darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > SuperChargers Comic Sequels (Issue 6 Out -final SSC Issue-)
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
SuperChargers Comic Sequels (Issue 6 Out -final SSC Issue-)
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#51 Posted: 11:51:01 01/12/2015
That was really cool! Ghost Roaster is so sinister now! Totally loved that little speech he gave to Stormblade.

I'm getting a feeling that the other 3 Elites will have something to do with this. Why else would Dino-Rang not be included in this?

But wait...what is Master Eon's and Buzz's "Dirty Work?"
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:54:02 01/12/2015 by Chompy-King257
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#52 Posted: 12:36:46 01/12/2015
Buzz is more or less everyone's boss unofficially. Just like Spyro and Eon are the voice of command, he's the one sending people in missions if the Supercharger Quests are any indication. Difference is the former are respected, but in the quests some of the skylanders clearly don't listen to Buzz if not outright mock him.
He probably doesn't let the Elites off the hook as easily as the superchargers, since they could finish any task faster because of the stats. Wow,this is one huge meta plot.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:37:59 01/12/2015 by Bifrost
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#53 Posted: 08:08:31 02/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Issue 2 is here~

• After being defeated by the corrupt Eon's Elites, Spitfire, Stormblade and Nightfall are imprisoned within Spellslamzer's stronghold.
  • Ghost Roaster reveals why he, Boomer and Voodood turned against the Skylanders. Despite doing Buzz and Master Eon's "dirty work", the Elites get nothing to show for it, such as not getting glory, attention or fancy vehicles. In their logic, as soon as you're not a Giant, SWAP Force or SuperCharger, you would wind up getting forgotten and tossed aside.
  • Spellslamzer plans on stealing the powerful Radiance Crystals from the Mabu Mines to power his armada enough to overwhelm Skylands. He even plans on riding out in the SuperChargers vehicles.
  • Spyro and Kaos once again argue with one another back at the Academy (with Spyro losing his temper and was about to breathe fire on Kaos) and Mags is forced to step in and put the two in time-out. After a few calm exchange in words, Spyro then offers to give Kaos the respect an ally deserves and find a way through their predicament together.
  • Spitfire, Stormblade and Nightfall escape their prison, but Nightfall and Stormblade argue with each other again along the way. They eventually reach the hangar where their vehicles are, but wound up getting caught by the corrupt Eon's Elites. They are then strapped to the front of their own vehicles while the villains ride off towards the Mabu Radiance Mines (Mad Max: Fury Road reference anyone?)

And few bonus panels from comic on Spyro and Kaos -

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:03:33 02/12/2015 by Aura24
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#54 Posted: 10:09:02 02/12/2015
Unbelievable they actually canonized that some Skylanders hate being forgotten and that they hate when some get more attention than others. IDW really knows what they are doing and now the meaning of castaways now has more meaning.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#55 Posted: 11:09:03 02/12/2015
Spyro's paw underside is really fat and not cat-like, headcanon ruined.

I just hope they actually use that plot point instead of 'oh, it was just mind control, they're actually perfect with being forgotten'. Learning a lesson is better than making it null.
---
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#56 Posted: 17:07:10 02/12/2015
They coulda put Sunburn in too, he would be perfect. But they went as far as to flat-out forget about making fire or air elites to avoid making the inevitable return of smilie.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#57 Posted: 02:23:13 03/12/2015
[User Posted Image]

OMG you were right Aura they actually canonized the castaway concept. I can't believe that they finally acknowledged forgotten heroes and address the issue in the comics. My big complaint is that this could ruin these characters even more than help their popularity. If you are helping older characters get more attention, having them join the dark side probably isn't the best move to make.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#58 Posted: 02:56:42 03/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Note: Wikia nowadays tend to shrink down images when they are posted off-site for some reason.

Quote: Aura24
[User Posted Image]

Yeah, the David and Ron may have been looking at fan feedback for ideas X3
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:57:29 03/12/2015 by Aura24
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#59 Posted: 12:22:44 04/12/2015
Dino-Rang;

Dino-Rang's actually easy to explain; he was in the Superchargers tie-in comic, so he was still working for the heroes very recently.

