darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > New Variant Discovered: Spring Dive Bomber (Confirmed real)
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
New Variant Discovered: Spring Dive Bomber (Confirmed real) [CLOSED]
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#1 Posted: 03:24:02 28/09/2015 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]
We finally have another new variant discovered. Thanks to the user Drawler, that used the good ol' (not so old) Skylanders website searching, we discovered a whole new In-Game Variant: Spring Dive Bomber.

(not real spoilers)
Wow, how many Variants we still don't know? There's too much this year.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:08:19 28/09/2015 by Matteomax
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#2 Posted: 03:30:38 28/09/2015
Yuck.

Stop buying these nasty spring and Easter colored Skylanders please.

And the Christmas ones while we're at it. Stop throwing money on ugly alts that prove we're all suckers. These unique skins COULD be getting programmed onto the figure you already have, but we prove we're all chumps. If they're gonna pull this crap, force them to make it good.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:31:31 28/09/2015 by Earth-Dragon
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#3 Posted: 03:32:59 28/09/2015
I like it :/
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#4 Posted: 03:51:54 28/09/2015
Quote: Earth-Dragon
Yuck.

And the Christmas ones while we're at it. Stop throwing money on ugly alts that prove we're all suckers. These unique skins COULD be getting programmed onto the figure you already have, but we prove we're all chumps. If they're gonna pull this crap, force them to make it good.

The more hardcore collectors are going to collect these no matter what. The guilt will only set in after the franchise has died off and they look at their mountain of plastic. It's hoarder mentality to grab the next new variant and forget about the old ones...quite honestly, let's have a show of hands...other than to register their Skylander to their collection, who here has played with their Legendary Trigger Happy, Punch Pop fizz, Kickoff Countdown, or Eggcellent Weeruptor in the last week??? Just throwing out a random list out there to see if there's anybody still taking the time to play with old variants.
#5 Posted: 03:57:32 28/09/2015
Punch Pop Fizz? All the time. One of the main guys used during Giants.

Giants was the last game where most of the variants looked great. I'm annoyed they've mostly degraded to garbage that, as I said, could easily be an unlock able in game (just like finding a hat).
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#6 Posted: 04:04:41 28/09/2015
Quote: mastermc54
Yuck.

The more hardcore collectors are going to collect these no matter what. The guilt will only set in after the franchise has died off and they look at their mountain of plastic. It's hoarder mentality to grab the next new variant and forget about the old ones...quite honestly, let's have a show of hands...other than to register their Skylander to their collection, who here has played with their Legendary Trigger Happy, Punch Pop fizz, Kickoff Countdown, or Eggcellent Weeruptor in the last week??? Just throwing out a random list out there to see if there's anybody still taking the time to play with old variants.

Funny thing is to me the variants are the only ones I still play... Hardly ever touch old non-variants skylanders, but I still use my Gnarly tree rex (and gnarly barkly) and royle DT and Eggcellent Weerupter and nitro magna charge and legendary night shift. Some of my favorite skylanders, its the rest of them that sit in fancy storage boxes and shelfs on display.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#7 Posted: 04:13:32 28/09/2015
Yuck.

In random news my target today had 12 fresh from box xmas jolly bumbleblast...yep swap force stuff.

Quote: mastermc54
Yuck.

I still play with my leg trigger happy cause I like his pose the best. I also like punch pop over reg, thou i like lc the best. Kickoff i dont touch and the last two i havent gotten to play yet.
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#8 Posted: 04:13:49 28/09/2015
Well I only own one of those, so yeah. But I have leveled Eggscelent Weeruptor a little in SC

But I must say, I ike the variants. A lot of times I pick it over the normal version. I love Springtime TH and Jolly BB. While I have no intention of buying Easter Thrillipede I am ok with him being made cause I know someone will. Honestly I am being to sensitive about it, I don't like being told to not buy something I like. Just my 2 cents.

