Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Vehicle Price Drops/Sales - Now Figures as Well!
Page 1 of 1
Vehicle Price Drops/Sales - Now Figures as Well! [CLOSED]
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#1 Posted: 13:08:48 29/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Amazon must be sitting on a lot of overstock of Sea Shadow! It is on sale for $8.48. Perhaps this is traps all over again...people have realized they need only one vehicle of each terrain type to enjoy Superchargers?

http://www.amazon.com/Skylande.../dp/B013HJ7C4W/

Edit: Sky Slicer has had a price drop as well - down to $11.53 at Amazon (thanks defpally). The TRU sale below is cheaper ($11 each) if purchasing 2 vehicles.

Edit 2: I just received a Toys R Us Perk Alert email: Toys to Life sale 10/29-10/31 - all Skylanders Superchargers vehicles and single figures are 2 for $22. For those interested, Disney Infinity 3.0 single figures are 4 for $36, Disney Infinity 1.0/2.0 figures are 4 for $26, and a free $30 gift card with the purchase of a Lego Dimensions starter pack plus a fun/level/team pack. I can share a link to the web version of the email via PM only since the TRU web links contain personal information of the email recipient.
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 15:27:44 01/11/2015 by mastermc54
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#2 Posted: 13:25:43 29/10/2015
As much as I enjoy deals such as this, I am highly satisfied with the Dark Sea Shadow.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#3 Posted: 13:27:19 29/10/2015
Sky Slicer is cheaper as well.
#4 Posted: 17:05:09 29/10/2015
While they are all trying to capture the parent's wallets (who typically won't buy more than one of these), I'd say Skylanders isn't doing all that well - at least in comparison to previous years. Infinity has Star Wars and a much improved game. Dimensions is new and has Legos. And Amiibos have Nintendo stuff.

The Starter has seen a pretty much universal price drop down to almost Black Friday levels. When you count the price of the included figures, they are practically giving the base game away. Figures have seen frequent sales and now price drops, and shelves are overstocked - TRU has them in many locations, overflowing. It's a shame "doing something different" isn't appearing to do all that well, I hope they don't take that as a need to just do more of the same old.

I once thought they would just follow the old release schedule, but I'm starting to think if they don't jump start sales with an earlier Wave 3 release, they are going to be in a heap of trouble for the holidays. Eon's Elite isn't going to move the needle.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:05:43 29/10/2015 by defpally
Jimmy40741 Blue Sparx Gems: 732
#5 Posted: 17:28:00 29/10/2015
I just checked TRU's website to see if they had the same deal online and I don't see it. But they do have a 40% off the second characters and vehicles. And since they dropped the price of the characters to $11.99 you can get two for $19.18. Vehicles are $13.99, so two of them are $22.38. And since they have free shipping for orders over $19, this is pretty much the same as the in store deal if you don't live close to a TRU.
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#6 Posted: 17:51:47 29/10/2015
Toys R Us is having a sale for Rewards members only this weekend.

All SuperChargers single figures and vehicles are two for $22.00. Doesn't mention a limit.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
esrever Green Sparx Gems: 207
#7 Posted: 19:06:48 29/10/2015
I was at a Canadian Costco (the Still Creek location in Vancouver), and all the vehicles there had been marked down by $4. Characters were not on sale though, nor was the Sea expansion pack.

It does make it seem like the vehicles are not moving, compared to the character figures.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#8 Posted: 19:29:05 29/10/2015
I had a feeling this would happen. Most parents are prob just buying the starter pack, an air, and a water vehicle and that's all. Word gets around they only need one of each. Reposes having new moves is nice but parents prob don't know that or even if they do know they have those guys already.

I also feel with Star wars/infinity, skylanders and legos parents are trying to figure out which one to invest in.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:31:59 29/10/2015 by SlayerX11
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#9 Posted: 20:59:24 29/10/2015
Quote: SlayerX11
I had a feeling this would happen. Most parents are prob just buying the starter pack, an air, and a water vehicle and that's all. Word gets around they only need one of each. Reposes having new moves is nice but parents prob don't know that or even if they do know they have those guys already.

