6/10 from GameInformer
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#51 Posted: 03:36:28 27/09/2015
Quote: Earth-Dragon
Quote: Blink182Bouncer
The vehicles weren't the problem with this game
I personally am loving them

The rediculous amount of filler in this game is the worst issue

-The Bandit Train is just puzzles and platforming and frustrating darkened room combat
-The Titan level is just 3 consecutive boss battles
-The Derby and Battle Brawl is just mini-levels
-The Spell Punk Library lacks 3D combat (A good level, but still feels like filler)
-The Vault of the Ancients magnet gimmick breaks the flow of the level

So in the end
-Rift Into Skylands
-Cloudbreather Crag
-Cloud Kingdom
-Land of the Undead
-Gadfly Glades
-The Final Level
-Cap'N Clucks Chicken HQ
-The Spell Punk Library (To an extent)

Are the only real levels
I still love the game, Just find the lack of content (The 5 wastes of levels) sad

It's funny. Folks complain about "lack of variety" and then you smash all the variety in play durin story as "crap filler".

There's a difference between creative variety in level design and forced "variety"
I can get down with most of this game though, the Titan level, and Bandit train are the only real "Bad" levels
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#52 Posted: 03:38:09 27/09/2015
I have to agree with the review to a degree...while not the worst, the amount content & replayability is all subjective. I personally don't like the racing, the vehicles take up way too much of the overall game imo, and the final battle against the Darkness was the most obnoxious bull**** to have the game end on. Plus, the magic items & adventure items only give you legendary treasures, the Traps don't do much ( I would have preferred to continue playing as the villains... ), Skystones is still annoying imo ( though at least they don't force you to play it multiple times just to beat the story like Giants & TT did ) and the randomness of getting the hats/legendary treasures/winged sapphires/soul gems makes getting them all & exploring all areas less fulfilling.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game I just prefer the prior titles over Superchargers....and while I loved Swap Force, the score & time attack modes were annoying ( largely the score attack mode...getting more than 1 star on a level requires impossible scores )....I also loved Kaos Doom Challenge in TT
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#53 Posted: 03:59:59 27/09/2015
Two pages........Wow.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#54 Posted: 04:10:14 27/09/2015
I don't like what they did with the magic items in this game. One time my daughters were dying. They go for the Healong Eloxor and it doesn't do anything. Way to value our collections.

No Adventure Packs to extend gameplay for those who don't want Mario Kart 2.0. I was hoping for online play in things like PVP and single - ON FOOT - player.

Remember how in Swap Force, the gimmick was an option, while the beefy levels still played like the previous two games? They could have done that with land, sea and sky segments. An option, but you can skip.

There was next to no exploration in Superchargers. You couldn't even fall off the sides of many areas anymore, showing how much they cut back on the exploration. I wish they would stick to the old formula, while introducing new things.

- elemental gates openable by any of your previous Skylanders of any given element
- chests, legendary treasures, soul gems, hats per level
- adventure packs
- exploration

Instead it was small segments on foot, drive a car, on foot, drive a car, on foot, level done. I have already literally put away Superchargers. I may mess with it again, only to register characters, but online would only be fun with land vehicles, as you can do things like drift and it feels faster than in the air or sea, but that amounts to 4 tracks and would get boring quick.

I kept telling myself that VV could duplicate the awesomeness that was Swap Force and its sheer amount of fun content and gimmick. Yet when all of your vehicle segments play the same, minus one instance where a sky section plays like a top/down shooter, it's just boring. Now, if they would have taken the best parts of Superchargers, like having some levels be totally on foot, brim back exploration, and add cool things like magnet puzzle levels, Gravity, or becoming huge, that would have broken up the repetitiveness a bit. VV has great ideas, but I think they just left it at the door this year.

This adds to the fact that apparently the Skylanders brand is incapable of releasing all of their products to consumers, and it's starting to hurt the brand more than boost confidence. I mean we here in the U.S. cant finish our collections, because we're missing the three Yawn Traps.

It's all just so disheartening, especially coming from someone who spent 4,000 alone buying all 256 combinations of Swap Force Skylanders.

I mean, heck, why not make an ultimate Skylander adventure that requires Giants, Swap Force, Trap Masters and Superchargers to defeat an ultimate evil? It would allow for the use of all of our gimmick figures in each level. Now that there is variety.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:13:11 27/09/2015 by GameMaster78
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#55 Posted: 04:22:17 27/09/2015
Quote: GameMaster78

I mean, heck, why not make an ultimate Skylander adventure that requires Giants, Swap Force, Trap Masters and Superchargers to defeat an ultimate evil? It would allow for the use of all of our gimmick figures in each level. Now that there is variety.

