Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Doctor Who
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#51 Posted: 03:34:17 24/01/2016
Quote: Rendar
Quote: StriderSwag
I just think he will because it's so long between then and now. Capaldi said in an interview his time may be drawing closer to a close anyway. I REALLY don't want him to go but it seems like the Doctors go when the showrunner leaves. Not with Classic Who I guess... I kind of wish they would let Capaldi work on an episode too actually. He's such a huge fan of the classic show that I'd love to see him come up with some stuff for it.

Yeah, that makes sense. I hope he doesn't leave until after Moffat's been gone for a while, I'd love to watch him under a different writer..

On the topic of the 2017 season, isn't Peter Jackson supposed to direct one then?

He might. They did that joke video with Capaldi showing up at Peter Jackson's house and stuff but I don't know if he will do it for the next season or not. That'd be pretty awesome though...

I thought it was confirmed?
Rendar Platinum Sparx Gems: 6473
#52 Posted: 10:27:58 24/01/2016
It was never confirmed, just hinted at.
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12132
#53 Posted: 16:26:25 25/01/2016
Quote: TTD
We still have one more season with Moffat though and won't get the new guy until 2018...

I'm actually quite looking forward to Moffat's final season, I feel that he's probably gonna go all out on it and the finale will most definitely be one to remember. He isn't gonna let his 'legacy season' be a lackluster one. I just hope that Capaldi sticks around.

I do too. From what I've seen, Capaldi is a GREAT Doctor, he just wasn't written well imo.

why do you say that
#54 Posted: 16:53:26 25/01/2016
Quote: Carmelita Fox
Quote: TTD

I'm actually quite looking forward to Moffat's final season, I feel that he's probably gonna go all out on it and the finale will most definitely be one to remember. He isn't gonna let his 'legacy season' be a lackluster one. I just hope that Capaldi sticks around.

I do too. From what I've seen, Capaldi is a GREAT Doctor, he just wasn't written well imo.

why do you say that

Let me rephrase that, he has the POTENTIAL to be a great Doctor. Capaldi is a fantastic actor, and if Moffat weren't the one writing him, he'd be one of my favorites. There's a lot Capaldi brings to the table, acting-wise, he's just underutilized and poorly written.
#55 Posted: 17:06:31 25/01/2016

why do you say that

Let me rephrase that, he has the POTENTIAL to be a great Doctor. Capaldi is a fantastic actor, and if Moffat weren't the one writing him, he'd be one of my favorites. There's a lot Capaldi brings to the table, acting-wise, he's just underutilized and poorly written.

But what in particular do you not like about how Capaldi is being written? What are your gripes about him?
#56 Posted: 17:37:54 25/01/2016

why do you say that

But what in particular do you not like about how Capaldi is being written? What are your gripes about him?

I just don't like Moffat's way of writing. He tends to try to shake up the status quo of the show for what feels like no real reason (i.e. sonic sunglasses), then gets whiny when it isn't well received.
While Moffat does have some fairly good episodes imo (like The Eleventh Hour, The Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang, The Angels Take Manhattan, The Day of the Doctor), it just feels like he has more cons than pros. I'd much rather if someone like Mark Gatiss took up writing on the series.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:41:54 25/01/2016 by StriderSwag
#57 Posted: 18:14:07 25/01/2016

I just don't like Moffat's way of writing. He tends to try to shake up the status quo of the show for what feels like no real reason (i.e. sonic sunglasses), then gets whiny when it isn't well received.
While Moffat does have some fairly good episodes imo (like The Eleventh Hour, The Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang, The Angels Take Manhattan, The Day of the Doctor), it just feels like he has more cons than pros. I'd much rather if someone like Mark Gatiss took up writing on the series.

