darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > General Discussion Topic (*NO SPOILERS*)
First | Previous | Page 42 of 62 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 60 61 62
General Discussion Topic (*NO SPOILERS*) [STICKY]
Fizzle Blue Sparx Gems: 854
#2051 Posted: 04:17:27 12/10/2015
Wait is that his finished model? I thought his suit was silvery. If this is how he actually looks I'm not really digging it
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#2052 Posted: 04:18:05 12/10/2015
Quote: Drawdler
Well, I remember someone like wideawakewesley or myskylanders or someone said that TFB were actually looking into online during TT as well.

Kinda interesting Wii is listed but not 3DS, suggests they could be going back to the old model where Wii is an inferior port, rather than SC's model where Wii and 3DS are the same game and distinct from the core versions. If that's the case, I'd be disappointed. I like how SC hadnled the Wii and 3DS versions and I think they turned out very well.

Kaos Trophy Single... Meh, though probably means Kaos will be even more widespread online e_e

Maybe they will stop releasing for 3DS and make the alternate version just for Wii. That can be the case, but I don't know.
---
Bruh
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#2053 Posted: 04:29:06 12/10/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Dimensions beats SuperChargers in launch week in UK

http://www.forbes.com/sites/an...mensions-sales/

It deserves the sales. It had a great story and after 47 hours I still have plenty to 100%. It's a game that will last for a great while for those who buy it.

I was so focused on getting all of wave 1, plus the reissue Amiibos, I still haven't even bothered to get the Legendary Sky Pack... if they finally managed to get them into all stores.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#2054 Posted: 04:33:10 12/10/2015
Quote: GameMaster78

It deserves the sales. It had a great story and after 47 hours I still have plenty to 100%. It's a game that will last for a great while for those who buy it.

I was so focused on getting all of wave 1, plus the reissue Amiibos, I still haven't even bothered to get the Legendary Sky Pack... if they finally managed to get them into all stores.

alright we get it. racing is bad and lego is "da best".
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2055 Posted: 07:24:53 12/10/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael
Quote: Bifrost
He looks so.... Dull? Despite having a dynamic position it wouldn't change much for me if he was standing,even with all the effects.

I agree. The clear head and gun is nice, but other than that the toy looks boring. Very disappointing figure. Hopefully his gameplay isn't the same.

Yep... Disappointingly bland design-wise.
But to be fair I thought the same about Knight Light and Spotlight when I first saw them online and they look absolutely gorgeous in hand.

Maybe there are some details the camera wasn't able to capture (like those shiny particles on the base, which could be on Astroblast's body as well)... Don't know.
He's definitely not one of my favorite designs now that I can see him well.

Also... Kaos Trophy Single Pack, YAAAAAAY!
I won't have to sell a kidney to get one of them! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:26:00 12/10/2015 by Drek95
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#2056 Posted: 07:40:44 12/10/2015
Interesting note, has anyone tried Bowser/DK on a non-Nintendo copy of the game? The files aren't there to play them, but it does look like the game is tracking them.

At most I'm expecting the "This figure is not compatible with this copy of the game" screen if anything, but I'd laugh if they show up in the collection.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2057 Posted: 07:45:54 12/10/2015
DK and Bowser don't work on the non-Nintendo consoles. I didn't see them on my Xbox One copy of the game in the Collections.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#2058 Posted: 07:51:57 12/10/2015
Probably just leftover data then. Shame, you'd think they could've done something as a neat extra.
L Cynder Platinum Sparx Gems: 5744
#2059 Posted: 11:18:06 12/10/2015
Speaking of trying to use DK and Bowser in non Nintendo counsoles, has anyone tried to use the familar character based Superchargers (super shot stealth elf and Deep dive Gill grunt for example) in previous games like Trap Team, Swap Force, etc?
---
favs smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2060 Posted: 12:47:11 12/10/2015
Guys, 3DS isn't listed because Beenox handles that, TFB probably just lends them models and what have you. What's weird is getting the reins of Wii back from them for this next game.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:47:39 12/10/2015 by Bifrost
#2061 Posted: 14:01:44 12/10/2015
Quote: L Cynder
Speaking of trying to use DK and Bowser in non Nintendo counsoles, has anyone tried to use the familar character based Superchargers (super shot stealth elf and Deep dive Gill grunt for example) in previous games like Trap Team, Swap Force, etc?

