Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Flight Rising 14: Return of the Revenge!
Page 1 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23 24
Flight Rising 14: Return of the Revenge!
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#1 Posted: 20:54:28 16/10/2015 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

ERMEHGERD DERGENS!!!11!!shift

For those who aren't aware, Flight Rising is a dragon based site where you are forever breeding dragons to the perfect colors and genders, then dress them up and give them pretty genes to flaunt them and make yourself look like a better dragon breeder than everyone else. While waiting for eggs to hatch, you can send the dragons you already have to fight to the death in the coliseum then cry over never getting the rare items from it, or play simple browser games to raise money for more dragons.

The game has the userbase divided into 11 elemental flights where every week they fight for dominance (and bragging rights) over the other 10. Each user chooses which flight they wish to be in upon joining and may switch at the cost of some gems (first switch is free though). You can also sacrifice yours dragons in ways that aren't specifically explained to your flight's given god and banish them from the site forever.Each flight has its own holiday during the last week of each month, except for December, that has the Night of the Nocturne event. During these holidays, special familiars, apparel, and other goodies celebrating all things regarding that flight.

The Eleven Flights:
Arcane - Nerdy stargazers. (Starfall Celebration in September)
Earth - Most boring flight. Never join. (Rockbreaker's Celebration in November)
Fire - Filthy blacksmiths. (Flameforger's Festival in August)
Ice - Grumpy old hoarders. (Cystalline Gala in January)
Light - Everybody's Indiana Jones. (Brightshine Jubilee in June)
Lightning - Hyperactive engineers. (Thundercrack Carnivale in July)
Nature - Hippy tree-huggers. (Greenkeeper gathering in May)
Plague - NASTYYYY! (Riot of Rot in October)
Shadow - Spooky, scary pranksters of evilness. (Trickmurk Circus in February)
Water - Stingy psychics. (Wavecrest Saturnalia in April)
Wind - Overly friendly nomads. (Mistral Jamboree in March)

Previous Topics:
Club 0 l Club 1 l Club 2 l Club 3 l Club 4 l Club 5 l Club 6 l Club 7 l Club 8 | Club 9 | Club 10 | Club 11 | Club 12 | Club 13

Roleplay: Flight Rising: The Withering
Why is this here? It’s dead as hell.

Amazing links you better read:
fr.fintastic.net: Flight Rising offspring colour predictor, to see the range of colours between a pair of dragons.
FR Tools: Various tools, such as a signature maker and breeding banner maker. (It's really fun and addictive.)
Scrying Workshop: The Scrying Workshop, only available to logged in users of Flight Rising. Allows you to see different combinations of dragons, as well as see possible offspring between two dragons, and check if dragons are too closely related to breed.
Flight Eye Colour Chart: For new users who are too foolish to join Shadow and are considering a different elemental flight.
Flight Rising Guides Forum
Flight Rising Encyclopedia
Flight Rising Wikia
Another list of guides, resources and tools
Master Item Database
Soon to be outdated color wheel
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 12 times - Last edited at 02:31:48 24/11/2016 by Seiki
#2 Posted: 20:54:49 16/10/2015 | Topic Creator
User List:

The Best User:
Seiki - Seiki – Shadow

Other people:
SilverWingedOwl - Cynderfyre - Arcane
AsrielDreemurr - Spyrobaro - Water
AteraK - Spyro-Fan - Light
Avenia - Angel220200 – Water
BowsertheTwili - Kardonis – Arcane
Burger - BigBoom – Nature
Candidus - MagicFizz - Light
ChaosVelkir - Zithdaitoh - Shadow
Charizardite - parisruelz12 - Water
Chillylavagalaxy - weebbby - Water
Cynderfan507 - Cynderfan507 - Nature
Cynderluv8801 - Cynderluv8801 - Lightning
DangersBelow - CommanderGame - Earth
Darkspawn - Darkrai Doll - Plague
DoubleMP - I-Brawler - Lightning
DragonTamer12 - RumpleLover - Nature
Dragonsgohrr - Dragons-go-hrr - Light
DreamPagan - AngelicBeast - Shadow
Dullace24 - chainedskull - Light
Faethlyn - Nightblade - Arcane
HD542 - Hot Dog 542 - Nature
HeroOfTime - prextail202 - Light
IndigoScroll - Bifrost – Wind
IsisStormMorrigi - IsisStormDragon - Arcane
katkerrykat - katkerrykat - Lightning
LeStatM - gilgrunt987 - Shadow
lloyd795 - Thepokeman - Lightning
Lorcan - Blayze - Arcane
Mewten - Okaps - Lightning
Midnight Sparkle - Ash Starkindle - Lightning
NeedsABetterName - mega spyro - Shadow
Nightglow - Sky Airglow - Lightning
Niomedes - ReshiramForever - Light
Oneiron - Dmcrocks – Lightning
PwnSerum - PwnageFTW - Plague
Purlithrae - Iceclaw - Lightning
Reyna - HDAZ - Lightning
ShadmeTheAngel - ShadowMewX - Shadow
StarfireDragon Starfire Dragon - Shadow
STL - somePerson - Light
StormDragon21 - StormDragon21 - Lightning
SunKnight - SPARXisAWESOME – Arcane
SunlightGuardian - Bash28 – Wind
thelostrider - Ezio – Plague
TheWintersClaw - shorty - Ice
WanderingSpirits - Inuyashafan39 - Ice
Wild - Wild - Light
Willspyro - Willspyro - Lightning
willster8ds willster8 - Fire
XD001Pika - Trix Master 100 - Shadow
ZapNorris - ZapNorris - Fire
Zephrese - Sesshomaru75 - Lightning
Zeto - MagicFizz – Lightning
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 16 times - Last edited at 01:59:43 12/02/2017 by Seiki
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#3 Posted: 22:52:15 16/10/2015
3rd post is da best