You know they would have to be optional, right? People just getting started wouldn't have a Giant, Swapper, TM or Supercharger.
OT:I seem to be in the minority that didn't like SF. I love the gimmick but the game is meh in my opinion.
---
Hahahahaha
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#56 Posted: 04:47:18 27/09/2015
I think their strong emphasis on dissing the vehicles is a valid concern. If you don't like the vehicle/car gameplay, you won't like how you're forced to do it in nearly every level and replaces some on-foot boss fights with more tedious vehicle ones.
The Skylanders (as characters) are the bread and butter of the series.
The other gimmicks were optional and didn't hijack the core game, except maybe the whole "trap the villain" cutscenes.

Car racing just feels like you're going down a bowling lane with gutter bumpers. It doesn't have the same depth of terrain and hazards like Mario Kart. I guess I could give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it was "dumbed down" for kids or something, auto-use items would support that theory.

On repetition, SF was also extremely repetitious in the post-game with how often you had to replay levels with a new name (time/score, difficulty), and replaying the swap zones through the menu. Swap zones also offered the same gameplay within each movement type. But there were 8 different movement types, so there was more variety.

The core gameplay segments (dem creative levels!) and baby step towards customizing the hub are definitely the highlights of the game. There's still issues with unneeded wait times, particularly with the delay of canceling prerendered cutscenes* and skystones' lengthy unskippable turn animations.
*even with the skip option set to "always."
---
#all Spyros are valid
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#57 Posted: 05:06:38 27/09/2015
Quote: GaiaMemories

You know they would have to be optional, right? People just getting started wouldn't have a Giant, Swapper, TM or Supercharger.
OT:I seem to be in the minority that didn't like SF. I love the gimmick but the game is meh in my opinion.

Actually, I came up with a great idea about that...a digital free to play Skylanders game, with the option to play 100% with instant Skylanders sans portal. Here's the cool part: those of us with the toys & portals could use them while others not interested in the toys could still enjoy the game with the instant versions ( a couple freebies on a rotating basis, but you could use IAPs to get every character & vehicle minus variants ). Magic items would be magic items again, level items could unlock new stages based on their themes, traps could allow playing the villains again ( maybe offer new villains to trap & play? )...the levels would have hats, legendary treasures, soul gems, winged sapphires and chests to find....there'd be element gates, dual element gates, vehicle missions for all 3 terrain types, villain quests, side quests for the Skylanders, feats of strength, Traptanium gates & crystals, swap zones ( but new ones that are actually fun ), arena challenges ( but hopefully not those bs "don't get hit" ones ) and Supercharger gates....maybe areas that only minis could enter. You know, make use of everything.

As for SF, my biggest gripe was the annoying score mode...those scores are ridiculous ( same for some of the bonus mission and arena scores... ). Minor complaint towards the Portal Master ranks too ( locking hats & whatnot to high ranks requiring insane stuff to earn stars to rank up )
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#58 Posted: 06:06:38 27/09/2015
VV made the greatest

Superchargers is SUBjectively greater
longest

Superchargers is OBjectively longer
Skylander game with the most amount of content

Superchargers OBjectively has more content
and above all, variety.

Seriously, just taking modes from Giants and adding a scoring system is NOT variety...
Bonus Missions? Heroics with Scores
Gurglefin's Arenas? Brock's Arenas with Scores
Score attack? Story mode WITH SCORES...
Time attack... Story mode with a TIMER... Which is basically SCORING you on speediness

So, forgive me if i'm overstepping, but I'm going to go for the game that doesn't force me to play through its terrible, TERRIBLE, traumatizingly boring story FOUR TIMES... once on easy/normal/hard, once on nightmare, once on time attack, and once on score attack... I was sick of it by the end of chapter 3 on my FIRST RUN, I quit the series, and was planning to skip Trap Team as well, except Light and Dark Elements drew me in... (and new DRAGONS smilie), and THEN to some shallow imitation of Heroic Challenges and expects me to actually avoid being hit, kill everything along the way AND finish ASAP the whole time...
and THEN some shallow imitation of Brock's Arena that asks the same of me...
Sometimes I want to let loose and go berserk...
That's kinda what I feel the arena is FOR in the first place!
At least Superchargers TRIES to do something different!
There's no reason to pull what they pulled with Superchargers.
No reason NOT to, either!

