Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Trap Team Clearance Sales [CLOSED]
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#1 Posted: 18:41:46 20/09/2015 | Topic Creator
For those still looking for the Power Punch Pet Vac Easter figure, Amazon.com seems to be clearing them out for $4.84.

Amazon.com is clearing out other figures as well. A lot of Trapmasters are $7.99 and cores such as Flip Wreck are $4.99.

Also, GameStop.com seems to be clearing out their Trap Team figures at 50% off. King Cobra Cadabra and other cores are $4.99.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:08:56 20/09/2015 by mastermc54
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#2 Posted: 20:15:32 20/09/2015
Walgreens has some of their characters at 2.49.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#3 Posted: 11:01:34 21/09/2015
I wouldn't mind if i can to pick up the regular Krypt King (I have nitro) maybe another gearshift and wildfire to toss in the other path... Krypt King however I love the sword path and don't feel i'd be tempted to put him down the bee path even though i should. Still while I loved Krypt king and Wildfire I'm pretty sure Gearshift is the only trap master I'll keep on using after Trap Team.
Biodude Blue Sparx Gems: 667
#4 Posted: 12:29:15 21/09/2015
Good luck finding those 3 under $10.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#5 Posted: 19:44:12 21/09/2015
When we gonna get the Light Expansion back in stock. Absolute garbage that I can't find it anywhere ;-;
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#6 Posted: 20:34:51 21/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyroflame0487
When we gonna get the Light Expansion back in stock. Absolute garbage that I can't find it anywhere ;-;

It got a full restock in early April when stores were flooded with them and Amazon regularly had both the light and dark packs in stock for days at a time. You only have yourself to blame for not pulling the trigger with that restock. At this point, you're going to have to pay EBay scalper prices for it if you want a new version or be content with picking up Knight Light as a single and getting the other contents of the pack second hand. FYI - Knight Light is $7.99 on GameStop.com.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:38:11 21/09/2015 by mastermc54
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#7 Posted: 13:13:13 22/09/2015

Sadly you waited to long to get one and now they are pretty much gone in the wild thou a few prob will turn up but it wont be easy to find.
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#8 Posted: 14:20:09 22/09/2015
Quote: Biodude

Yeah i noticed this. Shame the three I'd actually be interested in getting another of are the most expensive. I'm still certain eventually i'm going to walk into the 5below and see at least one of them.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#9 Posted: 14:26:32 22/09/2015
Quote: Street50

Yeah i noticed this. Shame the three I'd actually be interested in getting another of are the most expensive. I'm still certain eventually i'm going to walk into the 5below and see at least one of them.

Considering Wildfire and Krypt King were early waves, I doubt it. I haven't seen Wildfire for a very long time. We wanted to get him, but never did. I had him in my hand on Black Friday, but they didn't have the rest that I wanted, so I waited until I got to another store so I could purchase them all together. Sadly, they didn't have Wildfire. I ended up picking up others for my son for Christmas and was going to get Wildfire later, but didn't see him after Christmas. I found one at Bargain Hunt, but when I went to get him, the head had fallen off (which is probably why they had him, as they get stuff like that sometimes from stores that are getting rid of stock). I found out that they would probably offer a discount because it was defective. I went back to get it, figuring I might be able to just glue it back together, but it was already gone smilie. I haven't had any luck since.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#10 Posted: 01:40:17 24/09/2015
Has anyone seen Spotlight anywhere for a reasonable price?
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#11 Posted: 01:52:47 24/09/2015
Quote: Razz
Has anyone seen Spotlight anywhere for a reasonable price?

I'm pretty sure she's gone gone gone from the shelves...light and dark and all.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#12 Posted: 04:27:24 24/09/2015
Alas. :( I found Knight Mare recently (she's somewhat common in my area) and Spotlight is the last one I'd like to get, but I am not paying $50+ for a hunk of plastic. $15 is all I'm willing to pay for any core Skylander (and that only when they're tough to find).
#13 Posted: 04:39:59 24/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: obidawsn
Quote: Street50

Considering Wildfire and Krypt King were early waves, I doubt it. I haven't seen Wildfire for a very long time. We wanted to get him, but never did. I had him in my hand on Black Friday, but they didn't have the rest that I wanted, so I waited until I got to another store so I could purchase them all together. Sadly, they didn't have Wildfire. I ended up picking up others for my son for Christmas and was going to get Wildfire later, but didn't see him after Christmas. I found one at Bargain Hunt, but when I went to get him, the head had fallen off (which is probably why they had him, as they get stuff like that sometimes from stores that are getting rid of stock). I found out that they would probably offer a discount because it was defective. I went back to get it, figuring I might be able to just glue it back together, but it was already gone smilie. I haven't had any luck since.

I saw a bunch of Wildfires when I was in the Toronto area in May and at a Walgreens-like drugstore in Germany (along with Krypt King) in June.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#14 Posted: 07:45:55 25/09/2015
Quote: SlayerX11

Sadly you waited to long to get one and now they are pretty much gone in the wild thou a few prob will turn up but it wont be easy to find.

Wait too long? You're acting like they were commonly available everywhere. They weren't.

For reference, each of those packs' exclusive contents (the adventure set pieces and the traps) are selling online for roughly 30-40 bucks each. It costs more now just for ONE trap or ONE adventure set piece than it did at retail for the entire pack. That's not normal aftermarket rates. No other figures (not counting rare variants) have increased in price anywhere close to that much in the aftermarket (well, except maybe Spotlight and Blackout, who have the same problem). The set was grossly underproduced. And that's a very unusual thing for Skylanders.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:54:48 25/09/2015 by Muffin Man
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#15 Posted: 14:26:29 25/09/2015
Quote: Muffin Man
Wait too long? You're acting like they were commonly available everywhere. They weren't.

Amen. While they weren't incredibly difficult to find if you paid close attention and were quick on your feet, they didn't last long, either in the original release or the 1-2 restocks which happened later on.

Quote:
For reference, each of those packs' exclusive contents (the adventure set pieces and the traps) are selling online for roughly 30-40 bucks each. It costs more now just for ONE trap or ONE adventure set piece than it did at retail for the entire pack. That's not normal aftermarket rates. No other figures (not counting rare variants) have increased in price anywhere close to that much in the aftermarket (well, except maybe Spotlight and Blackout, who have the same problem). The set was grossly underproduced. And that's a very unusual thing for Skylanders.

Amen. I don't know if the Light/Dark packs and figures were necessarily underproduced, though. I have a feeling that they didn't get restocked in subsequent waves due to retailers having such a hard time moving stale stock due to the port strikes and Activision apparently dictating what they will send and when they will send it. As the yawn traps are clearly out there somewhere, there are probably also palettes upon palettes of the Light/Dark expansion pack and individual figures, we just won't see them until Activision allows them to be specifically ordered or they're forced to dump the stock onto the discount retailer market and we all flood $5 Below, Big Lots, etc. to pick everything up cheap. Time will tell, though.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#16 Posted: 15:37:50 25/09/2015
Quote: Muffin Man
Quote: SlayerX11

Wasn't trying to be rude, but they were released early on and then again after the port strike. I saw them in tru, target and walmart around those times so they were around if you looked around those times. However if you didn't they went pretty quickly. Then the none adventure versions came out with them alone. Honestly they should have put spotlight and blackout in the adventure packs and sold them that way and only that way and left the trapmasters be the way they ended up doing it later.
Biodude Blue Sparx Gems: 667
#17 Posted: 22:04:43 25/09/2015
What really sucks is that latecomers to TT won't have access to those areas/traps.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me