trying to log into my account, but just so you could get it prepared it is a Plague account and my name is PwnSerum

EDIT: Every time I try to log in, waiting 2 hours after or not, it always says my account is locked after 4 trys at logging in and it's locked for 2 hours... I may need to restart everything when registrations come back up.... dang.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:55:20 16/10/2015 by PwnageFTW
Sky Airglow Yellow Sparx Gems: 1136
#4 Posted: 23:51:37 16/10/2015
and it begins again
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#5 Posted: 02:16:19 17/10/2015
What if I don't wanna wait?
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#6 Posted: 02:18:17 17/10/2015
Says I can't join because of influx of users

smilie
---
^This might be sarcasm.
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#7 Posted: 02:51:27 17/10/2015
Quote: The Bone Chompy

:(

they have registration periods every couple of months if u want i can remind you when the next one is
---
self professed austGAYlian
#8 Posted: 02:53:11 17/10/2015
Quote: ReshiramForever

smilie

they have registration periods every couple of months if u want i can remind you when the next one is

That would be cool, thanks.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#9 Posted: 02:55:04 17/10/2015
Isn't the reg window around the 20th? I don't even remember if we had one last month.

Oh yeah forgot to say I'm in the Wind flight. Light has the least jerkish philosophy/deity but Wind is close enough and seems more fandom oriented. If it was just for eye colors I'd go for Arcane, but Arcanist really needs to be kicked in the face after what happened with the plot and some stuff in the Crystal Pools.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:56:10 17/10/2015 by Bifrost
Ezio Hunter Gems: 7168
#10 Posted: 00:06:27 19/10/2015
I have a two egg nest of wildclaws goin to be born on the 24th. would anyone be interested in one if the colors are good?
---
"The cowboy has always been a dying breed
But he takes his dying slowly, perched upon his steed."
QueenChrysalis Green Sparx Gems: 465
#11 Posted: 00:37:53 19/10/2015
I am interested in playing this game, but I am worried about band-width. Is there any any flash and other bandwidth heavy script? Or is it purely browser based, and low-bandwidth friendly?

If bandwidth will be an issue, I will instead be able to start some-time next month.
#12 Posted: 01:07:18 19/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: QueenChrysalis
I am interested in playing this game, but I am worried about band-width. Is there any any flash and other bandwidth heavy script? Or is it purely browser based, and low-bandwidth friendly?

If bandwidth will be an issue, I will instead be able to start some-time next month.

It's mostly just browser based. Only things that might give you trouble is Coliseum & the Fairground games.

Registration isn't open all the time. The title will be updated when it's scheduled to be opened again, but for now it's not known when the next will be.
---
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#13 Posted: 02:03:11 19/10/2015
Could someone let me know via guestbook when the next registration is?
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#14 Posted: 03:17:41 19/10/2015
[User Posted Image]

did someone say teal cherub
Darkrai Doll Platinum Sparx Gems: 5026
#15 Posted: 03:18:18 19/10/2015
Lookin' through the lineages of my oldest dragons and...

[User Posted Image]

Oh dear. What just happened to my poor dragon's father.

She must have the most awkward family reunions.
#16 Posted: 05:46:34 19/10/2015
Well, for when the game is opened up to new users, can someone give me a better run down of the factions? I'm leaning towards Arcane or Shadow. Also does your flight determine what sort of dragons you can breed, or is it completely separate.
#17 Posted: 06:34:20 19/10/2015
Flight determines eye colour for the dragons you breed.