All vehicles play the same in their zones. Except for the instance I mentioned above with the top/down shooter and that only happened once.

TWICE, actually, the land zone in that area played like a watered-down sidescrolling shooter...

Any extra content is tied to playing in zones that play the same as the zones in the campaign.

That's weird, because I've never played a sky zone that was a long straight course, but ALL of the sky zones are long straight courses...
Furthermore, these zones have about as much variety as any gameplay in SWAP Force...
It's not like they didn't do time attack in both games, and it's not like they didn't do some form of score attack in both games, but Supercharger Challenges (well, most of the ones I've played at least [Spitfire's is weaksauce, but after hours of trying, I still haven't mastered DK's stage to the point I've played, not even to the point of 3 stars...]) Is ACTUALLY challenging.

VV made each swap zone feel different and each zone felt different in it's own way. And even if people didn't want to partake in them, they didn't have to, but for those who did, that was 8 different ways to play Swap Force.

Right, tell me again how the gameplay of a Speed Zone and a Rocket Zone is more different than the gameplay of a Land Zone and a Sky Zone, for all you complain about how Vehicle zones are all either loops or straight paths to the finish, SWAP Zones restrict themselves to JUST straight paths to the finish, be they Climb, Speed, Rocket, Bounce, they're not much less linear than Vehicle Zones. sure, you have an argument where it comes to Teleport, Spin and MAYBE Stealth Zones... (because I've never played a stealth zone)
Each zone feels about as different in Superchargers, but there's just less kinds, and the more... unique ways were omitted...
A land zone is all about speed, moving as fast as you can atop a 2 dimensional plane, but with a Sea Zone, you switch between two of such planes, but is less about making a turn sharp enough to avoid an obstacle, and more about switching between the two planes with enough precision to avoid the obstacles, Sky Zones feel the most unique of them, while Land Zones are all about speed, Sky Zones are more about the free three dimensional movements, you can move up, down, left, right, forward, and back, as well as barrel roll, to dodge enemy fire and chase down them to return fire...

The only thing VV did right with this game was the reward for rank 74, and I hope all future games allow you to do that, and the fact they let your Skylanders benefit from 35 speed without the need for a hat. I hate Skylanders that move too slow. Now they all feel fast. Each game needs to have as much variety as Swap Force, keep Adventure Packs, cause as of now I'm done with this game. No new level to try out down the line, bring back cool modes like bonus missions and score/time attack, and bring in a gimmick that doesn't only play 1 or 2 ways.

Seriously, you talk about THIS game being repetitive, and then ask them to bring back 2 modes that require you to play through the WORST, MOST BORING, story TWO EXTRA TIMES?
Dude, don't complain about one game making you do something SIMILAR over and over, and then praise another game for forcing you to sit through the EXACT SAME LEVELS FOUR TIMES...
Like, literally, hypocrisy at its finest, man!
And bonus missions are just a ripoff of Heroics with Score Attack tacked on...
It brought NOTHING to the table that Giants didn't apart from padding, like the Scoring mechanic they tacked on to EVERYTHING, and the time attack mode, it's ALL JUST PADDING!
Time attack is in this game, for races, by the way...
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
DGAFPolar Green Sparx Gems: 174
#59 Posted: 06:32:41 27/09/2015
People buy a game where each series focuses mainly on the new toys they are trying to sell....then fuss when it focuses on the new toy types. Swap Force was boring to me. it seemed like i had to buy way too much and the little side games were honestly more annoying to me than anything else. Trap Team was fun but felt short and the need to buy a trap master of each type and then buy a trap of each type to enjoy it. I enjoyed trap team much more than SF though. SSC is a really fun game for me and anyone else who likes racing style games. It seems like people bought this game and then get upset they had to use vehicles a lot in it. I understand why people felt like the traps were not used properly, but we all knew that not every game forward would have the trap to use villains....otherwise it would be TT over and over. At least with SSC they can make future stand alone racing games and such....will they, maybe, maybe not...but the odds of them doing that would be more likely than them having more games where you trap and use villains. I think, when it comes to TT some people are upset they collected all the traps and now they have no use. I dunno, maybe everything i said came from the mind of a crazy man lol
---
Not everyone can be an Eon Elite lol
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#60 Posted: 08:31:38 27/09/2015
It's best go off the average of all reviews. Hence 8 out of ten is fair. I don't think you can justify a purchase of game with one review. Multiple sources are needed to make an informed decision.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#61 Posted: 20:31:45 27/09/2015
All I can say is, hopefully next year, Skylanders gets it right. Now I scrambling to see what Lego Dimensions is all about. Watching videos and streams, it looks pretty fun. Puzzle solving is tied to the portal, and I'm liking the variety in levels and gameplay each level brings.

