Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Superchargers already reduced in price [CLOSED]
SkylanderGoo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1195
#1 Posted: 04:07:09 23/10/2015 | Topic Creator
GameStop has already reduced prices in starter packs to 49.99 for the regular and 75 for the dark edition. One of the managers said its not selling well compared to Lego Dimensions and Infinity.

I don't know why they would reduce it only a month after release and tight before the holiday season.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#2 Posted: 05:16:26 23/10/2015
With the high competition in Toys-to-Life genre, Skylanders needs to be competitive in price. These reduced prices can help the sales.

Or it's just big stock that won't sell.
---
Bruh
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#3 Posted: 06:27:47 23/10/2015
Trap Team came out October 2nd last year and dropped to $40 7 weeks later (maybe sooner, but I know it was $40 the week before Thanksgiving).

We're about five weeks into it and it's dropped to $50 this year. I think it's a little bit slower adoption of the starters combined with Activision realizing that they can sell the razor handles for cheaper since they move plenty or razor cartridges, combined with retailers trying to get the jump on moving the inventory - they *know* it's going to go cheap for Black Friday. Why wait until that week to drop it to $40 when folks can just go to Walmart or whomever and pick it up for the same price if they can drop it to a higher price now and beat the competition?

Why is everyone so quick to press the Panic button on the franchise?
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#4 Posted: 06:37:35 23/10/2015
I wish I had the money for a 3DS starter and a Wii U dark edition smilie
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#5 Posted: 06:41:53 23/10/2015
39.99 for the 3DS at Gamestop. Too bad it's a pure race game as I'm missing my yearly complentary Skylanders game.
---
Stay Cool!
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#6 Posted: 07:47:48 23/10/2015
That price cut won't happen in my country smilie. Not so early at least.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#7 Posted: 12:29:40 23/10/2015
Good info.

UncleBob hit the nail though. No reason to 'panic'.

Also, lets be honest. If you tracked sales of the game so far, Gamestop hasn't had ANY, they even stopped their used figure sale the day before SSC was released. Gamestop has by far been the worst place to buy SSC, on the flipside however, LD is expensive 'everywhere', with to my knowledge only TRU having sales on it...really weird sales, and DI sales have been on old inventory and are getting that 'Star Wars' boost. So buying that stuff from Gamestop makes more sense.

Of the big box stores, Best Buy & TRU are most likely the best barometers...Target doesn't keep inventory and Walmart is a joke, so until one of those two act like its time to 'fold up'...and Best Buy might be the better barometer...but untilk they fold up shop, I wouldn't worry about it.
-Unreall
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#8 Posted: 17:51:38 23/10/2015
Quite honestly, nobody here has any reason to "panic" as that lies with Activision executives and we all have zero say or control in the future of the franchise if sales are pitiful with Superchargers. The talk in support of or against poor sales of Superchargers is all speculation except for those who have gone into stores and commented that stock isn't moving from stores. I personally don't go into stores enough to gauge if any stock has really been sold in any given store from week to week. Sales have never been uniform across retailers, so the point of a price drop at TRU or Best Buy being a real indicator of poor sales is quite moot. If there is a price drop at both of them, I would say it's a MAJOR cause for concern as it means retailers are getting very desperate to sell starter packs and want to avoid sitting on dead stock. I would assume all other retailers will have to follow suit if Amazon and GameStop keep with the reduced prices...otherwise, they'll all have a glut of starter packs which aren't selling. In case you guys haven't seen the writing on the wall, the franchise is in a serious decline. There's just a handful of reviews on Amazon.com for Superchargers while there were tons of them on past games...people just aren't buying the new Skylanders starter packs and have either moved onto trying a new Toys to Life franchise or have wisened up to the cash grab altogether and have quit Toys to Life. It'll be interesting to see what kind of sales come around this Christmas season. Most retailers have already made up their Black Friday ads, so we may not see major sales different from past years around Thanksgiving, but expect huge fire sales come Christmas season and early 2016 if sales of Superchargers figures/vehicles are really down this year because of the lack of people purchasing starter packs compared with previous games.
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#9 Posted: 18:19:06 23/10/2015
Well at first it is the same procedure as every year. Lowering the price for the starter pack is a good way to get custumers to buy your product and of course additional figues afterwards. But I am sure that it is true that especially Lego Dimensions is selling better. That is not only a personal impression but also what I hear from employees in stores. While I don't wanna discuss the reasons for that (especially the lack of a Skylanders TV series!), I'd like to point out, that competition is not only a thing to worry about but also a chance for better prices and better games/products. A monopoly is bad for the customers even though the capital usually doesn't think that way. Obviously.

