Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
6/10 from GameInformer
Operationgamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1289
#1 Posted: 17:30:01 26/09/2015 | Topic Creator
So, GameInformer gave the game a 6/10 saying, "In the face of stiff toys-to-life competition, Vicarious Visions and Activision took a chance on a different style of play for this annual series, and it didn’t pay off. Here’s hoping the series gets back to the basics, or finds a fun new way to put the characters' personalities and talents front and center and not hidden behind a vehicle’s hull." http://www.gameinformer.com/ga...ro-trouble.aspx
I don't know if I should be surprised to be honest. From what I've heard, they seem to have been feeling biased toward anything that isn't a first-person shooter or from Nintendo. What do you think?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 17:45:53 26/09/2015
The GameInformer reivew was so horribly biased the most extreme TFB fan here could probably call it exaggerated. They literally say TT has more content than this - better or not,it doesn't matter, in quantity this has more, and I don't think they even bring up the story because OMG IT'S ABOUT VEHICLES.

The reivewer also has a crazy amount of hate at the game asking him to use a vehicle.At any point. He probably deducted 0.5 for every time the game suggested him to in the first level.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:47:05 26/09/2015 by Bifrost
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#3 Posted: 17:47:17 26/09/2015
I've never trusted them for reviews, I've put my faith in them before by buying a game that they gave a good review, it was horrible. I tried a game that they gave a low score, I loved it. It's just a matter of opinion.
FaboulousFab Yellow Sparx Gems: 1247
#4 Posted: 17:56:18 26/09/2015
Personnaly, i got the game and it's far from what they wrote.
And all the tests i've read are very positives, especially french ones.
I think we can laught at them smilie, get this game!!
---
Marge: But I thought broccoli was...
Dr. Hibbert: Oh yes. One of the deadliest plants on earth. It tries to warn you itself with its terrible taste.
AzarianGO Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#5 Posted: 18:05:56 26/09/2015
TT has more content?

Excuse me a moment.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAahaha....
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

As for dissing the racing mechanics? Racing is a genre I know well, SuperChargers racing sections are nice and solid, and (personal bias ahoy) personally I prefer it over Mario Kart, for various reasons. The racing segments are honestly more fun than the main segments. I mean come on, i've been doing that for 4 games now, racing is a very nice change of pace.
---
228 figures, 26 traps, 24 magic items, 480 games, 19 consoles.... I have a habit.
#6 Posted: 18:09:33 26/09/2015
Dissing the racing mechanic isn't the problem,the problem is dissing the ENTIRE GAME because it has it. It's like the IGN reviewer that has hate for Sonic games with other characters playable... When it's sometimes the entire point of the co-op in Rise of Lyric's case(which doesn't excuse it out of a bad game,but other characters is DEFINATELY not its problem).

That's a big problem with overly biased reviews. Of course,none will ever be totally unbiased and entertaning at the same time,but usually you have to hold the game's standards up to what it's trying to be,not what YOU want it to be.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:10:45 26/09/2015 by Bifrost
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#7 Posted: 18:16:56 26/09/2015
I would have agreed with this guy, on my first run
However the vehicle sections get stronger upon multiple replays and, are skippable through this games new Chapter/Checkpoint system.
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#8 Posted: 18:23:14 26/09/2015
I like STT WAY more than SSC but even I can admit SCC has more content.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#9 Posted: 18:45:46 26/09/2015
Game Informer is best used to look at the pictures when you go sit on the can - that's what it is for in my house. The editorial content is extremely high level and the reviews are schizophrenic. It's like they throw out a bad review for a popular, otherwise highly reviewed game every once in a while just to prove their "street cred". The rest of the time they put luster on otherwise turds of games. More than likely the reviewer didn't spend much time with it or wasn't a fan in the past. Gone are the days when a print gaming magazine could afford high quality writers and time to dedicate towards the games. Game Informer really only exists anymore because Gamestop is propping them up.

Besides, the scoring is silly anyways, not everyone likes every type of game. Reviews are a single person's opinion, and good to get the general gist of where there are issues or nice features, not as a definitive resource on whether to buy or not.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#10 Posted: 19:48:34 26/09/2015
I have to agree with GI on this one.

The game has fun parts, don't get me wrong, but I hated, absolutely hated how there were land segments in all but one level. What's worse is that outside of one instance, ALL Sky, Sea and Land segments all played the same.

It made the game very repetitive.

All extra modes are tied to vehicles for the most part.