He also appeared in Skylanders #12 watching the Mini's graduation ceremony, but I dunno how long before these events that would be.
---
Eh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:10:54 04/12/2015 by Burning Gnorc
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#60 Posted: 13:28:31 04/12/2015
And Sunburn? Maybe he doesn't care, he's asocial.
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#61 Posted: 14:10:21 04/12/2015
Sunburn;

He was also in the Superchargers tie-in comic, so is also still actively fighting for the heroes.
---
Eh.
#62 Posted: 08:51:02 29/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Issue 3 page previews are out! The comic itself will be out tomorrow.

http://www.comicbookresources....gers-3-idw-2015

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
#63 Posted: 09:21:58 29/12/2015
I knew things would turn out alright by the end. I just wasn't expecting that! What an awesome plot twist!
I bet instead of whacking the Mabu, Voodood is gonna throw his axe at the Radiance Gems, destroying them, and then the 3 will turn on the Spell Punk King.

Also, it's pretty awesome that
we saw good ol' Softpaw again!
---
#64 Posted: 12:11:01 29/12/2015
We could tell the first reveal from the issue's cover,but hot damn that second one!

Like most people, I had already settled for brainwashing. Good to know the more naive/weak minded looking guys are actually waaaay smarter and cunning than a Supercharger; probably David's way to drive the point home that there's a reason Cores handled everything back in SSA.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:11:45 29/12/2015 by Bifrost
#65 Posted: 08:32:49 30/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Issue 3 is out now, and here is the summary.

• Spyro and Kaos pinpoint where the missing Skylanders have disappeared, with Spyro assigning himself as the only Skylander to go and find them.
  • Spellslamzer leads his army and the corrupt Elites on the attack in the Radiance Mines.
  • Softpaw frees the imprisoned SuperChargers and reveals that he and the Elites were pretending to be evil to go undercover and break up Spelslamzer's plans from within. But he mentions that going undercover can change a person for the worst.
  • Just as Voodood and Boomer turns on Spellslamzer, Ghost Roaster is the only one of the trio who is still swept up in his evil persona, believing that the three Skylanders won't get credited for capturing Spellslamzer and instead would just be sent on another secret mission. The ghost Skylander then goes on to say that maybe it's time they tried working for the other side (the bad guys) for real. This is somthing Boomer and Voodood didn't see coming.
  • The SuperChargers and Boomer and Voodood fight against Spellslamzer, Ghost Roaster and their army of minions.
  • Stormblade tries to talk sense into Ghost Roaster, still believing that he's a hero and that without him, Boomer, Voodood and the other Elites, ther wouldn't be any Skylanders or Skylands. She refuses to fight Ghost Roaster, leaving her open for attack.
  • Ghost Roaster goes back to the good side again and helps defeat Spellslamzer, destroying the Radiance Crystals he was after.
  • The Skylanders and SuperChargers forgive Ghost Roaster for his actions, and Nightfall apologizes to Stormblade for being too hard on her. The Dark SuperCharger declares that she will always watch Stormblade's back as they are all Skylanders in the end.

---
Reverse0456 Gold Sparx Gems: 2440
#66 Posted: 15:49:15 30/12/2015
Just a thought....

I think a cool idea for Ghost Roaster is that he remain a villain and got away would have open possibility for future comic but even Ghost Roaster actually joining the dark side even for a bit was good enough they should try to this event up in another comic could make for more character devolpment I would love to see that for Ghost Roaster
---
POPSMARTS!
#67 Posted: 17:09:25 30/12/2015
Yeah, no. He's as expensive and uncommon as is and because of the way the comics are made this could spell trouble for TFB thinking it's supposed to stay that way.

But really nice comic, glad to have bought it; Fico's still shaky in some frames but the art is a lot better than Issue 2.

Adding to the list of 'David really wants to up the Fridge Horror', let's imply that Spellslamzer wanted people decapitated for losing Radiance!

