Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Kingdom Hearts - Re:All-Purpose Topic (Beta Release)
First | Previous | Page 5 of 9 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Kingdom Hearts - Re:All-Purpose Topic (Beta Release)
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#201 Posted: 13:20:57 28/10/2016
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Quote: MagicFizz
OH MY GOD I HAVE TO MAKE THE BIGGEST CHOICE OF MY LIFE.

SOMEBODY HELP ME DECIDE PLEASE.

Okay, first things first, yesterday's hype was just amazing. 2.8 trailer destroyed me, I got a sexy screenshot from KH3, but then comes that 1.5 & 2.5 for PS4. I want to get these and experience my favorite series at its finest, but I just bought them on the PS3 a while ago, for a combined price of 50 dollars, which is the same price as this bundle/edition. So what do I do bldisoxnslmallz

Idk if I even should buy a Switch or a PS4 Pro.. two beautiful consoles with an amazing line up of games.

Ughhhh why do I only have enough money for one of them?

Sorry, but it's WAY too early to say the Switch has an "amazing line-up of games", especially at launch.

The only games we know of for it, are:

-2 ports of Wii U games (BotW, Mario Kart 8)
-2 ports of multi-plat games (Just Dance 4, Project Sonic 2017)
-2 original titles (New 3D Mario, Splatoon 2)

Stuff like Skyrim and NBA are actually unconfirmed as of right now, as both Nintendo and Bethesda put out a statement to say those games were just shown for mock-up purposes and none of the games filmed were running on the system.

And the only one of these games that's confirmed to be a launch title is BotW, IIRC. The rest are either TBA or are coming out later (Project Sonic 2017 is scheduled for Holiday 2017).

So yeah, it's really stretching it to say this is an amazing launch line-up, especially if you have a Wii U and another system already.

I would say go for PS4 Pro right now as it is a way safer choice. I know that's what I'm doing. Or just wait until more Switch info comes (January 12th).

Tbh those games that we know are coming to the system already have me pretty convinced. The only games that have me hooked on the PS4 on the other hand, are the KH games announced for it. I already know that Nintendo is going to make very fun casual games on the Switch, but since the PS4 and most of its games are marketed toward hardcore gamers, albeit not me.

I'll probably go with the PS4 Pro anyways because I am such a freaking KH nerd
---
My life is complete.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#202 Posted: 21:07:45 28/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote:
Tbh those games that we know are coming to the system already have me pretty convinced. The only games that have me hooked on the PS4 on the other hand, are the KH games announced for it. I already know that Nintendo is going to make very fun casual games on the Switch, but since the PS4 and most of its games are marketed toward hardcore gamers, albeit not me.

I'll probably go with the PS4 Pro anyways because I am such a freaking KH nerd

PS4 has plenty of casual friendly games.

Even stuff like Uncharted fall under that, as they have a Beginner difficulty mode. My sister casually plays games sometimes, and she can still get invested in "hardcore" games like Uncharted due to them having a Beginner difficulty. Funnily enough, she also plays KH this way too.

I dunno, I guess I just don't think Switch is looking worth the investment (yet), but you do you.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
abstractsardine Gold Sparx Gems: 2244
#203 Posted: 16:33:34 08/12/2016
EDIT: English trailer is up!!!

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:47:08 08/12/2016 by abstractsardine
#204 Posted: 00:02:06 09/12/2016 | Topic Creator
The best part of the trailer is Riku and Mickey going on a BR-OAD TRIP

[User Posted Image]
---
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#205 Posted: 00:47:33 09/12/2016
Saw the Trailer it´s SO GOOD the Trailers for this game are so hyped.

The best part of the trailer is Riku and Mickey going on a BR-OAD TRIP

[User Posted Image]

I love this and hate this at the same time.
#206 Posted: 01:23:02 09/12/2016
DAMMIT FF XV WHY DID YOU SCREW OVER 2.8'S RELEASE DATE
---
My life is complete.
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#207 Posted: 04:48:03 09/12/2016
just bought kingdom hearts 1 and 2 on amazon, free two day shipping for 1 :0
2 comes on the 13th

almost ****ed up big time tho cuz I leave my apartment for my house on the 13th and it comes the 13th so i had to rush to change it to my house address oops

I only have a ps2 so I didn't get the 1.5 and 2.5 :c I guess ill just watch let's plays on Birth and the other one

I plan to get a ps4 tho so it all works out <3
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#208 Posted: 10:53:06 09/12/2016
^ You do know that a 1.5 + 2.5 Remix Collection is coming to PS4 right? I suggest you wait for those to come out.