They won't work.
That was already confirmed in a Q/A; they wanted them to be brand new characters (which they are clearly not) so bad they actually made them act as, say, Spitfire or Dive-Clops.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#2062 Posted: 14:11:36 12/10/2015
Since this post is sinking super fast; found some concept art for Racing on tumblr. Possible spoilers for track aesthetics for the few that made it but they're just paintings.

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=124002
---
#2063 Posted: 14:27:12 12/10/2015
Quote: Drek95
They won't work.
That was already confirmed in a Q/A; they wanted them to be brand new characters (which they are clearly not) so bad they actually made them act as, say, Spitfire or Dive-Clops.

That's just...at this point they should've just used a character that was close to what they wanted to use instead (i.e. Ignitor as the flame knight, Bumble Blast for his gun). Like I said elsewhere, this just reeks of being forced to use these characters.

Heck Trigger Happy's and Roller Brawl's new versions aren't that different even to warrant that. smilie
#2064 Posted: 14:32:18 12/10/2015
Or... You know... Simply come up with new designs, backstories and voice actors.
The rest was already done.

I still can't decide if V.V. was simply lazy or really couldn't find an idea they liked.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#2065 Posted: 14:37:46 12/10/2015
I think they want to do their own thing, which is good...but when you have a series like this and the whole idea is "the toys carry forward and somewhat backward", you can't just dump it. There are going to be a lot of confused retail associates and a lot more confused parents that will probably call this their last entry in the series. The traps probably pushed them to that limit already; finding out they do little but act as weapon boosts/skystone unlockers will just add insult to injury.

Speaking of doing nothing, is anyone else laughing at the fact the only location item from the original game that does anything as a placeable object is the Volcanic Vault?
#2066 Posted: 14:47:01 12/10/2015
The location pieces can all be beaten up for mad dosh; they don't move but they do something. Sparx,Ghost Swords and Hand of Fate are the only ones that do anything worthwhile,maybe Winged Boots if you're that big on a hurry.

*twiddles thumbs waiting for someone to comment on the concept art for Racing*
---
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#2067 Posted: 15:36:32 12/10/2015
Quote: GameMaster78

Just stop it dude.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#2068 Posted: 16:26:41 12/10/2015
Quote: skylandsfan
[User Posted Image]
Oooh. Shiny

Words can't describe how ugly this figure looks. This clear, shimmery white just claches terribly with the pearl white. They should've made it more similar. I'm sorry, I liked him and was looking forward to see a good pic, but this... this is just too much. I'm going to get him either way, though I think about ordering the Legendary one. At least his eyes are painted... that makes it a little better. Oh Nightfall, now I miss you even more.
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#2069 Posted: 16:34:17 12/10/2015
Oh... Even if Astroblast is my favorite... The figure.... of the regular.... Ugh.... It's sparkley which I love but... It just... No... The face just doesn't go with the outfit and its just kinda ugly... Real disappointment for me smilie

Although I'm still getting him either way

Quote: Badwolfmichael
Quote: Bifrost
He looks so.... Dull? Despite having a dynamic position it wouldn't change much for me if he was standing,even with all the effects.

I agree. The clear head and gun is nice, but other than that the toy looks boring. Very disappointing figure. Hopefully his gameplay isn't the same.

Believe me.... Hes so fun to play as (Not that I have him but what I've seen... hes really fun to play as. Also.....HES SO OVERPOWERED ON THE TOP PATH)

Whoops! Didn't mean to double post!
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:42:38 12/10/2015 by TTD
#2070 Posted: 16:54:47 12/10/2015
[User Posted Image]
Oooh. Shiny

This is Astroblast's CGI model:

[User Posted Image]

They didn't even tried to make them look alike.

You know... Physical figures like that (or Smash Hit's) really make me question if they started to give up on toys' quality.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#2071 Posted: 17:43:00 12/10/2015
[User Posted Image]
Oooh. Shiny

[User Posted Image]

They didn't even tried to make them look alike.

