Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > All-Purpose Shin Megami Tensei:Persona Topic
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
All-Purpose Shin Megami Tensei:Persona Topic
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#51 Posted: 18:17:00 29/03/2017
I mean, there are objectively negative reviews made badly. You can't tell me IGN's reviews of recent Sonic stuff are in any way fair, and the fans don't even want 10s anymore, they just want negatives that aren't made up.

But back to purse owner. Doubt they changed much from SMTIVFinal and P4G, Steve, except for the new additions and elements. You should be good getting the guys that were reliable in the last few games if they still look that way.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:17:34 29/03/2017 by Bifrost
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#52 Posted: 04:19:31 30/03/2017 | Topic Creator
I'm pretty excited to finally know what's going on in the plot this playthrough haha, didn't know what was going on at all in my Japanese run.
---
words. letters. filler.
#53 Posted: 20:45:45 04/04/2017
God ****ing dammit Atlus shut down any LPs of the game past **** hits the fan month. I was so looking foward for Zaibatsu to play it since this would be the first time Pat would play an SMT game blind.

edit: Most people here have a PS3/4 and probably play the game, but since I'm poor and go wherever Bayonetta goes, I managed to scrape a good stream of the first 3 hours.

God damn. Forbidden fruit is the most tempting, but even without that, this game looks and feels so good.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:17:59 06/04/2017 by Bifrost
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#54 Posted: 13:03:51 09/04/2017
Just buy yesterday because of the horribly high price of Persona 5,Persona 3 FES on the ps store but did not play it yet.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#55 Posted: 01:35:23 16/04/2017
Still a nice pace watching the game, and really enjoying it regardless. Wish I had a PS4 so I could make the guy stop ignoring Mementos and the plant but I'll survive.

Also, a friend told me about the mission failures since I can't go searching for that without running into spoilers. Needless to say...

Upping the rating because of japan getting stricter laws? Oh, they played the fans like a damn fiddle.
More because they added rape, suicide, and someone pulling a bullet through the protagonist's head.

(sorry I can't discuss these just yet past first impressions, I'm actually still at the first half;; )
---
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#56 Posted: 13:09:58 16/04/2017
THIS GAME IS SO DIDDLYING AWESOME OH MY GOD

And then how everything is just exploding with style and the character art and the music AHHH

Best Persona game by far.

Even though I'm only watching an LP rip
---
My life is complete.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#57 Posted: 02:12:56 17/04/2017
Quote: MagicFizz
THIS GAME IS SO DIDDLYING AWESOME OH MY GOD

And then how everything is just exploding with style and the character art and the music AHHH

Best Persona game by far.

Even though I'm only watching an LP rip

did you get past 7/7
#58 Posted: 02:15:41 17/04/2017
The game is literally about rebelling and they didn't expect people to do that just to know
Nothing even happens in that day it's just 2-3 days from one of the important confession sequences.

The day itself is just supposed to scare people into not streaming. Only the big people, mind you, I don't think they removed a single non-soundtrack video ever since because the only ones with nothing to lose have small channels anyway.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 02:18:26 17/04/2017 by Bifrost
#59 Posted: 04:02:04 17/04/2017
[User Posted Image]
- - -
#60 Posted: 10:53:02 17/04/2017
He can't make up his mind if he'll skip the night entirely,prompt you to sleep at the first floor, or just let you think you have a free night only to turn down anything you look at. Sure, it's so you can take care of the plant and see if Sakura has new dialogue, but it's not that worth it if you'll block everything else.

Also oh man I thought the jojokes about Yusuke on twitter were just fooling around on launch
he poses in every animation
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:48:48 17/04/2017 by Bifrost
#61 Posted: 17:47:51 17/04/2017 | Topic Creator
I've barely had time to play it and just beat the first dungeon, but this game is so good and I love the dub.
---
words. letters. filler.
#62 Posted: 18:56:50 17/04/2017
The dub is great, and they really chose the actors well since most of them aren't going for an existing character(except the reporter and Sojiro, but his VA really only has one voice as Nier-Gestalt or Cartherine's narrator). Only weak one I feel is Joker/Akira/MC, because as much of a cool guy Xander Mobus is, he really can't keep a young tone and some lines randomly sound super deep.