Anyway this variant is nice looking, but I don't like the Dive Bomber so it's a pass.
---
Hahahahaha
eddiej27 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1028
#9 Posted: 04:15:10 28/09/2015
Am I the only one who has been really disappointed with variants this year?
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#10 Posted: 04:39:07 28/09/2015
Am I the only one who sees its a badly photoshopped picture?
#11 Posted: 04:39:20 28/09/2015
Quote: eddiej27

No....they are getting worse game by game and why I was pleading with Completionists to let them go the way of the lightcore.
---
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#12 Posted: 04:56:38 28/09/2015
I usually alway use the variant over the standard.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Pacifickarma Yellow Sparx Gems: 1268
#13 Posted: 05:11:09 28/09/2015
Quote: isaac343018s

It looks Photoshopped to me too.
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#14 Posted: 05:32:52 28/09/2015
Quote: Pacifickarma

It could be Photoshopped...who knows.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#15 Posted: 05:38:03 28/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: KeybasHedKey

Activision cutting costs.
---
Bruh
AzarianGO Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#16 Posted: 05:44:25 28/09/2015

No....they are getting worse game by game and why I was pleading with Completionists to let them go the way of the lightcore.

If completionists were the issue, variants would be gone like LC's... I'm sorry, but you're logic is a little flawed on that one.
---
228 figures, 26 traps, 24 magic items, 480 games, 19 consoles.... I have a habit.
FaboulousFab Yellow Sparx Gems: 1247
#17 Posted: 05:47:53 28/09/2015
Yes it looks like more fan-art more than activivi announce.
---
Marge: But I thought broccoli was...
Dr. Hibbert: Oh yes. One of the deadliest plants on earth. It tries to warn you itself with its terrible taste.
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#18 Posted: 06:16:57 28/09/2015

Yeah it looks fake
But I like it.
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#19 Posted: 07:27:35 28/09/2015
In other news I have a complete list of every figure, name and variant.
You guys should get ready to heartily guffaw at other such holiday related puns.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#20 Posted: 08:17:55 28/09/2015
Quote: KeybasHedKey

The link to the image leads to the official Skylanders website. So it's not fake.

https://www.skylanders.com/con...dive-bomber.png
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#21 Posted: 08:44:07 28/09/2015
Well, at least this Dive Bomber doesn't have a dull coloring... But I wouldn't have chosen bright purple for it myself.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#22 Posted: 09:22:50 28/09/2015
Yuck.

I agree with what you said and that could frankly apply to revamps as well.
They can change the animations of a character to the point of ruining it but they cannot add a new upgrade per game...?
Oh, right, we also have to buy a slightly different figure from the one we already have.

Yeah, sure.

But it is mainly a matter of tastes and while I definitely think revamps, variants and all those things (except maybe Lightcores) are a waste of time and money as they could tweak the in-game characters and let you customize them more... Activision will never loose that opportunity to make easy money.
And that's not even being greedy because they add little to no features to the exsisting gameplay.
They are mostly for collection purposes.

Replacing potentially new characters with lazy revamps and making them unlock important content in-game is being lazy but that's an old story...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:24:36 28/09/2015 by Drek95
Hawksey128 Blue Sparx Gems: 994
#23 Posted: 09:56:26 28/09/2015
To all those saying it's fake: Drawdler is a very trusted user.
---
I'm going to tell you right now.
BUY smilie
EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH THIS IS A POINTLESS EDITION TO A SIGNATURE I DUNNO
Dadskylanders Yellow Sparx Gems: 1410
#24 Posted: 10:46:32 28/09/2015
It is the real deal, Drawdler is one of the first to call fake and knows how to spot them. The link is legit to Acti web site.
---
Father of future gamers
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#25 Posted: 10:52:20 28/09/2015
Yeah, it isn't fake at all. Drawdler never would fake it, plus it was taken directly from Skylanders.com.

It "looks Photoshopped" because it's a picture of a 3D model, not an actual figure.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#26 Posted: 12:03:03 28/09/2015
The Variants are really bad this year. I want Enchanted back! I loved the changing colors and smilie is still my favorite Variant.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#27 Posted: 13:54:37 28/09/2015
Well... I mean, it's better than Easter Thrillipede... But yeah, the variants don't really feel all that special anymore.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#28 Posted: 13:58:11 28/09/2015
Yuck.

