Quote: Huntrz2
Blind comic packs might be the worst idea ever. My family got 10 of them hoping to get the 4 different comics from online, and all 10 comics we got were there same. Needless to say tomorrow when we go to pick up EE Slam Bam, I will be returning all 10 of the comics.

TRU had about 50 of them at the store and I was looking though the bags, the first dozen or so was the same exact comic so I gave up. I just wanted the one with Roller Brawl on it. LOL
---
Stay Cool!
#29 Posted: 05:58:19 16/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: alex454
Anyone will to trade, just PM me.

I need the following:

Stickers: 1,2,5,8
Posters: 4

I have plenty of everything else including all the comics, and I don't mind doing greater than 1 for 1, just help me field my needs.

--
Always looking to buy variants

Have PMed you, but you have all the ones I need, and you apparently have all the ones I need per your PM.
#30 Posted: 06:40:02 16/11/2015
Agh, one of my TRU haven't even restocked on the collector packs.

And just like Huntrz2, I ordered five from the TRU website, but all of them had the same Trigger Happy comic, no diversity whatsoever.
---
KiDFass65 Gold Sparx Gems: 2922
#31 Posted: 23:21:41 16/11/2015
It did take some time and effort but as someone suggested here, you can see through the package using the "Skylander" lettering to a part of the upper part of the cover. Using the image on the back of the package as a guide, I was able to distinguish which comic was in the package. Comic 4 was the most common in the grouping I looked through and Comic 3 (Trigger Happy) was the low count.
Pacifickarma Yellow Sparx Gems: 1268
#32 Posted: 06:39:06 17/11/2015
Where are these located in the store? I've never seen them at my TRU, and the clerk in the video game area had never heard of them!
stinkbomb29 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1697
#33 Posted: 16:22:59 17/11/2015
I don't think they were well sorted or there is several of one comic and fewer of the others.
#34 Posted: 03:59:28 19/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Well, the comics were pretty well spread in my opinion of hitting 3 stores in my area, especially if you learned you could tell the ones underneath. The posters were well sorted too....just felt the stickers and cards were not.
#35 Posted: 04:11:14 19/11/2015
Got my 5-micro comic batch today after ordering them online from the TRU website again. This time they had two-three copies each of the last two comics I needed. Finally.
---
#36 Posted: 21:10:46 21/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Cool that you got all 4 now. I finally completed that darn sticker set which took way too long.
jdavplay Blue Sparx Gems: 650
#37 Posted: 03:30:10 22/11/2015
Micro comics question, are they just miniature versions of issues from the running Skylander comic like lasy year's Toys R Us trap-bundled ones, or are these stories unique to these Battlecast packages? Thanks!
#38 Posted: 05:19:05 22/11/2015
So far there are no signs of the normal versions of the micro comics. I would be surprised if the stories are micro comic-exclusive this time around.
---
myvolition Gold Sparx Gems: 2853
#39 Posted: 05:26:25 22/11/2015
so I bought 6 packs of the comics, they all had the same cover and comic and cards/stickers inside..., is it just a blind pack? or is there a way to tell them apart?
#40 Posted: 05:37:08 22/11/2015
If at the store, you can see through the top of the packs (thanks to the plastic transparency) and can tell which comic is which by their colors.

However if you ordered the blind packs from the TRU site, you may wind up with FIVE of the same comic.
---
#41 Posted: 16:42:27 22/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Yeah, you can tell which comic is which, especially the Trigger Happy one. As far as the cards, posters or stickers, not so much. I had 20 Roller Brawl stickers out of 40 packs, but strangely I found people who needed Roller Brawl. The posters, at least for me, was not bad collation. Still have an extra set of it.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me