Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > $4.99 Supercharger or Vehicle at TRU With Racing Pack Purchase
Page 1 of 1
$4.99 Supercharger or Vehicle at TRU With Racing Pack Purchase [CLOSED]
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#1 Posted: 17:26:52 04/10/2015 | Topic Creator
For those of you who patiently waited until this week for their racing packs at TRU, you can get a $4.99 Supercharger or vehicle with the purchase of a racing pack. If you have a family member with AARP, you can stack with $5 off $25 in store Mon-Thurs essentially making the Supercharger or vehicle free with the purchase of a racing pack.
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#2 Posted: 18:07:00 04/10/2015
Any one know if legendary jet-vac is part of the sale (in stores) online he is the only one not listed as part of the sale. Only want the legendary racing pack and legendary jet-vac.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:07:25 04/10/2015 by darkrai848
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#3 Posted: 23:46:54 04/10/2015
Quote: mastermc54
If you have a family member with AARP, you can stack with $5 off $25 in store Mon-Thurs...

Was this always a thing for TRU? I'm the caregiver of my AARP aged mother and I never knew of such a discount. LOL!
---
Stay Cool!
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#4 Posted: 01:14:09 05/10/2015
Quote: darkrai848
Any one know if legendary jet-vac is part of the sale (in stores) online he is the only one not listed as part of the sale. Only want the legendary racing pack and legendary jet-vac.

Could be an online glitch, i'd call and ask. Otherwise try it in store, unless mentioned in the ad as not counting it, im sure a manager would override it if there is an issue.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#5 Posted: 03:22:43 05/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: fairyland
If you have a family member with AARP, you can stack with $5 off $25 in store Mon-Thurs...

Was this always a thing for TRU? I'm the caregiver of my AARP aged mother and I never knew of such a discount. LOL!

This has been a thing for a while. I actually get emails for a family member since I registered and manage their online AARP account (you know how older people tend not to like signing up for anything online). They advertise the Mon-Thurs $5 off $25 discount all the time and I've even seen the AARP card logo out in front of TRU stores. Google the discount if you want the verbiage in writing. Some TRU employees don't know about it since it's used by AARP members so infrequently, but they have a binder at customer service with codes/bar codes for each Mon-Thurs week period (each week has a new bar code). Not all registers will have the bar code binder for the discount, so it might help to go to customer service.

The best thing is that it stacks with other ongoing TRU sales. For some reason, the Entertainment books have a $5 off $25 coupon that never works for Skylanders (it's supposedly an excluded item as per the register), but the AARP $5 off $25 has always worked and been accepted by the register the 3 times I've attempted to use it. If you have a family member with the AARP card, register for an online account and get the app so that you can have the virtual AARP card on you whenever you stop into a TRU store. They never need any info off the actual AARP card and just give you the discount if they can locate that week's code in their binder.

Edit - here's a link to the discount: http://t.toysrus.com/shop/?categoryId=22729396
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:25:45 05/10/2015 by mastermc54
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#6 Posted: 15:55:34 05/10/2015
Quote: fairyland

This has been a thing for a while. I actually get emails for a family member since I registered and manage their online AARP account (you know how older people tend not to like signing up for anything online). They advertise the Mon-Thurs $5 off $25 discount all the time and I've even seen the AARP card logo out in front of TRU stores. Google the discount if you want the verbiage in writing. Some TRU employees don't know about it since it's used by AARP members so infrequently, but they have a binder at customer service with codes/bar codes for each Mon-Thurs week period (each week has a new bar code). Not all registers will have the bar code binder for the discount, so it might help to go to customer service.

The best thing is that it stacks with other ongoing TRU sales. For some reason, the Entertainment books have a $5 off $25 coupon that never works for Skylanders (it's supposedly an excluded item as per the register), but the AARP $5 off $25 has always worked and been accepted by the register the 3 times I've attempted to use it. If you have a family member with the AARP card, register for an online account and get the app so that you can have the virtual AARP card on you whenever you stop into a TRU store. They never need any info off the actual AARP card and just give you the discount if they can locate that week's code in their binder.

Edit - here's a link to the discount: http://t.toysrus.com/shop/?categoryId=22729396

Interesting thing to know. I should mention this to my mother-in law as she wants to get our son xmas stuff.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me