Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Black Friday 2015 topic (all deals posted.)
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Black Friday 2015 topic (all deals posted.) [CLOSED]
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 22:45:25 26/10/2015 | Topic Creator
(it's almost time.)

Hello!
have you waited to buy superchargers to get the best deal? (all those starter packs tho)
have you wanted to know what's releasing around this time?
now you can plan!

i've complied a spreadsheet for deals.

https://docs.google.com/spread...=563b8e1a#gid=0

DEALS-

MEJJER-

THURSDAY NIGHT-
All Superchargers starter packs for $49.99

FRIDAY-
BOGO 50 percent off all skylanders and vehicles (along other ttl products)

GAMESTOP-
$9.99 vehicles and superchargers

TARGET-
$34.99 starters
$11 figures and vehicles

BEST BUY-
nothing

WALMART-
$9 vehicles
$37 starters

TRU-
thursday night 5pm-12am: bogo 80 percent off all skylanders
friday 7am-saturday close: $39.99 starters, bogo %40 off, lightcore hex for $1

RELEASES IN NOVEMBER-

EON'S ELITE VOODOOD- 11/1/15 (only at TRU)
EON'S ELITE ZOOK- 11/8/15 (only at TRU)
EON'S ELITE SLAM BAM- 11/15/15 (only at TRU)
Ios starter
Edited 8 times - Last edited at 01:58:52 13/11/2015 by ZapNorris
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#2 Posted: 22:51:51 26/10/2015
I wish we had a Black Friday where I live .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#3 Posted: 22:59:02 26/10/2015
The eon's elites are only at TRU (as far as we know), so you might want to put that in there.
---
Dead
#4 Posted: 23:03:22 26/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: mega spyro
The eon's elites are only at TRU (as far as we know), so you might want to put that in there.

added!
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#5 Posted: 23:18:38 26/10/2015
I think it'd be nice to have a topic like this for each month (maybe without the deals on the non-black friday months) that shows all known release dates for Skylanders within that month.
Unless we already have something like that I haven't noticed yet
Anyways, as good as some deals are on Black Friday, I won't be going out to buy stuff. I'd rather stay safe from the Greed-mageddon that completely throws away the point of Thanksgiving smilie
#6 Posted: 23:29:14 26/10/2015 | Topic Creator
I personally find it exciting to do this kinda stuff. i get giddy everytime i hunt for amiibo. maybe i'm just weird.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#7 Posted: 00:52:45 27/10/2015
I'm hoping for a cheap Lego Dimensions, like under $50, better if ~$35 but I seriously doubt that'll happen. The thing is that I don't even care for Lego toys, but love the games as they are good solid gaming experiences. I find it hard spending Skylanders type money just for unlocking content when I don't care a lick for the toys. I wouldn't even assemble the lego, I'd just plop the chip onto the portal and play the game.

As for Skylanders sales, I've not touched my SC in over 2 weeks. The hyped died quickly over it and I have no desire to get more SC figures (other than Splat and Blue Splat, which isn't due until after the sale) even for around $8.99 a pop. $8.99 is a realistic Black Friday sale price for the current waves of SC figs but then again why bother when I won't play SC again for a long time? It just wasn't that good.

Sadly I'm betting that instead of cheap SC figures, they'll drag out their SSA and Giants figures for Black Friday. There seems to be no end to that inventory and it's the default to go to sale stuff for Skylanders. In fact, my TRU stocked up on them yet again for a recent sale. I'd love a deep discount TT and SW sale as I still need about 40% of those figures still, but they must have a least a million Hex figures to sell off first. LOL

Basically what I'm saying is that I'm expecting a disappointing Black Friday as I already bought a SC disc for $25 so I don't need a starter. The SC figures probably won't go to $5 a pop which would get me interested enough to buy them all. I don't expect a cheap Lego Dimensions and I don't even pay attention to the other Games to Live offerings out there...Perhaps I should go any buy a used collection of Infinity 1 and 2 off of ebay on Black Friday instead? LOL!
---
Stay Cool!
#8 Posted: 01:53:21 27/10/2015 | Topic Creator
I'm expecting the usual-

mostly starter sales (if the dark wii edition drops low enough i'll bite)

minimal figure sales, but target/walmart will probably have a semi-good deal

the usual bogo %70 off from tru

nothing from gamestop
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#9 Posted: 03:24:59 27/10/2015
I just hope Roller Brawl and Splat are out in November.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#10 Posted: 04:26:27 27/10/2015
Quote: spyrocrash

