darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > So with Nightfall recalled, when do you think she'll be rereleased?
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
So with Nightfall recalled, when do you think she'll be rereleased?
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#51 Posted: 17:38:05 28/09/2015
Quote: defpally
That's why I think around Christmas we will see cases of nothing but Nightfalls. They won't disrupt other wave for this.

And with Sea Shadow packed in the Dark editions and being just the third Dark toon period, I don't think she's gonna warm very long, even if stores get 12 in a box or something silly (more then likely will be a half pack of the other wave 2s in each case to not flood the shelves too much)
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#52 Posted: 18:49:38 28/09/2015
Quote: Earth-Dragon
And with Sea Shadow packed in the Dark editions and being just the third Dark toon period, I don't think she's gonna warm very long, even if stores get 12 in a box or something silly (more then likely will be a half pack of the other wave 2s in each case to not flood the shelves too much)

Honestly? At this point, I'm half expecting Nightfall to become the next Yawn trap. We've gotten no official PR communication about what happened, only a back-channel answer culled from one of the support pages. If we'd gotten an official acknowledgement via an actual press release, one of the actual social media accounts, etc., I'd have more confidence, but this seems to repeat the past year's snafu with the Yawn traps--don't make any big, official acknowledgement and hope everybody keeps buying product and the issue falls by the wayside. If Nightfall isn't out before Christmas, I think that Activision is going to have a lot more than a comparative handful of upset collectors to worry about.

Unless they manage to get her out before the end of the year and flood shelves, she's going to be bigger scalper bait than any chase variant you can name. Let's all cross our fingers and hope this ends gracefully, with everybody happy at the outcome.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#53 Posted: 19:01:18 28/09/2015
An actual skylander is a MUCH higher priority then a repetitive trap. Almost every store I've been to trying to do the initial hunts had dozens of water traps on the shelves. Some might order more, if they were able to move the overstock of water. Another dumb distribution move.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#54 Posted: 20:12:27 28/09/2015
Guys, it is not a "bad" or "defective" chip. It's a chip with the wrong ID number on it. The figures work just fine with games that have been patched to recognize that internal code as Nightfall. ALL of the ones that went out are like this.

So since there will be 2 codings for Nightfall...the current one (patched) and the corrected one to be released)... will Nightfall show up twice on collection screens for those who have the wrong ID patched one and the corrected ID version?
preciousawaken Yellow Sparx Gems: 1774
#55 Posted: 02:08:14 29/09/2015
So I just got a notice from amazon.com that the Nightfall I pre-ordered will be delivered on Wednesday!!! Hope it stays true!!
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#56 Posted: 02:14:31 29/09/2015
Quote: mastermc54
Guys, it is not a "bad" or "defective" chip. It's a chip with the wrong ID number on it. The figures work just fine with games that have been patched to recognize that internal code as Nightfall. ALL of the ones that went out are like this.

So since there will be 2 codings for Nightfall...the current one (patched) and the corrected one to be released)... will Nightfall show up twice on collection screens for those who have the wrong ID patched one and the corrected ID version?

I would be pretty certain the patch considers them as one, that's how it should have been coded. Besides, having multiples of figures now do not register as unique.
jedihunter12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2401
#57 Posted: 03:29:25 29/09/2015
Mines being sent now also from Amazon
acriley91 Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#58 Posted: 04:10:35 29/09/2015
Has anyone seen a gameplay video of nightfall? I would have assumed that people who had her would have been rushing to be the first to post a video but I can't find one
#59 Posted: 04:14:51 29/09/2015
Quote: acriley91
Has anyone seen a gameplay video of nightfall? I would have assumed that people who had her would have been rushing to be the first to post a video but I can't find one

I saw a quick gameplay from someone on youtube. All that happened was them putting her on portal, moving around, and showing the 2 initial attacks. I can't post video right now but search for "skylanders nightfall". It was posted a few days ago.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#60 Posted: 07:04:33 29/09/2015
The saddest thing is bear with me everyone, but I have a game theory on why Nightfall is defective. Here are my thoughts:

It is possible it may have coding with her name with her name being labeled Night Fall and not Nightfall. Since the game needs to register certain characters to tell who is able to be played with, even the simplest detail such as a space in a character's name could cause the character to not be recognized. Think about it her box on all of the short released figures show her name as Night Fall, but the non physical copy of her box shows Nightfall as the name. Coding in anything can be thrown off simply by the tiniest error like a typo or even a slight incorrect format in the coding. Maybe this is the reason she doesn't read in the game properly. It's also like when someone here tries to type a character face on here with : : and have the name or letters in the middle and they make caps on the letters or put the wrong letters in the name. I know this since I took Game Development class and it maybe possible that's the reason she can't be read. Either way it's just a theory, a Game Theory.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#61 Posted: 07:49:30 29/09/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster617
The saddest thing is bear with me everyone, but I have a game theory on why Nightfall is defective. Here are my thoughts:

It is possible it may have coding with her name with her name being labeled Night Fall and not Nightfall. Since the game needs to register certain characters to tell who is able to be played with, even the simplest detail such as a space in a character's name could cause the character to not be recognized. Think about it her box on all of the short released figures show her name as Night Fall, but the non physical copy of her box shows Nightfall as the name. Coding in anything can be thrown off simply by the tiniest error like a typo or even a slight incorrect format in the coding. Maybe this is the reason she doesn't read in the game properly. It's also like when someone here tries to type a character face on here with : : and have the name or letters in the middle and they make caps on the letters or put the wrong letters in the name. I know this since I took Game Development class and it maybe possible that's the reason she can't be read. Either way it's just a theory, a Game Theory.

That would make perfect sense....I hope it won't be too long of a wait though, Nightfall is one of the top 3 Superchargers I want most ( the other 2 non-starter pack figs being Stormblade and Splat )
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#62 Posted: 07:50:57 29/09/2015
Well this is the first time in 5 games a figure ahsnt worked..so i guess that's good odds (thou someone mentioned something with eruptor in ssa)
#63 Posted: 09:09:40 29/09/2015
Now this is just another odd detail I caught with her box and that is that her box with her catchphrase in foreign language ends with a ? and not an ! like the English catchphrase, but if one looks at the box image again, the non physical box shows an exclamation mark on the foreign catchphrase like the English catchphrase. I don't know why, but they really rushed her for some reason and there are so many little details that may have played a role in her not working. In case no one know exactly what I mean, here are the images as proof.
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
DM235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1678
#64 Posted: 17:13:28 29/09/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster617
Now this is just another odd detail I caught with her box and that is that her box with her catchphrase in foreign language ends with a ? and not an ! like the English catchphrase, but if one looks at the box image again, the non physical box shows an exclamation mark on the foreign catchphrase like the English catchphrase. I don't know why, but they really rushed her for some reason and there are so many little details that may have played a role in her not working. In case no one know exactly what I mean, here are the images as proof.
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

The name is not on the RFID chip, and neither is the catch phrase. The only things that are there are the ID, series, gold, XP, hat, quests and nickname (which should be blank for new Skylanders).

The only things that would have prevented her from working was that either she was encrypted with the wrong key / bad checksum, or that her ID was wrong. My guess is that her ID was wrong. Someone just sent the wrong spreadsheet to the factory, and they QA checked against the spreadsheet.
#65 Posted: 17:24:29 29/09/2015
The big question I have out of this whole drama is that she will have to IDs assigned to her (1 from the recalled ones that were accidentally sold and 1 from the new ones sent out). So for Skylanders 6 and on....will they support both IDs or will the people who bought the recalled one have to buy another one when she is "re-released".
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#66 Posted: 18:04:04 29/09/2015
I got my Amazon shipping alert too
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
ultyzaus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1700
#67 Posted: 18:22:41 29/09/2015
Just for trivia, the French catchphrase means "Who's afraid of the dark?"
---
http://ultyzarus.deviantart.com/
223/254, 17 superchargers, 14 vehicles
Characters missing: Rocky Roll, Splat, Nightfall, Thrillipede
#68 Posted: 18:27:14 29/09/2015
Quote: AzureStarline
I got my Amazon shipping alert too

Mine still says "preparing for shipment" but expected delivery is tomorrow evening so fingers crossed!!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#69 Posted: 18:33:09 29/09/2015
Quote: ultyzaus

You mean Hex's catchphrase?

Well, Doom Stone and Cynder aren't the only ones getting their lines used for another character.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
ultyzaus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1700
#70 Posted: 18:39:06 29/09/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: ultyzaus

You mean Hex's catchphrase?

Well, Doom Stone and Cynder aren't the only ones getting their lines used for another character.