Btw it comes out in march
---
My life is complete.
#209 Posted: 11:08:16 09/12/2016
^ You do know that a 1.5 + 2.5 Remix Collection is coming to PS4 right? I suggest you wait for those to come out.

I do know that they come for the ps4

But I don't have one and don't know when i will

Also i wanna play 1 and 2 now and I already ordered them
---
#210 Posted: 16:14:51 09/12/2016
Quote: Lunarz

Depending on how much you care about graphics and extra content, you could be missing out on a LOT.
---
My life is complete.
#211 Posted: 16:34:45 09/12/2016

Depending on how much you care about graphics and extra content, you could be missing out on a LOT.

i mean, i could buy them for ps4 too
this way i get to play them now instead of waiting months
---
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#212 Posted: 17:56:12 09/12/2016

They're his games, let him buy which ever he wants and do with them how he wants. If he doesn't own a PS4, don't try to convince him to get games he can't play.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#213 Posted: 13:58:16 10/12/2016
Quote: Seiki

They're his games, let him buy which ever he wants and do with them how he wants. If he doesn't own a PS4, don't try to convince him to get games he can't play.

Oh no, I totally respect his decision on the games. I just want him to make sure of everything from here on out. I apologize if I came off as pushy.
---
My life is complete.
#214 Posted: 06:53:28 11/12/2016
edit: how dark does this game get? i've heard no one even dies, but isn't final fantasy a super dark franchise? I just wanna know if the game is like, too childish, or is it dark, or is it both

kindgom hearts came and it wouldnt read the perfectly clean disc, my ps2 was making buzzing noises, so i punched it a few times and now it's working

why the **** is o jump and x attack

tutorial sucked, was slow as ****. Sora is heavy as ****, his jump is so heavy ahh, attacks feel weird
but obvs it's just the start of the game and this is ps2 so

kairi is waifu, sora hasn't grown on me yet

the grey haired dude is an asshole and i hate him

BUT I WILL BE THE ONE TO WIN KAIRI'S LOVE SO SCREW HIM, LET'S RACE

feels better now that im out of tutorial

-----

ive played up to here on an emulator, did the supply fetch quest and won the race, but quit after that cuz it ran at a constant 10 frames so every part after this will be completely blind. I'll return to give my thoughts and guesses and stuff as i go on

-----

the fact i cant uninvert the r2's for camera makes me wanna die

edit: i just learned i have to ****ing unlock the camera option to uninvert!?!?!?? WHAT

-----

The girl who explains the heartless to goofy and donald and is now waifu

leon is edge and he's cool
---
Edited 7 times - Last edited at 09:45:34 11/12/2016 by Lunarz
#215 Posted: 15:10:35 11/12/2016
I'm sorry for a double post but i think everyone should know that i found out Tantor isn't in the KH series and ive decided to quit because of this sole purpose

okay ill keep playing but i swear to christ if tantor isnt in 3 world will be had
---
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#216 Posted: 15:14:42 11/12/2016
edit: how dark does this game get? i've heard no one even dies, but isn't final fantasy a super dark franchise? I just wanna know if the game is like, too childish, or is it dark, or is it both

Final Fantasy generally isn't all that dark. It has some dark moments, but it's far from super-dark, and I'd say Kingdom Hearts is similar. KH2 and the later games are considerably darker than KH1, if I remember correctly.
---
Strength, courage, and evil
#217 Posted: 17:56:59 11/12/2016
I'm sorry for a double post but i think everyone should know that i found out Tantor isn't in the KH series and ive decided to quit because of this sole purpose

okay ill keep playing but i swear to christ if tantor isnt in 3 world will be had

Well Square can't use Tarzan in another KH game so....
#218 Posted: 18:04:27 11/12/2016
Quote: abstractsardine

why not?
---
#219 Posted: 18:06:02 11/12/2016
Quote: abstractsardine

why not?

I think because they lost rights or something.
#220 Posted: 18:17:32 11/12/2016
KH1 was kinda weird. Attacks and jumps feel a lot smoother in 2.

O being Jump and X being attack goes for the whole series (unless you have a Japanese version of the game, then it's the opposite)

Things should start getting better once you leave Destiny Island.