They are Wave 3, so, according to the previous store listings, they will be released in December. But they can be released in November. We still don't have sure.
---
Bruh
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#11 Posted: 13:12:04 27/10/2015
Quote: spyrocrash

They won't be. Wave 3 never hits before mid December. Most likely you are looking at sometime during the week prior to Christmas. Same things every year, people hoping for Black Friday releases, but they aren't about to blow a new wave when it isn't hard to get people into stores anyways.

I'm hoping for $35 Starters (plus Best Buy GCU), and will finally pick it up for XB1 and 3DS. I'd also like to see a good discount on the Infinity PS4 big bundle with Boba Fett, I'm only really interested in the original trilogy stuff at the moment (what I've played seems to be a big improvement over previous years). I already got Darth Vader (amazing figure), Han, Chewie and Yoda last week when Best Buy had a sale for $8 each with GCU. Lastly a good discount on Dimensions would be very tempting, but they are going to have to come way down from that $100 price tag.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#12 Posted: 13:23:51 27/10/2015
Quote: TrapShadowFan
I think it'd be nice to have a topic like this for each month (maybe without the deals on the non-black friday months) that shows all known release dates for Skylanders within that month.
Unless we already have something like that I haven't noticed yet
Anyways, as good as some deals are on Black Friday, I won't be going out to buy stuff. I'd rather stay safe from the Greed-mageddon that completely throws away the point of Thanksgiving smilie

There are no set release dates, so it would be impossible to have a thread like that. As for other sales, there is a sticky sales thread.

Quote: fairyland
I'm hoping for a cheap Lego Dimensions, like under $50, better if ~$35 but I seriously doubt that'll happen. The thing is that I don't even care for Lego toys, but love the games as they are good solid gaming experiences. I find it hard spending Skylanders type money just for unlocking content when I don't care a lick for the toys. I wouldn't even assemble the lego, I'd just plop the chip onto the portal and play the game.

As for Skylanders sales, I've not touched my SC in over 2 weeks. The hyped died quickly over it and I have no desire to get more SC figures (other than Splat and Blue Splat, which isn't due until after the sale) even for around $8.99 a pop. $8.99 is a realistic Black Friday sale price for the current waves of SC figs but then again why bother when I won't play SC again for a long time? It just wasn't that good.

Sadly I'm betting that instead of cheap SC figures, they'll drag out their SSA and Giants figures for Black Friday. There seems to be no end to that inventory and it's the default to go to sale stuff for Skylanders. In fact, my TRU stocked up on them yet again for a recent sale. I'd love a deep discount TT and SW sale as I still need about 40% of those figures still, but they must have a least a million Hex figures to sell off first. LOL

Basically what I'm saying is that I'm expecting a disappointing Black Friday as I already bought a SC disc for $25 so I don't need a starter. The SC figures probably won't go to $5 a pop which would get me interested enough to buy them all. I don't expect a cheap Lego Dimensions and I don't even pay attention to the other Games to Live offerings out there...Perhaps I should go any buy a used collection of Infinity 1 and 2 off of ebay on Black Friday instead? LOL!

I think you have to build some Legos. I haven't played it, but I'm pretty sure you have to build the portal, and you have to build the vehicles, as building them different ways affects how they are in game. But I could be wrong in how it all works.

As for sales, their are always sales on the new Skylanders game. TRU is the only store that even carries toys from previous games (except for the random Swap Force characters that some stores still have). TRU has been known to have deep sales on them on Black Friday, but their emphasis is the new game. Last year, they didn't have anywhere near the deals on older figures as they did in previous years. I figured Giants were drying up, but we did find a Bouncer and Thumpback, the other day, which we haven't seen in a while. I remember Bouncer getting kind of hard to find, at one time.