I just thought that since VV brought 8 different ways to play with Skylanders in Swap Force, we'd get a greater variety with each land, sea and sky zone, but they were all the same minus TWO instances of land and sky playing differently.

I love Skylanders, but despite making the awesome choice of what you're allowed to do once you hit rank 74 and a couple of levels having cool instances of gameplay, this game left a horribly sour taste in my mouth. All of my magic items have been busted down to being nothing more than decorations in the academy, and I hated having to drive a car every 5-10 minutes to get from one on foot section to the next, only to have said on foot sections lack much - if any - exploration at all.

Always next year.
---
Gentleman Brawl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1050
#62 Posted: 20:37:03 27/09/2015
I just hope this doesn't become the beginning of Skylander's downfall.

Because with Lego Dimensions on the rise, this is the worst time for Skylanders to flop.
---
Fancy Skylanders are stronger in this zone.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:38:55 27/09/2015 by Gentleman Brawl
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#63 Posted: 20:42:15 27/09/2015
Quote: Gentleman Brawl
I just hope this doesn't become the beginning of Skylander's downfall.

Because with Lego Dimensions on the rise, this is the worst time for Skylanders to flop.

Wondering if that's why they wanted to be first out of the gate. Get it while the getting's good. smilie
#64 Posted: 21:03:48 27/09/2015
Skylanders needs to stick to some core fundamentals.

First off they alienated all of the past figures with each new game starting with Trap Team. Only Trap Masters could open elemental gates, and now in this new game, the vehicles are the stars, not the Skylanders.

Old magic items are useless, when they should serve the same function every game. Elemental gates were awesome, and I miss those. EVERY game should have elemental gates. Also they should extend the life of the game with Adventure Packs. It helps to keep people coming back when the game is lite on things to do.

Lego Dimensions will have level packs coming out clear up until May of next year. What will Superchargers have outside of online racing, to which only land racing is fair in fun? Sky and Sea racing was boring to me in this game.

I wanted this game to best Swap Force as my favorite game, but there isn't much to do in this game. I am actually going to go back to playing Swap Force sometime inbetween giving Lego Dimensions a whirl, plus Halo 5 and Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Hope next year brings a gimmick that doesn't alienate the hundreds of figures we've spent thousands on, while bringing back staples of Skylanders like elemental gates, and levels with interesting varieties of gameplay. Oh, and allows our magic items to do more than be objects to beat up for a few coins.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:04:42 27/09/2015 by GameMaster78
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#65 Posted: 21:06:56 27/09/2015
Alrighty then Chief. Go have fun with Dimensions and let us know.
#66 Posted: 21:21:32 27/09/2015
Well I've been watching streams, and I love how the portal is being used to solve puzzles. Another cool thing about Swap Force, was how it used the portal during a particular fight. Outside of the portal in Dimensions being used for puzzles, the games levels last longer than Superchargers did, and there are more puzzle solving elements per level.

14 worlds out of the box and they don't cram a car down your throat.
---
#67 Posted: 21:33:10 27/09/2015
Man, this thread jumped into a Dimensions thread really quick. I dont enjoy lego games at all so i have no fear of dimensions costing me money. Enjoy collecting all that lego stuff. I do wish that people who are starting to hate skylanders would just stay off the board, its not fun to be around the bad vibes.
---
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#68 Posted: 21:37:55 27/09/2015
What I loved about Swap force and the others was the PvP.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#69 Posted: 21:40:25 27/09/2015
If you don't like the game no one is forcing you to buy it. For those who don't want SC go have fun with Lego or Disney or Amiibo or whatever the heck else it is you want to play or collect.
---
Hahahahaha
#70 Posted: 21:50:07 27/09/2015
The negative reviews are also useful I would say. Kind of a necessary feedback in order to make each game better. The positives are useful as well, since it makes you certain about the things you are gonna love. All reviews are welcome and necessary. Peace and love my friends smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:51:13 27/09/2015 by angelg
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#71 Posted: 21:52:39 27/09/2015
No complaints here about bringing PVP back. All it takes is taking the swap force arenas and adding them back in.