And by the way, in their latest info graphic they still call themselves creators of the world's number 1 kids game. Funny sidenote: "Including toys and accessories" and "since 2011". So, yeah, they sold more games, figures and accessories since 2011 than Lego Dimensions since October 1st 2015. But yeah, that's how PR works - always ready to claim they are the best.
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
#10 Posted: 22:29:20 23/10/2015
Competition is good for consumers (lower prices), but not for the video game company...Activision has been known to milk their cash cow and bail when competition steps in and the novelty of their products starts wearing off. Remember how they bailed on the Guitar/Band/DJ Hero franchise after a few years of peddling plastic to the tunes of big profits. The competition (Rock Band) certainly didn't make Activision step up the game with their Hero series. When given the chance to either produce a more quality product in the face of competition or to fold after milking profits, Activision has been the company to fold and move onto the next big thing. However, they might revisit it years later like they've done with Guitar Hero Live, so there's that...
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#11 Posted: 22:44:16 23/10/2015
But in comparison, GH had like three games per year with little difference and it defined milking a franchise until it's dry. Yearly game isn't going to be healthy in the long run for Skylanders,but it's not AS bad.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#12 Posted: 23:04:02 23/10/2015
The difference is that the market was obviously saturated which basically can't happen in the toys to life business because kids will always like action figures and monsters. And, you know, Guitar Hero is not only the same concept every game but more like, uhm, the same game every game. With a few new tracks to play. After thinking about it, I come to the conclusion that one cannot compare those two prodcts. Even though it might seem like a plausible idea. The target audience is key here.
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
#13 Posted: 00:06:03 24/10/2015
Quote: Bifrost
But in comparison, GH had like three games per year with little difference and it defined milking a franchise until it's dry. Yearly game isn't going to be healthy in the long run for Skylanders,but it's not AS bad.

Quote: myskylanders
The difference is that the market was obviously saturated which basically can't happen in the toys to life business because kids will always like action figures and monsters. And, you know, Guitar Hero is not only the same concept every game but more like, uhm, the same game every game. With a few new tracks to play. After thinking about it, I come to the conclusion that one cannot compare those two prodcts. Even though it might seem like a plausible idea. The target audience is key here.

While no direct comparisons can be made between the franchises, the track record of Activision definitely doesn't bode well for Skylanders. The fatigue many are feeling with more & more figures and the yearly cash grab with Toys to Life certainly doesn't help and leads to abandonment of these hybrid toy action/video game figures. I'm not just talking Skylanders...I'm lumping in Disney Infinity, Nintendo Amiibo, Lego Dimensions, and that new Marvel thing (I have no clue what it is, but saw it in the Toys For Life aisle at Target). This is a rocky/uncertain period for Toys to Life and overall sales are bound to steadily decline. In 2 years time, it's certainly going to be a different landscape and playing field if Toys to Life is still around.
#14 Posted: 00:13:04 24/10/2015
Well,considering the mess they got themselves with forcing COD devs to finish on time with no extra hours paid, or the amount of money lost to GH because of too many games the same year that bombed,it's possible they learned their lesson and aren't pressuring the devs until it's like shovelware. Maybe. Possibly. I hope.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:13:36 24/10/2015 by Bifrost
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#15 Posted: 01:27:49 24/10/2015
Plus many game magazines rated Di 3 and LD higher than SSC 3
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
#16 Posted: 01:34:28 24/10/2015
You didn't even read my comment,did you.
---
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#17 Posted: 02:45:21 24/10/2015
Quote: myskylanders
Well at first it is the same procedure as every year. Lowering the price for the starter pack is a good way to get custumers to buy your product and of course additional figues afterwards. But I am sure that it is true that especially Lego Dimensions is selling better. That is not only a personal impression but also what I hear from employees in stores. While I don't wanna discuss the reasons for that (especially the lack of a Skylanders TV series!), I'd like to point out, that competition is not only a thing to worry about but also a chance for better prices and better games/products. A monopoly is bad for the customers even though the capital usually doesn't think that way. Obviously.

