darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Spoiler Discussion Topic (*SPOILERS*)
First | Previous | Page 5 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Spoiler Discussion Topic (*SPOILERS*) [STICKY]
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#201 Posted: 02:12:02 03/10/2015
I was referring to the comic which has them on the cover.
I think that's an issue which is reserved for those who preordered something (not sure but I do remember it's tied to some kind of promotion).

I'm not sure if that will be canon as well.
If they will be canon then I'll simply have to bring back my old critics towards them which were at least temporarily held back by the fact I considered them as being pure gameplay features.

We'll see.

Oh I wish the same!
Really loved this game and would like to play with you. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#202 Posted: 02:24:11 03/10/2015
Quote: Drek95
No.
Skymiibos are not canon outside of what regards the Multiverse, until we are shown evidence of the opposite.

A cameo in a comic doesn't make them canon and really doesn't add anything to the fact they have been called to the Skylands to help fighting Kaos.
But, you know, it's cool having them starring in a comic just like it's cool having them playable on the Nintendo consoles.

Nothing more, as of now.

Regarding Rift Engines... Did Donkey Kong and Bowser used the same ones as Stealth Elf and Eruptor or are there more Engines per Element...?

Ahh yes the good old Drek. Doing anything to prove skymiibos are not canon.

ACCEPT IT.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#203 Posted: 02:28:08 03/10/2015
I have no problem accepting it.
But please, show me some true evidence.

That cameo is the most plausible one we've had so far but it's just not enought for me yet.

Oh and proving they are fully included in the canon will simply make me hate the concept even more. smilie
Separate dimensions for separate consoles?
Wii U being the ultimate version of the Skylands...?
Yeah, sure.

For the first time in the series I simply see "money" as the only answer.
And fanboysm too of course.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:29:00 03/10/2015 by Drek95
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#204 Posted: 02:35:03 03/10/2015
Quote: Drawdler
Does it really matter? They probably won't serve a big role outside of their comic.

Hell, I don't even consider the comics canon (I know they officially are, I just don't like them so I ignore them).

They didn't serve to big of a role IN their comic. smilie
---
Hahahahaha
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#205 Posted: 02:35:19 03/10/2015
Well,ignoring the comics as canon is having a headcanon... And this is getting meta so I won't go into it.

RIO isn't even that much other than bridging the gap between TT and SC. Return of the Dragon King was where it's at with the action and the characterization,and with the Malefor and Calliope Skystones,that's all the canon confirmation I need.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#206 Posted: 02:40:11 03/10/2015
I don't care a lot about the Skymiibos either but really.. seriously.. they are canon. No use in trying to figure up some explanation for why they aren't canon, or the Wii U is a different "universe". ;>.>...
#207 Posted: 02:46:48 03/10/2015
Some Nightfall gameplay at 11:30. Yes I'm looking for anything I can get,even if it's in german and the commentary is a bit too loud.

Her hair just seems to frequently glitch the heck out. Well,it's the price to pay for making an entire character's body part made of particles.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:48:22 03/10/2015 by Bifrost
#208 Posted: 03:01:41 03/10/2015
Her hair actually remember me of a Sea Shadow mod, the one with a green propeller and "tentacles"-like appendages at the end of it which could easily be dark matter as well.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#209 Posted: 03:26:23 03/10/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael
I don't care a lot about the Skymiibos either but really.. seriously.. they are canon. No use in trying to figure up some explanation for why they aren't canon, or the Wii U is a different "universe". ;>.>...

This!
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#210 Posted: 03:41:50 03/10/2015

I see a pun in this post.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#211 Posted: 13:08:05 03/10/2015
Sorry, Drek, Skymiibos are 100%, totally canon.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#212 Posted: 16:25:16 03/10/2015
Quote: Bionichute

Yeah, and the Wii U version is different because bananas.
And koopas.

I'll say it again, show me some evidence which isn't a cameo or a comic which might not be canon.
Then I'll believe you.
And I'll start complaining again for how stupid that idea is and how badly it was executed.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#213 Posted: 16:32:00 03/10/2015

And koopas.

I'll say it again, show me some evidence which isn't a cameo or a comic which might not be canon.
Then I'll believe you.
And I'll start complaining again for how stupid that idea is and how badly it was executed.

It's just like Marvels universes.

There's 2 Skylander universes at the least, the Nintendo and the normal version. The question I have, is the 3DS SSA and STT canon? You never see anything about Hecktor, in the Consol versions, and also the 3DS STT would make it seem as if the Traptainium shards were never sent to Earth...
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#214 Posted: 16:35:25 03/10/2015
Hektore dies at the end of SSA 3DS and Traptanium Shards were in console as well,just several meters bigger.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:35:38 03/10/2015 by Bifrost
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#215 Posted: 17:07:18 03/10/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Hektore dies at the end of SSA 3DS and Traptanium Shards were in console as well,just several meters bigger.

