Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Black Friday 2015 topic (all deals posted.)
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Black Friday 2015 topic (all deals posted.) [CLOSED]
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#51 Posted: 09:12:02 23/11/2015
i agree with you, TRU is the last place i go to now for new figures. for the old ones they got a good selection and really good deals on them every now and again. even then this last blowout they had of all old figures for 3 bucks, i think i got all the ones they still had in stock that i didnt have.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#52 Posted: 20:53:52 26/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Most starter pack deals are live now online.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#53 Posted: 21:47:51 26/11/2015
Walmart.com has the figures and vehicles up for $9 with free ship to store. Keep in mind the Walmart deal on vehicles at $9 is cheaper than BOGO 80% at TRU and you can buy odd numbers without worrying about buying in pairs.

It's quite sad...the deals I've seen today on the Superchargers starter packs aren't getting much attention on deals sites. The Amazon lightning deals on starter packs didn't get even close to selling out as they did with prior games.
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#54 Posted: 22:25:17 26/11/2015
I seem to be in the minority here who LIKES shopping at TRU.

I would rather spend a bit more at TRU then buy at Walmart.
---
Hahahahaha
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:30:01 26/11/2015 by GaiaMemories
#55 Posted: 22:26:27 26/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: GaiaMemories

I would rather spend a bit more at TRU ten buyat Walmart.

agreed!!
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#56 Posted: 22:26:40 26/11/2015

I would rather spend a bit more at TRU ten buy at Walmart.

Yeah, same here.
---
Dead
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:39:52 26/11/2015 by mega spyro
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#57 Posted: 23:01:00 26/11/2015

I feel the opposite. If it wasn't for price gouging on the figures, we'd maybe still be living in the $7.99 wonderland. Thank Gamestop for bumping up the price to $9.99. (Although, maybe it was planned all along who knows)

That being said, I did just pick up the Sea Shadow from Walmart. With all the money I dumped on Amiibo, I decided to just get the basics now for the game and worry about picking up the other figures later on.

Speaking of which, has anyone noticed any particular characters selling out or not being in good supply? I don't want another fiasco like Trap Team where I waited a long time for the fire trap master and had to settle for Ka-Boom instead of Wildfire and the Light playset was entirely non-existent any more .
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#58 Posted: 23:03:15 26/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyroflame0487

I feel the opposite. If it wasn't for price gouging on the figures, we'd maybe still be living in the $7.99 wonderland. Thank Gamestop for bumping up the price to $9.99. (Although, maybe it was planned all along who knows)

That being said, I did just pick up the Sea Shadow from Walmart. With all the money I dumped on Amiibo, I decided to just get the basics now for the game and worry about picking up the other figures later on.

Speaking of which, has anyone noticed any particular characters selling out or not being in good supply? I don't want another fiasco like Trap Team where I waited a long time for the fire trap master and had to settle for Ka-Boom instead of Wildfire and the Light playset was entirely non-existent any more .

i haven't seen a lot of regular fiestas.
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#59 Posted: 23:30:27 26/11/2015
I prefer shopping at TRU for the selection and it seems like I usually know when to look for new figures there. Other stores are usually a guess or I find out later and miss out on the best selections.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:31:05 26/11/2015 by 4inCreation
#60 Posted: 23:57:01 26/11/2015
I wasn't trying to start a Walmart vs TRU debate. I was just suggesting ordering online on Walmart.com for $9 and picking up in store (you don't need to rush out tonight) at your convenience once the store gets it. The price points are $9 each at Walmart/Walmart.com or 2 for $20.30 ($17 + $3.40) for vehicles in store only at TRU tonight with the BOGO 80% sale. If you prefer to rush out during Thanksgiving Day madness at TRU for the sake of selection and paying an extra $2.30 in the process per 2 vehicles, by all means, go ahead. It doesn't make any sense, but hey, it's your time and your money. To be fair and balanced, the best deal for actual Superchargers is at TRU in store tonight...you pay $16.80 ($14 + $2.80) for 2 figures vs $18 for 2 at Walmart, though I will say that Toys R Us sales are pretty much smoke and mirrors with their surcharge most of the other 364 days of the year. You really do need to do your math before running out for sales. The fact that Toys R Us has been sending me emails almost every day this week for their Black Friday pricing is quite sleazy considering it's BOGO 40% off Skylanders and pretty much all their best prices are on Thanksgiving and not on Black Friday.