Earth - brown
Fire - orange
Water - blue
Wind - light green
Lightning - cyan
Ice - white
Light - yellow
Shadow - dark purple
Nature - green
Plague - red
Arcane - pink
---
#18 Posted: 09:00:53 19/10/2015
That's cool, does every Flight have it's own Lore? (Other than their base of operations) or is it all like a community driven guild?
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#19 Posted: 09:40:44 19/10/2015
That's cool, does every Flight have it's own Lore? (Other than their base of operations) or is it all like a community driven guild?

It has a bit of lore, but it does have its' forum sections exclusive to those in the element.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#20 Posted: 09:57:31 19/10/2015

They have but it doesn't go anywhere when it comes to canon, for now, the subforums use it to create their own stuff.

Arcane is magic and science, but don't be fooled because arcane magic seems to act like radiation or Mist from the Final Fantasy.
Shadow is trickery and secrets. Kinda like unseelie folk, I'd guess.
Earth is... Uhhh... Their deity is the only one that gives a crap about the world.
Wind is storytelling traveler people. Think your usual nomad or intrepid merchants in fantasy series.
Water is water. Their region is really hardcore despite that being Plague's thing.
Plague is disease, injury, and the equivalent of Undead or dark magic in most fantasy works.
Lightning is engineers and also science.
Light is philosophers and archeologists. They live in some cool ruins and eye color goes with everything.
Ice is ice, plus about being a bit distant relationships-wise. To be fair, if you were the only region permanently losing territory, you'd be bitter too.
Fire is forgery. Blacksand Annex seems to be the equivalent of chinese factories if the Chimera Statue's description is any indication.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:58:34 19/10/2015 by Bifrost
#21 Posted: 12:57:45 19/10/2015
So...are these "warring factions"? All that "losing territory" stuff...
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#22 Posted: 13:06:51 19/10/2015

Yup. That's also part of the Dominance activities - in universe they're at war except during the elemental holidays, never making amends, never negotiating, just pushing to get more. Kind of a depressing outlook, since the only faction that's not fighting out of greed is Beastclans, which is AI to attempt to seize a weekly bonus from a real one.
---
#23 Posted: 15:59:53 19/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Well, for when the game is opened up to new users, can someone give me a better run down of the factions? I'm leaning towards Arcane or Shadow. Also does your flight determine what sort of dragons you can breed, or is it completely separate.

Each of the names in the first post have links to the map and information about each one on the main page. These should be viewable without needing to be logged in. The Encylopedia is another helpful link to learn more about events.

Flight only determines eye color. One of the links in the first post is a chart showing what each color looks like. Any flight can breed any species, but when breeding, each species & gene is based on a rarity chart so say breeding a Coatl with a Guardian will give you a hard time trying to get another Coatl as Coatls & Wildclaws are the rarest breeds meanwhile Guardians are one of the most common.

When you start, you will be able to create 1 dragon using any colors (no genes) that you want, of the gender you want. You may only have it as a Guardian, Tundra, Fae, or Mirror. You will then be given one of the opposite gender with a random species of those 4 and random colors. These are your Progenitors.

Somewhat, yes. It's mostly a base thing that describes the typical habits of each one, same goes for each species of dragon. However, you're free to make up your own and disregard what the site says. It's just a base guide and doesn't need to be followed. I didn't follow it with mine that much and made Shadow out to be more evil than what it's supposed to be.

Not entirely.... There is Dominance as a thing, but it isn't entirely fighting against one another exactly for the sake of war for being the better one. For the most part the enemy seems to be the Beastclans & Shade, not constant battles with each other. Any battles aren't for territory.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:11:10 19/10/2015 by Seiki
#24 Posted: 16:36:29 19/10/2015
Quote: Seiki

Not entirely.... There is Dominance as a thing, but it isn't entirely fighting against one another exactly for the sake of war for being the better one. For the most part the enemy seems to be the Beastclans & Shade, not constant battles with each other. Any battles aren't for territory.

Didn't some of the weekly QA say that Dominance and Exalting are for territory competition,though? The last one or before also made mention of supplying those in war with the autosold Hoard.
---
#25 Posted: 17:14:47 19/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: Seiki

Didn't some of the weekly QA say that Dominance and Exalting are for territory competition,though? The last one or before also made mention of supplying those in war with the autosold Hoard.

From what I know, exalting isn't put into too much detail, merely going off to serve the deity for a great honor. Though there isn't much detail put into what this honor is and what serving them entails. Everyone tends to develop their own headcanon for it. Personally, I see it as ritualistic sacrifice. Part of why I never exalt.

There is a certain sense of vagueness as they encourage headcanons. I found the post about the hoard stuff and they list a number of possible outcomes and don't seem to explicitly state anything. Supplying for war was a possibility listed, another one is it all goes to Crim.

