Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Best Deals for figures and vehicles (stores with points systems)
Page 1 of 1
Best Deals for figures and vehicles (stores with points systems) [CLOSED]
DGAFPolar Green Sparx Gems: 174
#1 Posted: 05:46:13 04/10/2015 | Topic Creator
So Best Buy is $30 for 2 years and it saves you 20% on new games and skylanders.
Toys R Us is free, and you get a point per dollar spent, 250 points for a $10 coupon
Gamestop is $15 for a year and gets you 10 points per dollar spent on all new games and consoles
20 points per dollar spent on pre-owned games, accessories and consoles
20 points per dollar on traded-in games or consoles
Takes 5,000 points for a $5 off coupon, 10k for $10 and so on.

I havent tried best buy yet, i know people love it on this site, but the only Best Buy within an hour from me is in a state with sales tax and my state has none lol. Over the course of lets say $100, i spend an extra $6 but save $20. So that's $14 savings per $100 for $15 a year. For someone like me I would have to spend about $102.10 (ish) a year (which isn't hard to do with games) just to pay for the card.

Toys R Us is terrible, spend $250 for a $10 coupon....that's like 4%. If you get their Credit Card which is free you get 2 point per dollar......raising it to an amazing 8% lol. BUT they give you 10% off on Thursdays (with the credit card) and usually have the best stock and a lot of BOGO (random % off).

Gamestop is $15 for a year, lets say you only buy new games, that's $500 for a $5 coupon.....which is worse than TRU. If you only buy used games only it's $250 for a $5 coupon. Im not figuring in selling stuff as most of us hate selling to Gamestop and losing our shirts. If you get a coupon for money off a used item i think it's 10% less points. Plus after a while they have awesome sales like buy 2 toys to life figures get 3 free. PLUS you can find rare figures that kids trade in not knowing what they had. With all that being said you would have to buy $1500 a year of just new stuff to pay for the card, or $750 of just used stuff. This also comes with 10% off of anything used game, figure and accessory wise.

It's a lot of numbers and info, but what's everyone thoughts on this?

If this is in the wrong section please move it as I didnt know where to put it
---
Not everyone can be an Eon Elite lol
DGAFPolar Green Sparx Gems: 174
#2 Posted: 01:43:51 05/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Sings "ALLLLLLLLL BYYYYYY MYYYYYSELF"
---
Not everyone can be an Eon Elite lol
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me