Quote: ZapNorris
I'm expecting the usual-

mostly starter sales (if the dark wii edition drops low enough i'll bite)

minimal figure sales, but target/walmart will probably have a semi-good deal

the usual bogo %70 off from tru

nothing from gamestop

Good luck getting a dark starter on sale. No stores put them on sale, last year. It could change, though, I guess. As for previous years, Walmart and Target tend to have the gimmick landers for around $9-$10. So I can see that for the vehicles. Not sure about the singles. Whether they will all be the same price, or if they'll set different price points, will be the question.
#13 Posted: 15:31:21 27/10/2015
Quote: obidawsn
I think you have to build some Legos. I haven't played it, but I'm pretty sure you have to build the portal, and you have to build the vehicles, as building them different ways affects how they are in game. But I could be wrong in how it all works.

Good luck getting a dark starter on sale. No stores put them on sale, last year. It could change, though, I guess. As for previous years, Walmart and Target tend to have the gimmick landers for around $9-$10. So I can see that for the vehicles. Not sure about the singles. Whether they will all be the same price, or if they'll set different price points, will be the question.

I asked this from a Twitch streamer the week it came out and he said you don't have to assemble the Lego, that there isn't anything in them that effects how they appear in game. So you can have a messed up bat mobile and it just wouldn't matter. So I was thinking I'd probably get stuff like the Doctor Who pack and sell off the Lego and keep the chips to recover some of my money back.

I think the dark starters will go on sale as they are everywhere this year due to no real strong demand. They created demand last year by limiting the Kaos Trap which everyone wanted. This year there isn't any real desire to have the Kaos Trophy it seems. They lowered the SC Dark Starter by $25 which they never done last year which is an indication that somethings going on. I remember buying a SF Dark Starter on day one and then it being on sale on Black Friday at Gamestop, which ticked me off a bit and I fully expected it to happen again for TT but that never happened.

Anyway, I'm also hoping that they'll finally have a $199.99 (or lower) Wii U WITH a decent sized hard drive inside (none of that lame 4GB ) AND bundled with a decent outdated Mario title (real disc only plz, no download code). That is something I have been waiting years for as I feel it's so wrong to pay over $200 for any console system unless it's so much more advanced at the time like a PS4 or Xbone. So far only that lame Skylanders Wii U bundle appeared on sale on BF for under $200, but that was some stupid TRU rewards club deal and none made it to the hour when normal customers were allowed in on the deal, the bastards. I'm betting no $200 Wii U's this year either. T_T;;;; It's so resistant to a reasonable (due to it's old age) price drop, and I would have caved in if they had a large enough library worth owning, but really there is only about 5 games I really want for the console, barely worth a spending even $100 on a console really, but it is Nintendo so it gets a little more leeway.
---
Stay Cool!
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#14 Posted: 09:51:32 28/10/2015
my store has "red " Friday with like 30% off or more on like 20 things
None of which is gaming
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
#15 Posted: 17:25:42 28/10/2015
http://www.bfads.net/Toy-Books...?page=86#viewer

Sorta Black Friday realated, the 2015 TRU toy book. Dunno if the news here is old, but the Elites are out one a week, but no stated price, which is a bit odd. Voodood this Sunday, Zook the following Sunday and then Slam Bam the Sunday after that. I'm betting reviewers and pre-order people already have their hands on them right now though.

Starters still at their old MSRP, which is also very odd as it seems this price drop came rather suddenly. They shouldn't move any even with the stated "$10 discount when you buy a figure" sale. Doesn't TRU price match other stores? I saw the starters at Gamestop at their new lower price, but I've not been in TRU in a while to know if they went lower or not.

