Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Wave 2 at TRU [CLOSED]
Spybomb Blue Sparx Gems: 636
#1 Posted: 19:02:04 25/09/2015 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

Happy hunting just got these at my local tru
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#2 Posted: 19:11:21 25/09/2015
Nice...first US sighting of the chase High Volt. With so few Superchargers figures, I assume we're going to see an insane amount of variants.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#3 Posted: 20:02:05 25/09/2015
My TRU didn't sell it to eBay sellers like you guys found out. I should have mine in the AM.
Spybomb Blue Sparx Gems: 636
#4 Posted: 20:09:44 25/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: TakeYourLemons
My TRU didn't sell it to eBay sellers like you guys found out. I should have mine in the AM.

How am I an eBay seller....I collect for myself. So the fact I walk into tru this afternoon and everything is out for sale makes me an ebay seller?
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#5 Posted: 21:00:39 25/09/2015
So glad I stopped collecting chase variants after giants. I sold all the ones I had. Such a waste of money and the value drops unless you unload it during the release of the game it's for. Even if he got it to resell you can't blame him. As long as their are idiots out there that will pay $200 for a skylander with a different set of paint?!?!?! Lol, more power to you. It's not the scalpers faults. It's the buyers. So if you're going to be mad at anyone be mad at the people wirh no patience or "gotta have em all" times 100 mentality. I gotta have all the core ones, but if I can't find it for retail then screw it.
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#6 Posted: 00:39:11 26/09/2015
I wonder why some stores have these and not others. My TRU has 3 aisles of Skylanders, a display in the front of the store, and another display in front of the video games. All the displays were full of Skylanders, with most of them being Superchargers, but they still don't have any wave 2. Do they just roll a dice to determine which locations get shipments first?
#7 Posted: 00:50:06 26/09/2015
Without an official release date it's going to be tough to find them unless they show up online. Every store I've been to has minimized their stock and their shelves are loaded with wave 1. Toys r is good about putting new ones up but it seems to me like people just aren't into this game or they just aren't in a hurry. It's died down a lot from previous releases. With wave 1 loading the shelves some stores might not even look for wave 2 or more stock until wave 1 sells better
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#8 Posted: 00:55:15 26/09/2015
Quote: DrillSarge
Without an official release date it's going to be tough to find them unless they show up online.

I got an email from TRU saying they are coming out tomorrow though, and multiple others have said something about it coming out tomorrow. I was also at my local TRU, and they said they had the boxes in the back, and they are street dated for tomorrow.
---
Dead
Elkkthunder Green Sparx Gems: 459
#9 Posted: 01:10:46 26/09/2015
Is variant 1 per case?
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#10 Posted: 02:34:34 26/09/2015
Quote: Elkkthunder
Is variant 1 per case?

I wish it was that common...
---
Dead
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#11 Posted: 02:39:33 26/09/2015
Quote: mega spyro
Quote: DrillSarge
Without an official release date it's going to be tough to find them unless they show up online.

I got an email from TRU saying they are coming out tomorrow though, and multiple others have said something about it coming out tomorrow. I was also at my local TRU, and they said they had the boxes in the back, and they are street dated for tomorrow.

Gah, so now I'm going to end up checking again tomorrow. Oh well, I guess it's fun to look.
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#12 Posted: 05:02:39 26/09/2015
I went to a Toys R Us today and they had quite a few boxes of wave 2. The boxes all had big bright orange stickers that read hold until 9/26. Stores that have already "put them out" either have workers that cannot read or workers that don't mind selling the product early to "friends." There is no possible way to miss this sticker. The box also had the standard, "Do not sell before 9/20 message," as well. I would check your local stores tomorrow, if you are interested in Wave 2.
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#13 Posted: 05:55:30 26/09/2015
MY TRU had them out but no variant.
I am waiting for BB to get them so I can use my Game Club Card.
The also had the regular Stealth Helicopter and Shark Tank by itself.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:56:53 26/09/2015 by dinoah2005
#14 Posted: 14:00:26 26/09/2015
Is nightfall not in this wave?
Concept Yellow Sparx Gems: 1073
#15 Posted: 14:01:42 26/09/2015
My TRU had them behind the counter still in the boxes with a note "Put these out 9/26." Oops. The nice employee opened all the boxes for me to check for variants, but they were all normal looking. She also looked up the Legendary Sky Racing Action Pack in their ordering system. It said October 1. The boxes of figures only contained Smash Hit and High Volt. No Nightfalls.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:02:32 26/09/2015 by Concept
KiDFass65 Gold Sparx Gems: 2922
#16 Posted: 14:14:09 26/09/2015
Mega Spyro. Could you post a copy of your email from TRU?
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#17 Posted: 14:36:38 26/09/2015
Quote: KiDFass65
Mega Spyro. Could you post a copy of your email from TRU?