I'll but whatever I feel like, thank you very much. It's my money, and I can buy what ever I want with it.
---
Dead
#29 Posted: 14:03:39 28/09/2015
Activision needs to stick with keeping to variants of the actual playable Skylanders and not the side gimmicks. The side gimmicks like traps have minimal purpose in subsequent games. Do the variant villain traps, legendary traps, or Easter trap even register in Superchargers as anything special? At least with variants of actual Skylanders, you know you'll be able to play with your alt deco in future games.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#30 Posted: 14:05:00 28/09/2015
I'll buy this, add it to my in-game collection, play with it for awhile, and then return it for a refund.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#31 Posted: 14:41:39 28/09/2015
Given the nonsensical and absolutely ugly variants this year (this is not real), and after the collector "slam" VV put in the game, I'm happy to oblige and go just for the originals moving forward.
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#32 Posted: 16:59:49 28/09/2015
Quote: TheShadowDragon
I'll buy this, add it to my in-game collection, play with it for awhile, and then return it for a refund.

Isn't that illegal?
---
Hahahahaha
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#33 Posted: 17:06:18 28/09/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
Well... I mean, it's better than Easter Thrillipede... But yeah, the variants don't really feel all that special anymore.

Easter Thrillipedes figure is going to be scary as heck.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#34 Posted: 17:17:17 28/09/2015
Quote: GaiaMemories

Isn't that illegal?

No. Stealing it would be illegal. I'm just being financially-smart. I'm not even gonna take it out of the package, because the SuperCharger Portal can also read packaged figures.

Plus, if I'm not mistaken, the Spring Dive Bomber is the first and only Water variant figure so far. Water was the only element to not contain any SuperChargers variant until recently.
#35 Posted: 17:23:14 28/09/2015
Quote: AzarianGO

If completionists were the issue, variants would be gone like LC's... I'm sorry, but you're logic is a little flawed on that one.

Your inner narrative on my thinking is what's flawed. I'll clarify. The completionists patrol the forums. Soccor moms trying to get their kids to shut up don't. I'm lobbying who I can.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:54:16 28/09/2015 by Earth-Dragon
#36 Posted: 17:45:23 28/09/2015
Soccer moms trying to appease the kids probably don't know crap about the game and wouldn't listen if they were told. I'll stick to my fandom.
---
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#37 Posted: 17:47:21 28/09/2015
Quote: GaiaMemories

Isn't that illegal?

No. Stealing it would be illegal. I'm just being financially-smart. I'm not even gonna take it out of the package, because the SuperCharger Portal can also read packaged figures.

Plus, if I'm not mistaken, the Spring Dive Bomber is the first and only Water variant figure so far. Water was the only element to not contain any SuperChargers variant until recently.

While what you are doing isn't necessarily illegal, it definitely seems dishonest to me. You are essentially playing it for free, instead of paying for it. Because while you are paying for it, it's only until you return it, where they give you your money back, so essentially, you don't have to pay anything to play as it.
---
Dead
#38 Posted: 17:50:47 28/09/2015
@registering toy then returning - Illegal, not to an extent. Immoral?Probably. But if you start doing that to too many figures they'll definately keep an eye on you and refuse the toy returns eventually.
We had a thread about this at the start of the year that just became insult slinging after some time.
---
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#39 Posted: 18:02:31 28/09/2015
I actually like it. (Besides how messy it looks) It gives me a reason to buy Dive Bomber (to also Supercharge Dive-Clops). Im going to combo this with Easter Thrillipede
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
temperedreason Yellow Sparx Gems: 1351
#40 Posted: 18:35:34 28/09/2015
Would look cute having the Spring Dive Bomber with Easter Thrillipede and the egg hat smilie
AzarianGO Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#41 Posted: 18:44:44 28/09/2015

Your inner narrative on my thinking is what's flawed. The completionists patrol the forums. Soccor moms trying to get their kids to shut up don't. I'm lobbying who I can.

So you're telling others how to spend their money so this franchise can be molded the way you personally see fit? Way to act entitled.
---
228 figures, 26 traps, 24 magic items, 480 games, 19 consoles.... I have a habit.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#42 Posted: 18:47:40 28/09/2015

Your inner narrative on my thinking is what's flawed. The completionists patrol the forums. Soccor moms trying to get their kids to shut up don't. I'm lobbying who I can.

