Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Serious Question [CLOSED]
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#1 Posted: 15:17:09 03/09/2015 | Topic Creator
What do I do about my neighbors? They throw stuff at my dogs, they slashed one of my dad's tires, they play loud music when they see all our lights out, they called in noise complaints when my dog started barking at their late night music, and this morning, I woke up to find out they stuffed a t-shirt in my car's tailpipe, which is pretty dangerous and can lead to severe engine failure.

I've talked to the cops in the past, but every time they go over, my neighbors say they won't talk to them without a warrant. My city isn't exactly known for stellar police work (it's one of the cities you probably heard about that has a problem with police brutality), so I don't have much hope in that warrant coming.

What do I do?

inb4 "go ask someone real and not on a game forum" because I'm desperate and hoping someone might have a little experience with bad neighbors.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:19:41 03/09/2015 by StriderSwag
PopFizzMagic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1235
#2 Posted: 15:26:09 03/09/2015
go to them
use the magic word

Lawsuit
---
PIKA
PIKA
PIKACHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#3 Posted: 15:30:10 03/09/2015
Well, if they're actively destroying your property(dogs or pranks doesn't matter), you could bring a lawyer into this. Not sure how much brazilian and US law are different on this but that last one is putting your property at risk; and if you didn't find that out you'd have to bring lawyers into this anyway to get them to pay for the damage.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:30:24 03/09/2015 by Bifrost
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#4 Posted: 15:32:22 03/09/2015
They sound like Assholes....The best thing to do kick dem asses
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#5 Posted: 15:38:00 03/09/2015
go ask someone real and not on a game forum (jk)

Seriously though, I agree with Bifrost. If the cops won't do anything helpful, bring lawyers into this and file a lawsuit over destruction of property.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
thumper Ripto Gems: 3519
#6 Posted: 15:38:08 03/09/2015
Dang you have some mean neighbors. As far as them throwing stuff at your dog, call animal control and report your neighbor for animal abuse. As far as the other issues. Call the police every time, whether they come to investigate or no, there will be a "call in" record. If your neighbor rents their home you can let the landlord know about all the issues, he/she could intervene telling them to stop the harassment. I don't live in your area but where I live you can also call the Sheriffs office and the State Police especially if the local police can't get the problems resolved. I wish you luck and hopefully things will calm down for you.

Or...kick their asses, that might work too. smilie
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#7 Posted: 15:50:43 03/09/2015
all i can think of is get a lawyer and hope for the best.
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7369
#8 Posted: 15:52:21 03/09/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Well, if they're actively destroying your property(dogs or pranks doesn't matter), you could bring a lawyer into this. Not sure how much brazilian and US law are different on this but that last one is putting your property at risk; and if you didn't find that out you'd have to bring lawyers into this anyway to get them to pay for the damage.

This is pretty much the best solution I could have thought of in my opinion. Getting a lawyer in would help if you are able to get one, unless the lawyer you get is incompetent. They should be able to win your case if you take it forward though.

Quote: thumper
Dang you have some mean neighbors. As far as them throwing stuff at your dog, call animal control and report your neighbor for animal abuse. As far as the other issues. Call the police every time, whether they come to investigate or no, there will be a "call in" record. If your neighbor rents their home you can let the landlord know about all the issues, he/she could intervene telling them to stop the harassment. I don't live in your area but where I live you can also call the Sheriffs office and the State Police especially if the local police can't get the problems resolved. I wish you luck and hopefully things will calm down for you.

Second option for life. The other options in the post could work too.

Oh, and why are your neighbours doing these things? Did you do something to provoke them(Very highly doubt it) or are they some typical ASBO-worthy people who do it for no reason?
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#9 Posted: 17:31:20 03/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost

Well my mom is a lawyer, but she doesn't really want to risk suing them.

Quote: thumper

I guess I could call the Sheriff's office, I'm in good standing with a few officers there.

And I don't wanna risk a criminal record D:

Quote: gillgrunt987
[Oh, and why are your neighbours doing these things? Did you do something to provoke them(Very highly doubt it) or are they some typical ASBO-worthy people who do it for no reason?

We didn't provoke them, they're just asshats.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#10 Posted: 19:10:32 03/09/2015
Well, at the look of things, if you don't risk, it's just going to get worse since they'll think they're getting away with the pranks, your dog could even end up with an injury. Of course,don't threaten to sue them or something or it'll just get worse; just quietly get the law on this and act like you're not being affected but you'd very much like compensation for all the damages.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:11:06 03/09/2015 by Bifrost
Camo22 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3501
#11 Posted: 04:52:25 04/09/2015
Ok, I'll put aside our rivalry to say my opinion.

A lawyer would be the way to go in my opinion, but take photos and if you can, videos just to prove your point. Tell them to stop, I'd even go to the point of asking if you've done anything wrong. (I'd sneak in a voice recorder) Try to gather evidence, it's everything in court. If you've got nothing to hide, you've got nothing to worry about.

I live with Mum and Dad still so I don't know exactly how things work but I do play Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney. (Not that it helps)
---
=Fixing Theories since Sep, 2015 / Deviant Art =
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12096
#12 Posted: 13:31:44 04/09/2015
I've had ****ty neighbors before. About two years ago new people moved in next door who played extremely loud music all through the night and day. When someone came home and forgot the keys, they'd used to trespass in our backyard to get into their house in the middle of the night.

Anyways, have you contacted your local government area/county/shire about them? You can put in a noise complaint so whenever you call your county, they'll send out their own security force which if things get out of hand, they should be able to alert the police on your behalf.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me