VV is better than this. They made the greatest Slylanders game of all, Swap Force. That game had a metric ton of content to it. Adventure Packs, long levels, time attack, score attack, Swap Force zones, elemental gates, dual elemental gates, bonus missions, survival arenas, and team survival.

It did so many things right and then SSC comes out and all content feels the same or repetitive.

There came a time in Superchargers that I started skipping stars, because I knew they would all play the same. I just know they could have made different ways to use vehicles.

This is the weakest entry in my eyes, due to all content feeling the same. Heck, Trap Team was better than this game, and that's saying something cause Swap Force was better than TT, SG, and SSA by a long shot.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#11 Posted: 20:30:50 26/09/2015
I won't even try to argue about the fact you agreed on a review where a negative point is that the game asks you to use a gimmick. They seriously used that as an argument. Would you complain that the game asks you to use a Giant in feats of strength or a Swapper in swap zones?

I'm not saying you're not allowed to dislike the game;your reasons are valid and you present the arguments well. I'm saying that even if you share the side with the crazy guy saying that TFB making next game is a positive(it's like saying a game will be good because it's getting a sequel???), saying you have the SAME opinions is silly.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:48:41 26/09/2015 by Bifrost
#12 Posted: 20:48:39 26/09/2015
There's a difference.

In Giants and Swap Force the gimmicks weren't shoved down your throat to the point of being repetitive.

Here, let me brief everyone on how the levels work on this game. Safety spoilers for the resident sensitive.

All but 1 level goes like this.

Small walking segment, drive a car down a long path or a circular area, small walking segment, drive a car, fin.

The ONLY times Superchargers is cool is when they finally exercise their imaginations by having you be a magnet or walk upside down or against walls. Then there's two levels where you're not forced to drive a car and they're super small levels.

The ONLY time they use a vehicle in a manner different from anything else is when you use a Sky vehicle to do a zone like it's an old school top/down shooter and that only happens ONCE.

Look, I'm the resident Skylander nut. I owned 4 of every Skylander and accomplished many feats as a Skylander fan, so I know no bias, but that doesn't mean I'm going to blindly defend the flaws of a Skylander game when I see apparent flaws and repetitiveness. The Skylander defense force might, but not me.

Again, I got to levels where in started skipping Sea and Sky stars because I knew they would either be long corridors of driving/flying or circular areas, or undersea 2D areas. VV could have done better with each vehicle segment, even the land segment that's crammed down your throat and boring as crap.

So yeah, gimmicks are fine when they're optional. But if you're going to do a gimmick, and force it on you to go from point A to B, don't have only TWO styles of play when there are 13 missions worth of driving the same two ways. That's called repetitiveness.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:50:32 26/09/2015 by GameMaster78
#13 Posted: 20:50:14 26/09/2015
Whoops,edited my comment just as you posted yours. Put another thing there because I sounded like I was defending SC.

The guy doesn't even talk about how they force,his quote is along the lines of 'every time they say 'you need to have an X vehicle on this challenge' I dislike the game more'. Yes, it might be forced as you say,but he drives it out of proportion. He might be right on the game being bad, idk, but he presents it in the silliest and TFB fanboyiest way possible that you can't take it seriously.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:51:40 26/09/2015 by Bifrost
#14 Posted: 21:00:47 26/09/2015
VV made the greatest, longest, Skylander game with the most amount of content and above all, variety. There's no reason to pull what they pulled with Superchargers.

All vehicles play the same in their zones. Except for the instance I mentioned above with the top/down shooter and that only happened once.

Any extra content is tied to playing in zones that play the same as the zones in the campaign.

VV made each swap zone feel different and each zone felt different in it's own way. And even if people didn't want to partake in them, they didn't have to, but for those who did, that was 8 different ways to play Swap Force.

The only thing VV did right with this game was the reward for rank 74, and I hope all future games allow you to do that, and the fact they let your Skylanders benefit from 35 speed without the need for a hat. I hate Skylanders that move too slow. Now they all feel fast. Each game needs to have as much variety as Swap Force, keep Adventure Packs, cause as of now I'm done with this game. No new level to try out down the line, bring back cool modes like bonus missions and score/time attack, and bring in a gimmick that doesn't only play 1 or 2 ways.
---
#15 Posted: 21:02:13 26/09/2015
I'm not arguing with length or variant gameplay. I'll keep on that my point is that the reviewer guy makes a big deal about how this isn't Trap Team and that should not be a reason to give it a low score, instead should've been the game's own standards.
---
Gentleman Brawl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1050
#16 Posted: 21:06:39 26/09/2015
Well I can see how Vehicles can ruin it for some but it's still a good Skylanders game.

