darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Nightfall faulty chip (Gameplay with Spoilers)
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Nightfall faulty chip (Gameplay with Spoilers)
RK Yellow Sparx Gems: 1847
#101 Posted: 03:14:52 22/09/2015
Quote: Aura24
Quote: Bifrost
But update on Nightfall from another topic, seems like Acti stopped sending faulty figures and will try to send working ones until the end of the year.

I wonder if my Nightfall will have the same issue when it arrives, if it's part of the shipment.

Since from the looks of it, they're still trying to figure out what's wrong with the figures at the moment, either they'll cancel your order and give your money back, or if it's too late for that, it's going to be a faulty one.
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#102 Posted: 03:15:27 22/09/2015
Being part of the main shipment...i would say yes Aura....she will not work either.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:19:27 24/09/2015 by Phoenix_Lord
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#103 Posted: 03:15:50 22/09/2015
Quote: mega spyro
I bet the Power Blues are Walmart exclusive, since that's the only store we don't know about exclusives. (Well, I guess gamestop too, because Frightful Fiesta is only exclusive there for a week) I really, really hope I'm wrong, and these aren't walmart exclusive, because 99% of Walmarts don't know what the heck Skylanders even are.

Yes, please please PLEASE let it be an easy to get set and not a mega expensive Holiday 2015 exclusive as I won't fork over $500+ for this. I've never heard of Power Blues before, but blue is Walmart (red is Target) when it comes to Topps sportcard special editions, so it makes sense for figures. I mean we can order one online walmart.com if the stores won't bother with it. Mega excited about this variant. Would it be ok to take these posts and make a new thread about this as it's not Nightfall related at all?
---
Stay Cool!
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#104 Posted: 11:03:37 22/09/2015
Beautiful Nightfall
Get on back up
Pray to your maker
No longer corrupt

Gamers demanding
You need to be
A dark dreadwalker
Work flawlessly

Whatever it takes
No matter the cost
Make no mistake
Nightfall's not lost

Time to take aim
Strike like an arrow
Get in the game
Drive Sea Shadow
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#105 Posted: 11:45:07 22/09/2015
Quote: mastermc54
Part of "chilling out" means understanding that the company has acknowledged an error on day 2 following launch and allowing some time for them to have a few meetings to discuss what they're going to do before issuing a more elaborate and concise statement...which you seem to expect TODAY for some reason??? I understand the issue needs to be dealt with swiftly, but allowing less than 24 hours since Activision people went into their offices today and ranting about a vague acknowledgement statement sounds pretty unreasonable. Give them some more time rather than storming their offices with pitchforks right away.

Sorry that me sharing my experience dealing with critical software bugs bothers you. What part of my post indicated "storming their office with pitchforks"? Or was the post I wrote and the one you read two completely different things? I was suggesting how to properly manage these things so people do not storm your office with pitchforks. And I have dealt with software issues that were far more critical than a video game not working.
#106 Posted: 11:57:14 22/09/2015
Quote: RK

Since from the looks of it, they're still trying to figure out what's wrong with the figures at the moment, either they'll cancel your order and give your money back, or if it's too late for that, it's going to be a faulty one.

Trust me, they aren't still trying to figure out what's wrong with the figures. They have probably known that since 5 minutes after it was reported. What is happening right now is Activision is trying to figure out the cheapest way out of this mess.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#107 Posted: 12:32:40 22/09/2015
Quote: defpally
Quote: RK

Trust me, they aren't still trying to figure out what's wrong with the figures. They have probably known that since 5 minutes after it was reported. What is happening right now is Activision is trying to figure out the cheapest way out of this mess.

Correct. It will be interesting, since I've seen them ignore bugs every year. This is one bug that will both impact their bottom line...both in terms of lost sales, lost loyalty, and of course cost to fix the problem. And ignoring it is not an option...for once.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#108 Posted: 15:01:45 22/09/2015
Good job, Actiassist on he patch. Nightfall works now, at least on ps4. I'll check other versions.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#109 Posted: 17:58:33 22/09/2015
GREAT!

Really happy this got fixed before Europe release!
Great work, Activision. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#110 Posted: 18:04:18 22/09/2015
NIGHTFALL IS ALIVE smilie
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#111 Posted: 18:23:39 22/09/2015
Quote: GameMaster78
Good job, Actiassist on he patch. Nightfall works now, at least on ps4. I'll check other versions.