Nop, I just translated Nightfall's. Hex's is "Fear the Dark", and the French translation means the same.
---
http://ultyzarus.deviantart.com/
223/254, 17 superchargers, 14 vehicles
Characters missing: Rocky Roll, Splat, Nightfall, Thrillipede
#71 Posted: 19:43:19 29/09/2015
Mine is going to arrive tomorrow then smash hit and high volt comes Monday super excited
chained skull Gold Sparx Gems: 2971
#72 Posted: 19:47:39 29/09/2015
wait does this mean amazon is shipping the bad nightfalls or sending out good ones? I just bought one on ebay from a German guy for like 40 bucks and yes i know i did make a topic about did nightfall get patched for wii u? but i was derping out and i thought of my splatoon. (Haven`t updated it i n forever cause story mode) but i did just buy the defective figure for collective purposes but if the wii u does get patched this weekend then I'll tear the box wide open and slam her on the portal
---
What do I even write here? Lmao
#73 Posted: 23:11:55 29/09/2015
Well my thoughts on her was just a theory. It's not like anyone else has any better ideas on what happened to her. In fact I have even more ideas on how that may be the case. The figure does read her name as so and I had a similar situation with another game when searching for a Pokemon on the GTS. When typing Porygon2 I spaced the 2 from Porygon and the GTS couldn't find him, but when I didn't space the 2, he showed up in the GTS. It isn't a matter of whether or not that I am right, but coding can be very difficult and one tiny inaccuracy to the code can legitimately throw off the system.
---
#74 Posted: 23:14:51 29/09/2015
Just like everyone that calls her Knightfall instead of Nightfall?
---
#75 Posted: 01:15:25 30/09/2015
Just got my email from Amazon. Will be delivered by 6pm tomorrow!!! So excited!!
#76 Posted: 19:35:24 30/09/2015
Nightfall has arrived!!! So excited to play as her. Looks like Amazon sent me one of the European versions.
#77 Posted: 19:47:49 30/09/2015
Quote: preciousawaken
Nightfall has arrived!!! So excited to play as her. Looks like Amazon sent me one of the European versions.

What system do you play on? Try to test it and see if it's one of the original batch or some corrected new batch.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#78 Posted: 21:06:55 30/09/2015
Quote: AzureStarline

What system do you play on? Try to test it and see if it's one of the original batch or some corrected new batch.

I have it on PS4 and Xbox 360. It worked on the PS4 (which we knew). Will check on 360 tonight.
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#79 Posted: 00:16:42 01/10/2015
FYI, for those wondering, Night Fall does not work on PS3. I figured but its one thing to guess and another to see it, which I did today. It will be an expensive dust gatherer for the moment it would seem.
#80 Posted: 01:18:19 01/10/2015
Checked mine and it does not work on the 360. Just the PS4.
#81 Posted: 01:49:15 01/10/2015
Got mine from Amazon doesn't work on xboxone
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#82 Posted: 02:19:01 01/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Glad I didn't preorder any.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
BoneGrunt Green Sparx Gems: 447
#83 Posted: 06:58:50 01/10/2015
I'm surprised they didn't cancel the pre-orders.
#84 Posted: 13:22:37 01/10/2015
Got mine and I'm glad I play on PS4
---
#85 Posted: 04:31:59 02/10/2015
Has anyone called activision support about nightfall yet
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#86 Posted: 05:56:41 02/10/2015
Whether you're dark and dangerous or afraid of the dark, I feel like sharing my poem again...

Beautiful Nightfall
Get on back up
Pray to your maker
No longer corrupt

Gamers demanding
You need to be
A dark dreadwalker
Work flawlessly

Whatever it takes
No matter the cost
Make no mistake
Nightfall's not lost

Time to take aim
Strike like an arrow
Get in the game
Drive Sea Shadow

I think mysteriousness just enhances the dark.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:58:23 02/10/2015 by 4inCreation
Solaris Green Sparx Gems: 485
#87 Posted: 07:53:57 02/10/2015
Does the Amazon Nightfall work on Wii U? I don't want to buy her until I'm sure.
#88 Posted: 14:41:44 02/10/2015
Quote: jedihunter12
Has anyone called activision support about nightfall yet

Someone did right after launch and they got a generic message about her being recalled and being reissued ASAP. Check it out here: //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=123065

Quote: Solaris
Does the Amazon Nightfall work on Wii U? I don't want to buy her until I'm sure.

I've heard mixed reports across all consoles, so it's hard to say. As long as you've gotten a new update after launch day, you should be able to play with her, as the post-launch patch that was pushed out was supposed to fix the game to work with the figures that escaped quarantine. She definitely works on the PS4 with patch 1.2.1 or higher but don't know for certain what the Wii U version would be. Some have suggested that the software versions numbers have been or would be identical across platforms this time around, but there hasn't been any consensus on it. Good luck!