I like the sonic sunglasses and I'm not a huge fan of Angels Take Manhattan. I also don't like a lot of Mark Gatiss' episodes... So I really disagree with you on that. And I still don't really see what you don't like about Capaldi's writing other than the sunglasses now. And the status quo is meant to be broken, it's Doctor Who. It can do just about anything.
#58 Posted: 20:30:47 25/01/2016
i want the Rani to come back as jeff goldblum
#59 Posted: 16:08:32 26/01/2016
Damn, it looks like Capaldi might be leaving after all...
TTD Hunter Gems: 6213
#60 Posted: 16:12:03 26/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Oh no, hopefully he doesn't. We had rumours that Matt would be leaving in season 6 though and that David would leave at the end of season 2 so I've learned not to trust these kind of articles.
#61 Posted: 20:57:26 01/02/2016
tfw we will never get a modern male companion who's not just an attachment of a female companion
#62 Posted: 04:51:24 02/02/2016
tfw we will never get a modern male companion who's not just an attachment of a female companion

Yeah... I say we petition! Bring back Jamie!
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#63 Posted: 21:47:29 07/02/2016
Maybe they could bring back Jack Harkness as a full time companion. He doesn't have his own show anymore, his actor wants to come back, and the Doctor's currently old enough that he will contrast nicely with Jack's younger appearance.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#64 Posted: 22:18:18 07/02/2016

Agreed! ^ ^
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#65 Posted: 04:19:21 11/02/2016
Quote: Badwolfmichael

Agreed! ^ ^

I can understand your qualms and gripes about Moffat, but thankfully he's apparently leaving after series ten, I believe they already announced a new showrunner, Chris something? I also heard Capaldi was leaving after series 10 but I'm not sure if that's accurate.
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#66 Posted: 22:39:11 12/02/2016
Don't know any other place for this, so I'm posting it here.

[User Posted Image]

New Doctor Who Funko Pop confirmed.
---
Dead
#67 Posted: 09:58:44 02/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Rumour has it that Rakhee Thakrar could be the next companion.

[User Posted Image]

Quote: Radio Times
The hunt is still on for a new companion to join Peter Capaldi in the Tardis for the next series of Doctor Who – and one name who could be in the frame for the part is Rakhee Thakrar, known to EastEnders fans as Shabnam Masood.

It is understood that Thakrar, who left EastEnders in February, is on a list of actresses in the frame to replace Jenna Coleman in the coveted role.

According to a source, auditions are poised to begin for the part with Thakrar – who won plaudits from the soap’s producers and fans – in line for an audience with the producers.

Neither the BBC nor Thakrar's agents would comment on the speculation, but if – and it’s a big if – she gets the gig, she would be the first non-white main companion since Freema Agyeman’s medic Martha Jones left David Tennant’s side back in 2008. But time will tell. As it so often does with Doctor Who…
#68 Posted: 17:54:51 23/04/2016
Apperently the new companion was announced!

Trailer.

---
Dead
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:08:50 23/04/2016 by mega spyro
#69 Posted: 21:03:47 23/04/2016
^

- - -
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#70 Posted: 21:09:38 23/04/2016
Well.

I wasn't expecting that.
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#71 Posted: 01:50:43 26/04/2016
im happy with the new campanion
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
#72 Posted: 13:40:33 01/06/2016
which doctor would you want to be a companion to
i'd say maybe two because he's chill
#73 Posted: 15:57:02 01/06/2016
Quote: mega spyro
Don't know any other place for this, so I'm posting it here.

[User Posted Image]

New Doctor Who Funko Pop confirmed.

Funko usually keeps it round, I wonder why there's only 5???

Eleven, Ten, or Four because they're all super fun and I'm lame and unoriginal.
aran Emerald Sparx Gems: 4040
#74 Posted: 03:34:46 02/06/2016
very good amv/ trailer
#75 Posted: 04:11:10 07/06/2016

Wow that's a difficult question. I think maybe 8 because he was just such a great guy and since I only know him from his movie, the minisode, and the audio drama's, I would be able to get to know him better.
#76 Posted: 00:59:45 04/09/2016
So i just rewatched Heaven Sent, and I'm still confused with what happened at the end (obvious spoilers below):

So the Doctor's last confession, to get through that wall of Azbantium (the stuff 20 times harder than diamond), had to be who the hybrid is, right? So then why at the end of the episode, after the kid he told to go back to the city is gone does he say: "I know you can probably still hear me," and then say "The Hybrid, destined to conquer Gallifrey and stand in its ruins, is Me." Why did it have to be kept secret for 4.5 billion years if he just says it right after he gets out of there?