Yeah but he's never mentioned... Neither are the Shattered Isles in general. The only thing in the franchise that even references it is the presence of the shattering sigil on the SSA and SG portals.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#216 Posted: 17:14:14 03/10/2015
And the shattering sigil itself just seems to be a letter anyway - you can see in the Land of the Undead Prision brochure and other things throught the franchise that it's part of the rune language. But it's probably because,being VV's veeeeery first venture into the franchise, they probably just let go of anything pre-SF including the OTHER faraway continent. Not that the continent had any useful lore anyway,nowadays people get Radiance from Lost Islands so it lost its purpose.
---
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#217 Posted: 13:44:01 05/10/2015

And koopas.

Then I'll believe you.

here's all the proof you need: they have backstories that fit into the canon. If they weren't canon, they wouldn't need to explain how or why they got into skylands, since they bothered to, therefore they must be canon! Because if they weren't, they wouldn't need to come up with half-baked excuses for them to COME to skylands, they would've left it unexplained, just like the Fire Emblem Characters in Agents of S.T.E.A.M., because you don't need to explain something if it never happened smilie
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#218 Posted: 13:56:51 05/10/2015
Quote: juarmo

And koopas.

Then I'll believe you.

here's all the proof you need: they have backstories that fit into the canon. If they weren't canon, they wouldn't need to explain how or why they got into skylands, since they bothered to, therefore they must be canon! Because if they weren't, they wouldn't need to come up with half-baked excuses for them to COME to skylands, they would've left it unexplained, just like the Fire Emblem Characters in Agents of S.T.E.A.M., because you don't need to explain something if it never happened smilie

There was also a special comic book you got from gamestop or something that featured them. The comics, including that one, are all indeed 100% canon.
#219 Posted: 14:05:06 05/10/2015
Comics are canon because they share the writer with the games(David confirmed it over twitter). The only things with questionable canon are the books, because of some backstory changes(even from Giants), and David implying Hex is much younger than what Mask of Power says.
---
#220 Posted: 14:23:56 05/10/2015

And koopas.

Then I'll believe you.

I agree, they perfectly fit the canon backstories-wise.
That cannot be denied.

Fine, they are canon.
And since they are canon I can finally say the are one of the (if not the) worst concepts this series has ever had.
And not only that, they have also been executed terribly and have only been born because of some childish fanboysm.

They are against the lore and what this franchise is under many points of view.
They could have simply left them as pure gameplay extras for Nintendo consoles but nooooo, of course if you are dealing with characters such as Bowser and Donkey Kong you have to make much more out of them...

I cannot wait to have PlayStation and XBOX exclusive guest stars inside future Starter Packs as well instead of brand new universal Skylanders!
It will be great to play as Kratos or Master Chief inside their own exclusive versions of the Skylands!

"Nintendo is where our fans are"...?
Then at least give them Spitfire instead of Stealth Elf n°36...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:26:17 05/10/2015 by Drek95
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#221 Posted: 14:45:41 05/10/2015

And koopas.

Then I'll believe you.

I agree, they perfectly fit the canon backstories-wise.
That cannot be denied.

Fine, they are canon.
And since they are canon I can finally say the are one of the (if not the) worst concepts this series has ever had.
And not only that, they have also been executed terribly and have only been born because of some childish fanboysm.

They are against the lore and what this franchise is under many points of view.
They could have simply left them as pure gameplay extras for Nintendo consoles but nooooo, of course if you are dealing with characters such as Bowser and Donkey Kong you have to make much more out of them...

I cannot wait to have PlayStation and XBOX exclusive guest stars inside future Starter Packs as well instead of brand new universal Skylanders!
It will be great to play as Kratos or Master Chief inside their own exclusive versions of the Skylands!

"Nintendo is where our fans are"...?
Then at least give them Spitfire instead of Stealth Elf n°36...

Well a majority of Skylanders fans are on Nintendo consoles.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#222 Posted: 14:47:49 05/10/2015
Yeah but their wording on interviews sounded like multiplataform was almost not worth it. Just look at the amount of PS4 players this year, and ironically for now Nightfall is only playable there. WiiU only for benefits still was a disservice to the rest.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:48:22 05/10/2015 by Bifrost
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#223 Posted: 15:11:16 05/10/2015
Yeah but their wording on interviews sounded like multiplataform was almost not worth it. Just look at the amount of PS4 players this year, and ironically for now Nightfall is only playable there. WiiU only for benefits still was a disservice to the rest.

