First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4
Legendary Racing Pack
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#151 Posted: 15:54:56 03/10/2015
Quote: griswoldthunder
Just an FYI, all of the packs I saw had awful paint jobs. I have never seen such bad paint jobs on any figures before.

Worse than Jade Flashwing? Man those were terrible, I went through like two cases worth before finding one acceptable figure.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#152 Posted: 15:58:58 03/10/2015
Mine seemed to be fine.
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#153 Posted: 16:46:40 03/10/2015
I think SSC overall so far has the worst average paint jobs of the 5 years.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#154 Posted: 19:38:33 03/10/2015
Hmm, seems TRU droed the ball on this release. Usually my stores are good about getting them in on time, yet none of my local stores have them.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#155 Posted: 20:34:30 03/10/2015
Quote: AzureStarline
I think SSC overall so far has the worst average paint jobs of the 5 years.

Agreed smilie
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#156 Posted: 20:49:23 03/10/2015
Quote: GameMaster78
Hmm, seems TRU droed the ball on this release. Usually my stores are good about getting them in on time, yet none of my local stores have them.

Thought you said you weren't getting one? Said you had better things to spend your money on... Or were you just making up another excuse to trash the game, because you felt that there somehow weren't enough "real" reasons to hate it?
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:51:04 03/10/2015 by juarmo
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#157 Posted: 02:41:03 04/10/2015
Said I wasn't in a rush to get one. I still don't have one, so... yeah. Soonest I am buying it is the end of October, cause as I said, better things to buy TTL wise. smilie

Still was curious to see how much TRU screwed up in getting the pack out. Seems to be very YMMV, which is sad seeing as Infinity and Dimensions have hard dates on ALL figures.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:42:50 04/10/2015 by GameMaster78
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#158 Posted: 04:27:16 04/10/2015
I'm almost never negative about this franchise, but I hate the way this Astroblast looks so much that I might just wait for the non-legendary pack.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#159 Posted: 06:02:55 04/10/2015
Quote: Friendzie
I'm almost never negative about this franchise, but I hate the way this Astroblast looks so much that I might just wait for the non-legendary pack.

To be honest, his ride is not very fun. Using the weapons seem to be lackluster to me...exact opposite of what I was expecting. Jet Vac's ride is easily the best air vehicle to date for weapons, Slicer for speed.
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#160 Posted: 06:06:45 04/10/2015
I'm keen to collect both versions, especially if this one comes out here before the regular one. If that's the way it works out, then I would keep the following out of each pack:

Legendary version: Legendary Sun Runner and Sky Trophy

Regular version: smilie and Sun Runner

It'd be even better if I had a Dark Sea Shadow to match. smilie
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#161 Posted: 07:53:18 04/10/2015
Quote: defpally
Quote: griswoldthunder
Just an FYI, all of the packs I saw had awful paint jobs. I have never seen such bad paint jobs on any figures before.

Worse than Jade Flashwing? Man those were terrible, I went through like two cases worth before finding one acceptable figure.

Let alone all the ones that had broken wings etc, I remember at least a 1/4 of them were broken.
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#162 Posted: 01:04:02 05/10/2015
I got mine, and the extra tracks have been pretty fun so far. Any tips for the boss races? I've been firing as much as possible as Kaos, but I'm not doing enough DPS to take the villains down each lap, any suggestions?

EDIT: Started playing using the Legendary Sun Runner, and found that spamming Square after pressing Triangle when I got an item box did the trick.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:53:29 05/10/2015 by Wolfgang
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#163 Posted: 02:05:09 05/10/2015
Max out every single Sky Vehicle's armor and power, and always pair them with their signature SuperChargers. I maxed out Dark Hammer Slam Bowser, his Dark Clown Cruiser, Stormblade and her Sky Slicer. Just keep flying towards as many canisters of ammo juices as possible in order to recharge quickly.
#164 Posted: 06:11:54 06/10/2015
Does anyone with Racing know the name of Pain-Yatta's vehicle? I'll check on my Wii copy tomorrow if not...
I'm planning for the possibility that I'll get a New Nintendo 3DS for Christmas, (my old Nintendo 3DS broke, so I need a new Nintendo 3DS, so why not make my new Nintendo 3DS a New Nintendo 3DS smilie) and that me or my bro will get the 3DS starter... (He'll probably just take the figures [huge bowser fan] so I can probably take Super Shot Stealth Elf as my own)
So I'm getting all my Sky Vehicles to level 20, while I practice the sky courses against the AI... Which may not substitute for a Human opponent, but at least the tracks won't change, right?
(Does 3DS vehicles have a secondary attack? Wii controllers only have one attack button in lieu of a secondary vehicle stunt button [Land vehicles can Jump as well as Drift, Sky vehicles can use their Afterburners as well as Barrel Roll, and Sea vehicles can do Tricks as well as Dive]), but 3DS has more buttons than Wiimote+Nunchuk
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#165 Posted: 10:29:58 06/10/2015
Quote: Wolfgang
I got mine, and the extra tracks have been pretty fun so far. Any tips for the boss races? I've been firing as much as possible as Kaos, but I'm not doing enough DPS to take the villains down each lap, any suggestions?

EDIT: Started playing using the Legendary Sun Runner, and found that spamming Square after pressing Triangle when I got an item box did the trick.