Also, more new Doctor Who Funko Pops:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

(Sorry for the 3 month bump by the way)
---
Dead
#77 Posted: 18:07:36 14/11/2016
Double post, but this is important.

If you're in the US, today theaters are playing the animated version of Power of the Daleks (the Second Doctor's first story). If you click this link, hit change location, and put your zipped in, you can find out which terriers near you are playing it.

But if you miss it today and have BBC America, it will air then on November 19th.
---
Dead
#78 Posted: 18:46:07 14/11/2016
I'm going to be at the showing in St. Louis today.
#79 Posted: 06:11:03 15/11/2016
I saw it. It was pretty good. Some of the animation is a little iffy, like a hand moving in a physically impossible way and Ben's face in it... Ben looked creepy. But otherwise, the story was fantastic.
#80 Posted: 07:10:54 15/11/2016
It was amazing, but there were some people in the theater I wish weren't there, because they'd laugh at literally nothing. The Doctor said fit once, so then for the next minute and a half the dumbness were just repeating "Fruit!" "FRUIT!!!!!!" "FRUIT! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!"

Did anyone else notice some nice mess-ups, like how Ben's pocket messed up once and just kind of started scrolling along the screen?

Is it just me or does it seem like they don't know how to animate walking really well? At times the characters just kind of bobbed up and down across the screen.
---
Dead
#81 Posted: 07:28:31 15/11/2016
Yeah I noticed the walking was kind of weird. I know they only had 6 months to make this and it was a pretty large project. I laughed at the fruit line a little bit but the giggling ended really fast after that. I was with one other person and a guy on the ground had his hand laying really weird. The person I was with was trying to imitate how the hand was and we broke out in laughter at that for a few seconds. I had a pretty good time, though there were maybe 20 people there tops.
#82 Posted: 16:08:27 16/11/2016 | Topic Creator
I got to meet David Bradley (From an Adventure in Time and Space) recently

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

And I also met some of the main cast from Torchwood

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
#83 Posted: 22:31:20 25/12/2016 | Topic Creator
So the Christmas special was amazing!

And the trailer for season 10 looks even better, I'm loving the looks of Bill. I'm getting a Donna and Rose vibe from her...

#84 Posted: 22:33:55 25/12/2016
The christmas special hasn't aired here yet, but I'm looking forward to it.
---
Dead
#85 Posted: 23:40:11 30/01/2017
Series 10 will be airing on April 15th, and (kind of a big spoiler?)
---
Dead
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:51:35 30/01/2017 by mega spyro
#86 Posted: 00:02:43 31/01/2017 | Topic Creator

Really upset by the spoiler!

Now I guess it's predictions time to guess who will play the next doctor.

I'd love Matt Ryan to play the next doctor. He has been featured in a role in the Doctor Who universe before, playing a character in torchwood. I thinl he'd be great in the show.

If you're unfamiliar with him, here's a non-spoilerific clip of him in another show.
#87 Posted: 00:20:39 31/01/2017
Spoiler

Didn't Tom Baker have a line in The Day Of The Doctor talking about regeneration, saying how the Doctor might "try on some old favorites?" I seem to remember Paul McGann said before that he would like to play the Doctor again.

Quote: Wikipedia
After the release of the mini-episode, fans of Doctor Who demanded a Doctor Who spin-off featuring Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor, multi-Doctor stories between McGann and Peter Capaldi's Twelfth Doctor, or further specials or mini-episodes with McGann.[17] A petition for a spin-off passed the goal of 15,000 signatures in November 2013, but extended the goal to 25,000 and has since then surpassed 20,000 signatures.[18] Paul McGann indicated his willingness to return and noted that he had signed the petition himself."