Anyway what interests me is the 4 exclusive mini-size comics as I got those last year too but from Gamestop. I assume they are just reprints of what was already out this past summer. This time around they come with a Battlecast Checklist, which I don't think anyone has seen yet (nor does many people really care about, right?).
---
Stay Cool!
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#16 Posted: 07:12:29 01/11/2015
Someone knows a good store who ships to Brazil SA figures? If we have a discount for Black Friday, I see if I can enjoy... I doubt. Things are hard here, but...
---
Bruh
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#17 Posted: 12:32:42 01/11/2015
I did all the Dark starters around Day 1 not knowing how fast they would sell, but I did the 360 & WiiU versions with my Gamers Club (making them $80) and had a $30 rewards cert I used at TRU for the Wii set ($70). Not Black Friday prices but I was happy regardless. I was planning on waiting until next year for the non-Dark starters, but I was able to find a Golden Hot Streak set, so I jumped on it. Then between Gamers Club and Best buy rewards, I got the remaining two Nintendo sets for $15 each so I can stay home this year!
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#18 Posted: 18:08:51 02/11/2015

Anyway, I'm also hoping that they'll finally have a $199.99 (or lower) Wii U WITH a decent sized hard drive inside (none of that lame 4GB ) AND bundled with a decent outdated Mario title (real disc only plz, no download code). That is something I have been waiting years for as I feel it's so wrong to pay over $200 for any console system unless it's so much more advanced at the time like a PS4 or Xbone. So far only that lame Skylanders Wii U bundle appeared on sale on BF for under $200, but that was some stupid TRU rewards club deal and none made it to the hour when normal customers were allowed in on the deal, the bastards. I'm betting no $200 Wii U's this year either. T_T;;;; It's so resistant to a reasonable (due to it's old age) price drop, and I would have caved in if they had a large enough library worth owning, but really there is only about 5 games I really want for the console, barely worth a spending even $100 on a console really, but it is Nintendo so it gets a little more leeway.

I don't remember the deal you're talking about, since I haven't been shopping for a Wii U, but are you just talking about the regular rewards membership? If so, then that is free, so "normal" customers usually have them. It's no different than having a rewards/loyalty card at another store.
#19 Posted: 18:47:22 02/11/2015
Here are some old TRU ads.

http://www.blackfridayarchive.com/Ad/ToysRUs/2014/24
http://www.blackfridayarchive.com/Ad/ToysRUs/2013/27

I think I'm confused with some other $200 Wii U Skylanders bundle sale that they ran. They do have a ton of Skylanders sales you know. Either way, a 4GB Wii U would suck as I'd want that Fatal Frame game and that's around 10GB. LOL I'm doubting I'll be seeing any Wii U below $299.99 this year sadly. I'm better off shopping Creigslist and getting a bundle off of some student wanting fast cash.
---
Stay Cool!
#20 Posted: 00:02:58 06/11/2015 | Topic Creator
we got one!

here are the mejjer deals!!

thanksgiving night-

[User Posted Image]

friday-

[User Posted Image]
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#21 Posted: 16:18:23 06/11/2015
Watching this thread like there's no tomorrow
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
#22 Posted: 01:06:23 07/11/2015 | Topic Creator
black friday ad for gamestop leaked

[User Posted Image]
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#23 Posted: 09:14:52 07/11/2015
buy 2 get 3 free, thats pretty crazy...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#24 Posted: 14:40:03 07/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: CountMoneyBone

on pre-owned ones only.
#25 Posted: 15:40:21 07/11/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone

on pre-owned ones only.

And they have had that deal at least twice already on non Black Friday days. Their Black Friday ad is pretty terrible. Some ok deals and lots of MSRP and deals other stores have all the time anyways.
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#26 Posted: 16:20:57 07/11/2015
$10 vehicles? Might as well pick up my Sea Shadow even though I still won't have the game.
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#27 Posted: 13:31:12 08/11/2015
Gah...knowing these sales, why did I pick up a Dual Pack again?
---
^This might be sarcasm.
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#28 Posted: 15:57:21 08/11/2015
So, I suppose that sale on the Black Friday ad for Gamestop will be active Black Friday? Time to save some moolah...
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#29 Posted: 16:12:27 08/11/2015
Guess I'm doing buy 2 get 3 for Disney infinity then because all the pre-owned skylanders my GameStop have are all ones I have.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Concept Yellow Sparx Gems: 1073
#30 Posted: 22:28:53 08/11/2015
In the Sam's Club Black Friday ad, they list the Superchargers Starter Packs for $37.88. http://www.bfads.net/Black-Fri...d?page=3#viewer
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#31 Posted: 23:55:00 08/11/2015
Quote: weebbby
$10 vehicles? Might as well pick up my Sea Shadow even though I still won't have the game.

