darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > SuperChargers Comic Sequels (Issue 6 Out -final SSC Issue-)
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
SuperChargers Comic Sequels (Issue 6 Out -final SSC Issue-)
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1 Posted: 15:05:37 15/10/2015 | Topic Creator
So just recently, the first three page previews of IDW Skylanders SuperChargers Issue 1 was released. And it reveals a rather surprising story detail.

It takes place AFTER SuperChargers.

At least the upcoming comics will keep us entertained until they lead up into the possible comic prequel of the next game (if they decide to do one).

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 14 times - Last edited at 06:43:23 30/03/2016 by Aura24
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 15:10:22 15/10/2015
And without a big gap between the game and comics either. Guess people coming in from Black Friday will have plenty to take in next month.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#3 Posted: 15:15:00 15/10/2015
Do we know when the next issue comes out?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#4 Posted: 15:18:05 15/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Superharges Issue 1 comes on October 28, Issue 2 comes out next month, while Issue 3 comes out in December. You know, if there are no IDW comic delays.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#5 Posted: 21:46:25 15/10/2015
Quote: Aura24
Superharges Issue 1 comes on October 28, Issue 2 comes out next month, while Issue 3 comes out in December. You know, if there are no IDW comic delays.

godzilla in general has suffered from those
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#6 Posted: 21:53:52 15/10/2015
Seems like it's gonna introduce this years new set of eons elites...
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
#7 Posted: 21:57:08 15/10/2015
Quote: Sleepy0429

Skylanders as well in the Trap Team series - Return of the Dragon King managed to delay in all of its issues, I think.
---
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#8 Posted: 22:29:46 15/10/2015
Transformers as well.

Still...I will admit I got a kick out of seeing all the various characters together in that first shot, and the characters do sound and feel like they do in the game from this preview. Heck if anything Buzz feels less silly here and more like someone with a lick of sense to him.
#9 Posted: 22:32:45 15/10/2015
The previous comics do that as well, though Buzz appears very little in the TT series. Mags and Hugo seem to take that over for some reason, guess David was still trying to figure out how to write him.
---
#10 Posted: 22:36:15 15/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Kung Fu Man
Transformers as well.

Still...I will admit I got a kick out of seeing all the various characters together in that first shot, and the characters do sound and feel like they do in the game from this preview. Heck if anything Buzz feels less silly here and more like someone with a lick of sense to him.

That's because the writer who did the story on SuperChargers, David Rodriguez, is also one of the writers for the IDW Skylander comics.
---
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#11 Posted: 17:24:50 16/10/2015

So THAT'S why he freaks out and wrecks cities all the time?

"Sorry Big G, MLP got delayed another week. Maybe a copy of Secret Wars...?"

"GGGGGGGGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" (stomp)(atomic fire breath)
(stomp)(stomp)(stomp)

smilie ROFL, I'll stop now.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#12 Posted: 17:31:09 16/10/2015
Quote: darkchylde28

"GGGGGGGGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" (stomp)(atomic fire breath)
(stomp)(stomp)(stomp)

-Doug

Godzilla's roar in letters in Skreeeeeeooooonnnkkk.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#13 Posted: 23:38:41 16/10/2015
Quote: darkchylde28

(stomp)(stomp)(stomp)

-Doug

I mean the comic book series but that may also be the reason.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#14 Posted: 07:24:00 25/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Preview pages of SuperChargers Issue 1 (set to be released this Wednesday) are revealed.

---
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#15 Posted: 07:55:32 25/10/2015
Acording to the Preview

It seems it's about the Eon's Elite Characters.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#16 Posted: 15:33:24 25/10/2015
The final page definitely sounds like it's about to reveal a new villain. Please let it be either Malefor or Kaos' Mom. I would even be happy if the villain of Sky 6 was Evilon.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#17 Posted: 16:04:00 25/10/2015
Quote: Chompy-King257
The final page definitely sounds like it's about to reveal a new villain. Please let it be either Malefor or Kaos' Mom. I would even be happy if the villain of Sky 6 was Evilon.

Malefor isn't new in the comic series :U

It definately points towards returning,but that's like saying the villain breathes oxygen.
---
#18 Posted: 17:40:55 25/10/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: Chompy-King257

Malefor isn't new in the comic series :U

It definately points towards returning,but that's like saying the villain breathes oxygen.

BUT it is saying that Kaos probably won't be the main villain...
---
#19 Posted: 18:22:11 25/10/2015
For this comic it won't,
since he seems to be pretty pumped to crush competition with that speech.

But excluding him,we have every villain in Superchargers that we conveniently forgot to arrest, or even the ones that decided to take a vacation for racing that now probably don't have anything better to do.
---
#20 Posted: 19:32:26 25/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Could be a returning villain we haven't since SSA, one who first appeared in SuperChargers or an entirely new villain.
---
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#21 Posted: 00:17:53 28/10/2015
Maybe, i don't think so since...

The Dragon Hunter guy could be him. But since he appears in a micro comic. It's less likely.
#22 Posted: 06:46:38 28/10/2015 | Topic Creator
SuperChargers Issue 1 is out now.