Nightfall losing a bit of the jerk was nice, and GR's actual crisis was also a really good double-twist. Of course, Ghost Roaster is ALREADY the one with twisted morals and alright with killing out of all the Cores as his backstory and extra books say, so of course he'd be the one to be fine with murder as Spellslamzer wants.

Also Funny Bone in Fiesta's backstory might or might not be a plot hole since no one confirms if the Skylanders had to ever deal with Moneybone before,so my first assumption that he was recruited after SF3DS is still too likely. Nice to see David explaining how Eon got Fiesta into the team in the middle of all the trouble,too.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:36:05 30/12/2015 by Bifrost
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#68 Posted: 18:45:26 31/12/2015
Awesome comic!
Absolutely loved it, particularly the rather unexpected plot-twists.

Fiesta's comic was nice as well!

*whiney mode on*

"Because whether we are Giants, SWAP Force, SuperChargers or Elites we are all Skylanders!"
"What about those big guys holding crystal weap-"
"Shut up, Stormy"

*whiney mode off*

Happy New Year's Eve, everyone! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#69 Posted: 22:03:27 31/12/2015
Holy crap...

Was not expecting Ghost Roaster to actually WANT to go on the bad side... That was a huge plot twist.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#70 Posted: 01:20:27 01/01/2016
Quote: Drek95
Awesome comic!

*whiney mode on*

"Because whether we are Giants, SWAP Force, SuperChargers or Elites we are all Skylanders!"
"Shut up, Stormy"

*whiney mode off*

Even you said the Trap Master's weren't necessary! I mean, I love the TM's but they feel pointless.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#71 Posted: 14:14:43 01/01/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Awesome comic!

*whiney mode on*

"Shut up, Stormy"

*whiney mode off*

Even you said the Trap Master's weren't necessary! I mean, I love the TM's but they feel pointless.

I absolutely agree.
Gameplay and figure wise they could have been much more than simply cool looking big Cores, able to open special Gates and destroy Traptanium shards.

Yet they were important lore wise and even if they specifically weren't they are still part of the cast of heroes we all know and love.
How would it have been if they forgot to mention the Swappers, instead?

It's not the first time Trap Team in general is left behind, with no Cores reposed for SuperChargers, the traps made almost useless and the fact they already forgot to mention them once in the comics, when listing Skylanders.
Sure, we get to see Trap Masters and Trap Team's Cores in action but they kinda disappear when it comes to be under the spotlight (speaking about the after Trap Team of course).

It's almost like Activision refuses to recognize much of what happened in the fourth game or simply doesn't care about it and that saddens me a lot since it still is my favorite title.

Or maybe they simply want them to feel soooo forgotten they'll join evil.
Could happen. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:16:43 01/01/2016 by Drek95
#72 Posted: 15:22:46 01/01/2016
Or the phrase wouldn't roll off the tongue as well if they listed them, Legendaries, Lightcores etc.
---
#73 Posted: 16:15:01 01/01/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Or the phrase wouldn't roll off the tongue as well if they listed them, Legendaries, Lightcores etc.

Very true but in that case I would have left out Elites which aren't even a specific cathegory, they simply got a promotion.

Looking at the last three Origin's stories I really wish they could do that for all the exsisting Skylanders, not only for the new SuperChargers.
They went near that with Trigger Happy (who actually does lack a true origin) and it would be really interesting to see certain details on paper, like Déjà Vu's island and machine, Star Strike and Enigma's homeworlds or the serpent Blades fought.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#74 Posted: 16:23:07 01/01/2016
Hex and Cynder also had brief backstory frames in Return of the Dragon King, not sure about the Trap Masters in the comics after since I didn't have the money for them.
---
#75 Posted: 07:41:41 04/01/2016 | Topic Creator
SuperChargers Issue 4 will be out next Wednesday, that's the earliest release I haven't seen in a while with IDW Skylander comic releases.