Considering the vehicles can't be used past this game....this is what they should always cost. If they don't move them unless people wait for these sales, they'll get the point. I think they've outpriced themselves this time.
#32 Posted: 18:13:26 09/11/2015
Target toys to life Black Friday deals

34.99 Starters

$11 superchargers and vehicles

The whole ad
---
Dead
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 18:15:48 09/11/2015 by mega spyro
#33 Posted: 22:29:35 09/11/2015
That Target $249.99 32GB Wii U with Splatoon and Super Smash Bros downloads is VERY tempting. It would give me an excuse to collect the two Skyboos (Amilanders?) as well.

BUUUT I'm thinking a $299.99 PS4 is in my holiday plans as the PS3 is getting a little too out of date and I'm sure that all the Japanese-style games that I love (JRPGS, etc) will be released only for the PS4 in 2016. What's bad is that I cannot play PS3 games on the PS4, but then again it's not a huge deal either.

Sadly, it seems that Lego Dimensions isn't going cheap enough though. About $79.99? I was hoping for at least $49.99 for me to consider one. But I see Skylanders starters is going cheap as expected. Sadly I don't really want any of the current figure unless it's really cheap (under $5). I'm just waiting...and waiting...and WAITING for a Splat. Reminds me of how long I had to wait to get a Ninjini figure a few years ago.
---
Stay Cool!
#34 Posted: 23:54:52 09/11/2015
That Target $249.99 32GB Wii U with Splatoon and Super Smash Bros downloads is VERY tempting. It would give me an excuse to collect the two Skyboos (Amilanders?) as well.

BUUUT I'm thinking a $299.99 PS4 is in my holiday plans as the PS3 is getting a little too out of date and I'm sure that all the Japanese-style games that I love (JRPGS, etc) will be released only for the PS4 in 2016. What's bad is that I cannot play PS3 games on the PS4, but then again it's not a huge deal either.

Sadly, it seems that Lego Dimensions isn't going cheap enough though. About $79.99? I was hoping for at least $49.99 for me to consider one. But I see Skylanders starters is going cheap as expected. Sadly I don't really want any of the current figure unless it's really cheap (under $5). I'm just waiting...and waiting...and WAITING for a Splat. Reminds me of how long I had to wait to get a Ninjini figure a few years ago.

I know right? I have all the packs released so far, but I don't have the starter because it's really expensive, and I'm waiting 'till May to play it (so I'll have everything).
---
Dead
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#35 Posted: 01:51:19 10/11/2015
34.99 sounds good for the skylanders starter. Hopefully walamrt follows suit and does a preblackfriday on them at that price a week before like alst yearsmilie
#36 Posted: 01:54:02 10/11/2015 | Topic Creator
now we await the other 3 to follow suit.

TRU will be open for BF starting 5pm thanksgiving
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#37 Posted: 02:36:27 10/11/2015
$34.99, that's awesome. Gonna pick up the game then, I'll be keeping an eye out for figure sales but I've already got a few to use.

Hopefully stores have enough. Last year there didn't really seem to be too many out, but there wasn't a ridiculous amount of people swarming over them.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#38 Posted: 02:44:37 10/11/2015 | Topic Creator
my predictions for walmart/bb/tru

walmart-
starters on sale for a similar price to target
good figure deal

tru-
crappy bogo 70 percent off
a good starter deal
maybe a dark starter deal?

