Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Anyone know case assortment numbers for SuperChargers Wave 1?
Page 1 of 1
Anyone know case assortment numbers for SuperChargers Wave 1? [CLOSED]
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#1 Posted: 16:26:44 14/09/2015 | Topic Creator
While I'm sure all of Wave 1 should be easy to get for a while, anyone know how many of each figure/vehicles are arriving per case?
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:29:04 14/09/2015 by Dahvoo
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#2 Posted: 16:36:47 14/09/2015
Dark posted this in the news topic, but I can't find the post. Basically, 4 of everything except crypt crusher and fiesta, who only have 2 in each case.
---
Dead
SkylandersEzra Emerald Sparx Gems: 3659
#3 Posted: 17:25:04 14/09/2015
There's a full breakdown of Wave 1 and 2 here.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#4 Posted: 19:29:37 14/09/2015
Here's a direct quote, Dahvoo:

Quote: dark52
Here are them assortments that some of you seem to find useful:

Wave 1
4x Dive Clops
4x Stormblade
2x Terrafin
2x Fiesta

4x Dive Bomber
3x Sky Slicer
3x Sea Shadow
2x Crypt Crusher

3x Terrafin+Shark Tank
3x Jet-Vac + Jet Stream

6x Sea Racing Pack

Wave 2
4x Smash Hit
4x Nightfall
4x High Volt

4x Burn Cycle
2x Shark Tank
2x Jet Stream
4x Stealth Stinger

6x Terrafin+Shark Tank+Jet Stream

Fiesta and Crypt Crusher have the lowest amount per case.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:30:21 14/09/2015 by Matteomax
#5 Posted: 15:36:16 15/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Thanks to everyone for the info. I'll probably buy all of wave 1 on the first day depending on sales, but in case I didn't I wanted to know which figures will be more uncommon than others.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#6 Posted: 16:38:04 15/09/2015
Quote: Matteomax
Here's a direct quote, Dahvoo:

Quote: dark52
Here are them assortments that some of you seem to find useful:

Wave 1
4x Dive Clops
4x Stormblade
2x Terrafin
2x Fiesta

4x Dive Bomber
3x Sky Slicer
3x Sea Shadow
2x Crypt Crusher

3x Terrafin+Shark Tank
3x Jet-Vac + Jet Stream

6x Sea Racing Pack

Wave 2
4x Smash Hit
4x Nightfall
4x High Volt

4x Burn Cycle
2x Shark Tank
2x Jet Stream
4x Stealth Stinger

6x Terrafin+Shark Tank+Jet Stream

Fiesta and Crypt Crusher have the lowest amount per case.

Well with that being said, if you aren't getting everyone on day one due to money restraints, I would highly recommend getting Fiesta and Crypt Crusher.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#7 Posted: 19:21:18 15/09/2015 | Topic Creator
At this point after several years of knowing how sales for Skylanders toys and starter packs typically work, it's more of a question about whether it's worth it or not to buy everything on day one or wait for the inevitable sales that can be better than launch day sales.

Knowing which figures are short packed helps to know what figures might be harder than others to find and would be worth to buy at launch. I agree that Fiesta/Crypt Crusher and probably Sea Shadow are good buys at launch.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:28:52 15/09/2015 by Dahvoo
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#8 Posted: 19:44:57 15/09/2015
Quote: Dahvoo
At this point after several years of knowing how sales for Skylanders toys and starter packs typically work, it's more of a question about whether it's worth it or not to buy everything on day one or wait for the inevitable sales that can be better than launch day sales.

Knowing which figures are short packed helps to know what figures might be harder than others to find and would be worth to buy at launch. I agree that Fiesta/Crypt Crusher and probably Sea Shadow are good buys at launch.

