darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > General Discussion Topic (*NO SPOILERS*)
First | Previous | Page 60 of 62 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
General Discussion Topic (*NO SPOILERS*) [STICKY]
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2951 Posted: 23:45:11 05/04/2016
Today in Bifrost Can't Notice Half the Page:

Quote:
@mikenacharge we will premiere in the fall! We are closing in on a network now. And yep, it will be like GF, with serialized arc.

Yessss. No slice of life for me!Well, almost.

Quote:
If you like Minecraft, you'll love Skylanders Academy! Or at least that one episode...

Josh also hinting that the DiamondMinecart episode might be a reference.

I wonder if at this point it's enough info to open the Skylanders Academy board already. It's kinda tiring to post in two threads depending on how important and another forum all at once.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:54:23 05/04/2016 by Bifrost
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#2952 Posted: 23:56:54 05/04/2016
Not a bad idea. Should I message Dark52 about it? (Or who ever opens the new boards)
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#2953 Posted: 00:09:30 06/04/2016
Dark52 is the one who manages them I'm pretty sure,but he usually does it on his own if there's enough info on the new games. He might just be waiting for the preview, he was online a while ago.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#2954 Posted: 01:26:28 06/04/2016
Quote: Bifrost
I wonder if at this point it's enough info to open the Skylanders Academy board already. It's kinda tiring to post in two threads depending on how important and another forum all at once.

I'd vote wait until we get that teaser.

But, while we're on the subject of the show, what do you think the likeliness of the Doom Raiders being in it is?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2955 Posted: 01:30:02 06/04/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03

But, while we're on the subject of the show, what do you think the likeliness of the Doom Raiders being in it is?

golden waifu smilie
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#2956 Posted: 01:31:49 06/04/2016
Quote: ZapNorris
Quote: AdamGregory03

golden waifu smilie

And slug husbando <3
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#2957 Posted: 01:32:02 06/04/2016
They'll probably be there if they don't create new villains. They're easy to connect to lore and underdeveloped despite having an entire game about them as antagonists.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#2958 Posted: 01:33:35 06/04/2016
^Definitely. Those guys were the most interesting part of Trap Team in my opinion, it'd be a shame to not give them a bit of development on the show.

Quote: ZapNorris
golden waifu smilie

This guy gets me. smilie
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2959 Posted: 09:02:40 06/04/2016
Mmmmh... I'm at least expecting to see the Chompy Mage and the Golden Queen since the first has been part of the series for a while and the second is more or less their leader.

But all of them would make great addictions to the show!
Dr. Krankcase could be the one building robots and weird invections for the other villains to use and the others could serve as occasional antagonists or even comic reliefs.

I sincerely think they work perfectly as a group so including only a couple of them would minimize their potentialities.

I'm also expecting at least a couple episodes focused on Light and Dark (don't ask me why) and they could make perfect occasions to bring back Luminous and Nightshade.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#2960 Posted: 14:15:52 06/04/2016
Quote: Drek95

I'm also expecting at least a couple episodes focused on Light and Dark (don't ask me why) and they could make perfect occasions to bring back Luminous and Nightshade.

Yeah me too. I hope Knight Light will be featured somehow...would be cool to see him unmasked as well.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2961 Posted: 19:03:01 06/04/2016
i made a skylanders + bruno mars music mashup.

IMPORTANT EDIT: I asked the director for the TV show about if more obscure 'landers will appear, and he said-

Quote:
@Skymiibo eventually. With CGI it's tough because it is so expensive. We only get so many characters per episode.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:14:26 07/04/2016 by ZapNorris
#2962 Posted: 08:42:02 07/04/2016
So that removes background ponies, I mean Skylanders? Bummer.
---
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#2963 Posted: 03:53:45 10/04/2016
When was the pro type for Spitfire leaked last year?
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#2964 Posted: 06:37:32 10/04/2016
No idea, mid april or so. But I think Acti will announce Sky 6 at the latest short before or after the release of Thrillipede.
#2965 Posted: 12:40:36 10/04/2016
Mid May, actually.
Just checked.

The first leaks or the reveal itself could coincide with the release of Wave 5, after all.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:43:25 10/04/2016 by Drek95
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#2966 Posted: 18:21:36 11/04/2016
I just played the first level...

SO disappointed! I had to skip all the cutscenes because they were so... ugh.