I also feel with Star wars/infinity, skylanders and legos parents are trying to figure out which one to invest in.

is there many scalpers etc on ebay now days?... scalpers moved a lot of stock from the shelves... i also think they changed things to much, and collectors got tired of it, me included. now they are pretty much left with the parents and they usually dont buy much more than the starter pack. it sure will be interesting to see what happen further down the line with the releasing of the toys in waves.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:00:32 29/10/2015 by CountMoneyBone
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#10 Posted: 21:01:25 29/10/2015
Of course the two vehicles I chose to buy are the ones on sale on Amazon. smilie LOL But honestly I don't mind as I don't plan to buy any others, one of each is enough. Perhaps the MSRP on the vehicles were just too high and future waves will be more reasonable priced? I feel the vehicles should have been cheaper than the figures, but that's just me.
---
Stay Cool!
#11 Posted: 21:17:51 29/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Dive Bomber is also on sale for under $10 at Amazon!

The dual pack with Terrafin and shark tank also has dropped in price at Amazon.

I don't know what's up with these sales, but I'm liking it...the others are bound to come down in price as well. I have a feeling people aren't buying these at all (supply much greater than demand).
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#12 Posted: 18:28:12 30/10/2015
It's probably wishful thinking on my part, but IF Superchargers sales are suffering (compared to previous years) as much as we seem to believe, then I hope ...

1. They will stop releasing a new portal each year. It's excessive and mostly unnecessary. One of the big draws (in my opinion) about the first two Skylanders games was the fact that one portal covered you for both games. Obviously, they needed to update the portal for SwapForce (characters made from two parts) and again for Trap Team (thanks to the trap gimmick), but I think it's time that Skylanders go with a universal portal for future games, assuming that this is possible. For parents, less money "wasted" on a new portal each year = more available money to purchase characters, potentially.

2. They will stop the "waves" distribution practice. I realize this is a stretch, but, with all the competition in the "toys to life" market now, I think Activision should aim to maximize its return at launch. Strike when the iron is hot. A few years ago, when there was no real competition for Skylanders, it made 100% perfect sense to stretch out the life cycle of each new Skylanders release. It was the only "game in town", so to speak, and thus fans/collectors were willing (even excited?) to await each new wave release and embark on "the hunt" through stores. But nowadays, I believe that is mostly a past phenomenon, and that distribution strategy (I think) is counter-productive now. A LOT of children and parents will no longer buy into the concept of buying a game in autumn and then wait until Spring to get some of their most desired characters. It's far more likely, I think, that now (most) consumers will simply move on to something different by the spring. Potential sales of characters that will populate Waves 3 and 4 will not be realized, thereby wasting a lot of the potential profit from those Superchargers. If all of the Superchargers were available at launch, I think it's far more likely that some (many?) consumers would go "all in" and buy tons of Skylanders all at once (even without yet playing the actual game!), given the allure of "oooh shiny" new stuff with lots of hype behind it, plus the potential for retail promotions when the buyer buys "10 or more" (or whatever) Skylanders in the same purchase.

There are probably some flaws in my musings above. Not trying to start any arguments. Just expressing that Skylanders should consider altering its marketing/packaging/distribution practices in the future, so they don't get left in the dust out of fear of doing something different, given the truth that today's market for their product is more crowded than it was in 2012 or 2013.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
#13 Posted: 15:31:54 01/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Some of the ones on sale last week are reduced even further and there are now new ones discounted.

Stormblade is $8.71 at Amazon - www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013HJ7ACQ

Diveclops is also reduced at $8.76.

Sea Shadow is down to $7.70.

Dive Bomber is $8.33

Sky Slicer is $10.

The dual pack with Terrafin is down to $15.43 - http://www.amazon.com/Skylande...c/dp/B013HJ7710
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:34:39 01/11/2015 by mastermc54
#14 Posted: 16:02:53 01/11/2015
Unless things has changed from a year ago, Target as well as Best Buy will price match these prices as long as the Amazon site says "In Stock. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com."