Not the best in my opinion but still good.
---
Fancy Skylanders are stronger in this zone.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:14:33 26/09/2015 by Gentleman Brawl
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#17 Posted: 21:09:04 26/09/2015
It's just a matter of opinion. I absolutely love the game, I can't put the controller down. Sure is has miminal faults but nothing significant - everything that I've ever wanted from a skylanders game has made its way into this entry.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#18 Posted: 21:36:08 26/09/2015
To each their own. In today's world it is hard to compete on content with games like Metal Gear Solid 5, Dragon Age Inquisition and Witcher 3 being out there. Trap Team felt a little light, and Kaos Tower really wasn't a great way to extend life. Swap Force was indeed great on this, but the long levels had a downfall - you couldn't pick up and play a quick level or two. If you aren't big on racing, Superchargers is going to feel light, the replay is in the online racing. Think of it this way, Mario Kart 8 (a great game in its own right) has JUST the racing and people love it.
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#19 Posted: 21:49:19 26/09/2015
game informer is wrong. 11/10.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#20 Posted: 22:20:29 26/09/2015
To be honest, compared to other review sites, Game Informer is the oddball. 6/10 compared to 8/10 as an average really makes it unusual. Besides, I can see that it is indeed heavily biased.

Anyway, I am personally looking forward to Superchargers, as I feel that Skylanders really needs to have different varieties of gameplay in order to stand a chance against Dimensions and Infinity. The vehicles look and move fantastically, and from the figurines I currently have, I know that they will be fun additions. Just my 2 cents.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
samuraituretsky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#21 Posted: 22:25:51 26/09/2015
Got to agree with GameInformer and GameMaster78 here. It's pretty disappointing to me. 6/10 sounds about right.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#22 Posted: 22:34:06 26/09/2015
In our opinion, this game isn't a good turn for the SkyLanders franchise. Agree w/ 6/10.
Our Gripes:
the gimmick this year, vehicles, wooo yaaay (sarcasm).
having to buy waaaaay too many starter packs to collect all of the figures.
the starter packs not getting any stickers.
all figures and vehicles not getting any cards.
all figures not working on all platforms.
the traps getting downgraded.
the magic items getting downgraded.
many other little nuisances.
smilie
hopefully the next game can get the SkyLanders franchise back on track.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#23 Posted: 22:49:57 26/09/2015
I'm not agreeing at all with GI.

The problem with them is that they don't seem to like CHANGE. seeing as though they gave AC:HHD (an animal crossing spinoff where you build houses) a 5 and the destiny "sequel" i thought was just dlc when it was announced (because it was so similar) a freakin' 9.75.

I personally think that the vehicles and their gameplay are unique. the land ones are my favorites, but i'll still do the occasional sea and sky course and pick up the cooler looking sea and sky vehicles. (sea shadow, dive bomber, sky slicer, jet stream, stealth stinger, and so many more i won't name)

Sure, it's annoying when you drive into an arena you would've totally preferred to wreck with your skylander, but it's not annoying enough to the point where it's the "worst in the series" (spoiler alert- it's not the worst.)

Sure, come skylanders 6 these vehicles will probably be like traps and be reduced to skystones, but at least they're rolling, cool, detailed toys rather than pointy colored plastic.
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#24 Posted: 23:10:25 26/09/2015
I can't take someone's opinion seriously who says all the vehicle portions play the same. Even the race tracks feel different for all three vehicle types. They definitely don't play the same, and that's just nonsense spewing forth.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
#25 Posted: 23:21:33 26/09/2015
The vehicles weren't the problem with this game
I personally am loving them

The rediculous amount of filler in this game is the worst issue

-The Bandit Train is just puzzles and platforming and frustrating darkened room combat
-The Titan level is just 3 consecutive boss battles
-The Derby and Battle Brawl is just mini-levels
-The Spell Punk Library lacks 3D combat (A good level, but still feels like filler)
-The Vault of the Ancients magnet gimmick breaks the flow of the level

So in the end
-Rift Into Skylands
-Cloudbreather Crag
-Cloud Kingdom
-Land of the Undead
-Gadfly Glades
-The Final Level
-Cap'N Clucks Chicken HQ
-The Spell Punk Library (To an extent)

Are the only real levels
I still love the game, Just find the lack of content (The 5 wastes of levels) sad
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:28:20 26/09/2015 by Blink182Bouncer
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#26 Posted: 23:25:00 26/09/2015
Quote: Bifrost
The GameInformer reivew was so horribly biased the most extreme TFB fan here could probably call it exaggerated. They literally say TT has more content than this - better or not,it doesn't matter, in quantity this has more, and I don't think they even bring up the story because OMG IT'S ABOUT VEHICLES.