Does it get any better? I'm gonna struggle to play through this stuff.
#2967 Posted: 18:24:45 11/04/2016
I dunno, the start was pretty good to me. The middle is where it gets weaker in my opinion,

Flynn losing his importance entirely except pilot and really showing why you don't make his kind talk so much in writing.Then at Gadfly Glades it picks itself back up, I think.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:25:18 11/04/2016 by Bifrost
#2968 Posted: 18:28:44 11/04/2016
Hmm... Well, I'm comparing it to SF unconsciously (Which is the best one IMO smilie )

I loved the start of that one, with the volcano, green islands, etc. This one seems so unmemorable to me. And where'd Tessa go?
#2969 Posted: 18:29:43 11/04/2016
Quote: yelvy

Well... Uuuuh...

The story (and cutscenes) are definitely one of the best aspects of the game.
I loved the intro and the settings of the first level but it does indeed get better.
The problems came after the first playthrough, for me, since Land Vehicle Areas are unskippable and can really become annoying.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:33:03 11/04/2016 by Drek95
#2970 Posted: 18:32:03 11/04/2016
Oops. Looks like I'm the minority here. smilie

I already played through the first level again.

I see what you mean, Drek, 0% replay value and the vehicle areas are irritating!
#2971 Posted: 18:32:49 11/04/2016
Hmm... Well, I'm comparing it to SF unconsciously (Which is the best one IMO smilie )

I loved the start of that one, with the volcano, green islands, etc. This one seems so unmemorable to me. And where'd Tessa go?

You're asking stuff with another game and tons of lore in the middle. Tessa is in Woodburrow, a whole Sky Train trip away - the Cloudbreak Islands are REALLY far away from mainland Skylands where this game takes place(Flynn mentions getting a map to go back to previous levels postgame,and they couldn't really have one otherwise if cartographing anything past mainland is impossible according to Cali's lore).
Cooler places will show up,don't worry,at least close to that.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:34:37 11/04/2016 by Bifrost
#2972 Posted: 18:36:46 11/04/2016
Okay, thanks for the heads-up! smilie I'm looking forward to playing the rest of the game with my new figures, smilie smilie smilie and I'll try to forget about my first-impressions.

Oh, that makes sense about Tessa. I haven't played TT so I guess I've missed a lot!
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#2973 Posted: 18:38:47 11/04/2016

In my sincere opinion, the SC first stage was the best in the franchise, but it's just me. It's all pretty memorable, and the very start (with the Land vehicle) is great for me.
---
Bruh
#2974 Posted: 18:42:01 11/04/2016
Oops. Looks like I'm the minority here. smilie

I already played through the first level again.

I see what you mean, Drek, 0% replay value and the vehicle areas are irritating!

Yeah, unfortunately those sections not only feel more and more like a chore each time you play them but also took out on-foot areas, thus reducing immensely the replayability.
But don't worry, as Bifrost said you will still explore some amazing levels (the first one actually doesn't show the true potential of this game) while living a fantastic story, with lots of plot twists and serious moments as well as silly ones of course.

SuperChargers' is top notch in terms of story. smilie

Since you compared it to SWAP Force I can tell you that it preferred a more direct approach, immediately taking you into action, while with this game the action already happened and you have to face the consequences (hope this isn't considered to be a spoiler smilie).
Two ways to begin an adventure, I find them equally well executed.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#2975 Posted: 18:47:02 11/04/2016
I feel like Soda Springs was still the best opening to a game. Two cutscenes,sure,but the level itself introduces you quickly to mechanics without any flair, right to a hazard "boss" to put you into action as soon as you're ready. Skylands In Chains is eeeh after the really intense prologue, Moneybone's fleet doesn't look interesting at all(just some gray ships,would've done with something more undead or at least more clockwork),and I actually couldn't understand what he said during the tutorial until the second playthrough.

Shattered Island is alright but crazy dated, Time of the Giants felt too slow for the story it was trying to tell, Mount Cloudbreak doesn't actually spend much time in Mount Cloudbreak which makes people probably get even more upset the final level there is just QTEs and final boss.
---
#2976 Posted: 19:50:59 11/04/2016
Quote: Drek95

But don't worry, as Bifrost said you will still explore some amazing levels (the first one actually doesn't show the true potential of this game) while living a fantastic story, with lots of plot twists and serious moments as well as silly ones of course.

SuperChargers' is top notch in terms of story. smilie

Since you compared it to SWAP Force I can tell you that it preferred a more direct approach, immediately taking you into action, while with this game the action already happened and you have to face the consequences (hope this isn't considered to be a spoiler smilie).
Two ways to begin an adventure, I find them equally well executed.