I'm tempted to take a visit over there to try to get a Stormblade for $8.71, as I rarely find enough stuff from Amazon to make a $35 purchase for free shipping and I don't buy enough during the year to make prime worth getting. I get charged tax either way, so it doesn't really make a difference getting it local or though the mail.
---
Stay Cool!
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#15 Posted: 17:35:30 01/11/2015
Walmart will as well - however, good luck finding any Skylanders stuff in a Walmart. ;)
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#16 Posted: 17:43:15 01/11/2015
will TRU pricematch?
jdavplay Blue Sparx Gems: 650
#17 Posted: 19:51:37 01/11/2015
TRU should pricematch, yes. I matched Dive Bomber, Sea Shadow and the Terrafin pack at Best Buy yesterday, as it was the last day ofvtheir 10% back promo for their Visa card. If there are further tumbles on anything going forward, best to match it at Target if you have a redcard, as that'll knock it down even further.
#18 Posted: 18:57:10 02/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Interesting...pretty much all the prices I quoted a few posts up in this thread have dropped even further on Amazon. The overstock must be pretty drastic or they're just desperate to get rid of these vehicles/figures.
INTIMIDAT3R Blue Sparx Gems: 857
#19 Posted: 22:43:10 02/11/2015
It's no wonder prices are falling.

Those brain surgeons at Activision and Vicarious Visions decided to jack prices up by 50% from $9.99 to $14.99.

Just one BIG money grab to try and milk this dying franchise one more time.

Stopped at TRU last Saturday just to see if the rumors were true that Superchargers can't be given away and the shelves are PACKED with Dark Editions and regular editions of the Superchargers starter packs marked down by $30 and figues of every kind marked down to 2/$22. ALL of them collecting dust.

They've used the vehicles to not only jump the shark and drown dolphins, but they've used them to run over baby seals.

Way to kill a franchise Activision and VV. Way to go.
---
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."--- 2 Timothy 4:7
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#20 Posted: 01:37:52 03/11/2015
Let's put away the pitchforks just yet. Wer'e in a very competitive environment and Lego Dimensions is a new entry. I'd argue the gimmick is the weakest yet so I don't think that's helping. Platform exlcusivity and stripping content (cards, stickers) may be another strike. Proof will be in the sales pudding. I do think they're going to revamp pricing more permanently to be more in line with Infinity Starter and figure pricing. I do anticipate anemic sales on par or worse than last year's entry. I hope they sell at least 2 million starters, but it doesn't sound promising just yet.

I do think the number of TTL entries will canabolize each other, and that we can't expand the market any further. We may be well served with a two year cycle to provide extended content and to give customers more of a breather if this year turns to be a bust. Not sure how that plays out when stores need to dedicate shelf space for the toys, though.
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 01:44:11 03/11/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#21 Posted: 03:14:50 03/11/2015
Stormblade is now $8.30 on Amazon. How low will she go?! LOL By the time I'll make it to a store for a price matching, they may be paying me to take one. smilie
---
Stay Cool!
#22 Posted: 19:27:42 03/11/2015
A few days ago I added some things to my cart at amazon to see what the total would be. Then when mastermc54 posted yesterday that the prices had dropped I checked and they had. Well I checked just a few minutes ago and the prices have dropped again since yesterday. Here is what it said:

Skylanders SuperChargers Dual Pack #1: Shark Shooter Terrafin and Shark Tank has decreased from $14.58 to $13.99
Skylanders SuperChargers: Drivers Dive Clops Character Pack has decreased from $8.50 to $8.31
Skylanders SuperChargers: Drivers Stormblade Character Pack has decreased from $8.34 to $8.12
Skylanders SuperChargers: Vehicle Sky Slicer Character Pack has decreased from $9.54 to $9.26
Skylanders SuperChargers: Vehicle Dive Bomber Character Pack has decreased from $8.10 to $7.91
Skylanders SuperChargers: Vehicle Sea Shadow Character Pack has decreased from $7.44 to $7.26