This sudden Wii U love might be too little too late. Many Wii owners may have decided on a new platform, and given Wii U's lackluster start... <shrug>

It would tickle me pink if Skylanders primary hardware platform (from a sales perspective) could move off of the Nintendo platform.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:11:37 05/10/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#224 Posted: 15:20:26 05/10/2015
Console favoritism aside,the WiiU love did wonders for the sales probably, but the fears seem to have come true with one look at known LPers trying out the game - they aren't here to stay, they're here for Bows and DK and won't even bat an eye even if they work next game. Sad that TFB will take the hit even if they do their marketing right and fair; while VV will stay the favorite even if the decision attracted right for the wrong reasons.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:20:44 05/10/2015 by Bifrost
#225 Posted: 15:25:05 05/10/2015
Console favoritism aside,the WiiU love did wonders for the sales probably, but the fears seem to have come true with one look at known LPers trying out the game - they aren't here to stay, they're here for Bows and DK and won't even bat an eye even if they work next game. Sad that TFB will take the hit even if they do their marketing right and fair; while VV will stay the favorite even if the decision attracted right for the wrong reasons.

Yeah some people don't even care what this game is about as long as Bowser and Donkey Kong are in it.

And I also agree with the last part.
Something similar is already happening since I heard from some users it's TfB's fault if traps aren't fully supported in SuperChargers...
Really...? smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#226 Posted: 15:35:33 05/10/2015
Well, people agree TT had the best lineup less than they remember too many toys and Traptanium Gates. The marketing as well was pretty good, you'd actually check the official channel for random new stuff instead of scraps in events if you were lucky.
---
#227 Posted: 15:41:24 05/10/2015
I'll cover that in my upcoming "review" but yeah, they indeed screwed up the collection/toys aspect this year.

Not only they took away and changed certain aspects (like cards or bases for example) but they also made bad distribution and packaging mistakes.
Too many types of Starter Packs containing exclusive figures and revamps packed along expansion pieces.

Trap Team was a great game but SuperChargers is objectively better under many aspects.
However it really fails when it comes to the other 50% of what makes this series what it is: toys.
And TfB did an outstanding job regarding that.

That's why I still prefer Trap Team as an overall Skylanders experience.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#228 Posted: 16:55:33 05/10/2015

Yeah some people don't even care what this game is about as long as Bowser and Donkey Kong are in it.

And I also agree with the last part.
Something similar is already happening since I heard from some users it's TfB's fault if traps aren't fully supported in SuperChargers...
Really...? smilie

I think we give the dev houses too much power. I'd think Activision would own a lot of these decisions. They're slapping the dev houses on a lot of things would be a sure bet.
#229 Posted: 17:08:18 05/10/2015
I'm starting to think the same but still, it's certainly not TfB's fault, just like the removal of cards is most likely not V.V.'s.

But they are both decisions who influenced negatively on SuperChargers so I'm still not sure if V.V. truly couldn't have said nothing...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#230 Posted: 20:13:17 05/10/2015
I don't get it, I understand you not wanting them to be canon, and using the fact that they're not playable on non-Nintendo systems as an explanation but really, we have no other reason to think otherwise, and saying they're not is just within your own little Headcanon
#231 Posted: 22:13:14 05/10/2015
I don't get it, I understand you not wanting them to be canon, and using the fact that they're not playable on non-Nintendo systems as an explanation but really, we have no other reason to think otherwise, and saying they're not is just within your own little Headcanon

There's really nothing to understand outside of the fact I accept them as canon and as something which goes against a lot of what this series is about.

I got it, they are canon but I still don't like the concept because saying those characters won't work on non-Nintendo consoles is obvious gameplay-wise but completely screws up the series in my opinion.
Is there a Nintendo version of the Skylands were all the guest stars can gather around when they have nothing else to do or what...?

V.V. has made an amazing work this time with both lore and plot yet they missed this "little and insignificant" detail.
No.
I'm firmly against that idea.
Other are obviously free to think what they want but this is my view of Skymiibos and potential future guest stars in general and if they'll all be canon, it won't change.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#232 Posted: 01:40:35 06/10/2015
I'm starting to think the same but still, it's certainly not TfB's fault, just like the removal of cards is most likely not V.V.'s.

But they are both decisions who influenced negatively on SuperChargers so I'm still not sure if V.V. truly couldn't have said nothing...

In my mind, this is all marketing.

• The decision to include Nintendo characters on Nintendo systems was based on the agreement between Activision and Nintendo. The videos make it sounds like VV did this by themselves, but I doubt it.
  • The decision not to include cards.
  • The decision to approve the gimmick.
  • The decision on what to include in the starter, and who the reposes were.

All marketing decisions by Activision.
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#233 Posted: 06:11:59 06/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: TrapShadowFan

And koopas.

Then I'll believe you.

There was also a special comic book you got from gamestop or something that featured them. The comics, including that one, are all indeed 100% canon.