Xbox One still at 1.2.0. It's safe to say it may be several days depending on platform.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#112 Posted: 19:13:28 22/09/2015
So Nightfall works...but I can't find him (smilie)'

Sad.Unreall.Is.Sad
- Unreall
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#113 Posted: 19:16:03 22/09/2015
Nightfall is a lady :U
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5298
#114 Posted: 20:40:58 22/09/2015
Will the Wii version get the patch?
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#115 Posted: 20:48:17 22/09/2015
Quote: skylandsfan

It can't be patched. Nintendo cut Wii WiFi compatibility a while ago.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:50:55 22/09/2015 by Matteomax
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#116 Posted: 20:53:20 22/09/2015
So in which states have there been sightings of Nightfall and wave 2? People have been very vague and it seems to be limited to very few stores on the west coast (mainly Target stores). Or have there been sightings over on the east coast? I checked a central NJ Target out today out of curiosity and there were no signs of wave 2.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#117 Posted: 20:55:56 22/09/2015
Some found Nightfall in the U.S and some even found her in Germany a while ago. That raises my hope that I will find her as well.
temperedreason Yellow Sparx Gems: 1351
#118 Posted: 20:56:52 22/09/2015
Quote: Matteomax
Quote: skylandsfan

It can't be patched. Nintendo cut Wii WiFi compatibility a while ago.

Actually, it ISN'T true that the Wii version cannot be patched. There is a way to (albeit in a limited way) patch Wii games. Games like Super Mario Galaxy, for example, and Smash Bros. Brawl received minor patches. Wii's online service, known as the Nintendo WiFi Connection has officially ended, but patches were always offered through the WiiShop anyway. It is not impossible for this game to be repaired and for the patch to be made available via the WiiShop for download (which by the way, is still available).

The real question becomes will Nintendo and Activision go through the trouble of making this patch available, given that it's quite possible that Skylanders Superchargers will be the very last Wii game published before the product's end-of-life?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:01:07 22/09/2015 by temperedreason
#119 Posted: 21:03:19 22/09/2015
No, I you cannot patch Wii games. Skyward Sword had a game breaking bug and they could not patch it, they had to release a save file fix app instead.

The patches for Super Mario Galaxy and Smash Brawl (Project M) you mentioned are fan made, not Nintendo made and require quite a bit of expertise to prepare and install - and are definitely not Nintendo approved.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:03:39 22/09/2015 by defpally
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#120 Posted: 21:05:16 22/09/2015
Chances are this will end up like the Guitar Hero III recall from about eight years back (another recall Activision was involved with), with people sending their disks in, and waiting a while to get the new disk.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
#121 Posted: 21:11:50 22/09/2015
No, I you cannot patch Wii games. Skyward Sword had a game breaking bug and they could not patch it, they had to release a save file fix app instead.

The patches for Super Mario Galaxy and Smash Brawl (Project M) you mentioned are fan made, not Nintendo made and require quite a bit of expertise to prepare and install - and are definitely not Nintendo approved.

Not true AT ALL. Spouting more misinformation. Nintendo would NEVER offer fan made patches through their console's online store.

For those of us who know, even Mario Kart Wii received at least one official minor patch during its life on the Wii. Patches were always possible but extremely LIMITED. The main limitation for patches involved Nintendo's constraints on WiiShop download sizes.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:12:55 22/09/2015 by temperedreason
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#122 Posted: 21:15:43 22/09/2015
Quote: temperedreason

Not true AT ALL. Spouting more misinformation. Nintendo would NEVER offer fan made patches through their console's online store.

I don't really see where defpally said that Nintendo offered them in their online store.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
#123 Posted: 21:22:10 22/09/2015
Quote: Wolfgang

I don't really see where defpally said that Nintendo offered them in their online store.

He didn't. I did. He reported that the only game patches to be released were those that were fan made, while in my original post I acknowledged that there were patches that had been made available as separate downloads from inside the WiiShop itself.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#124 Posted: 00:49:01 23/09/2015
Well at least I have nothing to worry about when I get Nightfall at the store.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#125 Posted: 01:14:27 23/09/2015
Quote: Wolfgang

I didn't. This guy says I'm spouting "misinformation", yet has no evidence of his own for these "patches". I think he is thinking of the 3DS, they do get patches there - Mario Kart 7 got one really early on.

Of course he also doesn't explain why a headline game like Skyward Sword got a save file fixer instead of a patch if patches were possible, especially since it was a game breaking bug. Note the last paragraph in this Wired article:

http://www.wired.com/2011/12/skyward-sword-bug/
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#126 Posted: 02:13:31 23/09/2015
Quote: Aura24
Well at least I have nothing to worry about when I get Nightfall at the store.