As for how dark it gets, so far it looks like only 1 character has 100% died. Though you do have the backstory of the Keyblade War with many unnamed dead characters.

And yes, they lost the rights to Tarzan since it had to go through the estate of Edgar Rice Burroughs and a new deal for future games couldn't be made. Deep Jungle can only ever appear in KH1 and any remakes of it.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:21:12 11/12/2016 by Seiki
#221 Posted: 23:36:10 11/12/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote:
edit: how dark does this game get?

KH1 isn't too particularly dark. While it does have some dark themes, they're mostly subtext that most people overlook. Hollow Bastion is famously a turning point of the game, where things start to get quite a bit heavier and the stakes feel higher, but for the most part, KH is a fun adventure game with a lot of mystery and discovery to it.

Later games in the series get darker, with generally higher stakes and more complex character relations and drama. IMO, Re:Chain of Memories is the darkest game in the series. Without spoiling too much, it probably has the most graphic character "death" in the series, and while Master Xehanort is definitely the most conniving and intelligent villain of the series, Marluxia is no slouch either and he has a much more unsettling vibe to him than Master Xehanort does. The way Marluxia and Larxene treat Naminé in particular can come off as incredibly sadistic, and unlike Master Xehanort, most of the stuff they make Naminé do serves no other purpose than to just mess with her, or mess with Sora. It's also the only game where Sora gets ticked off enough to literally want to destroy his opponents, by his own words, for no other reason than personal satisfaction, which I feel serves as a testament to how dark the game gets, for a KH game.

A lot of people say BBS is the darkest game in the series, but it really isn't that dark. For the most part, the game is not much darker than KH1, even. BBS holds the title for being the most tragic game in the series, though, which is a completely different thing.
---
#222 Posted: 01:06:19 12/12/2016
Quote:

KH1 isn't too particularly dark. While it does have some dark themes, they're mostly subtext that most people overlook. Hollow Bastion is famously a turning point of the game, where things start to get quite a bit heavier and the stakes feel higher, but for the most part, KH is a fun adventure game with a lot of mystery and discovery to it.

Later games in the series get darker, with generally higher stakes and more complex character relations and drama. IMO, Re:Chain of Memories is the darkest game in the series. Without spoiling too much, it probably has the most graphic character "death" in the series, and while Master Xehanort is definitely the most conniving and intelligent villain of the series, Marluxia is no slouch either and he has a much more unsettling vibe to him than Master Xehanort does. The way Marluxia and Larxene treat Naminé in particular can come off as incredibly sadistic, and unlike Master Xehanort, most of the stuff they make Naminé do serves no other purpose than to just mess with her, or mess with Sora. It's also the only game where Sora gets ticked off enough to literally want to destroy his opponents, by his own words, for no other reason than personal satisfaction, which I feel serves as a testament to how dark the game gets, for a KH game.

A lot of people say BBS is the darkest game in the series, but it really isn't that dark. For the most part, the game is not much darker than KH1, even. BBS holds the title for being the most tragic game in the series, though, which is a completely different thing.

Don't you think you're getting a little too in-depth in that Re:CoM stuff? I know that if I haven't played it yet, I'd much rather find out about those things myself. You literally spoiled Org XIII's intentions and some mildly important plot points. The names were definetly not necessary.
---
My life is complete.
#223 Posted: 09:28:44 12/12/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote:

Don't you think you're getting a little too in-depth in that Re:CoM stuff? I know that if I haven't played it yet, I'd much rather find out about those things myself. You literally spoiled Org XIII's intentions and some mildly important plot points. The names were definetly not necessary.

I didn't explain Org XIII's intentions. And names don't mean much on their own. Most people who haven't even played CoM know who Marluxia and Larxene are anyway because of KH2 or 358/2 Days. Their names alone don't tell you much.

Also, "Org XIII's intentions" aren't even the focus of CoM.
---
#224 Posted: 11:10:46 12/12/2016

I didn't explain Org XIII's intentions. And names don't mean much on their own. Most people who haven't even played CoM know who Marluxia and Larxene are anyway because of KH2 or 358/2 Days. Their names alone don't tell you much.