If you're actively looking, there's absolutely no figures you should have trouble finding within a month of the release. It's not cutthroat hunting like the Giants era or Nintendo Amiibo. You seem to be worried about short packed Skylanders for no reason. It's not until later waves that being short packed means you better grab it right away (even Scratch was around 2-3 months while Echo, Spotlight, & Blackout were around for a month for active seekers). Launch figures have NEVER started disappearing until after Thanksgiving/Black Friday...no need to panic or have a "must purchase" at launch list. The only thing I may be slightly concerned about getting right away is the TRU Wii dark edition starter pack. We have no idea how many were produced and there will be Amiibo collectors buying them up. It doesn't help that it's a store exclusive either.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#9 Posted: 20:27:59 15/09/2015
Quote: mastermc54
If you're actively looking, there's absolutely no figures you should have trouble finding within a month of the release. It's not cutthroat hunting like the Giants era or Nintendo Amiibo. You seem to be worried about short packed Skylanders for no reason.

Apparently you live in a land that's full of magical rainbows and unicorns and everybody is super nice to one another, lol. The shortpacked traps (there were at least a couple which were 1 per case at launch, and then another couple in wave 2) were basically impossible to find if you were trying to get a complete set and weren't there at the door when the store opened. People said that Wallop and Krypt King would be around forever too, and both disappeared fairly quickly. If you're so worried about money that you absolutely have to wait for a deep discount sale to buy anything, shortpacked figures or not, you might want to rethink picking up any at all. If folks are worried about availability of shortpacked wave 1 figures, the possibility of saving a couple of bucks down the line shouldn't prevent them from picking up those characters at launch to hedge their bets and ensure they get everything they want.

Quote:
It's not until later waves that being short packed means you better grab it right away (even Scratch was around 2-3 months while Echo, Spotlight, & Blackout were around for a month for active seekers).

I live in a relatively small area with comparatively few Skylanders fans. I saw Scratch at launch, the day she came out, and then once after that--and only a single figure the second time around. Again, your area might be full of benevolent folks who don't buy up hot toys and scalp them, but most people don't have that luxury.

Quote:
Launch figures have NEVER started disappearing until after Thanksgiving/Black Friday...no need to panic or have a "must purchase" at launch list.

I recall people complaining about Wallop really quickly, as he was out in wave 1 and wasn't restocked in any subsequent wave for quite a while. Krypt King was never restocked in later waves at all. It looks like we might have to agree to disagree on this thread.

Quote:
The only thing I may be slightly concerned about getting right away is the TRU Wii dark edition starter pack. We have no idea how many were produced and there will be Amiibo collectors buying them up. It doesn't help that it's a store exclusive either.

I've got friends who are Amiibo collectors who are planning on buying all four Nintendo starters at launch that they'll need to have each of the characters and their variants. I've heard through them that Amiibo scalpers are already offering some of the starter figures for as much as the entire starter packs. With that in mind, I'm not nearly as comfortable waiting until Black Friday to pick up the standard Nintendo starters, as there are apparently already a bunch of Amiibo scalpers ready to buy up stock to create the inevitable artificial scarcity. I don't really believe that they will succeed in clearing all the stock, but in some areas it's possible that those starters might get harder to find. I guess it's a disappointing sign of the times we live in. (sigh)

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
#10 Posted: 20:30:19 15/09/2015 | Topic Creator
@mastermc54

I appreciate the input, but I'm not talking about having trouble finding figures within a month of release. Like I said in my first post, I'm sure all of Wave 1 will be easy to find for a while. No ones worried or speculating figures are going to disappear soon after launch. I'm talking about waiting on figures until later in the year when some of the better sales will probably happen as they have for the past few years now.

I think it's safe to say it's more likely that a SuperCharger set like Fiesta/Crypt Crusher could become more difficult to find during Black Friday or pre-Christmas sales based only on what we know about Wave 1 and 2 than a set like Dive Clops/Dive Bomber. Notice I said more difficult, not impossible. So I would be more inclined to wait on figures like Dive Clops/Dive Bomber until later and pick up Fiesta/Crypt Crusher at launch just to avoid having to drive around hunting at stores or buying online from third parties.

