Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Closing threads [CLOSED]
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#1 Posted: 16:27:04 14/09/2015 | Topic Creator
I didn't know where to post this. I came close to posting it in the Superchargers forum, as that's where I've noticed it more, but I knew it would just be closed without any discussion. I feel that there's a huge problem with the way things are being moderated (at least in that forum). I check the site every day and there never seemed to be much actual news. Then I see a topic posted that I'm interested in, or feel like discussing only to find it closed. Sometimes there's no reason why. Other times it's just said that it's old news because it was in the general discussion and news thread. But there's a reason why people are posting so much "old news", because they didn't know about it. I don't want to dig through pages upon pages of posts to find out something new or to find out about something in particular. Just last week, I had a question about the tablet version, but every thread that was started was closed, except for one that was created months ago that had gotten lost and buried. And I wasn't going to dare try to filter through hundreds of posts in the general discussion thread to see if anyone else was talking about it, or to get my questions answered. Why can't we have individual discussions about particular characters, topics, etc., yet we have so many threads that have pointless discussions. What's the point of even having a separate forum for Superchargers if we're just going to condense everything into one thread, anyway? I get having one place for all the news in a sticky, but why not have separate discussions about everything? The news thread should only be one post that gets updated with everything we know, but taken from the other posts. I've been on this forum for a few years, now, and I don't remember it being like this before. Why did the rules change?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:27:32 14/09/2015 by obidawsn
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 17:23:20 14/09/2015
People can close threads themselves; it's not always the mods.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#3 Posted: 13:40:29 15/09/2015 | Topic Creator
But that's only the creator, right? There seems to be a lot of replies to the affect of "it's already in the news/general discussion thread" and the thread is quickly closed. It's never been that way before, and I doubt that everyone who has started a thread just closes it themselves.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#4 Posted: 13:49:33 15/09/2015
I've seen plenty respond with 'oh ok, I'll close it' or similar. It's just that the news probably have been discussed elsewhere already(probably in Discussion, or in the case of the TRU demo findings, it's in the specific thread about it), so keeping a one post thread where no one's going to talk anymore seems pointless.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#5 Posted: 12:12:26 20/09/2015
Not something I care about, but I wonder if it'd be worth making it so that topics closed by a user say [Closed] in orange or something so folks can easily know a topic closed by the OP vs. closed by a mod. I wouldn't care to see any significant time spent on this "upgrade", but throwing it out as an idea.
TTD Hunter Gems: 6213
#6 Posted: 13:10:22 20/09/2015
I'll always reply on the thread if it's me that's closing it. If you feel that something was wrongfully closed, feel free to PM me or another mod, we're here to help.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me