Though I think garbage like the elites makes them hesitant, but why not treat them as regulars once in the arena or something? Or better yet, stop producing money sucks (and for the love of all that is holy, stop buying the people)
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
#72 Posted: 21:57:38 27/09/2015
Quote: angelg
The negative reviews are also useful I would say. Kind of a necessary feedback in order to make each game better. The positives are useful as well, since it makes you certain about the things you are gonna love. All reviews are welcome and necessary. Peace and love my friends smilie

Exactly, constructive criticism is given to help make it better the next time around, because we care what happens to it and we don't want it to perform poorly.

We just want Skylanders to be as good as it can be.
---
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#73 Posted: 21:59:25 27/09/2015
Nah,some people actually want it to bomb so they get an excuse to jump ship. None of them are currently posting here,though,thankfully; but unfortunately no, not everyone is criticizing out of wanting improvement.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#74 Posted: 22:03:32 27/09/2015
Quote: Earth-Dragon
No complaints here about bringing PVP back. All it takes is taking the swap force arenas and adding them back in.

Though I think garbage like the elites makes them hesitant, but why not treat them as regulars once in the arena or something? Or better yet, stop producing money sucks (and for the love of all that is holy, stop buying the people)

As someone who loves the Elites, maybe make it to where they can only fight fellow elites?
---
Hahahahaha
#75 Posted: 22:04:20 27/09/2015
I hope they hear our complaints so next years game may be better, or the next one developed by VV at least.
---
#76 Posted: 22:08:13 27/09/2015
What,TFB can't improve?

Both of them need to hear,both of them have to fix their stuff. We can't be like this GameInformer guy who chooses a side and bashes the other, the series will never improve being good once every 2 years for a yearly release; teamwork being the way to victory is on the
lyrics to Supercharged With Love,after all.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:09:00 27/09/2015 by Bifrost
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#77 Posted: 22:08:49 27/09/2015
I'm just puzzled how adding driving to a game focused on driving and vehicles is "shoving a vehicle down your throat". Is Mario Kart bad because it is a Mario game that shoves a vehicle down your throat? Did Activision sign some contract that promised to give Gamemaster "lots of uses for the plastic he spent way too much money on"? Was this part of the whole 256 Swap Force photo thing? You know some people like driving games, right? My youngest might actually want to play the game instead of just the figures this year because of driving.

Ok here is the deal, there are now 144 unique playable characters in this series and growing every year. At some point they are going to have to say "we aren't going to do much more than basic compatibility to some of that list". And when it comes to non-character items, well should darn well know by now anything that isn't a character is going to have minimal value in future games. That goes for vehicles, too. Don't invest in lots of them and all the variants if that is a problem for you, because next year they probably aren't going to do squat, particularly since TfB will be on the game again and we know how they are with "not our idea" things. It's going to be exactly like Traps, and Magic Items, and Adventure sets. And full on expect these Racing Trophies to do nothing for Skylanders 6.

The Exit door is in the same place as it has been for the past 4 years. And every year we get the same "worst game yet" complaints from people.
#78 Posted: 22:14:33 27/09/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Nah,some people actually want it to bomb so they get an excuse to jump ship. None of them are currently posting here,though,thankfully; but unfortunately no, not everyone is criticizing out of wanting improvement.

I know that, bad criticism can be often used just to throw flack at whatever it is they're reviewing.

It's distasteful.
---
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#79 Posted: 22:26:49 27/09/2015
The same reviewer gave DI 3.0 an 8.5. Now this is just my opinion and I have played both, but skylanders game play is much more solid than DI. Also DI has a heap boring repetitive missions.

Both games are good in the own right but if skylanders goes low as a 6.5 disney infinity shouldn't be an 8.5 with all it flaws.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#80 Posted: 23:11:13 27/09/2015
i read the gameinformer and i agree with the reviewer. i am very disappointed with the whole game this year... seeing my favorite game i have been buying/collecting and enjoying for 4 years end up this bad is hard.. but i made a choice not to buy superchargers early on, mostly because of the karting. and when the game was released i did a see a glimpse of hope, and though maybe i should give it a go anyway.

then a game breaking bug was revealed, and the game needed patching to get the figurines to work in the game.. also the bug/glitch tracking thread here on the forum is just getting bigger for everyday. this supercharger game is a serious drop in quality, and its clearly worse than trap team. i see many of the superchargers figurines i want to buy, but what is the point?.. the game depended on patches to work as intended. patches will be gone sometime down the line and since i cant back up the patches for the keep. its just not worth using the money on this i feel.. if not tfb are able to do it right with skylanders6 i fear its all over, i hope not but i fear it...