bb-
a bad starter deal
#39 Posted: 14:21:38 10/11/2015
Black Friday Ad for Best Buy is out, no deal on Skylanders (so far, they said they are holding some back for now). Looks like the best deal on the Starters (unless Walmart beats it, but judging from the already available Sam's Club ad they won't) is Target for $34.99. Not regretting going ahead when Best Buy had it for $49.99. Got it for $39.99 and the 3DS for $31.99 with GCU and now I don't have to fight Target BF crowds.
#40 Posted: 01:46:35 11/11/2015 | Topic Creator
best buy's ad is trash

tru's ad is probably gonna be trash

walmart plz be gud
#41 Posted: 02:49:12 12/11/2015
Walmart ad up on blackfriday.com

$37 Starters
$9 Vehicles
---
Dead
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:51:34 12/11/2015 by mega spyro
#42 Posted: 02:54:44 12/11/2015 | Topic Creator
walmart is gud

[User Posted Image]
#43 Posted: 02:55:48 12/11/2015
walmart is gud

[User Posted Image]

Target is better though.
---
Dead
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#44 Posted: 04:37:48 12/11/2015
Quote: mega spyro
walmart is gud

[User Posted Image]

Target is better though.

Well for the starter its a $2 diff (plus 5% if u have target red card). At this point it comes downt o which store your going to first for other stuff unless TRU does one better.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#45 Posted: 06:13:49 12/11/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Quote: weebbby

Considering the vehicles can't be used past this game....this is what they should always cost. If they don't move them unless people wait for these sales, they'll get the point. I think they've outpriced themselves this time.

Vehicles are going to drop down to $6 or less next year. Activision played with fire pricing the "one and done" vehicles at $15 and seem to be losing big time...merchandise isn't moving from stores and they've accelerated the cash pit fatigue people are experiencing by raising prices of their cheapest base figure...people are leaving the franchise in droves (and abandoning Toys to Life in general) and it's only going to get worse when people see their vehicles as the expensive paperweights for the next game (if the franchise even makes it to Sky 6). The only thing which might prolong the longevity of the franchise now is an animated cartoon series, but even then, they're going to have to rethink the current pricing trend to keep things alive.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#46 Posted: 14:56:40 12/11/2015
The TTL market is very saturated. Lego Dimensions product is VERY EXPANSIVE. I just looked at the aisle and couldn't breathe--it's a ton of stuff. At least with skylanders they inched it out there in waves and over years. That franchise looks to have skylanders first two games in terms of toys already delivered. Add to that Guitar Hero, etc. I'm guessing dollars will be spread thinner across the more entries and we'll have reached the tipping point. Skylanders isn't going to be vanquished this easy, but they need to prepare for leaner days ahead. I don't see them announcing 5 billion toys anytime soon.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:57:45 12/11/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#47 Posted: 23:56:48 12/11/2015
TRU ad up on Blackfriday.com

BOGO 80%!!!!!

39.99 Starters

Link
---
Dead
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:59:58 12/11/2015 by mega spyro
#48 Posted: 00:16:48 13/11/2015 | Topic Creator
LEGO DIMENSIONS FOR 64.99

TRU, I LOVE YOU
#49 Posted: 03:24:50 23/11/2015 | Topic Creator
IMPORTANT DEAL ALERT-

Toys R Us rewards members get access to the $35-45 starters and BOGO%40 deals RIGHT NAO
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#50 Posted: 05:54:45 23/11/2015
IMPORTANT DEAL ALERT-

Toys R Us rewards members get access to the $35-45 starters and BOGO%40 deals RIGHT NAO

Toys R Us is pathetic...they send out repeated emails to boast Black Friday pricing is in effect now for rewards members, but their best deals are on Thanksgiving Day (the previous day). BOGO 40% is a "sucker sale" as the true discount is 14-17% on each figure when your factor in the TRU markup (GCU at Best Buy beats those prices any day of the year). BOGO 80% on Skylanders is on Thanksgiving Day and to me, it's the only day of the year TRU has a somewhat competitive sale on figures from the newest game, but you still need to do your math. 2 vehicles come out to $20.40 ($17 + $3.40) with the BOGO 80% sale which is actually worse than the 2 for $20 sales we've already seen and the Walmart Black Friday pricing of $9. There really is very little reason to go down to TRU on a chaotic Thanksgiving Day.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me