I can't believe anybody here is complaining about wanting selection...it's nonsense...pretty much everything Superchargers has been in great supply at every store I've gone to. Nothing Superchargers is rare.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:16:07 27/11/2015 by mastermc54
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#61 Posted: 02:26:23 27/11/2015
Selection meaning the best paint jobs. If you get to pick from the full shipment, you will get a better looking figure.
#62 Posted: 03:57:21 27/11/2015
Quote: 4inCreation
Selection meaning the best paint jobs. If you get to pick from the full shipment, you will get a better looking figure.

Every hobby and collector segment has it's high maintenance population who value museum quality pieces of their toys, even if it means paying more than the next average Joe collector who doesn't mind an average paint job as long as the figure doesn't look visibility flawed or screwed up. At the end of the day, my statement stands about most TRU "sales" not being worthwhile most of the time once the math is done...though have fun seeing past that and paying a premium for the privilege of picking out a better paint job...to each their own.
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#63 Posted: 06:43:33 27/11/2015
Quote: mastermc54
I wasn't trying to start a Walmart vs TRU debate. I was just suggesting ordering online on Walmart.com for $9 and picking up in store (you don't need to rush out tonight) at your convenience once the store gets it. The price points are $9 each at Walmart/Walmart.com or 2 for $20.30 ($17 + $3.40) for vehicles in store only at TRU tonight with the BOGO 80% sale. If you prefer to rush out during Thanksgiving Day madness at TRU for the sake of selection and paying an extra $2.30 in the process per 2 vehicles, by all means, go ahead. It doesn't make any sense, but hey, it's your time and your money. To be fair and balanced, the best deal for actual Superchargers is at TRU in store tonight...you pay $16.80 ($14 + $2.80) for 2 figures vs $18 for 2 at Walmart, though I will say that Toys R Us sales are pretty much smoke and mirrors with their surcharge most of the other 364 days of the year. You really do need to do your math before running out for sales. The fact that Toys R Us has been sending me emails almost every day this week for their Black Friday pricing is quite sleazy considering it's BOGO 40% off Skylanders and pretty much all their best prices are on Thanksgiving and not on Black Friday.

I can't believe anybody here is complaining about wanting selection...it's nonsense...pretty much everything Superchargers has been in great supply at every store I've gone to. Nothing Superchargers is rare.

I didn't intend it as a debate, just stating that my personal experience with Walmart isn't all that great. And no way would I go out on Black Friday, to much craziness.

For me TRU may charge more but the service is so much better that I'm willing to pay.
---
Hahahahaha
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#64 Posted: 14:12:11 27/11/2015
ToysRUs sent out another black friday email, and this time, it has a picture of Night Fall in the ad. smilie no she's not available at least not online, and not yet.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#65 Posted: 16:33:24 27/11/2015
Most of these "sales" are in store only. Major bust.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#66 Posted: 16:34:35 27/11/2015
Quote: Portal___Master
ToysRUs sent out another black friday email, and this time, it has a picture of Night Fall in the ad. smilie no she's not available at least not online, and not yet.

Yeah they have quite a bit of fun putting rarer figures in their ads. I think they still feature Boomer in just about everything showing SSA.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#67 Posted: 17:48:54 27/11/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Most of these "sales" are in store only. Major bust.

Compared to prior years, there haven't been any great online sales this year...we saw plenty of lightning deals involving figures at Amazon the past few years...it seems Skylanders figures have been left out this year. And Best Buy has been noticeably absent from all figure/vehicle sales this year...it was great having sales and GCU discount stack in the past. Still, if you have Best Buy GCU, the 20% off regular price beats out the bottom line cost you'd pay at TRU with their ever-so-frequent BOGO 40% off "sales."

To get back to the topic of Black Friday, how are TRU stores looking after last night's BOGO 80% off sale? I didn't go this year, but when I went last year, the Trap Team stuff was picked over pretty well...evidence that sales were strong and stuff was still flying off the shelves.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#68 Posted: 18:37:51 27/11/2015
Oh I'm totally talking about Black Friday. I see all of the "sales" mentioned on the first page, but online these links say "store only" and online ordering not available. Multiple stores as well. Weird.

I too would like to know how the stores fared (TRU I suppose).
#69 Posted: 19:02:15 27/11/2015
I stand corrected...Amazon does have upcoming Skylanders figure deals, but they don't don't pop up in the traditional lightning deals ticker. You have to scroll down, but here is a link...

http://www.amazon.com/b?node=8021566011
#70 Posted: 02:07:30 28/11/2015 | Topic Creator
going to TRU in a few... wish me luck!!
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me