i read ghostmaster's post #78 here and i have played the game myself for a bit at a friends house and i agree with everything he said. but with all this said, 2011 the year of skylanders spyro adventure, what a great year of gaming that was, i miss those times very much...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:12:56 27/09/2015 by CountMoneyBone
#81 Posted: 23:12:18 27/09/2015
Well, I take back what I said,now we have them.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#82 Posted: 23:17:03 27/09/2015
Should I put up another The future of Skylanders franchise discussion?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#83 Posted: 23:17:42 27/09/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone

then a game breaking bug was revealed, and the game needed patching to get the figurines to work in the game.. also the bug/glitch tracking thread here on the forum is just getting bigger for everyday. this supercharger game is a serious drop in quality, and its clearly worse than trap team. i see many of the superchargers figurines i want to buy, but what is the point?.. the game depended on patches to work as intended. patches will be gone sometime down the line and since i cant back up the patches for the keep. its just not worth using the money on this i feel.. if not tfb are able to do it right with skylanders6 i fear its all over, i hope not but i fear it... .

I asked a while back and never got a response, so WHAT GAME BREAKING BUG? Are you talking about Nightfall? That has nothing to do with the game, that was a figure problem.
---
Hahahahaha
#84 Posted: 23:21:17 27/09/2015

then a game breaking bug was revealed, and the game needed patching to get the figurines to work in the game.. also the bug/glitch tracking thread here on the forum is just getting bigger for everyday. this supercharger game is a serious drop in quality, and its clearly worse than trap team. i see many of the superchargers figurines i want to buy, but what is the point?.. the game depended on patches to work as intended. patches will be gone sometime down the line and since i cant back up the patches for the keep. its just not worth using the money on this i feel.. if not tfb are able to do it right with skylanders6 i fear its all over, i hope not but i fear it... .

I asked a while back and never got a response, so WHAT GAME BREAKING BUG? Are you talking about Nightfall? That has nothing to do with the game, that was a figure problem.

i read that they needed to patch the game to get nightfall to work and thats why patch 1.2.1 was released..
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#85 Posted: 23:22:56 27/09/2015

i read that they needed to patch the game to get nightfall to work and thats why patch 1.2.1 was released..

That was just a temporary thing for the people who bought her. The figures are being recalled.
---
Hahahahaha
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#86 Posted: 23:37:23 27/09/2015
We all know what happened with you and Trap Team last year, MoneyBone. You supposedly had a friend give you the starter pack for a couple of bucks, and so you got the game for yourself, having a deal you couldn't resist. Why even stick around if you're just going to spread negativity about the game? I mean, I respect criticism, and if there are problems with the game, people should know. But constantly saying that you aren't getting the game, and feel that the series is at its last breaths? Why even stick around? Also, about the patches, you realize that, oh like everything else, nothing is permanent. Of course the patch will eventually not be able to be downloaded, but by that time Superchargers will be long dead. And even if we did still play the game at that time, you would most likely have to play on a system that is no longer being updated. IE: the Wii of the next generation.

Anyway, GameMaster, I can see why you don't like Superchargers. But if you look at the big picture for Skylanders, a lot of it is the same in the game. Aside from special level gimmicks and designs, you're just seeing the same mechanics used over again. Even in Swap-Force. Take the Climb Challenges for example. The point there is to reach the top of the wall. Simple? Yes. Repetitive? Oh yes. Sure, in the last TRUE level of Swap-Force (Kaos' factory, can't remember the name...) I noticed a big difference with the slime blobs, and in Rampant Ruins I noticed the missiles being launched. Was it a different experience? Sort of. I honestly felt like it was just the same thing with a few new hazards mixed in.

The racing gimmick (at least from what I've seen, I haven't played yet) looks unique, and in my opinion will be about as repetitive as the rest of the Skylanders series. Swap-Force in my opinion was the worst game in plot and story. And the levels were agonizingly long, and it was really difficult to keep my patience for the Time and Score mode challenges. But I loved the arenas, and I would have liked it if they returned in Superchargers. If I was to paly Swap-Force again, it would be the Arenas.