This being the first time an MC has to actively talk and have a character is one thing, but some of the game save and battle lines barely sound like the same person.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:01:11 17/04/2017 by Bifrost
#63 Posted: 17:29:41 22/04/2017
Finished watching the fifth dungeon, and with it, the dread of looming dark af plot comes.

---
#64 Posted: 19:07:39 22/04/2017
"haru is my waifu" ~nobody
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:57:48 23/04/2017 by somePerson
#65 Posted: 13:25:31 23/04/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Finished watching the fifth dungeon, and with it, the dread of looming dark af plot comes.

tfw the first dungeon was already pretty dark imo
---
My life is complete.
#66 Posted: 13:31:23 23/04/2017
Yeah, but it was still peppered with funny hijinks between the arcs. Now there's no chill left.

Quote: somePerson
"haru is my waifu" ~nobody

Idk, she's kind of in the not-waifu territory for me like Futaba. She was best girl for me before the game came out, but uh with the story circumstances it just feels wrong to think about that. Milady is still my favorite persona tho.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:49:30 23/04/2017 by Bifrost
#67 Posted: 16:57:59 23/04/2017
[User Posted Image]
Happy birthday best girl
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:01:14 23/04/2017 by somePerson
#68 Posted: 14:16:05 26/04/2017
Gah I can't wait until it's actually revealed in the walkthrough I have to talk about this

Traitor spoilers
it's amazing how Akechi blows his cover literally when they meet, but you only notice in replays or if you're paying plenty of attention

In the TV Station, he ends up overhearing Morgana and responds to him, since he was in the corridor and couldn't see who was talking
(Either that or I remember the dialogue wrong)
If the trio actually noticed none of them mentioned pancakes the plot wouldn't have ever escalated like this -
sure, both gameplay and story give you hints later, but this one moment changes everything and already tells you he's going to make up the Space Station encounter

I'm actually almost at this reveal but I've glued my eyes to the dialogue and I could see it coming from a mile with the help of a friend

Edit: also Atlus now is acting on the defensive on their literal threats to the LPing community but didn't adress the problem, only pushed the restrictions to the
Good Ending
threshold.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 09:02:27 27/04/2017 by Bifrost
#69 Posted: 01:18:51 28/04/2017
Spoilers for November
i think i did more damage to myself than goro did to me
#70 Posted: 02:25:38 28/04/2017
>mfw what I mentioned in the spoiler wasn't a heckin bamboozle and the game addresses it

I don't give P Studio enough credit for their writing, that was amazing. Oh yeah, and everything else that happens in Nov 19-22nd, holy ****, I thought the P3 movies got dark and intense but this is another level - and it's just the start of engame. Hype.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:31:37 28/04/2017 by Bifrost
#71 Posted: 23:21:52 05/05/2017
replaying 3 right now and its really frustrating on how heavy the game punishes you for doing nothing wrong. like "opps i missed a move with a 3 percent chance of missing" and then you die because the enemies just so happen to have a move that you're weak to so have fun restarting up to 10 floors of the same copy and paste dungeon. then there's the ai which is just plain awful because they really can screw you over just to the point where they will waste turns by attacking an enemy that don't get affected by that type of move. then theres the endless amounts of rng that will ****ing kill you because **** you thats why.
#72 Posted: 01:49:41 06/05/2017
I finally finished watching P5 AND I CAN POP OPEN THIS CHAMPAGNE OF SPOILER LINKS I'VE SAVED

I'll probably post thoughts tomorrow I'm way too hyped to be reasonable

edit: tl;dr game is great, plot is amazing, a few downfalls and the sound design bothered me but otherwise fun from beginning to end

big positives:
-oh my god the writing. Everything in this game is relevant, not one important-sounding thing goes unnoticed, and very few parts feel hamfisted or go nowhere
-the character interaction is so much better than in P4. Maybe they don't stand out as much and are "normal" compared to the other teams, they don't overuse quirks or have characters overstay their welcome(yes, even Ryuji, as plot endangering as he was it was pretty funny to see him be smart in all the situations the team expected disappointment) and their events feel like friendship rather than 'oh man I'm glad the MC put us in this situation'
--And everyone matters! I barely remember non-major social links from the other games(except one or other with REALLY good stories) because they don't matter when they arrive or when they leave except for fusion bonus. More than the bonuses from every Confidant, anyone you encounter/max out eventually appears in the story or sends you messages and makes an impact.
-The gameplay changes everyone loved, no different here. From making everything faster without removing the catharsis factor, to little improvements that remove a lot of frustration(boss retries are a godsend). The introduction of Psi and Frei is also pretty nifty since before you had little to no reason to invest in statuses.
-Dungeon design is great, but coming from copy pasted RNG areas it's not thaaat much of an improvement; even Mementos has more than two color schemes and changes assets around.
-Story is a+++. It was a ruse cruise but what a ride; so much good stuff like when you notice Goro was never meant to be the twist, but that your party holds nothing back as soon as they suspect something. The moral is also really good and more realistic in application, since in the end they don't magically get Personas back to solve all their problems and have to rely on their newfound smarts; looking at you P4 spinoffs.