I'm wondering how long I should wait. I don't want them to sell out, but then I don't want to buy now and have them drop even more or even go on some kind of B1G1 sale.
#23 Posted: 06:40:15 04/11/2015 | Topic Creator
I didn't check the others, but Sea Shadow has dropped another 5 cents to $7.21. What's up with the wacky Amazon price decreases?
#24 Posted: 14:19:58 04/11/2015
Looks like they have dropped again in the last few hours. Here is what they are as of 9am EST. Looks like the dual pack went up a little though.

Skylanders SuperChargers Dual Pack #1: Shark Shooter Terrafin and Shark Tank has increased from $13.99 to $14.87
Skylanders SuperChargers: Drivers Dive Clops Character Pack has decreased from $8.31 to $8.17
Skylanders SuperChargers: Drivers Stormblade Character Pack has decreased from $8.12 to $7.91
Skylanders SuperChargers: Vehicle Sky Slicer Character Pack has decreased from $9.26 to $9.02
Skylanders SuperChargers: Vehicle Dive Bomber Character Pack has decreased from $7.91 to $7.77
Skylanders SuperChargers: Vehicle Sea Shadow Character Pack has decreased from $7.26 to $7.09

I was at my local Walmart last night and they didn't have their Superchargers on sale. But I just checked their online store and the same single character and vehicle packs are on sale. Not as much as Amazon, but they are on sale.

Skylanders Superchargers Drivers Stormblade Character Pack (Universal)
$8.18 Was $12.96 Save 36%

Skylanders Superchargers Drivers Dive Clops Character Pack (Universal)
$8.45 Was $12.96 Save 34%

Skylanders Superchargers Vehicle Sea Shadow Character Pack (Universal)
$9.43 Was $14.96 Save 36%

Skylanders Superchargers Vehicle Sky Slicer Character Pack (Universal)
$9.31 Was $14.96 Save 37%

Skylanders Superchargers Vehicle Dive Bomber Character Pack (Universal)
$8.46 Was $14.96 Save 43%
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:34:09 04/11/2015 by Jimmy40741
#25 Posted: 14:24:08 04/11/2015
All of TRU is stocked to the gills for TTL. We'll see what happens in the next few weeks when the holiday shoppers appear.
#26 Posted: 15:53:15 04/11/2015
Quote: mastermc54
I didn't check the others, but Sea Shadow has dropped another 5 cents to $7.21. What's up with the wacky Amazon price decreases?

They have algorithms that determine price vs. cost vs. competitors and it will adjust as necessary.

Quote: TakeYourLemons
All of TRU is stocked to the gills for TTL. We'll see what happens in the next few weeks when the holiday shoppers appear.

Yeah, they have an insane amount of stock, particularly Skylanders. A full half row, plus the other side they have the whole "brand area" filled. And looking for Eon's Elite Voodood this week, you wouldn't believe how much additional stock they have up top.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:56:34 04/11/2015 by defpally
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#27 Posted: 22:47:51 05/11/2015
Just checked the prices, and all of the ~$8 offers have free shipping, but only when you have Amazon Prime. What is the shipping price without Prime?
---
^This might be sarcasm.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#28 Posted: 15:47:48 06/11/2015
Quote: The Bone Chompy
Just checked the prices, and all of the ~$8 offers have free shipping, but only when you have Amazon Prime. What is the shipping price without Prime?