I think it would be great if we got to see McGann's Doctor, since the only on screen appearances he's ever had were just a movie and a short, but but at the same time I would also love to see a female Doctor. I just hope they don't spoil who the next doctor is before the christmas special.

EDIT:
Now a bunch of news sources are saying that he hinted at a female successor, but I didn't see that anywhere.
---
Dead
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:29:08 31/01/2017 by mega spyro
#88 Posted: 18:31:45 31/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Allons-y

Yeah he did! I could see David Tennant returning eventually, I'm not sure how busy his schedule is. I know he's got a new season of broadchurch coming out soon but that shouldn't effect his schedule too much.
It would be quite cook to see Paul too, he played a great doctor. Just a shame that the Doctor Who movie wasn't the best of quality to say the least. There are always rumors of a female successor so I wouldn't place too many bets on that smilie
#89 Posted: 07:00:25 07/04/2017
I very much doubt the Doctor will EVER be played by the same actor more than once on a regular basis. Maybe Big Finish... I think Paul McGann would be great for an episode where he comes back by way of time travel. The current Doctor runs into 8 and has to pretend he isn't the Doctor or hide from him. Or a multi-Doctor story with him...
#90 Posted: 07:24:51 07/04/2017
John Simms is returning as the master for series 10, maybe as a regeneration somehow or something a la The Curator but I could not be more excited about this.

Matt Ryan would be a great doctor tbh

I'm reeeeally glad Moffat's leaving, while 11 was my first and favorite Doctor (Next to 10 and 8) Moffat really ****ed things up and I kept trying to lie to myself that I liked series 8-9 but god did I hate the writing for Capaldi's run, Moffat did well with his first series imo but after that it was like k but why (Although Matt's exit is the best thing in Doctor Who ever so)

I don't know how to feel about them bringing on Chris Chibnall cuz I hated every episode he wrote and that makes me super scared cuz I just thought they were suuuuper boring and not fun, they should've got someone from Davies run or hired someone who hadn't done Doctor Who yet or maybe someone who wrote hit episodes, but I'll stay optimistic. I just reeeallly hope we get a new show feel, like it's obvious what a Davies episode is and a Moffat episode is, I'm hoping we can tell the difference between a Moffat and a Chibnall

i just want fans to stop hating the show, I see a lot of hate on how it's not good anymore and i want them to stop feeling that way cuz I kinda agree with them. I remember crying when I almost missed Matt's last episode and then series 8 came out and sometimes I wouldn't watch for weeks, we need the magic back.

I was also one of the people who hated Clarawho and Clara in general with Capaldi, she was so generic and it seemed she was just there to please feminists at times but maybe I'm reading into it.

Anyways I'm super excited to find out who the next Doctor is, my candidates are Matt Ryan, Tom Felton (But I feel that'd seem like it's pandering to a younger female audience cuz sex appeal), and maybe Tom Hiddleston
(Or Karl Pilkington, bonus points if you know who that is without looking it up)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:25:34 07/04/2017 by Lunarz
#91 Posted: 15:28:35 07/04/2017
Quote: Lunarz
John Simms is returning as the master for series 10, maybe as a regeneration somehow or something a la The Curator but I could not be more excited about this.

I'm hoping it's more like when it's a multi Doctor story, where he and missy team up or meet by chance due to time travel. We've already seen missy in a teaser, so it's not like Simms' master will just be the newest regeneration for the next season. And the Doctor Who Twitter had a quote from him say "thanks to the power of time travel, I'm back," so I think it will just be only for an episode or two. I was just thinking the other day how logically, it's odd for the Doctor and the Master to always meet in the right order, when since they have time machines, they should be showing up all over the place.

Quote: Lunarz
i just want fans to stop hating the show, I see a lot of hate on how it's not good anymore and i want them to stop feeling that way cuz I kinda agree with them. I remember crying when I almost missed Matt's last episode and then series 8 came out and sometimes I wouldn't watch for weeks, we need the magic back.