The reivewer also has a crazy amount of hate at the game asking him to use a vehicle.At any point. He probably deducted 0.5 for every time the game suggested him to in the first level.

*cracks up laughing*
SAID NO ONE EVER
What made tt bad was not enough content
But at the end of the day everyone has different opinions.
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#27 Posted: 23:42:03 26/09/2015
GameMaster78 I disagree. SSF is the worst game in the series. I still think it's a good game and I see why it's the fan favorite game. I just think VV games are bad in comparison to TFB games. I respect your opinion and I agree all 5 of the games are great.
FaboulousFab Yellow Sparx Gems: 1247
#28 Posted: 23:48:45 26/09/2015
Well, i don't really get some arguments, ok some players may not enjoy racing games,
but it's appreciated by a lot of players, maybe the majority in fact, just look on mario kart's sales for ex.
It was rumored and waited before the announce of trap team,
and thanks to this gameplay, we finally got an online option!

I don't see (unless you are a real hardcore collector) why you need to buy several starter pack, in some weeks all the missing figs will be found
on second hand market or on discount, it's always like that from the begining.

I was surprised they included free digital figs (1 supercharger and land vehicule).
And for the amiibo not working on non-nintendo system, well it's the concept of amiibos,
i guess it was in the negociations with intendo to have them. (no donkey on sony)

Not getting cards or stickers seems quite peanuts for me or I miss they had a real utility?
I kept mines in a box and it just takes room.
I appreciate they had the guts to do something very different.
It's not fifa 201X, we are not doomed to always doing same things, I can replay the other game for that smilie
I also like the aleatory aspect they give to the loots, it's less linear.

I only feel sad not seeing arenas or battles options, too bad they didn't include them.
---
Marge: But I thought broccoli was...
Dr. Hibbert: Oh yes. One of the deadliest plants on earth. It tries to warn you itself with its terrible taste.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#29 Posted: 23:49:44 26/09/2015
Given that the positive reviews are probably equally extreme, I'm happy someone broke the ranks. There are some very different things in here that won't please every fan. I warned that vehicles take away our ability to concentrate on the TRUE GEMS in the game...the Skylanders themselves. Batman suffered the same fate I'm afraid.

That being said...taking chances is what they have to do at this point--but I think it's clear that it should never overshadow the utility of our investment--the skylanders themselves. I've always said they need to find unique utility for the figures we have...kinda like jump--but make it a game specific mechanic.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:51:57 26/09/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#30 Posted: 23:56:18 26/09/2015
Quote: GigaCamo
GameMaster78 I disagree. SSF is the worst game in the series. I still think it's a good game and I see why it's the fan favorite game. I just think VV games are bad in comparison to TFB games. I respect your opinion and I agree all 5 of the games are great.

I agree with this as well. But I think I might be putting this one under Swap Force as far as my personal ranking. Trap Team was the best imo. I don't care if it had less story content. The arenas and KDC were the best parts. KDC was the kind of thing this series needs more of. Traps were an amazing gimmick that could have been used more (and better). Vehicles and, more specifically, racing are going too far off base.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:17:13 27/09/2015 by samuraituretsky
#31 Posted: 23:59:37 26/09/2015
Swap Force was maybe a bit "anal retentive" on all of the specific things you needed but I peronsally liked it. They've slacked off in this game and it's both good and bad. Swap Force and SuperChargers are similar efforts once you count all the good and bad. Both are better than either of TfB's previous efforts.
#32 Posted: 00:02:57 27/09/2015
All three TfB games have been much better than either VV game.
---
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#33 Posted: 00:05:21 27/09/2015

Agree.But personally SC is better than STT.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#34 Posted: 00:23:15 27/09/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Given that the positive reviews are probably equally extreme, I'm happy someone broke the ranks. There are some very different things in here that won't please every fan. I warned that vehicles take away our ability to concentrate on the TRUE GEMS in the game...the Skylanders themselves. Batman suffered the same fate I'm afraid.