Agreed...she is not in any of my stores yet either.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
#127 Posted: 02:21:20 23/09/2015
The save file issue with Skyward Sword was a radical step Nintendo had to take because the fix was fairly embedded in the game's code to remedy with a simple patch. This is not unknown. The save file channel fix saved programmers a lot of time and headache - even if it was a subpar fix. AND it was primarily intended to save the people who had already encountered the glitch and to get them back up and running without having to start the entire game over.

EDIT: So after further research, it turns out, Nintendo actually DID patch the Skyward Sword issue within a following Wii System Software update.

Did you PLAY Super Mario Galaxy or Mario Kart Wii? If you had, you might have noticed the small patches they were given. Simple as that.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:34:14 23/09/2015 by temperedreason
#128 Posted: 02:27:06 23/09/2015
And another example of a patched game was the Wii Version of Call of Duty. Patched via the WiiShop Channel.
#129 Posted: 02:49:09 23/09/2015
Yes, I played all of those, quite a bit of Super Mario Galaxy. Please provide a link detailing that it was patched. Now, mind you software revisions can ship on new discs pressed later, Ocarina of Time had several versions. But you are talking about an update from the eShop and I'm not just going by memory here - there is no other evidence of that.

Apparently they did have some sort of updating mechanism in Call of Duty, but the only evidence I saw of that was because it was built into the game to have the ability to download data. The game was made to expect it. That's quite a bit different from an unexpected patch fix. There is a reason it wasn't done, the startup files were on the disk, there was no data on the system - so you didn't really have a boot program that could redirect data from one place to another. Not to mention the amount of built in data was minuscule compared the the size needed for patches (particularly early on in the Wii life cycle). You had the ability to use an SD Card for storage, but you couldn't run a game from it - you had to transfer it to system memory.

No as related to Skylanders, they almost certainly didn't build in a feature to fix something like this in the code. Not to mention Nintendo barely maintains the Wii infrastructure. So in the end, no you aren't getting a Superchargers patch, just like when there was a bug with Swap Force you had to send in for a new disc on the Wii.

By the way, if you want to discuss things in a civil manner, you might not want to throw words around like "misinformation" particularly when you seem to be just making things up as you go along.
#130 Posted: 03:44:54 23/09/2015
Knowledge is power. I'm pretty sure my Wii isn't updated and I'd like to be able to make sure my games are patched. All good!
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#131 Posted: 03:48:54 23/09/2015
Looks like nightfall won't be coming in wave 2 for Australia as she isn't on preorder on eb games like the other figures.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#132 Posted: 05:58:20 23/09/2015
Wii games could only be patched if it was built into the software, meaning the game itself, and I believe Call of Duty was the only game that had it. Wii games could not be patched, and if any fixes were implemented via firmware updates, that is not the same as patches. Google "can Wii games be patched," and you will find several articles and sites stating that, no, Wii games cannot be patched. The existence of the Wii versions of the game are the reason no other versions of the game ever received patches.
---
Hail Sithis
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#133 Posted: 18:58:52 23/09/2015
That is so weird, I swear up and down to some of my Wii games getting patched.

I'm going to sound stuck up though, but don't care...

The system is dead and retired, it shouldn't even be getting games anymore...move on.
- Unreall
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#134 Posted: 03:31:04 24/09/2015
Quote: Unreallystic
That is so weird, I swear up and down to some of my Wii games getting patched.

I'm going to sound stuck up though, but don't care...

The system is dead and retired, it shouldn't even be getting games anymore...move on.
- Unreall

You might have had firmware updates from games that required it. Skyward Sword and a couple of Nintendo ones come to mind.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
High_Volt23 Green Sparx Gems: 204
#135 Posted: 03:43:37 24/09/2015
Is XBox360 and wifi u going to get the patch because I'm getting the game for wii u, wii, and xbox360 version next month.
---
smilie PROTECT AND SURGE!!!smilie
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#136 Posted: 04:14:17 24/09/2015
I think I know what he means when temperedreason said that some Wii games got patched. No disk based versions where patched but some digital versions (if you downloaded say some game of the e-shop) got updated to newer software versions on the e-shop and if you had one such game it would let you "patch" it (it would basically re-download the newer version and delete the old one and your save would still work). But this did not work if your copy was disk based. Some games like CoD and monster hunter had download updates insided the game, but where not really patches just added data the games where made to read in the first place.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:19:08 24/09/2015 by darkrai848
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me