The point is, I respect your opinion, everyone is entitled to one. And just as you are, I don't like how Magic Items are now nothing more than decorations. Even if I didn't use them all that much, they were nice to have. But we should get used to games that rely on a gimmick. They are really what makes the game unique. What would Swap-Force be without the Swap-Force? Or Trap Team without the Villains? We might not choose to have the gimmick, but we respect it, and we still buy the series so that we can try out the next big thing of Skylanders. Sure, some will rate down lower, and some will be the best. No one game can appeal to everybody. Yours now is Superchargers, with the racing mechanic. I like Mario Kart, so I think I myself will like it.

Just to make it clear, I don't want to try and change what you think about the game. I haven't even played it yet. So, while I don't have a dead set opinion, I like to pitch in what I can. And please, don't feel offended.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
#87 Posted: 23:38:26 27/09/2015

That was just a temporary thing for the people who bought her. The figures are being recalled.

a temporary thing?... they dont do a patch temporary, patches cost money to release. when you need to a patch the game, then it is broken.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#88 Posted: 23:41:43 27/09/2015

a temporary thing?... they dont do a patch temporary, patches cost money to release. when you need to a patch the game, then it is broken.

Again it was a problem with the figure, they only patched it because some had the broken version.

Also even if it was the game, not everything ca be perfect with it all the time.
---
Hahahahaha
#89 Posted: 23:42:36 27/09/2015
my only issue with the fussing is that people complain about having to use vehicles in a vehicle version of the game. I know every year people say "this is the worst one yet and im done with the series and this will be the last year skylanders is around". We all knew after swap force that each gimmick will basically do nothing the next year, i think the main reason is bc they switch between devs. If they were to use giants, swaps, trap and chargers all in the next game some way it would turn off people new to the series as they would need characters from every series....this has been said since swap force i think. PLUS, with these karts maybe......just maybe, if we all pray to Eon VV will make future racing games for us or at least one more. I will always love skylanders, not blindly, but i do enjoy the games every year, if it's not one i'm a super fan of i just dont buy a ton of figures. This year im doinf 2 of each vehicle type and calling it quits because i know next year they will do nothing. It would be cool if they added speed, armor or attack and changed the in game look of your characters next year based on vehicle. Plus I feel like a lot of the figures this year have nice designs, some of the vehicles could have been better though lol
---
temperedreason Yellow Sparx Gems: 1351
#90 Posted: 23:50:02 27/09/2015
What surprises me most is the dramatic variations I see with regard to opinions on Skylanders games from members on this forum. Everyone truly feels and thinks something different. That should tell us something about the Skylanders games right there. This franchise has reinvented itself successfully each time. I'm sure there is at least somebody who feels every single entry is the best in the series among us here.

I, for one, have LOVED Superchargers. There is a certain polish to VV games. I don't know.

VV should just release a free-to-play download-only spin-off that is JUST single, co-op and multiplayer battle arenas and I would be fine with that.

Let me be the outlier and say this though:

I miss the adventure 3DS entry this time around. I have loved the extra adventure the 3DS versions have consistently delivered. They may end up being the forgotten Skylander games, but greatly underrated IMO.
Hawksey128 Blue Sparx Gems: 994
#91 Posted: 23:53:16 27/09/2015
I'm starting to think a TFB member reviewed it.
---
I'm going to tell you right now.
BUY smilie
EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH THIS IS A POINTLESS EDITION TO A SIGNATURE I DUNNO
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#92 Posted: 00:09:34 28/09/2015
Quote:
having to buy waaaaay too many starter packs to collect all of the figures.

Do you actually buy all the starter packs to get the variants? It's usually easy to get the starter pack figures secondhand if you need to complete a collection. As far as I'm concerned, they can make every character come in ten colors. If you feel compelled to buy them all, that's really your issue. The game can be completed with the contents of one starter pack. You can even do the air and water vehicle segments by joining a co-op game online, without buying a vehicle yourself.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:10:07 28/09/2015 by Friendzie
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#93 Posted: 00:50:59 28/09/2015
There seems to be a decent amount of content from what I have seen, but the long term value is in the racing online. If racing isn't your thing, it will probably disappoint you. If you see the racing as something to simply reach a goal, then it probably won't suit you. Much like if you just play Mario Kart 8 to "complete" each circuit as the goal of the game then it will not likely be your thing. Race tracks aren't just levels, they are playgrounds meant to master and find the best way to compete and shave seconds off your time.

But, if racing online and competition is your thing, it will have lots to entertain. It is not unlike a sports game. No one buys Madden to just win the Super Bowl in single player. The long term fun isn't in constantly doing new things, it is in the racing competition itself.
#94 Posted: 00:54:07 28/09/2015
I just wish online racing wasn't just for regular racing mode.