Sounds good, Drek! I can't wait to see some of the levels everyone's been talking about, like Spell punk library. It's true about comparing it to SSF, though. I have no idea why Skylands is 'in chains' since I never played TT or read any comics. IMO SF had a better beginning, because you didn't have to play the previous game to know what's going on. (Though everything makes more sense if you have played SSA or SG! smilie ) SC is at a disadvantage - first time players must be thinking 'What is this?' 'Where am I?' 'Who are these characters I'm supposed to know about?' I'm sure it will grow on me haha smilie

I feel like Soda Springs was still the best opening to a game. Two cutscenes,sure,but the level itself introduces you quickly to mechanics without any flair, right to a hazard "boss" to put you into action as soon as you're ready. Skylands In Chains is eeeh after the really intense prologue, Moneybone's fleet doesn't look interesting at all(just some gray ships,would've done with something more undead or at least more clockwork),and I actually couldn't understand what he said during the tutorial until the second playthrough.

Shattered Island is alright but crazy dated, Time of the Giants felt too slow for the story it was trying to tell, Mount Cloudbreak doesn't actually spend much time in Mount Cloudbreak which makes people probably get even more upset the final level there is just QTEs and final boss.

Seriously? Soda springs was the only one I haven't played! smilie

But anyway, that prologue ~was~ unexpected.

I agree with you on the other stuff though - and Shattered island is 100% patronising (Even for a tutorial!) Mount cloud break is my favourite for the same reason I gave Drek smilie

Ah that was a long post haha smilie
#2977 Posted: 19:58:04 11/04/2016
Skylands in Chains is the first level of SuperChargers - if you go to the chapter select that's what it's labeled as. Why it's not called Moneybone's Fleet or Motley Meadows(like the checkpoint), it's beyond me.

SC's problem is that it's the other side of the balance between introducing new players or letting old ones start off right away. Trap Team, which you skipped,introduces eeeveryone again except Tessa and the SSA NPCs which don't do anything but stand around near Gates. SC tries to go off of the notion that you not only played Trap Team,but read Rift into Overdrive - which sure,it's out in the internet,but it's an expensive-ish hardcover graphic novel otherwise.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:00:05 11/04/2016 by Bifrost
#2978 Posted: 19:59:32 11/04/2016
Oh, I know that! smilie I was just confused why everyone got caught and put on cages. smilie
#2979 Posted: 20:01:02 11/04/2016
That's from Rift into Overdrive. The trio managed to get themselves captured on Kaos' first attempt at destroying the Academy,which is why the whole place is in shambles in the game.
I think. The story actually goes two different ways and I don't remember if they were with a separate Skylanders group or with the entire army. Eon for sure gets captured during the attack,trying to reason with Kaos like a smart person wouldn't do.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:02:25 11/04/2016 by Bifrost
#2980 Posted: 20:02:24 11/04/2016
Ohhh! Everything makes more sense now! So is 'Rift into Overdrive' a comic?

And wasn't Eon a spirit or something? Couldn't he escape?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:03:21 11/04/2016 by yelvy
#2981 Posted: 20:03:17 11/04/2016
Rift into Overdrive is a big comic, called a graphic novel for some reason despite no difference. Here's a video of it, no need to pay for this issue at least. And really you shouldn't,since it's a prequel and from Trap Team to SC you wouldn't actually understand how things changed so suddenly not knowing this exists.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:04:09 11/04/2016 by Bifrost
#2982 Posted: 20:05:44 11/04/2016
Thanks a bunch smilie I think I'll enjoy it!

And now more questions :3

How many Skylanders comics are there? Is there an order I should read them in?

EDIT: Don't worry! I found a list online that was really helpful smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:10:05 11/04/2016 by yelvy
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#2983 Posted: 22:15:53 11/04/2016

There have been lots of Skylanders comics made since Trap Team's release. They explain why Eon is now a full-body ghost, give Malefor an appearance (a really awesome one), and set up Superchargers.
BlueFox Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#2984 Posted: 01:57:58 12/04/2016
Cake Masters did an awesome job on the Skylanders cake. Favorite parts were when one of the sculptors called Spyro "her baby, scary but cute", everyone trying to get more time to play Superchargers at Activision, and Richard Horvitz stalling the sea of children. Always a delight to see Skylanders featured on something that isn't their own commercials. I remember getting goosebumps when the Eruptor float appeared during the Macy's Day Parade, hearing the theme in the back. Good goosebumps. I can't imagine how it'll be once Skylanders Academy airs.
---
Where’s the account deletion button when you need one?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:01:15 12/04/2016 by BlueFox
#2985 Posted: 08:57:30 12/04/2016
Quote: TrapShadowFan

There have been lots of Skylanders comics made since Trap Team's release. They explain why Eon is now a full-body ghost, give Malefor an appearance (a really awesome one), and set up Superchargers.