To me it seems like fans of the show complain more about people who absolutely hate the show with a burning passion. I've seen a couple people on youtube comments under the traillers and on Doctor who Fansites getting so upset over a minor redesign of the "Pull to Open" panel on the door. I didn't even notice there was any difference, but these people were so upset by it. They didn't seem to be joking either, just "I HATE this new TARDIS. Moffat needs to stop messing with small details!!11!!!!" and of course how "Missy is the worst Master ever and needs to regenerate back into a man immediately," and other stupid complaints. And of course "Bill is the worst companion ever, I hate her already," even though not a single episode with her has aired yet. It seems like no matter what happens, fans will complain about it, even if it's as minor as a font change on a door.

Only 8 days until the new series airs, I hope it will be even better than the last one.
---
Dead
Spyrobaby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4254
#92 Posted: 22:48:51 16/04/2017
The main reason I didn't enjoy the show as much recently is because I just really really disliked Clara. But the newest episode was great and I like Bill.

Also has anyone watched Class? I love it and even got to meet two of the main cast members smilie
---
The darkness only stays at nighttime, in the morning it'll fade away. Daylight's good at arriving at the right time, it's not always going to be this grey~
#93 Posted: 11:15:14 17/04/2017
Series 8, I hated it from the start, it never felt like Doctor Who.
Series 9, I tried to convince myself so hard I liked it...
Series 10.........From the very first second...
Well, I have a good feeling about Series 10.

Also it's not 100% confirmed but apparently our 13 is
Kris Marshall

In the word's of The Doctor, and I'm paraphrasing of course; I don't want him to go...
---
#94 Posted: 14:20:17 16/05/2017
been watching series 10. i was originally apprehensive about this series but i've been pleasantly surprised so far. bill is very likeable, it's good to have a companion who asks a lot of questions.
#95 Posted: 14:22:46 16/07/2017
Major spoilers if you haven't seen the latest episode or haven't been keeping up with any sort of Doctor Who news.

The next Doctor is going to be revealed today, after Wimbleton:

---
Dead
#96 Posted: 15:35:20 16/07/2017
Massive spoiler

---
Dead
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:35:48 16/07/2017 by mega spyro
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#97 Posted: 15:53:48 16/07/2017

Don't watch the show, but I don't see much issue with this. Reading the comments makes me confused...
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#98 Posted: 15:57:43 16/07/2017
I haven't watched Doctor Who in years. I might've stopped after the 10th Doctor left Rose with a clone of himself to age. I did see one episode with the 11th Doctor when he and his crew were trapped in a weird hotel place that manifests their fears, I think before his lady friend was left back on Earth.

Personally, I find the 13th Doctor being female being cool but I hope she's as brave, quirky and eccentric like most of the others, especially that time the 11th Doctor decided to wear a fez.

Too bad the Man-Babies have come out to throw their temper tantrums again. After the new Star Wars films and the Ghostbusters reboot, you think they would be tired but no. Doctor Who has robot dogs, weird boxed robots exterminating things and stoned angel aliens and somehow a female Doctor is ridiculous?
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#99 Posted: 16:06:03 16/07/2017
Quote: TheToyNerd

Don't watch the show, but I don't see much issue with this. Reading the comments makes me confused...

It's been established many times that a Time Lord can change their gender, people are just getting butthurt because it happened. I've seen lot's of people complaining about how Doctor Who is trying to brainwash kids into being trans. Some people are ****ing insane.

"wah something changed i don't like it worst decision ever" - half of Doctor Who fans, apparently.
---
Dead
#100 Posted: 16:33:01 16/07/2017 | Topic Creator
I absolutely love the casting of the 13th doctor.

I can't believe people are actually quitting watching Doctor Who for casting a female doctor. People can accept a shape shifting alien that travels to universe in a wooden box... but can't accept a female being cast as the Doctor smilie

Anyway here's the teaser trailer for Season 11:

First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me