So you're telling others how to spend their money so this franchise can be molded the way you personally see fit? Way to act entitled.

Look into my evil eyes...OF DOOM!

You will do as I say, MINION! smilie
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#43 Posted: 18:59:54 28/09/2015
Quote: mega spyro
While what you are doing isn't necessarily illegal, it definitely seems dishonest to me. You are essentially playing it for free, instead of paying for it. Because while you are paying for it, it's only until you return it, where they give you your money back, so essentially, you don't have to pay anything to play as it.

Quote: Bifrost
@registering toy then returning - Illegal, not to an extent. Immoral?Probably. But if you start doing that to too many figures they'll definately keep an eye on you and refuse the toy returns eventually.
We had a thread about this at the start of the year that just became insult slinging after some time.

I'm really surprised that neither of you remember any of UncleBob's used-to-be-posted-frequently posts about return fraud, which the above practice clearly is. I disagree with the practice and believe that it should be illegal (if able to be proved), but currently I'm not seeing anything online that specifically states that the practice is actually illegal or carries any current legal penalties.

UncleBob, feel free to step in any time with the charts and pamphlets. smilie

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
#44 Posted: 19:13:56 28/09/2015
I remember the thread,but it got so heated I just stopped reading after a point.
---
#45 Posted: 19:25:44 28/09/2015
It's immoral, period. But cheats always justify there actions as them being crafty not realizing most of us thought of it as well, just realized the golden rule should apply.
---
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#46 Posted: 19:58:21 28/09/2015

I find it funny when people come here to post about how "clever" they are to buy, unlock, then return. It's not clever, it's not new, and people aren't going to be impressed. It isn't "financially-smart", being "finacially-smart" would be to not get it at all instead of making up some lame excuse due to it being a unique element variant. Some people don't mind, but no one is going to congratulate you for your ingenuity. At best, people will ignore it, at worst you will get raked over the coals for dishonesty.

You ever wonder why stores don't let you return opened video games? Because people used to play/beat then return them for a free rental. Now no one gets to return games they don't like because people were being "financially-smart" years ago, just like you Bro.

It is return fraud, not necessarily illegal (depends on the state). Now stores don't mind if you use things lightly then return, that's good customer service and expected. After all, people sometimes buy things that just simply won't work out - that's what Returns are for. But, they aren't about to be used as a free rental service - and they will ban you from ALL returns eventually. TRU recently put in a new system that will flag you pretty darn quickly if they identify you as a frequent buy/return person. There is an algorithm they use, and I'm sure it is closely guarded to prevent abuse. And that system is linked with other retailers, so taking advantage of TRU might result in your being banned from returns at a whole list of big stores.

I'm actually kind of surprised they haven't put blockers in the packages like Amiibos have. You cannot use Amiibos in the packages, unless you slit the bottom open and pull out the little disk below them. I guess they like the marketing of people putting them on the in store portal to watch the character.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:05:28 28/09/2015 by defpally
#47 Posted: 19:58:42 28/09/2015
I mentioned this in the other previous thread. The one who loses is the next kid who buys a used figure already registered to somebody else. Not all the younger players know (ages 4-6) how to take ownership and add a figure to the roster. They will lose out on adding the returned figure to their roster and any associated elemental bonus. With people unscrupulously returning figures in this manner, it's no longer safe to assume that any new figure you purchase will automatically be added to your roster. Despite all the self-assurances that it won't hurt anybody to do a buy and return in this manner, the "free rental" does have it's repercussions on the next owner.

By the way ShadowDragon, what will you get out of this whole adding to your collection, playing for a while, and then returning? Satisfaction of having one dumb vehicle on your collection screen like some badge of honor? What are you going to do next year? Buy the same vehicle and other variants you returned so they show up on your collection screen for the next game (and return again). Doesn't sound so smart to me.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:04:09 28/09/2015 by mastermc54
Gentleman Brawl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1050
#48 Posted: 20:30:03 28/09/2015
Do does this mean we're getting a Diveclops variant as well?
---
Fancy Skylanders are stronger in this zone.
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#49 Posted: 20:30:41 28/09/2015
Maybe a Holiday Dive-Clops?
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me