I meant Org. XIII as in Marluxia, Larxene, and possibly Vexen. I just didn't want to share names. I know how you feel about them, but names have always been a spoiler in my book. I can't really explain why though.

nbosjs
---
My life is complete.
#225 Posted: 14:47:23 12/12/2016

Keep in mind you were talking to someone who hasn't played any of the games to completion and didn't even know the elephant from Tarzan isn't in KH1 until just now and referred to Aerith as "the girl who explains the heartless to Goofy and Donald."
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:50:56 12/12/2016 by Seiki
#226 Posted: 16:25:17 12/12/2016 | Topic Creator
I don't see why the names of these characters would be considered a spoiler. Promotional material is forced to mention them by name whenever it references them as is.

It'd be different if it was a case of a character having a secret identity and I referred to them by that, but that's not the case with Marluxia and Larxene.
---
#227 Posted: 13:51:42 16/12/2016
how the **** do i beat riku in hollow bastion
---
#228 Posted: 14:42:20 16/12/2016 | Topic Creator
how the **** do i beat riku in hollow bastion

The easiest strategy is to get the Olympia Keyblade. You can get that from the Olympus Coliseum by beating the Phil Cup, the Pegasus Cup, and the Hercules Cup. This keyblade makes your attacks difficult to deflect, making it so that you have barely any recoil when an enemy parries you. This is very useful against Riku because he will try to parry you a lot. Combine it with the "Counter" ability, and you can get a lot of strong hits on him quite quickly.

Aerora is also useful for reducing the damage you take against him. You can also easily dodge some of his attacks by gliding around the arena.
---
#229 Posted: 16:34:43 16/12/2016
IT WAS SO EASY

I figured it out, I filled up my items with Elixers and a Megaelixer and I just constantly threw out strike raid while flying around and avoiding his attacks while equipping Aerora and I beat him in one go with that method, it was so nerveracking tho
---
#230 Posted: 20:45:58 16/12/2016
Nice. Strike haid has a BS amount of invincibility frames, so remember that for future bosses.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the game!
---
My life is complete.
#231 Posted: 00:43:12 17/12/2016 | Topic Creator
IT WAS SO EASY

I figured it out, I filled up my items with Elixers and a Megaelixer and I just constantly threw out strike raid while flying around and avoiding his attacks while equipping Aerora and I beat him in one go with that method, it was so nerveracking tho

...You're gonna regret that later. Elixirs/Megalixers are very limited without grinding to synthesis them (which takes a while). They may have been better saved for the final boss, or the super bosses if you wanna go for those.
---
#232 Posted: 01:33:38 17/12/2016
IT WAS SO EASY

...You're gonna regret that later. Elixirs/Megalixers are very limited without grinding to synthesis them (which takes a while). They may have been better saved for the final boss, or the super bosses if you wanna go for those.

If he grinds levels decently and works on side quests like completing the Colosseum and finding all the puppies (which'll have him running around and make him grind more levels), then it won't really matter. I was able to get by only using Elixirs/Megalixers during the Sephiroth fight if I got hit with Heartless Angel, which even then isn't entirely necessary as you can stop him from doing it.

By the time he gets to the final boss, or even thinks about going for the secret bosses, he should have hit fairly high enough levels to have a few abilities to compensate for the need.
---
#233 Posted: 23:58:49 17/12/2016 | Topic Creator
IT WAS SO EASY

If he grinds levels decently and works on side quests like completing the Colosseum and finding all the puppies (which'll have him running around and make him grind more levels), then it won't really matter. I was able to get by only using Elixirs/Megalixers during the Sephiroth fight if I got hit with Heartless Angel, which even then isn't entirely necessary as you can stop him from doing it.

By the time he gets to the final boss, or even thinks about going for the secret bosses, he should have hit fairly high enough levels to have a few abilities to compensate for the need.

I mean yes, obviously you can grind to Level 100 and get Cosmic Arts for everyone on all slots if you really want to.

But for a first time player though, Elixers should at least be saved for super bosses if they don't want to grind.

I mean personally, it's not an issue for me (I would be doing my Level 1 run of this game already, but the PS4 version got announced so I'm saving it for that). I'm just trying to think of how things go for a novice player.
---
#234 Posted: 06:07:54 18/12/2016

I mean yes, obviously you can grind to Level 100 and get Cosmic Arts for everyone on all slots if you really want to.

But for a first time player though, Elixers should at least be saved for super bosses if they don't want to grind.