• Spyro argues with Kaos (who had appointed himself Evil Consultant of Ultimate Evil of the Skylanders Academy at the end of SSC), believing he is up to no good.
  • Spyro and Kaos are then forced to work out a plan together when Buzz points out that his elite team of Skylanders, Voodood, Boomer and Ghost Roaster, have gone missing for months.
  • Spyro (and Kaos) assign Spitfire, Stormblade, and Nightfall their very first mission as Skylanders to find Voodood, Boomer and Ghost Roaster.
  • The three SuperChargers arrive at what's left of Motleyville where Voodood, Boomer and Ghost Roaster were last seen and are attacked by Spell Punks, which they manage to defeat on-foot.
  • Spitfire, Stormblade and Nightfall are taken by surprise when Voodood, Boomer and Ghost Roaster attacked and knocked them all unconcious, and the three Eon's Elites are working for Spellmazer?!

---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:07:59 28/10/2015 by Aura24
#23 Posted: 10:58:24 28/10/2015
SuperChargers Issue 1 is out now.

• Spyro argues with Kaos (who had appointed himself Evil Consultant of Ultimate Evil of the Skylanders Academy at the end of SSC), believing he is up to no good.
  • Spyro and Kaos are then forced to work out a plan together when Buzz points out that his elite team of Skylanders, Voodood, Boomer and Ghost Roaster, have gone missing for months.
  • Spyro (and Kaos) assign Spitfire, Stormblade, and Nightfall their very first mission as Skylanders to find Voodood, Boomer and Ghost Roaster.
  • The three SuperChargers arrive at what's left of Motleyville where Voodood, Boomer and Ghost Roaster were last seen and are attacked by Spell Punks, which they manage to defeat on-foot.
  • Spitfire, Stormblade and Nightfall are taken by surprise when Voodood, Boomer and Ghost Roaster attacked and knocked them all unconcious, and the three Eon's Elites are working for Spellmazer?!

Whoa, slow down their, chief. WHAT?
The elites are working for bad guys?!
---
#24 Posted: 11:02:29 28/10/2015
Well the possibilities are obvious... For now.

A)Good old brainwashing.
B )Spellslamzer is still neutral but blackmailed them into helping for some unknown reason.
C)They're actually working together but can't share this with the rest of the team.
D)Just undercover, Spellslamzer is a straight up villain.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:02:48 28/10/2015 by Bifrost
#25 Posted: 11:12:32 28/10/2015
Well the possibilities are obvious... For now.

A)Good old brainwashing.
B )Spellslamzer is still neutral but blackmailed them into helping for some unknown reason.
C)They're actually working together but can't share this with the rest of the team.
D)Just undercover, Spellslamzer is a straight up villain.

Here's what I'm thinking:
1. Mind controlled, like you said. (Very likely.)
2. They are not the actual Elites and are really just clones of them. (Possibly likely.)

Aura, if possible, could you post a picture of the page when the final scene you described happened?
---
#26 Posted: 17:18:29 28/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Sure here. Had to do half of the image though since the whole thing takes up the entire page.

[User Posted Image]
---
#27 Posted: 20:32:55 28/10/2015
Thanks!

Yep.

Definitely going to say they have been brain-washed or cloned. Otherwise, this would just make me depressed to see the 3 skylanders I love become corrupted and evil.
---
Barrysun Gold Sparx Gems: 2106
#28 Posted: 21:47:19 28/10/2015
I have to wonder...
could they be Dark cloned Skylanders, or could Luminous somehow been involved in this?
#29 Posted: 23:01:41 28/10/2015
This reminds me of
The Mags/Luminous thing with Trap Team. Maybe it's the same situation?
---
Barrysun Gold Sparx Gems: 2106
#30 Posted: 23:52:38 28/10/2015
ether that
or it's a couple of spell punks in disguise... Where's a Lens of truth when you need one?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:59:17 28/10/2015 by Barrysun
#31 Posted: 00:08:56 29/10/2015
^ Exactly what I'm thinking.
---
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#32 Posted: 05:25:50 29/10/2015
Am surprised (pleasantly) that the 4 new micro comics that came out yesterday in the TRU packs did not have any repeated content in the first issue that came out today. I figured like that the last micro ones, they would be repeated in the regular comics. At least not yet.
#33 Posted: 11:12:33 29/10/2015
Quote: lamoracke
Am surprised (pleasantly) that the 4 new micro comics that came out yesterday in the TRU packs did not have any repeated content in the first issue that came out today. I figured like that the last micro ones, they would be repeated in the regular comics. At least not yet.

But what are they have begin with? D: I find some pics of covers and whatnot but no one says what's the story there.
---
#34 Posted: 11:17:58 29/10/2015
Wait, what Micro comics? Do they come with something like Legendary Traps this year?
---
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#35 Posted: 15:21:49 29/10/2015
There are new packs at Toys R Us. Blue blind packs. Each pack has one comic, one sticker, one poster, and one battlecast card. There are 12 stickers in the set. There are 8 posters. There are 4 comics. The 4 battlecast cards are Stealth Elf and Spitfire and then the 3rd tier of Stealth Elf and Spitfire's cards, but they do not work in the app yet.