Anyways, went to 2 tru looked thru boxes at one as they were unloading them, nadda on chase. or golden streak. I did get a regular high volt thou and smash hit.

Edit: Removed link per request, thou wave 2 HOT toy alert did come out smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:15:53 27/09/2015 by SlayerX11
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#18 Posted: 15:04:03 26/09/2015
My ToysRUs had tons of boxes; more characters than vehicles.

I did score a Copper/Gold High Volt, though!

[User Posted Image]
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Elkkthunder Green Sparx Gems: 459
#19 Posted: 15:27:59 26/09/2015
Hit one toysrus and no variant
Will try another later
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#20 Posted: 17:36:31 26/09/2015
Went to the TRU in the opposite direction (since OP got word to me that my regular TRU put them out yesterday and he snagged the variant (assuming it is unlikely that they got more than one variant *and* it'd still be on the shelf a day later). Second, crappier TRU that I usually avoid had no figures out. Asked a guy - he had no idea, so he radioed someone who said they were still looking for them. in "the box" (this is a very old-style TRU that still has a pick-up area at thr front for videogames and such that they call "the box"). So I said I'd head up there in case they find 'em. I head up there and I see a stack of six W2 boxes behind the counter. Eventually, a woman comes out from the back and says she guesses they didn't get them, as she can't find them anywhere. I point to the stack of boxes about 10 feet behind her "ummm I think those boxes are them." - She turns around, says "Maybe..." goes over, opens one up, then brings it to me and asks if these are the new ones. Yay! They had three boxes of characters and three boxes of vehicles. No chase variants. :(

Also had some Animal Crossing amiibo cards. Tried to buy 8 packs, but they had alimit of two per person. Ummm. 100 cards in the set and I get to buy 12? Thanks, guys. :p

Oh well, got my Skylanders. :D
pezskylander Gold Sparx Gems: 2496
#21 Posted: 21:38:19 26/09/2015
I went this morning and didn't realize they opened at 9. I got there at about 9:50 but was lucky enough to get the variant! I had only ever found a stone whirlwind before this year, but now I found a gold starter pack and a copper patina high volt!
#22 Posted: 22:31:31 26/09/2015
Thanks SlayerX11 for the link to TRUs hot toy alert. I was able to snag wave 2 as a result. TRU employee allowed me to open boxes. Found no variants.
#23 Posted: 03:47:14 27/09/2015
Quote: Matteomax
My ToysRUs had tons of boxes; more characters than vehicles.

I did score a Copper/Gold High Volt, though!

[User Posted Image]

Lucky!! I checked 4 tru and nadda..i really want him, i like the copper worn out look.

Quote: pezskylander
I went this morning and didn't realize they opened at 9. I got there at about 9:50 but was lucky enough to get the variant! I had only ever found a stone whirlwind before this year, but now I found a gold starter pack and a copper patina high volt!

This partly maybe why i missed out on a pos variant (then again they are always like hard to find) i forgot they open at 9am saturday unlike the rest of the time mostly at 10am
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:17:13 27/09/2015 by SlayerX11
#24 Posted: 11:38:43 27/09/2015
Quote: SlayerX11
Edit: Removed link per request, thou wave 2 HOT toy alert did come out :)

Who requested that you remove a link to a public TRU announcement?
That's super-lame.

*edit* - link removed by request. Not as lame as I thought. Weird.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:13:14 27/09/2015 by UncleBob
#25 Posted: 16:01:53 27/09/2015
Quote: Spybomb

How am I an eBay seller....I collect for myself. So the fact I walk into tru this afternoon and everything is out for sale makes me an ebay seller?