You know... Physical figures like that (or Smash Hit's) really make me question if they started to give up on toys' quality.

I hope they just got one that was unfinished and the real one is the picture they showed us in the first place.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#2072 Posted: 17:43:32 12/10/2015
So many differences on the CGI model. The clear parts look yellow, the suit looks silver, and the yellow looks much brighter than that sickly looking shade on the real thing.
---
Dead
#2073 Posted: 18:08:17 12/10/2015
Quote: mega spyro
So many differences on the CGI model. The clear parts look yellow, the suit looks silver, and the yellow looks much brighter than that sickly looking shade on the real thing.

And it also misses certain grey-ish colored details and other metallic ones.
I seriously hope it is not the final look of the retail figures... But highly doubt it.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5272
#2074 Posted: 18:51:12 12/10/2015
[User Posted Image]
Oooh. Shiny

[User Posted Image]

They didn't even try to make them look alike.

Now that I see them side to side, I agree with what everyone is saying. He looks very rushed. They didn't even add that black around his eyes to make them stand out. Hopefully this isn't the finalized version.
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
#2075 Posted: 19:01:36 12/10/2015
I really hope he looks like that when hes officially released (still with the glitter of course smilie)
---
#2076 Posted: 19:03:20 12/10/2015
OH MY GOODNESS GRECIOUS, NOW IT'S EVEN WORSE!!! I was never bothered by the unpainted boulder Smash Hit has, because everything else looked perfect. BUT THIS! It looks more like a Variant than the regular figure. It will be hard to resist repainting him. (Believe me, it would look worse after a repaint) I really hope he'll change until the official release.
I'm sorry to say that, but Astroblast fell down from one of the best toys, to the worst one in Superchargers.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#2077 Posted: 19:05:22 12/10/2015
Yikes, I might have to go with the Legendary Pack first.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#2078 Posted: 19:05:38 12/10/2015
Now I don't think hes the WORSE. I mean wait until others come out...
But still... Out of all characters... Why HIM! OUT OF ALL CHARACTERS! HIM! ASTROBLAST! MY FAVORITE ;-;
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:06:47 12/10/2015 by Luminous35
TOlofter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1021
#2079 Posted: 19:13:32 12/10/2015
If the final Astroblast released in stores is cheaply & inaccurately unfinished like that, I'll be skipping. Not worth the retail price. maybe worth it next year when it gets clearanced.
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#2080 Posted: 19:19:57 12/10/2015
I REALLY hope it's just bad quality of the camera.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#2081 Posted: 21:10:54 12/10/2015
It's also possible that figure could just be a prototype.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#2082 Posted: 21:23:12 12/10/2015
This is relevant now:
[User Posted Image]
But dang, they really messed Astroblast up. How on earth can you mess something up that much?! "Well sir, the tech-wizards here at Vicarious Visions have really made the ultimate over-the-top vehicle fantasies this time around, so we have all sorts of really cool vehicles to use and kids can finally visualize their vehicle fantasies, and..."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:25:54 12/10/2015 by TrapShadowFan
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#2083 Posted: 21:31:02 12/10/2015
By God I hope that Astroblast is a prototype
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#2084 Posted: 22:00:36 12/10/2015
A quick comparison:

How a figure should look:

[User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]

How a figure should NOT look:

[User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]
#2085 Posted: 22:07:17 12/10/2015
Perfect example.
Because even if Splat's toy actually lacks some details compared to the CGI model (noticeably the gloves) she still looks freaking amazing.

Astroblast looks as boring as it can get and the fact he's incredibly humanoid really doesn't help.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#2086 Posted: 23:03:34 12/10/2015
I randomly decided to open up one of my interchangeable (Nintendo/PlayStation) Rift Engine Portals. Well, just the Rift Engine itself, but still. It was really easy to remove the two pieces of the Engine from the base, and they could be put together easily as well (though with a gap where it attaches to the base).