A Skylanders TV series might be hard to achieve given that I would guess some of the voice talent would have, but a movie would help to boost sales you would think. I like the idea either way. Time to elect myskylanders to the Activision board.

Back on the point of potentially slow sales I considered myself a collector but I can't bring myself to buy any of the Trap Team characters that I skipped (lots) or any of the many traps I didn't buy. I have also finished this game now from a story point of view so I have no motivation to buy any of the wave 2 characters I see trickling into stores now. It still seems a big character roster for the length of the game even though the ratio seems so much better this year than last year.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#18 Posted: 17:04:58 24/10/2015
bestbuy is showing for next week
Skylanders SuperChargers Starter Pack :wiiu: - $49.99
#19 Posted: 17:10:47 24/10/2015
Quote: kaosmumishot

A Skylanders TV series might be hard to achieve given that I would guess some of the voice talent would have, but a movie would help to boost sales you would think. I like the idea either way. Time to elect myskylanders to the Activision board.

Acti said that they know they could hire someone to do a TV series or movie but they want to do it in-house with their own teams. They might be waiting for the reception of the Rachet and Clank movie to try it out,since it's the same case.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:12:31 24/10/2015 by Bifrost
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#20 Posted: 17:24:20 24/10/2015
They could use Panda Panther, Blur Studios (Trap Team and SuperChargers commercials), or the video game assets to make a movie or tv series. The last one is the case for the Ratchet and Clank movie.
#21 Posted: 18:19:17 24/10/2015
Quote: SlayerX11

Not bad at all...$40 for those with GCU. But I have a feeling it will drop even further, so I can wait it out. In the meantime, I have my dark versions of Donkey Kong and Bowser to keep me company. I might just wait it out until next year when starter packs are $20 or less for my "double dipping" for the regular versions of the characters.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#22 Posted: 02:36:52 25/10/2015
Quote: mastermc54
Quote: SlayerX11

Not bad at all...$40 for those with GCU. But I have a feeling it will drop even further, so I can wait it out. In the meantime, I have my dark versions of Donkey Kong and Bowser to keep me company. I might just wait it out until next year when starter packs are $20 or less for my "double dipping" for the regular versions of the characters.

There also a $5 off u can get for buying a $50 gift card on bestbuy.com. So you could get it for $35, which is tempting. Figure after tax and all u'd have around $10 left for a future game or towards a single character etc.
https://bestbuy.cashstar.com/gift-card/buy/