That being said...taking chances is what they have to do at this point--but I think it's clear that it should never overshadow the utility of our investment--the skylanders themselves. I've always said they need to find unique utility for the figures we have...kinda like jump--but make it a game specific mechanic.

Quote: samuraituretsky

I agree with this as well. But I think I might be putting this one under Swap Force as far as my personal ranking. Trap Team was the best imo. I don't care if it had less story content. The arenas and KDC were the best parts. KDC was the kind of thing this series needs more of. Traps were an amazing gimmick that could have been used more (and better). Vehicles are going too far off base.

Agree that the vehicles have taken a bigger share than they should of the game (IMO). I'm not saying vehicles should have never been implemented, but rather, being throw in with a less important role, or at least on a not compulsory way, so everyone (the ones that like them and the ones that don't)could have been happy. Is a pity, as well, that the main modes outside the story are so much focused on vehicles, I miss a bit the arenas ( I also miss the PvP since SSF).Again, adding both vehicles and on foot modes outside the story would have made everyone happy. ( I know, I know, resources are limited, sometimes you have to make choices)

I also think the villains and traps thing had so much potential, however it seems that they have ot completely forgotten about it as some villains are playable (in a certain way) this time around.

On the other hand the game has made some things good: incredible graphics and online functions.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#35 Posted: 00:27:19 27/09/2015
Well, I saw this coming when Trap Team was announced. Frankly they can't squeeze it all of these gimmicks into the game. I see lots of potential unfulfilled in every game. I wonder if they should get 3 years and get another dev in on the act, personally. I'm tired of spending the money and always good and maybe great but never 5 star AWESOME BOOM TIME.

By the way, would you buy the next TfB game if it didn't have online? I wonder if they can even pull it off.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:28:58 27/09/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#36 Posted: 00:32:12 27/09/2015
Well, I saw this coming when Trap Team was announced. Frankly they can't squeeze it all of these gimmicks into the game. I see lots of potential unfulfilled in every game. I wonder if they should get 3 years and get another dev in on the act, personally. I'm tired of spending the money and always good and maybe great but never 5 star AWESOME BOOM TIME.

By the way, would you buy the next TfB game if it didn't have online? I wonder if they can even pull it off.

I agree with that. And no, none of the next games can backtrack on the online thing. I'm glad they did it finally, but I was most looking forward to online co-op arena and leaderboards. I guess I should have done more research. I probably would have bought the game anyway because I'm a big fan of the series, but still, just did not expect to be this disappointed in a Skylanders game.

The graphics, the UI, the online features... all awesome. It's a combination of other things that have soured Superchargers for me.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:33:53 27/09/2015 by samuraituretsky
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#37 Posted: 00:35:12 27/09/2015
Frankly, I hope the online stays. This was one of the things I was missing most in the other games. It would be great if they add online PvP as well, both as 1player vs 1player and 2-4 players vs 2-4 players.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#38 Posted: 00:37:06 27/09/2015
Quote: angelg
Frankly, I hope the online stays. This was one of the things I was missing most in the other games. It would be great if they add online PvP as well, both as 1player vs 1player and 2-4 players vs 2-4 players.

Yes! That would be amazing. And online co-op arenas, KDC, and leaderboards.
---
#39 Posted: 00:41:00 27/09/2015
Quote: GameMaster78
VV made the greatest, longest, Skylander game with the most amount of content and above all, variety. There's no reason to pull what they pulled with Superchargers.

All vehicles play the same in their zones. Except for the instance I mentioned above with the top/down shooter and that only happened once.

Any extra content is tied to playing in zones that play the same as the zones in the campaign.

VV made each swap zone feel different and each zone felt different in it's own way. And even if people didn't want to partake in them, they didn't have to, but for those who did, that was 8 different ways to play Swap Force.

The only thing VV did right with this game was the reward for rank 74, and I hope all future games allow you to do that, and the fact they let your Skylanders benefit from 35 speed without the need for a hat. I hate Skylanders that move too slow. Now they all feel fast. Each game needs to have as much variety as Swap Force, keep Adventure Packs, cause as of now I'm done with this game. No new level to try out down the line, bring back cool modes like bonus missions and score/time attack, and bring in a gimmick that doesn't only play 1 or 2 ways.

I can definitely understand the critique here. The vehicles do play different, but the content they all share is the same and the difference in the handling on the vehicle makes little difference in story mode...I'd argue racing is the only time it will matter. I too was hoping for the depth of variety of Swap Force...so between limiting vehicles and limiting variety I can understand it a bit. But---they also have fewer characters. I'd argue online might have also soaked a lot of dev time from the game itself.