I am still missing 6 of those 12 stickers and 1 of the 8 posters. Plenty of comic sets though. One comic is about Chompy Mage. One is Double Dare Trigger Happy. One is Roller Blade. One is Hurricane Jet Vac.
#36 Posted: 18:58:34 29/10/2015
Quote: lamoracke
There are new packs at Toys R Us. Blue blind packs. Each pack has one comic, one sticker, one poster, and one battlecast card. There are 12 stickers in the set. There are 8 posters. There are 4 comics. The 4 battlecast cards are Stealth Elf and Spitfire and then the 3rd tier of Stealth Elf and Spitfire's cards, but they do not work in the app yet.

I am still missing 6 of those 12 stickers and 1 of the 8 posters. Plenty of comic sets though. One comic is about Chompy Mage. One is Double Dare Trigger Happy. One is Roller Blade. One is Hurricane Jet Vac.

Thanks! I was worried there for a second!
---
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#37 Posted: 19:35:40 29/10/2015
Why would they put them in blind packs? I was going to buy all four of them, but not if I can't see what I'm spending my money on.
---
Dead
#38 Posted: 19:38:21 29/10/2015
Quote: mega spyro
Why would they put them in blind packs? I was going to buy all four of them, but not if I can't see what I'm spending my money on.

Yeah,someone managed to get 4 of the 4th comic in Instagram. Probably they're expecting you to trade with someone or something :I It doesn't fix the blind bag issue, but you can always ask in the other forums where it's allowed or contact someone on Ebay.
---
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#39 Posted: 19:45:58 29/10/2015
Quote: mega spyro

Yeah,someone managed to get 4 of the 4th comic in Instagram. Probably they're expecting you to trade with someone or something :I It doesn't fix the blind bag issue, but you can always ask in the other forums where it's allowed or contact someone on Ebay.

I'll probably buy a set of eBay for cheap eventually, but I was literally just about to go out to TRU when I read they were in blind bags.
---
Dead
#40 Posted: 03:13:03 13/11/2015
I bet that in order to stop Voodood, Boomer and Ghost Roaster, the Skylanders are going to make three more Elites, explaining the origins of Elite Slam Bam, Zook and Dino-Rang, for some serious, butt-kicking, ultra, all-out, Elite War action! I could bet money that the Voodood, Boomer and Ghost Roaster are just simply under a powerful trance by Spell Slamzer, and it's going to end with the spell being broken in some way.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:15:26 13/11/2015 by Chompy-King257
#41 Posted: 06:49:09 18/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Three page previews of Issue 2 is released~

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:01:24 28/11/2015 by Aura24
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#42 Posted: 10:03:38 21/11/2015
I hope the truth will be revealed soon. I refuse to believe my three best buds have gone bad. smilie
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#43 Posted: 11:34:09 21/11/2015 | Topic Creator
If you had read the preview pages above you...

Spellslamzer explained how he turned the Elites from good to bad by using his power to harness Boomer, Ghost Roaster and Voodood's Elite powers to turn them against the Skylanders.
---
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#44 Posted: 11:36:12 21/11/2015
I love that those old guys are included properly in a new story. They look so cool together. It's nice to see they arnt forgotten in the actual skylanders world .
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#45 Posted: 15:33:22 22/11/2015
You know, I've just noticed something...

The guy in the robe in the second to last panel looks familiar. Let's see, tan fur, wears glasses, blue eyes, hmm...I've got it! He looks like Softpaw!
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Fizzle Blue Sparx Gems: 854
#46 Posted: 03:10:01 25/11/2015
Quote: zookinator
You know, I've just noticed something...

The guy in the robe in the second to last panel looks familiar. Let's see, tan fur, wears glasses, blue eyes, hmm...I've got it! He looks like Softpaw!

Yes I noticed this as well! I think he
a sleeping potion to help the superchargers escape
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#47 Posted: 10:14:43 01/12/2015 | Topic Creator
The rest of the page previews of SC Issue 2 are posted in time for tomorrow's release. I think they literally just poked at what fans had been thinking about Skylanders that aren't reposed lol

http://www.comicbookresources....gers-2-idw-2015

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:16:30 01/12/2015 by Aura24
Reverse0456 Gold Sparx Gems: 2440
#48 Posted: 10:49:50 01/12/2015
^ I expect Sunburn to sway them back to the Skylanders side

Jokes aside wow there reason is referring to the fact they been pushed aside being the "forgotten 8" never thought they would even mention that talking about how they get forgotten when more new and old Skylanders take the spotlight.
But I'm kinda serious where's Dino Rang or Sunburn they probably should be in this comic.
---
POPSMARTS!
#49 Posted: 10:52:05 01/12/2015
Well,nice idea from David there, but the art is still kinda iffy.

Also wow, they brought back the Radiance Mines all the way from Trap Team Issue 0. Didn't think anyone would remember.
---
Garygoh884 Gold Sparx Gems: 2854
#50 Posted: 11:31:04 01/12/2015
It's good to be true... that's an explanation of how "hero" should be defined. All-time misnomery.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:33:02 01/12/2015 by Garygoh884
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me