cons:
-Everything to do with Goro after the ending choice threshold. It's SO obvious that they cut content from him for the updated release and the result is that his next few twists go by way too fast and he dies/escapes with no one caring any further. It's worse than Adachi since you already get a good glimpse at how screwed up the kid is, but you're never allowed to do anything about it or dig a bit deeper; not to mention everything to do with the failed Wildcard and his ability to permanently Rage things. You bet he's going to get a January dungeon in a few years or be the central plot for Persona 5 Arena but I don't want to waaaait
-by extension, the gap between Shido's Palace and Qlipoth. The previous games treated this buildup to the climax SO well, but probably for the Christmas deadline the game just throws all this plot in your face at high speeds and you're given no time to absorb it, the worst offender being the conspiracy from the politicians getting two cutscenes and then shoved out for the outer scope plot. Easily a point that P3 and P4 unfortunately still do better.
-Sound design. The music is GREAT, maybe too few tracks, but the SFX and the actual placement of the songs is just ugh. Lots of loud noises that get repeated over and over, music changing to another far too quick, LOOKING COOL JOKER all the goddamn time when this is obviously a script that'll repeat in the entire game. Some soundbites make no sense in the non-voiced sentence and feel misplaced.
-no gay option more than ever. Even Akira's dialogue choices for Yusuke(also one of the possible classroom dreams) clearly show he'd be into it and you're not allowed
-Ruse Cruise is fun and all but the Rat puzzle. Why. It was actually entertaining until it became shortcut hell, not even Akira desperately trying to climb doors with the status could save it.

mixed:
-Joker/Akira/MC is both a blessing and a curse. I love that the games ditched the 'player as character' facade and just put you in the shoes of this showoff snarky kid, but you have to dig in and observe his reactions to really know what he's like and what he'll mostly likely show in the adaptations. But god damn this guy is thirsty except for Futaba he wastes no time and it's pretty awkward
-All cameos except for Tanaka being mentions. It's less dev time, sure, but it's freaking Tokyo. Wouldn't the team bump into SOMEONE from the previous games,especially the Shadow Operatives as they'd be the first to suspect what the Metaverse truly is? There's even a DLC costume themed after them, I don't get it.
-Robin Hood is a trash tier Persona. I was expecting him to be a purposefully butchered and badly inspired design, but no, he's on the artbook alongside Loki. Except for the tunic and the bow(which he doesn't even use) he really missed the mark. Considering Adachi's Joker social link it's odd that they didn't give Goro a straight up fake Persona to go along with his Featherman outfit.

---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 21:07:15 06/05/2017 by Bifrost
#73 Posted: 16:33:47 08/05/2017
Small bump but the Goropocalypse was the best missed meme holy ****
The hype on 4chan was so out of control even the game couldn't predit enough how people would react to him("akechi is bae" barely describes that mess)

Best part about the out of context spoilers is that by digging around you find out there are three Goros, but the one in Sae's palace is never seen since the team beats him up offscreen despite her cognition of a nice harmless kid
Darn missing secret dialogue is always painful in date-relevant games like this

Either way looking up stuff the LPer missed is an adventure in itself here, not to mention the memes
---
#74 Posted: 02:42:20 11/05/2017
spoilers
#75 Posted: 00:35:23 23/05/2017
[User Posted Image]

WEAK
-0 HP noise-

Also, someone got the audio files for the characters, Joker has a TON of unused files that are either alternate readings of existing lines or voice clips for activities.