Also it seems to be all versions:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/se...GcfHu4txuzmoapQ
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 08:37:30 25/10/2015 by SlayerX11
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#23 Posted: 09:07:25 25/10/2015
Quite honestly, nobody here has any reason to "panic" as that lies with Activision executives and we all have zero say or control in the future of the franchise if sales are pitiful with Superchargers. The talk in support of or against poor sales of Superchargers is all speculation except for those who have gone into stores and commented that stock isn't moving from stores. I personally don't go into stores enough to gauge if any stock has really been sold in any given store from week to week. Sales have never been uniform across retailers, so the point of a price drop at TRU or Best Buy being a real indicator of poor sales is quite moot. If there is a price drop at both of them, I would say it's a MAJOR cause for concern as it means retailers are getting very desperate to sell starter packs and want to avoid sitting on dead stock. I would assume all other retailers will have to follow suit if Amazon and GameStop keep with the reduced prices...otherwise, they'll all have a glut of starter packs which aren't selling. In case you guys haven't seen the writing on the wall, the franchise is in a serious decline. There's just a handful of reviews on Amazon.com for Superchargers while there were tons of them on past games...people just aren't buying the new Skylanders starter packs and have either moved onto trying a new Toys to Life franchise or have wisened up to the cash grab altogether and have quit Toys to Life. It'll be interesting to see what kind of sales come around this Christmas season. Most retailers have already made up their Black Friday ads, so we may not see major sales different from past years around Thanksgiving, but expect huge fire sales come Christmas season and early 2016 if sales of Superchargers figures/vehicles are really down this year because of the lack of people purchasing starter packs compared with previous games.

correct thats what happening...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#24 Posted: 12:06:48 25/10/2015
Wow, my favorite game series has less reviews on amazon, surely,it is doomed forever! It TOTALLY doesn't happen with other series as people get too lazy to give it reviews.

C'mon guys this is getting almost comical.
---
#25 Posted: 12:28:29 25/10/2015
yeah its comical when some here are living in denial of what is actually happening.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#26 Posted: 12:35:41 25/10/2015
It's especially comical when all your posts are about how the series is doomed and you haven't said anything good about it in months, kinda like you never liked it at all.
---
#27 Posted: 16:25:13 25/10/2015
How can someone judge a game's success by just Amazon reviews?
To know if the game is successful, you need a large search in all major retailers, minor retailers, reviews from critics, public, in and out of sites like Metacritic, and many other researchers. Amazon reviews are not the word that defines all.
---
Bruh
#28 Posted: 17:23:36 25/10/2015
Quote: Crash10
How can someone judge a game's success by just Amazon reviews?
To know if the game is successful, you need a large search in all major retailers, minor retailers, reviews from critics, public, in and out of sites like Metacritic, and many other researchers. Amazon reviews are not the word that defines all.

Nobody is judging the game's success from one thing, but there's a certain lack of objectivity for those arguing the franchise is full speed ahead. Some aren't willing to accept that lots of people are dropping out of Toys to Life in general because of both the cash grab and toy fatigue after all these years and so many different franchises out right now. Objective discussion includes a willingness to accept the telltale signs of decline...some of which include stock not moving from stores and starter packs being on sale so early (including dark editions...a first for the franchise)...and yes, a lack of reviews for Superchargers on Amazon.com is a part of it. Face it, parents aren't jumping on board with the new game year after year blindly like us fans. I don't want to see the franchise die, but I can see the writing on the wall...and it extends to Disney Infinity, Nintendo Amiibo, Lego Dimensions, and the new Marvel thing out...there will be a burnout within 1-3 years due to the glut of toys, the cash grab, and novelty of Toys to life wearing off. You ALWAYS encounter debate and lack of objectivity when suggesting a turn for the worse in any fan forum (not just Skylanders)...just try to keep an open mind.
#29 Posted: 17:30:57 25/10/2015
There's 'there are this tons of evidence that the game might be losing speed' and 'YES THIS IS EVIDENCE THE NEXT GAME WILL BOMB', mastermc54. In harsher terms,people are nitpicking your arguments to say they're the ultimate truth and everyone else is in denial instead of a big possibility. (So not directed to you at all.)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:31:32 25/10/2015 by Bifrost
#30 Posted: 17:33:09 25/10/2015
Maybe these things are not selling well, but saying something like CountMoneyBone, that the whole market will crash just because of less Amazon reviews is a bit too much.
---
Bruh
#31 Posted: 18:09:49 25/10/2015
There's 'there are this tons of evidence that the game might be losing speed' and 'YES THIS IS EVIDENCE THE NEXT GAME WILL BOMB', mastermc54. In harsher terms,people are nitpicking your arguments to say they're the ultimate truth and everyone else is in denial instead of a big possibility. (So not directed to you at all.)