The top piece of the engine has 2 chips: one at the top, which communicates with the inserted trap's chip, and one at the bottom, which works like the RFID chips in the figures, communicating between the previous chip and the portal (similarly to the 2 halves of the swappers). Then, I put a trap in the detached engine, and put it on my SSF portal while playing SuperChargers, and the trap worked exactly as on the actual portals!

(After this, I reattached the engine to the base of the portal.)

This means that Activision/TFB/VV (or third parties such as PowerA) could in theory make a separate magic item/adapter with those chips to use on SSA/SG/SSF portals, and possibly future portals without trap slots. Maybe even future 3DS games, if they bother implementing some sort of trap functionality into those.

So yeah, it's possible to make a trap adapter by yourself, either just the detached engine (which is quite large, especially considering the small size of the chips) or a custom one. Would be interesting to see what people can come up with, if anyone decided to take on the challenge of making one ;P

(Afterthought: I didn't test this, but I imagine that using it with a Traptanium Portal or a second Rift Engine Portal with a trap already inserted will trigger the message about there being too many traps on the portal, which someone else discovered a while ago in Trap Team.)
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
ultyzaus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1700
#2087 Posted: 23:37:47 12/10/2015
The differences between the CGI and the physical Astro Blast toy are obviously mostly due to the difference in lightning and the photo quality, which is slightly overexposed and blurry. I expect it to be actually look a bit more like the CGI, except that the transparent crystal parts won't have a yellow hue.
---
http://ultyzarus.deviantart.com/
223/254, 17 superchargers, 14 vehicles
Characters missing: Rocky Roll, Splat, Nightfall, Thrillipede
#2088 Posted: 00:05:22 13/10/2015
I noticed that about Splat... Her toy is really close to the CGI. Thats a toy well done... And so is Big Bubble Pop Fizz
---
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#2089 Posted: 00:37:42 13/10/2015
Quote: TrapShadowFan
This is relevant now:
[User Posted Image]
But dang, they really messed Astroblast up. How on earth can you mess something up that much?! "Well sir, the tech-wizards here at Vicarious Visions have really made the ultimate over-the-top vehicle fantasies this time around, so we have all sorts of really cool vehicles to use and kids can finally visualize their vehicle fantasies, and..."

I could believe that they would say that.I Don't understand why everyone says smilie looks bad.But still not as good quallity.If the final figure looks like that.It should be lower than other SuperChargers.But i don't think
Activison.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#2090 Posted: 00:54:55 13/10/2015
Don't know if it was mentioned or if there was a topic for it, but Frightful Fiesta isn't Gamestop exclusive anymore. I saw it at Walmart today.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2091 Posted: 01:57:52 13/10/2015
wow... astroblast looks bad.
#2092 Posted: 02:03:02 13/10/2015
hail legendary version.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2093 Posted: 02:20:22 13/10/2015
legendary astroblast

savior from the future, telling us to not buy the regular one, god dammit
#2094 Posted: 02:23:10 13/10/2015
Quote: ZapNorris
legendary astroblast

HAIL.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#2095 Posted: 02:28:24 13/10/2015
Quote: Sleepy0429
legendary astroblast

HAIL.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL TO THE KING
KNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL TO THE ONE
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#2096 Posted: 02:45:27 13/10/2015
legendary astroblast

Probably a scam to make buy the more expensive version smilie
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#2097 Posted: 04:08:24 13/10/2015
It'll probably drop in price hard after the release of the other still. Legendaries tend to follow that path pretty consistently.

...heck almost all event ones really do.
L Cynder Platinum Sparx Gems: 5744
#2098 Posted: 11:26:34 13/10/2015
Quote: L Cynder

They won't work.

Thank you for telling me this. It's too bad they won't work, but oh well.
---
favs smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#2099 Posted: 00:06:47 15/10/2015
I wish normal elemental gates were back. Like in SSA, SG and SSF.
#2100 Posted: 00:19:25 15/10/2015
Same. Maybe just like the zones we have now(not as glitchy, badly implemented and rushed as heck, 'course), and uses assets from previou games that randomly generate or something. That's if it has time constraints, I'd love regular normal elemental gates all the same.
---
First | Previous | Page 42 of 62 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 60 61 62

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me