With those other modes in racing mode, you'd think they'd add an online mode for all of them.
---
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#95 Posted: 01:00:10 28/09/2015
Quote: Drawdler
Re, PVP- It was never balanced, just let players use Elites freely there. If it's a big issue maybe add an option on wether they can be used online, but I'd rather have them on without an option like that because they're still figures you can use and it wouldn't stop any Bumble Blasts, S3 Gills or Star Strikes anyway.

And Bashes and choppers.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#96 Posted: 02:37:39 28/09/2015
If we could get Swap Force with support for SuperChargers and TT characters...
Ten out of Ten no doubt that was the most enjoyable game from both a collectors stand point and pre-game hype standpoint
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
icecube7731 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1298
#97 Posted: 04:53:48 28/09/2015
The problem with the VV games is that both games are about full on repetition. When I first started SSF I was so amazed by the extras, the feel and the movement, but then when I realized I had to play the same levels over and over it got a little washed out. This game is doing the same with the racing, I mean I am a fan of Mario Kart but having to do the same race courses around 6/7 times is ridiculous. The racing in the game is actually less repetitive to me and is a nice break from the standard walk around breaking boxes with the occasional kill minions. I am still enjoying this game at the moment but I know I will get burnt out by the end after redoing so much for all the different stars. In Trap Team I couldn't wait to do everything and it was the only game since SSA that I couldn't put down and maxed out everything. That is of course because the things I had to do to max out had nothing to do with replaying the same levels over and over, because of the arenas, and the Kaos Challenges. The games SHOULD be built on many different additions such as, adventure packs, extra levels, arenas, challenges, etc... Those are the things that make the game more lengthy and enjoyable not just telling me to replay the same level again for time, points, or backwards. While SSF did have some extras their time and point replays were a waste and didn't make the game longer just more boring, and this game is going to do the same thing with their racing.
---
37skylanders bsmilie rsmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
28skylanders + minis(no smilie)
SSF: All minus dark STT: All standard
samuraituretsky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#98 Posted: 05:33:35 28/09/2015
People are fussing about having to use vehicles in a game centered around vehicles because this game is the 5th in a series of games that had nothing to do with vehicles.

And those of us who are fans of Skylanders but are disappointed by Superchargers are allowed to post our opinions here. No apologies to those who don't care for the bad vibes.

All I really needed to enjoy this game were similar arenas to the last two games, but they're gone, and all the cars and racing makes me not even recognize what Skylanders has become. It's silly.

But don't you guys worry, I will be gone soon. At least until stuff starts getting announced for the next game. Just here now because I'm pissed off that my faith in Skylanders was misplaced when I bought this latest game. Here's to hoping TfB rights the ship next year.

Quote: zookinator
... What would Swap-Force be without the Swap-Force? Or Trap Team without the Villains? We might not choose to have the gimmick, but we respect it, and we still buy the series so that we can try out the next big thing of Skylanders. Sure, some will rate down lower, and some will be the best. No one game can appeal to everybody. Yours now is Superchargers, with the racing mechanic. I like Mario Kart, so I think I myself will like it.

I respect the way you worded your post. And this point is key. This gimmick is the first one that deviates from the core gameplay this much. All other gimmicks were still characters running around using attacks to fight enemies. Minus the Swap Zones, but Swap Zones were skippable (and believe me, I skipped the heck out them all that I could - that stuff was so silly and boring, on par with the stupid cannon-shooting mini game that Skylanders will seemingly never let go of). But you're right, with this new flavor of gimmick, people are either going to love it or hate it, and I hate it. It was a dangerous move to make a gimmick that deviates so much from what made the game popular.

Better innovations would have stayed focused on the same gameplay, such as Traps like last year, more and better arenas, online in arenas and PvP, more open world stuff, level-builders / creative tools, etc. etc. Things that could still stick to the core gameplay once the action starts. Racing can be had in games like Mario Kart. Or Skylanders Racing could have been a separate game from the series release. All in all, I'm just not a fan of what they did this year, but I love the previous four games. I really thought this game would still have things I'd enjoy. If I had known arenas were gone, I wouldn't have bought it. That's partly my bad though... I should have done more research.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 06:12:28 28/09/2015 by samuraituretsky
#99 Posted: 11:18:31 28/09/2015
@samuraituretsky: I feel more or less the same way.
---
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me