So....still online with this kind of content, kill online and concentrate on content, or they need a way to make it both work? I'd argue for later, the arena has them having to earn our dollars now, and they need to bring the A+ game, not a C effort.

And hey, I can laugh with the best of them, why doesn't TfB make a level called "The Languishing Land of Developers" in which a moronic magic element developer is trying to enslave you to code their game for a stressful timed release? (Since they can see fit to make fun of collectors). They can use radar based developer sense to detect your presence and take you back to a chained desk with a computer where you have to code a story element to get out. Or "The Support Stranglehold" where tech element "Landline Dwellers" have to hang up on angry support calls for glitched games.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 00:46:39 27/09/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#40 Posted: 01:07:43 27/09/2015
I'm gonna say this
Trap Team would've been okay if the graphics and combat were as good as Swap Force
The TT fights made the game very frustrating
And I'd take SuperChargers driving sequences over TT's shooting/canon sequences any day of the week
SuperChargers kind of feels like a blend of the two games
Now if VV could make their puzzles as fun as TFB...
Oh baby...
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:10:25 27/09/2015 by Blink182Bouncer
#41 Posted: 01:19:51 27/09/2015

And hey, I can laugh with the best of them, why doesn't TfB make a level called "The Languishing Land of Developers" in which a moronic magic element developer is trying to enslave you to code their game for a stressful timed release? (Since they can see fit to make fun of collectors). They can use radar based developer sense to detect your presence and take you back to a chained desk with a computer where you have to code a story element to get out. Or "The Support Stranglehold" where tech element "Landline Dwellers" have to hang up on angry support calls for glitched games.

That reminds me of The Magic Circle, which is an indie game about a character and you trying to sabotage a developer that's been so full of himself he left the game('s several iterations) in development hell for years.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#42 Posted: 01:35:15 27/09/2015
I'm sure they could find another developer whose equally creative as VV and TfB, so they each could get a three year cycle. Perhaps we could throw a bone at Beenox and they chew out?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#43 Posted: 01:39:17 27/09/2015
Beenox hasn't been doing much to prove its worth in my opinion,to be honest. Cool,an online mode, but you have to quit the entire game to change terrains.Cool,two spinoff ports, graphics of a 3DS for both. Let's not even START with their QA messups, even if this game wasn't as glitchy as TT we still got the Nightfall issue.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#44 Posted: 01:44:02 27/09/2015
Good points. Is there any activision owned game studio they could consider? N-space is all I can come up with.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Popfizzy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1754
#45 Posted: 02:26:12 27/09/2015
To the dumb reviews who think Skylanders is boring I give them 7.8: Too Much Hate
---
Gimme your money, give us all your money. -Activision
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#46 Posted: 02:36:59 27/09/2015
Quote: Blink182Bouncer
The vehicles weren't the problem with this game
I personally am loving them

The rediculous amount of filler in this game is the worst issue

-The Bandit Train is just puzzles and platforming and frustrating darkened room combat
-The Titan level is just 3 consecutive boss battles
-The Derby and Battle Brawl is just mini-levels
-The Spell Punk Library lacks 3D combat (A good level, but still feels like filler)
-The Vault of the Ancients magnet gimmick breaks the flow of the level

So in the end
-Rift Into Skylands
-Cloudbreather Crag
-Cloud Kingdom
-Land of the Undead
-Gadfly Glades
-The Final Level
-Cap'N Clucks Chicken HQ
-The Spell Punk Library (To an extent)

Are the only real levels
I still love the game, Just find the lack of content (The 5 wastes of levels) sad

It's funny. Folks complain about "lack of variety" and then you smash all the variety in play durin story as "crap filler".
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#47 Posted: 02:39:01 27/09/2015
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

I watch as this forum slowly devolves into a YouTube comment section.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#48 Posted: 03:08:24 27/09/2015
Quote: ZapNorris
and the destiny "sequel" i thought was just dlc when it was announced (because it was so similar)

Sorry to focus on just this part, it isn't a sequel, it's basically an expansion pack... that has much better content than the core game itself, in my personal opinion. One of the distribution options is that it's bundled with all of the older content and marketed as a new game in the "Legendary Edition", though.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#49 Posted: 03:30:34 27/09/2015
LD that is literaly the same game as all of the lego games and GI gives it a ....
8/10.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me