From the iTunes preview pages of the comic, Count Moneybone returns, seeking revenge against the Skylanders and the traitor Kaos for banishing him -https://itunes.apple.com/us/bo...071475995?mt=11

Story summary: THE RACE IS ON as undead driver (and mariachi musician) Fiesta roars into the spotlight! It's definitely going to be "Party Time" when Fiesta and his Crypt Crusher take on a robot army bent on destruction of the Skylands. Skull-face musical mayhem ensues!

[User Posted Image]
---
#76 Posted: 11:52:19 04/01/2016
Wait a minute...there's a big plot hole in the comic...

If Ghost Roaster was serious about being evil, then why didn't he actually tell Spellslamzer what was really going on? That way, Spellslamzer, Ghost Roaster, and the Spell Punks could have turned the tables on Voodood and Boomer, and actually could of won.
---
#77 Posted: 12:41:12 04/01/2016
Softpaw kinda implies it too simply.

Ghost Roaster fell back into the metaphorical hole once he noticed what would happen when they defeated him. It was heat of the moment, for the first few pages he was going on with the rest of the plan like the other two.Softpaw just said that going undercover can do stuff to your mind,but probably a PG version of embracing your ugly side instead of accepting it was what David meant on that line.

On the NEXT WEEK'S COMIC WHOA, probably going to delay but let's hope not, that issue could be pretty nifty but not being an arc could seriously hurt the story. Hopefully it'll be the Blades comic of this time, not the Deja Vu one that amounted to pretty much nothing.
---
#78 Posted: 09:55:26 12/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Issue 4 page previews are here before tomorrow's release!

http://www.comicbookresources....gers-4-idw-2016

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
stinkbomb29 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1697
#79 Posted: 13:41:59 12/01/2016
Does anyone know where to purchase these comics. I've had to refer all mine through online purchasing.

Is there a site I can go to find out??
#80 Posted: 13:48:37 12/01/2016
Comixology is where I get them digitally, but iirc in the US any good comic book shop should have the physical versions.
---
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#81 Posted: 20:09:34 12/01/2016
Just a reminder to please stay on topic.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#82 Posted: 07:53:58 13/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Issue 4 is out now.

• Fiesta stops Count Moneybone from unleashing a robot army upon Skylands.
  • Count Moneybone calls Fiesta a betrayer, but Fiesta states that he didn't betray the Count and only helped to save Skylands from Moneybone.
  • The Amigos and the two kidnapped Mabu ended up saving Fiesta from a single massive robot morphed together by the fallen robot army by having the Crypt Crusher crashing into it.

---
#83 Posted: 12:11:33 13/01/2016
So not that deep of an issue, I suppose, and from the preview Moneybone isn't being super flamboyant and over the top as in the games...?
---
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5336
#84 Posted: 16:19:37 13/01/2016
A very disappointing issue this one, especially after the previous trio of books and how they was handled. This is pretty obviously filler, and short enough for them to tack on the Origin of Dive-Clops and a Ghostbusters preview...
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
#85 Posted: 19:09:47 13/01/2016
Issue 4 is out now.

• Fiesta stops Count Moneybone from unleashing a robot army upon Skylands.
  • Count Moneybone calls Fiesta a betrayer, but Fiesta states that he didn't betray the Count and only helped to save Skylands from Moneybone.
  • The Amigos and the two kidnapped Mabu ended up saving Fiesta from a single massive robot morphed together by the fallen robot army by having the Crypt Crusher crashing into it.

[User Posted Image]

-----
---
#86 Posted: 09:06:21 21/02/2016 | Topic Creator
Issue 5 preview pages are out before this week's release!

http://www.comicbookresources....gers-5-idw-2016

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:08:09 21/02/2016 by Aura24
#87 Posted: 11:34:12 21/02/2016
Seems like if we're just skipping a month, Stormblade is up next. If we get Nightfall's next month though, it'll close the arc, so we'll be in the dark until they confirm what's up with the lack of April and foward releases.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:35:47 21/02/2016 by Bifrost
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#88 Posted: 13:17:16 21/02/2016
Does... Does that fish have scales for a beard...?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#89 Posted: 20:16:01 21/02/2016
I think it's supposed to be barbs(like sea urchin but small?) or something in the first frames,then it just becomes a normal beard later on, it's pretty weird.
---
#90 Posted: 08:13:29 24/02/2016 | Topic Creator
Issue 5 is here~