Here's a link to the facebook page for the exclusive comic. Don;t know how you'd get it now which is a real shame.

https://www.facebook.com/GameS...0719553/?type=3
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#234 Posted: 06:32:05 06/10/2015
Wow i didn't know Skymiibo's are only playable on nintendo consoles smilie

but as far as cannon goes there's alot of things that are unsure... least for me anyways....

like is it a new portal master (cannon wise) each game? does the portal master veiw all cutscenes? (cuz in giants you see the cut scene of Kaos and the map in the vault of screts level and that ghost retelling the skylander what he heard going on which was apparently the writers way to have the skylander to find out where to go next....so why couldn't the portal master tell them?)

how do you explain variants (aside from Dark and legendaries).... why were Spyro, Trigs, and Gilly in that shop.... when they clearly helped in S:SA

see so many questions.

though as for the rift engines..... unless there is an explaination officially.... based on the skylanders comic with bowser and DK.... its my understanding that the rift engines start elementless but gain one ( assuming they gain one) when they 'connect' with the skylander. why DK and Bowser were assigned an element and not just given a random one.... like they're vehicles are air and tech (granted to keep from fire getting an air and life getting a land for extra coding or what not.) but still.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
#235 Posted: 12:42:34 06/10/2015
Uh,sorry if I sound a bit mean, but please write a bit clearly, it's hard to read when your only punctuation is periods.

1.No,only one Portal Master, the player. Trap Team confirms they 'see' someone else's point of view by the cutscenes,because Kaos can follow your view after gaining power over the fourth wall.
2.Variants are like palette swaps of fighting game characters - not canon until said otherwise. Dark and Legendary variants are canon but are sort of 'super forms' for the Skylanders,and some other minor variants are just a strange coloring they got for a week or day(Love Potion Pop Fizz for example)
3.Read Rift into Overdrive, there's a video up on youtube. Rift Engines have their own elements, they just assign if the character isn't from Skylands, and it's just for the power transformation - if they need the vehicle to match or not doesn't matter.
---
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#236 Posted: 18:16:44 06/10/2015
I use Flitter Glimmer.

Thats all :3

Jk theres more but I forget.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4182
#237 Posted: 18:30:52 06/10/2015
I'm playing again, using Hot Streak and Spyro series 2.

And he look AWESOME in titan mode!
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#238 Posted: 18:32:17 06/10/2015
Quote: Archae

Spoiler Titan mode smilie

What is it?
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#239 Posted: 19:20:52 06/10/2015
My Skystones deck is...

Chef Pepper Jack, Cali, Threatpack, Spin-Off, Spellslamzer, Malefor, Wolfgang, Hood Sickle, Golden Queen, Tessa, Percussion Pounder, Shadowlin, Pain Glass, Lord Stratosfear, Tae Kwon Crow, Mab Lobs, Captain Bristlestache, Blubberbeard, Lift Lofter, Flitter Glimmer.

For the vehicle, I like Barrel Blaster, Hot Streak, and Burn-Cycle.
---
Strength, courage, and evil
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#240 Posted: 20:17:03 06/10/2015
Quote: The Bone Chompy
Quote: Archae

Spoiler Titan mode smilie

What is it?

Titan mode is*Plot Spoilers*
after u beat the chapter where u get the kolossal kernel you go to find the eye of the ancients, and it is guarded by titans or somthing, and the only way to do that is become a titans ur self , so u use the colossal kernel to become Titan sized, where u are giant-er than giants and attacks are op as crap,
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#241 Posted: 21:05:40 06/10/2015
I'm adding more mods today on my "All Vehicle Mods!" Topic. You can check it out smilie
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#242 Posted: 21:29:37 06/10/2015
I think I processed enough to finally share my thoughts on this topic. Just finished Monstrous Isles and I really liked it. I loved tge idea of becoming a titan (now even Minis can feel big) as well as the lobster guy and the squid lady talking all 21th century like. (The only thing missing was a twerking troll) As for the emotional moment
It was pretty dramatic but I didn't tear up. I guess I just don't like Glumshanks enough. And after a minute we found out that he was alife after all.
#243 Posted: 21:48:37 06/10/2015
Spoiler topic requires no tags :U
---
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#244 Posted: 22:17:57 06/10/2015
Ok, I just didn't want to take the risk.
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#245 Posted: 23:33:54 06/10/2015
Quote: Deja Vu
I think I processed enough to finally share my thoughts on this topic. Just finished Monstrous Isles and I really liked it. I loved tge idea of becoming a titan (now even Minis can feel big) as well as the lobster guy and the squid lady talking all 21th century like. (The only thing missing was a twerking troll) As for the emotional moment
It was pretty dramatic but I didn't tear up. I guess I just don't like Glumshanks enough. And after a minute we found out that he was alife after all.

Umm...sure...it doesn't make you cry anyway it's close to make you cry.
#246 Posted: 00:34:03 07/10/2015
Did anyone else notice how slow the animation got in certain spots on Monstrous Isles? I'm XBO.
First | Previous | Page 5 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me