I don't think your using Sun Runner correctly. Your supposed to hold the primary attack down to have lots of ammo and do tons of damage,
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#166 Posted: 20:43:23 06/10/2015
Quote: Luminous35
Quote: Wolfgang

I don't think your using Sun Runner correctly. Your supposed to hold the primary attack down to have lots of ammo and do tons of damage,

This, it is a Keydown attack, and AS such, it works best when you hold the key down!
---
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#167 Posted: 21:04:23 06/10/2015
Yep thats what I meant smilie
Sun Runner is OP!
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#168 Posted: 06:18:16 12/10/2015
Just a heads-up regarding the Aussie release of the Legendary Sky Racing Action Pack. The latest Big W catalogue has it advertised on page 28 for $39. The sale runs for a week from 15th to 21st October. smilie

EDIT: I tried two Big W stores, and neither one has the Legendary Action Pack on shelves yet... smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:16:54 14/10/2015 by GamerZack7
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#169 Posted: 23:02:35 15/10/2015
Is the trophy in this pack exactly the same colour as what shows up in game ? I'm worried that the bright gold is a legendary colour coz I would prefer the original colour design if they differ.

But actually have we got any real confirmation that a none legendary sky racing pack will be released at all yet ?
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#170 Posted: 23:23:14 15/10/2015
Quote: B-BOB358
Is the trophy in this pack exactly the same colour as what shows up in game ? I'm worried that the bright gold is a legendary colour coz I would prefer the original colour design if they differ.

But actually have we got any real confirmation that a none legendary sky racing pack will be released at all yet ?

Can't tell but it does indeed look like a Legendary-type gold to me.

Well... Except for the pic on the back of some packaging and the fact somebody claims to have found one (he posted images of both Astroblast and Sun Runner but nothing about the Trophy) nothing else.
But no way they would release a Legendary Expansion Pack without making a compelling regular version... Even if I would have released the latter first.

[User Posted Image]

As you can see from this image the Trophy does look bronze rather than golden.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:30:09 15/10/2015 by Drek95
#171 Posted: 01:03:14 16/10/2015
If the Legendary Sky Trophy is a different hue than the regulars, it would look out-of-place on display next to them. I typically display my figures by terrain type: Sky > Land > Sea, which would equate to Gold > Bronze > Bronze on my shelf. smilie

Then again, displaying them as Sky > Land > Kaos > Sea would form an interesting pattern...
---
*Currently absent*
#172 Posted: 01:14:46 16/10/2015
awesome thanks heaps. i did think it was meant to be similar to wolf gangs colour but i couldn't find the old pic.

i've been getting kind of nervous without even a photo of the package art for the original sky racing pack released yet. Even though its hopefully unlikely, i just don't trust this games figure releases enough for them not to just release original art astroblast and sunrunner as singles and forget about the bronze trophy until next year.

i gotta say that it seems I've fallen for the companies strategy. Releasing variants before the original arts really does coerce me into purchasing variants i wouldn't usually buy. i'm not desperate for astroblast or sunrunner, but that trophy really would give me something new to do while i wait for more waves.

I'm a terrible person lol.
---
#173 Posted: 01:21:53 16/10/2015
Quote: GamerZack7
If the Legendary Sky Trophy is a different hue than the regulars, it would look out-of-place on display next to them. I typically display my figures by terrain type: Sky > Land > Sea, which would equate to Gold > Bronze > Bronze on my shelf. smilie

Then again, displaying them as Sky > Land > Kaos > Sea would form an interesting pattern...

from that little picture of the count money bone trophy on the front page, it looks almost like a rust colour.
The other trophies with golden queens trophy being gold and wolf gangs trophy being bronze basically make sense with their characters colour pallettes but money bones is a little odd. Silver would've made more sense just to get the gold, silver, bronze theme going. And silvers almost skeleton white lol.
---
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#174 Posted: 02:09:50 16/10/2015
B-BOB358 use your edit tab...do not double post. Don't want a Mod yelling at you. smilie
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#175 Posted: 07:08:54 16/10/2015
Quote: B-BOB358
Quote: GamerZack7

from that little picture of the count money bone trophy on the front page, it looks almost like a rust colour.
The other trophies with golden queens trophy being gold and wolf gangs trophy being bronze basically make sense with their characters colour pallettes but money bones is a little odd. Silver would've made more sense just to get the gold, silver, bronze theme going. And silvers almost skeleton white lol.

Yep, that's also what I think (and hope for).
Sea is golden (to fit Golden Queen), Land is silver (to kinda look like Count Moneybone) and Sky is bronze (to resemble Wolfgang).
Now that we also know the Kaos Trophy will be released as Single Packs in the future I think it might be plain black without any silver details (just like his regular trap compared to the Ultimate one).

Words cannot even express how annoying the fact they have released the Legendary Sky Racing Action Pack before the regular one is...
It almost looks like they want you to buy revamps and variants over the regular brand new Skylanders, this year... smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#176 Posted: 08:01:01 16/10/2015
Well, I picked up the Legendary Sky Racing Action Pack today, and I can confirm that the Sky Trophy is the exact same shade of gold as the Sea Trophy. Not sure if the regular one is different, but if it's the same, then I guess we can't entirely rule out the Land Trophy also being gold.

Of course, if there is a Power Blue Land Racing Action Pack, then the Land Trophy in it could very well be blue as well! smilie
---
*Currently absent*
First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me