• Dive-Clops is sent to find the source of the rising water all around Skylands.
  • He is pulled into a submarine where he is overpowered by Brawlrus, Brawl and Chain and a group of Pirate Henchmen led by Captain Blubberbeard.
  • Captain Blubberbeard became a submarine captain simply because he is tired of losing as a pirate. He plans to take over Skylands by flooding the lands.
  • Eye-Brawl heads out to rescue his brother, Dive-Clops.

And oh my gosh, the art style on Stormblade's origin story pff
---
#91 Posted: 11:23:35 24/02/2016
God, not that guy again, not sure what they see on that character as useable. Was expecting something new or at least not overused, eh, did good on skipping it then.
---
#92 Posted: 17:53:06 24/02/2016
Cute story, nothing really exciting but I don't regret buying it.
Might become much better in the next two issues.

I personally like Stormblade's Origin art style a lot, I think it's from same guy who also drew Smash Hit's.
I praticularly love the expressions! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#93 Posted: 18:06:19 24/02/2016

I personally like Stormblade's Origin art style a lot, I think it's from same guy who also drew Smash Hit's.

It's surprisingly not the same guy. Jack Lawrence was the artist for Smash Hit''s origin comic, while Rob Duenas drew Stromblade's origin comic.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#94 Posted: 18:48:56 24/02/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

It's surprisingly not the same guy. Jack Lawrence was the artist for Smash Hit''s origin comic, while Rob Duenas drew Stromblade's origin comic.

Oh, really?
Thanks for the correction, their styles are really similar!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#95 Posted: 19:01:03 24/02/2016 | Topic Creator
This issue along with Issue 6 are the last SuperChargers comic issues to be released. IDW are going dark on Skylanders comics after Issue 6 is released, probably to make way either for the TV series or to keep the upcoming game from being leaked through a possible comic prequel.
---
#96 Posted: 19:08:06 24/02/2016
This issue along with Issue 6 are the last SuperChargers comic issues to be released. IDW are going dark on Skylanders comics after Issue 6 is released, probably to make way either for the TV series or to keep the upcoming game from being leaked through a possible comic prequel.

This is what I suspected.

3 things.

Where did you get this information?

Do we know this 101%?

and

Will we see the comics again or no?
---
#97 Posted: 19:13:51 24/02/2016
Wait, did we ever confirm that? We just know they're skipping April, which could mean a break or actually ending.
---
#98 Posted: 20:08:14 24/02/2016 | Topic Creator
The only comic coming out in May is the Secret Agent Secrets story bundle, no sign of new issues.

I wouldn't be surprise if they're holding back information on new comic issues until the next game is revealed to avoid possible leaks that come along with the scheduled release dates.
---
#99 Posted: 20:28:35 24/02/2016
That or they're planning another story arc, April still sounds too soon to start stuff from 6. If they're skipping a month then releasing a bundle though,doesn't seem there were any cut ties.

Unless this might be actually a tie-in to Skylanders Academy. We don't know how the plot will go to begin with, maybe they're introducing a new villain here and for an action-packed start it'll build up to there.

Quote:
A massive thanks to the lovely folks at Supanova Pop Culture Expo for having me as a guest for their Melbourne show, especially after having had to previously put up with me in Adelaide.Very humbled to be included amongst an amazing collection of comics talent.
Myself and my new From Above collaborator, Naomi Woodward will be there happily discussing all things From Above on the horizon and a bit more IDW Skylanders news.

Sauce: this is the guy that did the Dive-Clops minicomic

Well,sounds like it's safe for now, we'll get something.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:24:40 25/02/2016 by Bifrost
#100 Posted: 07:16:48 29/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Issue 6 page previews are out before tomorrow's release.

http://www.comicbookresources....rchargers-6-idw

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me