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#89 Posted: 14:56:16 02/10/2015
I called Activision as well about mine not working on the PS3. They said they were recalled and will be out before the end of the year. I said I do not understand, you guys released a patch for PS4 users so why not do one for PS3? I spend as much money as folks on the PS4. They said he was aware of no update coming for the PS3 as of now.
#90 Posted: 15:04:58 02/10/2015
It's not on Acti's hands, they're not playing console favorites on patches(or the WiiU would get it). It's simply who managed to release the patch first, and if the others will or not depends if Acti decided to recall instead before sending the patches to other consoles, or if they're doing both and it's just taking a ton of time.
---
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#91 Posted: 16:31:18 02/10/2015
Quote: lamoracke
I called Activision as well about mine not working on the PS3. They said they were recalled and will be out before the end of the year. I said I do not understand, you guys released a patch for PS4 users so why not do one for PS3? I spend as much money as folks on the PS4. They said he was aware of no update coming for the PS3 as of now.

Did they not take down your information and offer to send you a new replacement figure when new ones are made? That's customer service 101...they can't just stick you with an expensive paperweight novelty figure.
#92 Posted: 16:45:25 02/10/2015
I wish they would patch xboxone basically spent 14 on a non working figure
#93 Posted: 17:11:30 02/10/2015
You can probably return it if you don't have the PS4 version, though probably Activision Assist is better than a store since they'll eventually send you a working one.
---
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#94 Posted: 17:24:18 02/10/2015
So users outside of the PS4 version are still out of luck I see? That's kinda crappy.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#95 Posted: 18:14:12 02/10/2015
Checked mine and it does not work on the 360. Just the PS4.

My life is over smilie
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#96 Posted: 18:51:27 02/10/2015
Quote: GameMaster78
So users outside of the PS4 version are still out of luck I see? That's kinda crappy.

No other platform has received 1.2.1 although I hear PS3 got the update recently.
Skellington Blue Sparx Gems: 638
#97 Posted: 19:09:20 02/10/2015
I called Activision re: Nightfall and was told there wouldn't be a patch for the Xbox 360. But the customer service operator seemed clueless, so I'm taking his statement with a grain of salt. He clearly wanted me to select a replacement figure from waves 1 and 2, then go away.
#98 Posted: 20:51:44 02/10/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Quote: GameMaster78

No other platform has received 1.2.1 although I hear PS3 got the update recently.

While it's possible, it would be highly unusual for every platform to carry the same software version of the game. I read earlier today (can't recall which thread) about someone getting a PS3 patch of 1.02 or 1.03 pushed to their system, so it's possible that other systems are finally starting to have their patches roll out, just not with the same identifiers as those for the PS4.

Quote: Skellington
I called Activision re: Nightfall and was told there wouldn't be a patch for the Xbox 360. But the customer service operator seemed clueless, so I'm taking his statement with a grain of salt. He clearly wanted me to select a replacement figure from waves 1 and 2, then go away.

Honestly, 99% of the people you will ever talk to on a Customer Service line, even if you escalate, will not have any direct clue about what you're talking about. Everyone is expected to run off of scripts that are supplied in advance by their company and while there are updates that are sent out regarding new problems and solutions being discovered, it is extraordinarily rare for anyone who is part of front line Customer Service to have up-to-the-minute information.

Activision's Assist folks flat out saying there isn't an update coming for platform (x) is most likely those people preemptively stopping conversations where they don't know the answers. In my job, if an item a customer wants that I have to source goes on backorder with the manufacturer and the manufacturer fails to or cannot provide an ETA for stock for a certain period of time, I will begin telling people that the item is discontinued as it's usually correct and, if not, I can always apologize later and update them with the new, updated details. If you called and asked if there were going to be a patch, the conversation would likely go, "I'm sorry, but I don't know of any patch coming out at this time. Perhaps one will come out in the future." 'But when?' "I'm sorry, but I don't know." 'Who would? Let me talk to your supervisor.' (etc., etc.)

No matter how far up that chain you go, because those folks aren't given any ideas regarding if a patch is in the pipe until it's either immediately ready to drop or has already dropped, you're just chasing your tail and running up their call time to try to mine details out of them--hence the quick "it's not happening" answer. I could be wrong, but having done a similar job for quite a few years for multiple companies, I know how these things generally work.

So, while I know I'm not inspiring anyone, the tl;dr version is: Phone CS normally doesn't know about anything that the company hasn't publicly announced so them saying "Nope, no patch" doesn't mean hope is extinguished just yet.

-Doug
---
#99 Posted: 21:07:54 02/10/2015
I think it's better to see responses for Activision Assist's account in here than calling them. Though considering the last thing they addressed was a faulty portal in the TT section(this week still,but nothing Superchargers related),it seems they're not sure how to go about with this one, so we'll have to wait and see.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:08:11 02/10/2015 by Bifrost
Tigran Red Sparx Gems: 24
#100 Posted: 03:23:23 05/10/2015
Is there a way to check to see if it's a bad RFID chip like the Nightfall figures?

The reason I ask is I got a Steel Plated Smash Hit that doesn't register.
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me