All good...thanks for your understanding. But since when have been giving credence to anything Countmoneybone says? He's been negative for anything Skylanders for several games now. We've heard the "I'm not getting the next Skylanders game" or "it's not worth it" rhetoric for a while now. He's still around these forums, so I'm assuming he's still a fan of the franchise despite being a downer about everything?!?!? He's our confused friend that doesn't seem to want to go away. I like to think he adds an odd and unusual spice to our community. I just laugh at the antics after a while smilie
#32 Posted: 18:28:02 25/10/2015
Maybe these things are not selling well, but saying something like CountMoneyBone, that the whole market will crash just because of less Amazon reviews is a bit too much.

i never said it will crash because of less amazon reviews... read what mastermc54 says again. it makes sense, and that guy say what i have been saying a long time now. its good to see others here seeing what is actually happening.

All good...thanks for your understanding. But since when have been giving credence to anything Countmoneybone says? He's been negative for anything Skylanders for several games now. We've heard the "I'm not getting the next Skylanders game" or "it's not worth it" rhetoric for a while now. He's still around these forums, so I'm assuming he's still a fan of the franchise despite being a downer about everything?!?!? He's our confused friend that doesn't seem to want to go away. I like to think he adds an odd and unusual spice to our community. I just laugh at the antics after a while smilie

yes im negative because i am not happy and i feel very disappointed, i loved the skylanders games and i have spent a lot of money and time on this franchise since ssa. and i feel it slowly fell apart with stt, and my worst fear happen when ssc was a reality, it got even worse... and as you said now yourself, the franchise is in a serious decline, its no laughing matter. i just hope we can get back on track with the skylanders6 and that tfb will rectify the damage.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:12:21 25/10/2015 by TTD
#33 Posted: 18:38:52 25/10/2015
I understand your point MoneyBone. But, what exactly you want back in Skylanders to be good again? Also, what do you think that SuperChargers made good?
---
Bruh
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#34 Posted: 18:39:11 25/10/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone

i never said it will crash because of less amazon reviews... read what mastermc54 says again. it makes sense, and that guy say what i have been saying a long time now. its good to see others here seeing what is actually happening.

Except you've been very negative on Skylanders since Trap Team and perhaps even longer. You'll always be super negative on the games, Count, even taking someone else's word on their cons regarding the games.

CountMoneyBone (2014 - present) schedule -
New game revealed, bash that game, new details posted, still bash it, game released, don't buy game (or buy it anyway secretly) then bash it anyway for the heck of trying to back up your claims.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:40:44 25/10/2015 by Aura24
#35 Posted: 18:55:56 25/10/2015
Come on guys...don't gang up on the Count. You're just egging him on. There's no ill intent from his towards any forum members here. We all know what to expect from him based on past posting on these forums. He's welcome here as are all other Skylanders fans despite any negativity. He hopes the franchise improves as per his post above...nothing wrong with that. Be the bigger person and don't let his opinions which may oppose yours get under your skin. Everybody is entitled to their own opinions. Keep this a friendly community.
#36 Posted: 19:01:52 25/10/2015
Quote: Aura24
Quote: CountMoneyBone

Except you've been very negative on Skylanders since Trap Team and perhaps even longer. You'll always be super negative on the games, Count, even taking someone else's word on their cons regarding the games.