Dominance is described as: "Dominance is determined by a flight's dedication to exalting dragons. These dragons leave their home lairs to forever serve under their elemental deity, using their combined power to help combat the other flights, as well as the newly-emboldened Beastclan hordes." I've never truly understood this to be all out war between each other for the sake of land. Of course, one could take it that way, another could see it as coliseum style games for certain privileges for the week.
---
#26 Posted: 17:19:34 19/10/2015
Could be,yeah, I was really just taking from the QA since they always sound like it's what'll be canon once the plot matters any, and why I thought exalting was a pretty way of saying that you're enlisting the dragons to war. As it can be seen, I'm still pretty green when it comes to the community part of the site,I'm still a hardcore lurker even if the Wind forum is populated by 'look at my new hatchlings' threads which no one seems to mind.

Alright,time to try my hand at getting a Glimmer or Circuit Wildclaw hatchling ---Two eggs?
Well I've got 400k from sellings some dergs I couldn't get attached to, I should be just buying my genes at this point :I
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:08:20 20/10/2015 by Bifrost
RumpleLover Emerald Sparx Gems: 3067
#27 Posted: 02:31:21 21/10/2015
Quote: shorty
So uh, I don't go on Flight Rising anymore but I do have a bunch of stuff left over from when it did play it regularly. So here's a list of all the items I have:
Part 1
Part 2
And here's the link to my lair.
If you want any of my dragons/apparel still on my dragons/items, then message me either here or on Flight Rising and tell me what dragon you want/what item you want and your FR username and I will send it to you. c:
The only dragon I might not part with is Nighteye because she's my favorite.

I still have one of Nighteye's children....

[User Posted Image]

You gave him to me when I first joined FR, and I really can't seem to part with him. Thank you. smilie
---
"How you can see the man behind the monster, I will never know."
"But that monster's gone... The man beneath him may be flawed, but we all are."
#28 Posted: 04:56:04 22/10/2015
he looks so evil, nice work with apparel there. :3
#29 Posted: 14:52:49 23/10/2015
[User Posted Image]
he's perf now
---
#30 Posted: 14:55:25 23/10/2015
Can y'all give a heads up when registration will be available? How long do these normally go for?
#31 Posted: 15:06:17 23/10/2015
Can y'all give a heads up when registration will be available? How long do these normally go for?

Someone asked the admins on this week's QA and they kinda implied the site isn't stable enough to have one just yet. They'll usually warn a week in advance in social media.
---
willster8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2383
#32 Posted: 16:47:01 23/10/2015
@reshiram He looks amazing. Great job.
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#33 Posted: 22:23:01 23/10/2015
I guess I'm going to rejoin next registration, just cuz i need something new in my life
---
My life is complete.
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#34 Posted: 23:39:16 23/10/2015
[User Posted Image]
got her a new outfit.
#35 Posted: 15:28:12 24/10/2015
POISON AND TOXIN ARE HERE!!!!!!!

It's finally something I can use on my progenitors because it matches their colors up quite nicely.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:30:48 24/10/2015 by willster8
#36 Posted: 15:33:14 24/10/2015
That level 10 recipe for both tho. At least the trinket is from the Sandswept Delta and not too hard to farm.

Yaay, my Cherub/Peregrine and Iridescent/Shimmer Imperials had 3 eggs. Whatever I'm getting,it'll be adorable <3
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:33:46 24/10/2015 by Bifrost
#37 Posted: 15:38:50 24/10/2015
Ooh, hopefully you'll get some nice cherub/peregrine there.
#38 Posted: 18:26:48 24/10/2015
I had a dream where I had one more row of lair space unlocked.

I was so happy. It was the most amazing/pathetic dream ever.
#39 Posted: 18:36:34 24/10/2015
If only it wasn't a dream.....
#40 Posted: 18:39:51 24/10/2015
I wish :(
#41 Posted: 20:56:13 24/10/2015
Quote: HotDogAndZap
[User Posted Image]
got her a new outfit.

yes yes this is good
#42 Posted: 21:53:07 24/10/2015
cherub is still above all
#43 Posted: 06:52:21 25/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Damn... So Toxin looks good on Seiki and I want it. Shame I'm only level 6 and am a crappy alchemist.
---
#44 Posted: 06:54:23 25/10/2015
Ack, level 10 is so far away.

Edit:

I can't wait to turn this:
[User Posted Image]
Into this:
[User Posted Image]

The charcoal poison blends really well with gold.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:05:20 25/10/2015 by willster8
#45 Posted: 07:04:38 25/10/2015
level 9 and 1000 exp off alllll right
---
#46 Posted: 07:06:17 25/10/2015
^ So close!
#47 Posted: 07:10:52 25/10/2015
Quote: willster8
[User Posted Image]

... I just realized what people mean by dragon fetish...
Page 1 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23 24

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me