Thanks for your help! I actually read the Malefor one last night! smilie (It was really good!)
#2986 Posted: 11:30:16 12/04/2016
Well... Talking about different opinions. smilie
I actually think SWAP Force's almost completely different cast and settings are one of it's weak points: for the majority of the game I was like "ok, can you show me something or someone I know, except for Kaos, Glumshanks Flynn, the Dread Yacht, Eon and two brief apparitions of Cali and Hugo...?".

I find Trap Team and SuperChargers to be much better from that point of view, because they feel like they are part of an ongoing story and because... Well, you'll see. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:00:18 12/04/2016 by Drek95
#2987 Posted: 11:44:00 12/04/2016
I see what you mean! I actually liked the new characters and steering away from things seen in SSA and SG. Oh man, I was so happy to not see Persephone!

I've played the second level of SSC now...

Wow! What an awesome level! smilie Can't wait to see what's next!
#2988 Posted: 12:02:20 12/04/2016
It's from the third world on that things start getting interesting, both from a story and gameplay point of view. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:02:49 12/04/2016 by Drek95
#2989 Posted: 12:55:53 12/04/2016
You're right! The third level was brilliant! smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:56:02 12/04/2016 by yelvy
#2990 Posted: 18:25:01 14/04/2016
Quote:
I also realized how little of my character work from the Skylanders titles is public – I’ve only been able to show about 5% of the designs I created.
Must fix.

Dave ain't done with the Skylanders concept art on his blog,it seems! For now this is just a post about organizing the site,though.

Today's Battlecast corner - officially released in Australia,so Drawdler and co. can get their hands in the game and physical cards!

However:

Quote:
Skylanders Battlecast will be available later this autumn in North America and Europe.

Which actually contradicts the fact it was slated for Spring not even a week ago and the fact UK stores are all with preorders up for this? Acti's just throwing random dates at this point.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:46:42 15/04/2016 by Bifrost
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13885
#2991 Posted: 13:29:19 15/04/2016
The press release is Australian. smilie
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
#2992 Posted: 13:40:25 15/04/2016
My mind got into a tangle there, thanks for correcting. Acti Publishing is the US,but they're sending it to Australia,and australian sites are publishing it, and the game is in american english >w>

Also,since it's spoiler territory, I won't describe or link to it in the Battlecast board,but Kaos really needs to quit playing Final Fantasy between attacks - his island seems straight out of FFXIV.

Website update too! Brb using that clean Hex picture as an avatar.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:22:19 15/04/2016 by Bifrost
#2993 Posted: 15:55:04 15/04/2016
And a new Spyro vector! smilie It must be christmas.
CakeMc Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#2994 Posted: 21:43:08 15/04/2016
So New Zealand First For Battle Cast, Then Australia, Then United States, Did Not See That Coming
---
Kaos - The Master Of All Battle Classes
#2995 Posted: 11:21:24 16/04/2016
Tone down with the shift button, not all words need to be capitalized.

Holy carp, I dreamed today I had Buzz Wing and playing in a new hub. Still mostly looked like the Academy, but it was like the Land test area also had a Sky dock for you to jump from one into another. No, it was one of those 'inside the game' dreams, was enjoying too much to question how I had two vehicles on the portal.
Maybe I should get it and Sea Shadow after all. It doesn't shoot Vespiquen like in my dream, but it's too much of a concidence to dream this and not Jet Stream.
---
#2996 Posted: 21:20:36 16/04/2016
Tone down with the shift button, not all words need to be capitalized.

Holy carp, I dreamed today I had Buzz Wing and playing in a new hub. Still mostly looked like the Academy, but it was like the Land test area also had a Sky dock for you to jump from one into another. No, it was one of those 'inside the game' dreams, was enjoying too much to question how I had two vehicles on the portal.
Maybe I should get it and Sea Shadow after all. It doesn't shoot Vespiquen like in my dream, but it's too much of a concidence to dream this and not Jet Stream.

I Know Not All Words Need To Be Capitalized But I Like It Like This
---
#2997 Posted: 21:21:30 16/04/2016
But it hurts my eyes >_<
#2998 Posted: 22:53:55 16/04/2016
It's pretty annoying,tho. Sounds more like a robot than a person behind the computer, if you forgive me being this blunt.
---
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#2999 Posted: 22:54:11 16/04/2016
It hurts my brain, though.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#3000 Posted: 00:06:01 17/04/2016
But it hurts my eyes smilie

It's pretty annoying,tho. Sounds more like a robot than a person behind the computer, if you forgive me being this blunt.

Quote: Chompy-King257
It hurts my brain, though.

Ok i'll stop if it makes you guys feel better
---
First | Previous | Page 60 of 62 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me