CountMoneyBone (2014 - present) schedule -
New game revealed, bash that game, new details posted, still bash it, game released, don't buy game (or buy it anyway secretly) then bash it anyway for the heck of trying to back up your claims.

i looked forward to stt, i was totally into it and geared up to get it... until it released and then the disappointment happen one after another. this is well documented in the forum but to sum it up short here... as you know there was bugs, not a few bugs, but a lot of bugs. then the elements gates was locked to trappers only. and then powerups was locked away in the adventure packs that was very hard to get. then there was impossible to complete the traps, because the shops wasnt getting new stocks.. it was a nightmare. in the end i got the game by a friend in a trade, also i got the adventure packs, found them once in a shop and never seen them again. then i also got one of each element of the traps.. it was hard going from shops day after day hoping and i know i could risk not getting the complete game. it was a lot of frustration, anger and disappointment... when it comes to ssc i was yet again geared up and totally into getting it but then it was racing and the disappointment was here again. but this time i decided i was not gonna go through the same again as i did with stt, so i am not buying it at all.. as you see im not much around here now days. i only comes in to check out stuff now and then, because i am still interested in skylanders. but i am more looking forward to the new effort from tfb now days, it might take a while before it arrive but it is nice with a break from the franchise.

I understand your point MoneyBone. But, what exactly you want back in Skylanders to be good again? Also, what do you think that SuperChargers made good?

i want the focus on platform and brawling back.. and hopefully no need for serious bug fixing because they released a broken game. when i go and invest 1000 dollars i want a game finish and working as it should from day one...

what i like with ssc is that there finally is a online functionality. and i like the platforming/brawling in the game where you can do that... and that they have me countmoneybone back as a villain in the game again.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:11:51 25/10/2015 by TTD
#37 Posted: 19:12:54 25/10/2015
Seriously, I see almost of all things that you wish come true. While I hate buggy games, I can understand that it's not VV or TfB fault, it's Activision, that rushes the development to sell the game at the date they want. Money Bone is a little unlikely, unless by a cameo or a minor appearance.
---
Bruh
#38 Posted: 19:15:47 25/10/2015
Come on guys...don't gang up on the Count. You're just egging him on. There's no ill intent from his towards any forum members here. We all know what to expect from him based on past posting on these forums. He's welcome here as are all other Skylanders fans despite any negativity. He hopes the franchise improves as per his post above...nothing wrong with that. Be the bigger person and don't let his opinions which may oppose yours get under your skin. Everybody is entitled to their own opinions. Keep this a friendly community.

thanks man, good you understand.. as you said i have no ill intent towards any forum members here. its just sometimes its hard and frustrating. everything started with spyro as many others here and i got ssa because of spyro, so i have been invested in and enjoying the skylanders games for a long time.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#39 Posted: 19:39:16 25/10/2015
If it's always hard and frustrating, it looks more like you never liked it at all.

This isn't the first fandom where this happens, thinking that ain't special and never was. Ask people in the Sonic one. They'll spend more time whining about Boom instead of discussing what they actually like,what they could improve(in a non-CHANGE EVERYTHING IT'S HOPELESS way), and they'll be the last to even imply they enjoyed something and only contribute with negativity and toxicity.
If all of your discussions lately have been about how you hate X and how you hate that people react over it, maybe it's time to take a step back and rethink. Seeing both sides of the matter goes a long way.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:39:50 25/10/2015 by Bifrost
#40 Posted: 19:48:10 25/10/2015
Not exactly, Bifrost. I mean, he's too much negative, but it doesn't mean he doesn't like the games. He said that it's frustrating since Trap Team. Yes, he NEEDS to be less negative, but being like that doesn't mean he doesn't like the games. This mean he wants the game the way he want. That's not exactly good, but at least, he's not that people that thinks that everything is perfect. Not saying about anyone here, but, as you said that there are too critical Sonic fans, there are the ones that think that all Sonic games (including 2006 and Boom) are perfect.
---
Bruh
#41 Posted: 19:54:24 25/10/2015
I don't remember the last good thing he said about the entire series other than 'it was better before'.