While Xander straight up screws up in some and sounds like Sonic, kinda wish that most of these stayed in. It's not like it's one line for everything like Morgana, he has at least two variations for most situations.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:14:05 23/05/2017 by Bifrost
#76 Posted: 23:15:23 02/06/2017
Bump again because someone randomized the game and

hoo boy

The game also crashes a bunch or spawns a blank enemy group so expect to be skipping ahead a lot.

2:26:40 for Joker and Goro versus the Goro Gangbang
After that it's just the second Goropocalypse the game doesn't want any other enemy spawn
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:52:10 02/06/2017 by Bifrost
#77 Posted: 23:21:07 30/07/2017
Persona 5 Anime announced at yesterday's Atlus music event(I think)! Same team as Daybreakers, A-1, which isn't good news, but hey atbleast we know we're getting it next year.
---
#78 Posted: 01:04:25 31/07/2017
The animation in Daybreakers was meh imo. Still excited as helll
---
My life is complete.
abstractsardine Gold Sparx Gems: 2244
#79 Posted: 12:47:07 02/08/2017
I'm screaming!

#80 Posted: 12:52:40 02/08/2017
Atlus ****ing did it, the absolute madman.

But hey, no one's left out now. You BOTH get unfitting dance games as well! /s

You finally stopped Erebus and saved Minato for THIS, Aigis?

I joke, it's probably non-canon or time-travel.

Any excuse for P3 high res models is a good one at this rate.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:55:19 02/08/2017 by Bifrost
#81 Posted: 14:44:59 02/08/2017
omg I need it so bad
#82 Posted: 15:58:27 02/08/2017
Q2 was leaked a few days ago, and still no footage. Dem Catherine Engine P3 models are lot more eyecatching : P
---
#83 Posted: 20:54:33 02/08/2017
where's my persona 5 coffee and pancakes D:
abstractsardine Gold Sparx Gems: 2244
#84 Posted: 23:51:11 02/08/2017

-----
#85 Posted: 05:25:46 05/08/2017 | Topic Creator
Ok but Persona 3 HD Remake WHEN
---
words. letters. filler.
#86 Posted: 13:15:47 05/08/2017
^ OMG PLEASE

also p4 golden on PS4 while you're at it smilie
---
My life is complete.
#87 Posted: 16:41:04 31/08/2017
Now your hedgehog/fox/bear/dog OCs can be Phantom Thieves too!

What the ****. I know both are SEGA, but Yakuza themed stuff seemed more likely than purse owner in Sonic Forces.
---
#88 Posted: 11:11:49 01/09/2017
P4 Golden on PS4 so I can have the complete version of 4 and lower the price of P5 in canada to atleast 40 to 60$ not 79,99$,why is that game pricing refusing to drop?
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#89 Posted: 11:52:32 01/09/2017
Quote: fyra
P4 Golden on PS4 so I can have the complete version of 4 and lower the price of P5 in canada to atleast 40 to 60$ not 79,99$,why is that game pricing refusing to drop?

Ever heard of Atlus tax? You also don't need to post it on every slightly relevant thread, no one here's a representative that can make a sale.
---
#90 Posted: 12:49:05 01/09/2017
Finally reached 11/21 in P5.

Hoo boy.
---
My life is complete.
#91 Posted: 14:30:08 01/09/2017
Never heard of that Atlus tax and will hope that overtime the price eventually drop,why do that company get a special tax?
---
#92 Posted: 14:31:06 01/09/2017
It's a joke. Atlus games are overpriced and take a good while to have a sale.
---
#93 Posted: 15:05:21 01/09/2017
Oh I get it,wonder why they are so overpriced...
---
#94 Posted: 22:24:24 26/09/2017
Atlus JP's draconian LP restrictions sound too optimistic? Atlus USA is finally able to breathe? Well think not, my dear costumer, how about we offer you a nice false DMCA?

https://www.reddit.com/r/emula...s_to_shut_down/

And when Patreon tells them to knock it off and helps the emulator devs get out of trouble, let's make some bull**** about how PC gaming is the inferior way to play Persona 5 despite the fact PS3 and several of their ports can run just as poorly!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games..._and_emulation/

YHVH almighty. This is like the japanese equivalent of internet bickering - no everything we do is perfect, don't even dare touch it in a way that makes it different you're inherently wrong
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 22:26:34 26/09/2017 by Bifrost
#95 Posted: 00:25:15 30/09/2017
I have no issue at all with the ps3 version
---
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me