I mean personally, it's not an issue for me (I would be doing my Level 1 run of this game already, but the PS4 version got announced so I'm saving it for that). I'm just trying to think of how things go for a novice player.

i never used another elixer after riku and i rinsed through the game and just beat it

-----

started kh2, roxas is awful and i dont give a **** about anything going on and i know the general consensus is the start of the game is garbage

Guess it doesn't matter tho cuz i cant save to my memory card because it's third party and i had to order a sony memory card and now i have to wait maybe a week for it to come c:
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:08:36 18/12/2016 by Lunarz
#235 Posted: 21:16:44 18/12/2016
Am I the only one who really enjoyed KH 2's intro?

Spoilers below.

I think the length of the introduction really got to highlight the fact that Roxas went from a normal kid to being caught up in all this weird stuff. Also the amount of time I got to know him really made me feel for him when Sora woke up. Even though to this day I still don't understand why he disappeared then, lol.

I heard that KH 3 was supposed to have a shorter intro, and I'm both sad and happy. Happy because I get to jump in the meat of the game quicker, and sad because I know that the intro will never have an impact on me like KH 2 did, unless they drop like really heavy stuff in that short timespan.
---
My life is complete.
#236 Posted: 21:29:02 18/12/2016
A lot of people really like KH2 as a whole, but the Roxas chapter has quite mixed thoughts. It mostly comes from when KH2 first came out and people started the game confused as to who the hell he was and not really enjoying spending a good 3 hours on a completely different character when they wanted to get back into Sora's adventure. If it was a bit shorter and we'd had more and overall better clues about Roxas in CoM, it'd be better. It also doesn't help that a lot of it has him running around town to do fairly average things and most of the opportunities to fight and earn exp come from the Dive to the Heart portion and the very last day when he wakes up Sora.

I liked playing as Roxas personally, but felt the whole chapter could've been handled better. :/
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:29:44 18/12/2016 by Seiki
#237 Posted: 23:04:37 18/12/2016 | Topic Creator
From a personal standpoint, I like the Roxas portion of the game. It's comfy and nostalgic to me. Reminds me of my own summer days from when I was a kid.

But from a game design standpoint, it didn't make sense to handle it the way they did.

I'm kinda hoping the KH3 intro is about Young Xehanort/Eraqus. That will probably be better as it more directly ties into what people understand of the franchise so far.
---
#238 Posted: 06:22:57 11/01/2017
The full versions of the 2 new versions of Simple & Clean are on Youtube.

Ray of Hope

& P's Club Mix
---
#239 Posted: 06:27:56 11/01/2017
Oh god.... it's perfect
#240 Posted: 09:09:22 11/01/2017
It is time for SPOILERS EVERYWHERE EVERYONE TAKE COVER!

In other topic that P´s Club Remix has all the music SWAG.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:09:57 11/01/2017 by KeybasHedKey
#241 Posted: 11:05:41 11/01/2017
IM NOT READY FOR 0.2 OMG
---
My life is complete.
#242 Posted: 12:40:14 11/01/2017 | Topic Creator
0.2 BBS looks great in the final release.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
#243 Posted: 19:41:37 11/01/2017
Dammmmnnnn they really did a fantastic job with the models.
---
My life is complete.
#244 Posted: 04:14:28 12/01/2017
I knew the E3 demo thing was still unpolished and still in development.
#245 Posted: 22:09:24 12/01/2017
2.8 JUST CAME OUT AND IM ALREADY GETTING SO SPOILED FUUUUU
---
My life is complete.
#246 Posted: 23:40:05 12/01/2017 | Topic Creator
2.8 JUST CAME OUT AND IM ALREADY GETTING SO SPOILED FUUUUU

Just don't post any spoilers here.
---
#247 Posted: 00:55:27 13/01/2017
Seems some copies of the English 2.8 have leaked out, not too sure how. Not posting it here, up to you to find it, but I just watched Back Cover in English and oh lordy...
---
#248 Posted: 01:33:36 13/01/2017
Seems some copies of the English 2.8 have leaked out, not too sure how. Not posting it here, up to you to find it, but I just watched Back Cover in English and oh lordy...

What did you think?

Without spoiling nothing, of course.
---
My life is complete.
#249 Posted: 02:24:29 13/01/2017

What did you think?

Without spoiling nothing, of course.

I will sum it up in the 2 words that I said when I finished it, nothing more. "Dammit Nomura".
---
First | Previous | Page 5 of 9 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me