That's obviously not a universal rule for Fiesta/Crypt Crusher or any other figures, YMMV of course, as some stores could remain flooded with Fiesta/Crypt Crusher while others run out before some of the really good sales later in the year. You never really know. That's not panicking, that just being logical. Or as logical as you can get considering we're talking about the probabilities and risk of toy availability. smilie
---
#11 Posted: 06:45:11 16/09/2015
Quote: darkchylde28
Quote: mastermc54
If you're actively looking, there's absolutely no figures you should have trouble finding within a month of the release. It's not cutthroat hunting like the Giants era or Nintendo Amiibo. You seem to be worried about short packed Skylanders for no reason.

Apparently you live in a land that's full of magical rainbows and unicorns and everybody is super nice to one another, lol. The shortpacked traps (there were at least a couple which were 1 per case at launch, and then another couple in wave 2) were basically impossible to find if you were trying to get a complete set and weren't there at the door when the store opened. People said that Wallop and Krypt King would be around forever too, and both disappeared fairly quickly. If you're so worried about money that you absolutely have to wait for a deep discount sale to buy anything, shortpacked figures or not, you might want to rethink picking up any at all. If folks are worried about availability of shortpacked wave 1 figures, the possibility of saving a couple of bucks down the line shouldn't prevent them from picking up those characters at launch to hedge their bets and ensure they get everything they want.

Quote:
It's not until later waves that being short packed means you better grab it right away (even Scratch was around 2-3 months while Echo, Spotlight, & Blackout were around for a month for active seekers).

I live in a relatively small area with comparatively few Skylanders fans. I saw Scratch at launch, the day she came out, and then once after that--and only a single figure the second time around. Again, your area might be full of benevolent folks who don't buy up hot toys and scalp them, but most people don't have that luxury.

Quote:
Launch figures have NEVER started disappearing until after Thanksgiving/Black Friday...no need to panic or have a "must purchase" at launch list.

I recall people complaining about Wallop really quickly, as he was out in wave 1 and wasn't restocked in any subsequent wave for quite a while. Krypt King was never restocked in later waves at all. It looks like we might have to agree to disagree on this thread.

Quote:
The only thing I may be slightly concerned about getting right away is the TRU Wii dark edition starter pack. We have no idea how many were produced and there will be Amiibo collectors buying them up. It doesn't help that it's a store exclusive either.

I've got friends who are Amiibo collectors who are planning on buying all four Nintendo starters at launch that they'll need to have each of the characters and their variants. I've heard through them that Amiibo scalpers are already offering some of the starter figures for as much as the entire starter packs. With that in mind, I'm not nearly as comfortable waiting until Black Friday to pick up the standard Nintendo starters, as there are apparently already a bunch of Amiibo scalpers ready to buy up stock to create the inevitable artificial scarcity. I don't really believe that they will succeed in clearing all the stock, but in some areas it's possible that those starters might get harder to find. I guess it's a disappointing sign of the times we live in. (sigh)