Both people who think that everything is bad or everything is perfect only harm a good discussion. I will stop at that, I've learned to not waste time with this since I have better things to talk about when it comes to the game.
---
#42 Posted: 20:10:11 25/10/2015
Ok, just don't be harsh with him. Just talk friendly and solve the problem. I don't like to talk these type of things about a game that just should be fun, but a good and healthy discussion, even from bad things, can be good to everyone.
---
Bruh
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#43 Posted: 20:31:54 25/10/2015
If he keeps up with his negative charade for the heck of it and nothing more, being friendly may not be enough to solve it. But... whatever.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#44 Posted: 20:38:36 25/10/2015
Quote: Aura24
If he keeps up with his negative charade for the heck of it and nothing more, being friendly may not be enough to solve it. But... whatever.

I think that you're right. Sorry MoneyBone, but you need to be less negative, or will be worse for you.
---
Bruh
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#45 Posted: 23:45:31 25/10/2015
Why would you even care this much, as if the sales dropping of a Skylander game is going to kill you or something. I shouldn't expect anything different from the Count anyways.
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#46 Posted: 23:53:27 25/10/2015
All standard versions of games come out discounted in Australia. Skylanders starter is/was $64 and Lego dimensions starter is on sale for $99. Doesn't mean anything. Toys to like make money on the figures someone who owns the is more likely to buy extra figures.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
#47 Posted: 12:13:14 27/10/2015
FYI - I was shopping at a Target store last night and they had the Superchargers starter packs marked down to $50 as well (I don't think it was in the print ad, but they had sales tags out). So this week, the $50 packs are available at Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop, and Target.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#48 Posted: 13:28:12 27/10/2015
Quote: UncleBob
Trap Team came out October 2nd last year and dropped to $40 7 weeks later (maybe sooner, but I know it was $40 the week before Thanksgiving).

We're about five weeks into it and it's dropped to $50 this year. I think it's a little bit slower adoption of the starters combined with Activision realizing that they can sell the razor handles for cheaper since they move plenty or razor cartridges, combined with retailers trying to get the jump on moving the inventory - they *know* it's going to go cheap for Black Friday. Why wait until that week to drop it to $40 when folks can just go to Walmart or whomever and pick it up for the same price if they can drop it to a higher price now and beat the competition?

Why is everyone so quick to press the Panic button on the franchise?

Well, I agree - to a point. We have always seen sales pop up from different retailers, particularly once Black Friday comes around. You kind of expect a deep discount come Black Friday. But, what is different is this appears to be an across the board price drop - almost all major retailers. I get the feeling they are feeling jumpy and want to get the early jump on Black Friday, when all the other toys to life games will also be on sale. It doesn't give the feeling of them really being in a commanding position in the market. It seems a little like panic. It feels like they are anxious to get the Starters in people hands so they commit to that franchise first, because many parents will choose one and only one - then get figures for that.

The Starter packs for all of the toys to life games are truly "razor handles". But, unlike razor handles, you can always just play the starter and complete the game and be done with it. In fact many will do just that. The game is perfectly useful even if you never buy another "razor blade".

I wouldn't panic (I'm surely not), but the age of Skylanders being head and shoulders above the rest have ended. Activision knows they have a real fight for shelf space and mind share. Christmas will make or break Skylanders, toys to life is a huge investment for a publisher and the retailers. It's going to have a big influence on future yearly iterations.
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#49 Posted: 13:36:55 27/10/2015
I agree with the above posts and I've written this before... CountMoneyBone, why do you keep coming on this site? Just to get your daily dose of complaining in? When a human being is disappointed or loses interest in something, do you know what he or she normally does? WALK AWAY.

I used to like the band The Naked and Famous. Now they're awful. You don't see me crawling through music forums wailing about the decline and grasping for what's long gone.

Back on OP topic: I agree that SSC has had a lukewarm rollout, below what I was personally expecting. I think the franchise is still in good shape, but next year will a turning point for better or worse. With the games on 2-year dev cycles, TfB will have had the entire development of S7 to react to the fizzle that was Trap Team (and now SSC's marginal success).
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#50 Posted: 07:53:16 06/11/2015
Welp. It has become like $90NZD or somthing where I am.
Eb games is full price as usual.
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me