Page 1 of 1
Wii and 3DS game question?
wah543 Gold Sparx Gems: 2787
#1 Posted: 02:48:59 10/10/2015 | Topic Creator
I'm considering getting either the Wii or 3DS version for the racing just to play around with after I get all the characters and vehicles I want. I have a couple of questions. Does the PS4 portal work on the Wii version and does the SSA and Giants 3DS portal work with the 3DS version?? Also can you scan all your figures into the 3DS version and select them from there or would you need the portal each time you wanted to change characters? Can the 3DS one be played like one on one with friend who has the game over Wifi?

Also I can't seem to find this anywhere, but I'm assuming the Wii version is 2 players only and not 4, but what are the controller options?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:52:55 10/10/2015 by wah543
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#2 Posted: 03:53:28 10/10/2015
I can answer some of your questions:

1: Yes, the PS4 portal will work with the Wii version, as PlayStation and Nintendo Portals of Power are exactly the same.

2: I'm not 100% sure.

3: You can scan as many characters as you like into the 3DS version and pick them from a menu anytime you wish (except during a race, obviously). You can rescan a character later if you want to update the toy with levels gained in the 3DS version.

4: Yes, the 3DS version includes a Wi-Fi multiplayer option, so you can play with a friend locally and online.

5: The Wii version has 2-Player split-screen offline multiplayer, and only has Wii Remote + Nunchuk as a control method (no Classic Controller support, I'm afraid).

Hope this helps! smilie
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#3 Posted: 11:12:57 10/10/2015
Quote: GamerZack7
The Wii version (...) only has Wii Remote + Nunchuk as a control method (no Classic Controller support, I'm afraid).

Incorrect, you can use sideways wiimote, wiimote+nunchuck or classic controller.

Side note: In wii multiplayer, you can, similarly to 3DS, scan in a roster of characters and vehicles, though it's limited to 8 characters, plus 4 vehicles of each terrain type (though land and sea force you to have Clunker or Blunder Bucket in the 4th slot, limiting you to 3 figures), so you don't have to switch figures on the portal in order to play with different characters/vehicles.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:22:28 10/10/2015 by Nightmoon
#4 Posted: 15:27:55 10/10/2015 | Topic Creator
In the 3DS version are you limited to a certain number of vehicles? also for the wii version what the classic controller controls like
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#5 Posted: 19:40:17 10/10/2015
You are aware it's just the racing, right? No platforming or anything, just racing. That said, there's a heck of a lot more variety than the console racing with more tracks, and more game modes.
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#6 Posted: 19:42:45 10/10/2015
Quote: GamerZack7
I can answer some of your questions:

1: Yes, the PS4 portal will work with the Wii version, as PlayStation and Nintendo Portals of Power are exactly the same.

2: I'm not 100% sure.

3: You can scan as many characters as you like into the 3DS version and pick them from a menu anytime you wish (except during a race, obviously). You can rescan a character later if you want to update the toy with levels gained in the 3DS version.

4: Yes, the 3DS version includes a Wi-Fi multiplayer option, so you can play with a friend locally and online.

5: The Wii version has 2-Player split-screen offline multiplayer, and only has Wii Remote + Nunchuk as a control method (no Classic Controller support, I'm afraid).

Hope this helps! smilie

No.The Classic Controller works.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#7 Posted: 20:46:04 10/10/2015 | Topic Creator
I know its racing I was thinking about getting the game only from eBay or something
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#8 Posted: 22:39:58 10/10/2015
Quote: skylandersspyro
No.The Classic Controller works.

It does?! The back of the box only shows Wii Remote and Nunchuk icons, which made me think the Classic Controller wasn't supported. smilie
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me