-Doug

You don't know how to hunt dude. You're wrong with so many things in your response. Krypt King was around until Thanksgiving and seen in December in stores (that's a couple months of availability). Wallop made a reappearance with wave 3, so that's when I picked up mine. Your idea of disappearing fairly quickly is in fact a period of several months. Practically any store I strolled into on any given day last November had both these figures you're complaining about. I will agree with you on the traps, but then again, a very small percentage of collectors were chasing the full set...and most have given up and are refusing to pay secondary market prices for the few yawn traps that were released in Australia. Your points about Scratch and other short packed Skylanders being unacquirable because you live in a small town are bad excuses. Scratch, Echo, Blackout, and Spotlight were available for more than a month online whether it be Amazon or Best Buy or other websites. I posted myself on these forums when Scratch and Fire Bone Hot Dog were $9.99 on Amazon. If you're limiting yourself to brick & mortar stores, then that's on you if you need to show up the morning of release to avoid missing out on a figure. We're in the online age and the small town thing doesn't hold up when you can have Walmart.com ship to your local store for free and countless other online retailers mail you stuff for a nominal shipping charge. As far as scalpers buying up Nintendo starter packs, worries are warranted only for the dark editions. You must be joking if Amiibo collectors or scalpers are going to make the standard editions difficult to find. Activision is going to be pumping them out with a vengeance and the worst case scenario is that some may have to wait until January or February in the off chance that the Nintendo versions temporarily become scarce during the holiday season. The goal and vision of Activision's partnership with Nintendo was to sell more starter packs, so I doubt shelves at stores would be bare of starter packs for any console for any extended period of time. I'm not going to comment on your remark about waiting for sales/discounts other than that I make very good money and I'm apparently smarter than you in how I spend my money...it's not the end of the world to me if I miss out on a toy. I don't follow the "rush out upon release and pay MSRP" mentality, but to each their own. I'd say about 95% of the figures I've bought have been on sale or discount via Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked and I haven't missed out on one in-game figure/variant since I've been collecting Skylanders...and I live in New Jersey which isn't exactly a land of unicorns and rainbows and is known to be populous of scalpers.
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#12 Posted: 02:41:48 17/09/2015
Im just seeing this nightmare starting all over again....with all of us tryin' to find figures that others are sick of seeing...do to thats all that is in there stores. And not to mechin' those over seas that don't even get all the figures in there country. Like i have said many time ...the Logistics Department Team needs to be fired and a new team created....because this is a GLOBAL game....all the figures/traps/vehicles should be shipped EVERYWHERE.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#13 Posted: 12:54:04 17/09/2015
^True that is.

My deepest concern at the moment is deciding if I should cancel my preordered figures (Fiestam Stormblade, and Dive-Clops with their vehicles), and wait for the Black Friday sale. Now I would get Fiesta, cause we can already guess he will be rare. The other two? I don't entirely know. Instead of getting them, I could simply pick up a Wii U starter, with the Dive-Bomber and Sky Slicer, maybe with Fiesta and the Crypt Crusher. It depends on the sales. But I want to wait until Black Friday to get the starters and some other Wave 1 figures. What should I do?
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#14 Posted: 13:59:29 17/09/2015
Fiesta is probably being shorted in the case because he has a variant that probably ships in full cases. Many people will get the exclusive and skip the regular. Terrafin also has several others way to get him. I'm sure they are considering general availability of the figures. Also, keep in mind the later cases will have lots of room given supposedly we will have 18 of 20 characters and vehicles come Wave 3 (likely right before Christmas).
#15 Posted: 14:51:16 17/09/2015
Quote: zookinator
^True that is.

My deepest concern at the moment is deciding if I should cancel my preordered figures (Fiestam Stormblade, and Dive-Clops with their vehicles), and wait for the Black Friday sale. Now I would get Fiesta, cause we can already guess he will be rare. The other two? I don't entirely know. Instead of getting them, I could simply pick up a Wii U starter, with the Dive-Bomber and Sky Slicer, maybe with Fiesta and the Crypt Crusher. It depends on the sales. But I want to wait until Black Friday to get the starters and some other Wave 1 figures. What should I do?

FYI - you don't need to wait until Black Friday for figure sales. Target ran a 2 for $20 on Trapmasters weeks before Black Friday rolled around and Black Friday sales really didn't beat that sale by much (if any amount). I guess a TRU BOGO 75% sale might beat that, but that'd force your hand into visiting TRU on Thanksgiving or Black Friday...quite honestly, my TRU store had AWFUL selection those days.

The only thing that can muck up sales this year is the fact that they have Superchargers, vehicles, combo packs, and mixed triple packs. With so many variations of available items, some variations are bound to be left out of sales simply because stores like Target and Walmart don't have ad space to out up sales on combo & triple packs (at least I don't recall seeing them in ads for the last 2 games). They mainly focused on sales involving Trapmasters last year and Swappers the year before.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me