I'm sure it's both--wasn't directed at everyone. After hearing from defpally on how Amiibo buyers were ripping figures out of people's hands I just expect the worse. smilie

Just saying it's always a lot nicer to have a store that adheres to the dates, and buyers don't try to curb that. I was lucky enough that my store didn't do that so people that play by the rules get a chance. How would you feel if you got the alert, came in when they opened at 9am and found they've been wiped out?
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:06:16 27/09/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Concept Yellow Sparx Gems: 1073
#26 Posted: 16:52:27 27/09/2015
Last year early one morning, I saw 2 scalpers pitch a fit at a TRU that tried to enforce the longstanding 2-per-person policy, only because the store had refused to sell them the items on the previous night (before the release date). To avoid a scene, the manager capitulated and let them wipe out the store. That was around Christmas last year, when they had a very limited release of new figures. That store didn't recover its stock until almost February. I can't imagine how many kids didn't get Christmas presents last year because of these crazy obnoxious people. Luckily I haven't run into anyone trying to steal things from me at a store, but if someone did, I would have to get police involved. Stores have security cameras! Proof! And for the poor soul who was punched below the waist, I would have pressed charges for assault. A 9-year old can go to jail too, and it sounds like that one needed an intervention. There is no excuse for that behavior.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#27 Posted: 22:29:52 27/09/2015
I'm sure it's both--wasn't directed at everyone. After hearing from defpally on how Amiibo buyers were ripping figures out of people's hands I just expect the worse. smilie

Just saying it's always a lot nicer to have a store that adheres to the dates, and buyers don't try to curb that. I was lucky enough that my store didn't do that so people that play by the rules get a chance. How would you feel if you got the alert, came in when they opened at 9am and found they've been wiped out?

Well, interest on Skylanders seems to have bottomed out much quicker this year. There were a bunch of people at launch, but yesterday just three of us picking up Wave 2 - despite the email going out.

Yeah, that was at Target, as I mentioned TRU doesn't allow the mad dash. That wasn't helped by the assistant manager they had there that just let it happen and actually mocked the people that were getting pushed over and having figures ripped out of their hands. I expect some people to be like that, it's up to the stores to enforce order. Target failed, and if the manager that came to TRU and apologized to the people after for how it was handled is right, that assistant manager is no longer an employee. I'm glad I wasn't there - I saw the line and said "Nope".

At TRU, if there is a release for something big (like a new Amiibo wave), the line starts at the exit door, and people are let in in single file, one of each per person and all new figures are behind the counter until everyone is served. It works better that way. The one kid on Amiibo day that tried to break in line to the front ran into a wall of disappointment.
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#28 Posted: 00:54:15 28/09/2015
Thanks for the heads up. Could not find the Petina High Volt which was my major want, but I did find a Golden Hot Streak. Grabbed the Shark Tank too since you get a free single pack when you buy a Starter pack this week.
#29 Posted: 04:02:45 28/09/2015
Quote: UncleBob
Quote: SlayerX11
Edit: Removed link per request, thou wave 2 HOT toy alert did come out smilie

Who requested that you remove a link to a public TRU announcement?
That's super-lame.

*edit* - link removed by request. Not as lame as I thought. Weird.

I had copied it from somewhere else and it had someones personal email in it displayed at the bottom, so they asked me to remove it and I did so.
#30 Posted: 12:28:30 28/09/2015
Yeah, I did the same thing. It's weird that TRU's email announcements go out that way - not an effective way to run your email services. :/

I fully understand why it was asked to be removed now. I thought someone was trying to "hide" information from the rest of the forums so that evil scalpers/resellers couldn't get it or some crazy BS like that (it's happened before). Never even crossed my mind that TRU's email announcements would be set up in a way that anyone on the planet can access them and personal information contained within. :/
#31 Posted: 21:32:55 28/09/2015
^ ya tru really needs to not have that display.
#32 Posted: 22:51:36 28/09/2015
I understand the link being removed and appreciate your integrity.
#33 Posted: 08:13:31 02/10/2015
For those without a TRU nearby they are online now.

http://www.toysrus.com/family/...searchSort=TRUE
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:13:45 02/10/2015 by SlayerX11
#34 Posted: 12:31:47 14/10/2015
Any word on when these will show up on Best Buy's site?
#35 Posted: 13:09:46 14/10/2015
They are all up there now, although I can't find Shark Tank there yet in single form.
#36 Posted: 14:34:24 14/10/2015
Good gravy, I swear these were not there before! Thanks.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#37 Posted: 16:55:41 14/10/2015
Quote: stoat2337
Good gravy, I swear these were not there before! Thanks.

It's possible that they "weren't," as I've noticed that Best Buy's online search feature is always spotty at best. I'd read on here that they had stock of something available online/in store/etc., go search their site and come up with nothing, but when I come back here and click a link directly to whatever the item is, bingo, it pops right up. I wonder if they have it set up so that if an item is out of stock and/or doesn't have an an ETA to become available that they just have it exclude from searches. (shrug) Anyway, I believe you when you say they weren't there as I run into that pretty frequently--another reason why Best Buy tends to be pretty low on my list of places to check.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me