Typically $3-5 an item, although they will normally make efforts to combine as many items into a single box as possible to prevent additional/unnecessary shipping costs.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#29 Posted: 16:33:34 06/11/2015

Yeah. I gave up Prime. It just wasn't cost effective. And as long as it's sold by Amazon, you can pricematch just about anywhere, now. I'd much rather go by Target and PM and get an additional 5% using the RedCard than deal with paying $99 a year for Prime. I know Prime has its benefits, especially since they now include streaming and music, but they never had much of a selection on those, and Netflix was better, so I didn't see paying for both.
#30 Posted: 16:58:20 06/11/2015

You get free shipping if its over $35. So if you order all 5 of those, you will meet the free shipping.
Btw, the prices have dropped again. Sea shadow is down to $6.67 now.
#31 Posted: 13:34:20 08/11/2015
^You need to have Amazon Prime for the $35+ free ship. So ~7 to ~8 dollars, and then 3~5 dollars shipping. Avergage price of landers or vehicles would be $7.50, and he avg. shipping price is $4. Add them up, and you have...$11.50. A good deal for the vehicles, but not for the others, and to get a true deal, you need Amazon Prime. Just trying to show that Activision isn't truly desperate.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#32 Posted: 22:05:52 08/11/2015
is it me or did the prices just go back to regular price? man i knew i should of gotten them all. o well maybe they will go down again.
Concept Yellow Sparx Gems: 1073
#33 Posted: 22:35:47 08/11/2015
Today only, Sunday 11/08, Target has video games Buy 2 Get 1 Free. It includes Skylanders figures. If you use your Redcard, you'll also get 5% off and free shipping, with no minimums.
#34 Posted: 23:48:00 08/11/2015
Quote: Concept
Today only, Sunday 11/08, Target has video games Buy 2 Get 1 Free. It includes Skylanders figures. If you use your Redcard, you'll also get 5% off and free shipping, with no minimums.

Well, doesnt do much good with minutes to close lol.
#35 Posted: 00:03:57 09/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Concept

Target.com doesn't have much of a selection, though vehicles average out to $10 with the promo. With what we've seen from the Amazon sales, this Target promo, and what we're getting with GameStop on Black Friday, $10 should be the upper spending limit or ceiling for what us sales hunters should reasonably target when buying individual figures or vehicles going forward.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#36 Posted: 15:22:37 09/11/2015
^You need to have Amazon Prime for the $35+ free ship. So ~7 to ~8 dollars, and then 3~5 dollars shipping. Avergage price of landers or vehicles would be $7.50, and he avg. shipping price is $4. Add them up, and you have...$11.50. A good deal for the vehicles, but not for the others, and to get a true deal, you need Amazon Prime. Just trying to show that Activision isn't truly desperate.

You're mistaken about Amazon Prime. Everyone gets free shipping for orders over $35. Prime gives you free shipping for any size order.
#37 Posted: 17:45:26 09/11/2015
Quote: obidawsn

You're mistaken about Amazon Prime. Everyone gets free shipping for orders over $35. Prime gives you free shipping for any size order.

Really? Felt like that didn't happen for me when I bought the Trap Team starter pack.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#38 Posted: 17:51:57 09/11/2015

I went ahead and pulled the trigger and bought them all last week and got free shipping. And I don't have amazon prime.
#39 Posted: 17:53:24 09/11/2015
Quote: Alphawolf
is it me or did the prices just go back to regular price? man i knew i should of gotten them all. o well maybe they will go down again.

Yea, I just checked and here is the prices as of 12:50 EST.
Skylanders SuperChargers Dual Pack #1: Shark Shooter Terrafin and Shark Tank has increased from $15.08 to $23.15
Skylanders SuperChargers: Vehicle Dive Bomber Character Pack has increased from $7.49 to $8.46
Skylanders SuperChargers: Drivers Stormblade Character Pack has increased from $8.18 to $12.99
Skylanders SuperChargers: Vehicle Sky Slicer Character Pack has increased from $8.84 to $14.99
Skylanders SuperChargers: Drivers Dive Clops Character Pack has increased from $7.80 to $12.99
Skylanders SuperChargers: Vehicle Sea Shadow Character Pack has increased from $6.67 to $9.43
Concept Yellow Sparx Gems: 1073
#40 Posted: 02:00:19 10/11/2015
Quote:
Well, doesnt do much good with minutes to close lol.

This sale is still going on.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me