darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > General Discussion Topic (*NO SPOILERS*)
First | Previous | Page 4 of 62 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 60 61 62
General Discussion Topic (*NO SPOILERS*) [STICKY]
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#151 Posted: 17:19:53 03/09/2015
Splat's figure looks funny but beautiful.

Where is all this coming from? Is there a event happening or something showing off Splat, Splatter Splasher, Big Bubble Pop Fizz, and Soda Skimmer? That would be awesome!
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#152 Posted: 17:35:28 03/09/2015
Wow, I'm really impressed. I didn't expect the figures to look that good in hand. So Splat can summon Rainbows and animals... I can't wait for gameplay. By the way, why did they show Wave 3 characters so early?
#153 Posted: 17:45:52 03/09/2015
I know right Deja Vu!

RAINBOWS AND ANIMALS!?

My life is complete smilie
---
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#154 Posted: 18:03:27 03/09/2015
Wow, Splat really is a stand user.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#155 Posted: 18:21:28 03/09/2015
None of the figures look bad. I'd argue the quality of figures over SF has gotten considerably better.

Does anyone know why the mobile version this year only supports Apple products? It's an elephant in the room that someone should ask them.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#156 Posted: 18:49:32 03/09/2015
GOOD. EON.

Splat's figure is unbelievably amazing!
And so are Soda Skimmer's and Splatter Splasher's!

I still don't understand if Pop Fizz is a lot smaller than Splat or if she's particularly tall... The only thing I know is that her engine is almost invisibile under all that color.
And that's a reeeeally good thing.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#157 Posted: 19:02:38 03/09/2015
As soon as I found out Splat's powers she seriously became my 3rd favorite smilie

Sorry Smash Hit and Spitfire smilie
---
#158 Posted: 19:31:04 03/09/2015
"You'd think with 200+ characters V.V. would start lacking creativity"

[User Posted Image]

Anyway, Splatter Splasher's propellers are pink on its toy while they are golden in-game.
Maybe they are still prototypes or maybe they do look different.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#159 Posted: 19:34:01 03/09/2015
Quote: Drek95
"You'd think with 200+ characters V.V. would start lacking creativity"

[User Posted Image]

Anyway, Splatter Splasher's propellers are pink on its toy while they are golden in-game.
Maybe they are still prototypes or maybe they do look different.

I know right? Who would think VV (And Tfsmilie would ever loose their creativity! They're masters at creativity!

But I see what your really pointing out. The guy didn't do much research. It's not all of VV creavitity. TfB has made a majority of it due to their longevity with the series.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#160 Posted: 19:35:26 03/09/2015
I just watched Splat's gameplay and I've now decided that I'll get her if I get the game. Also, her design kinda reminds me of Elora.
#161 Posted: 19:36:04 03/09/2015
Splat is pretty Awesome!

She became my third favorite.
---
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#162 Posted: 19:37:23 03/09/2015
Quote: Luminous35
Splat is pretty Awesome!

She became my third favorite.

Same here. My first two favourites are Spitfire and Fiesta.
#163 Posted: 19:37:58 03/09/2015
The fact is... It's funny how they talk about creativity and then show a revamp.
It's simply, funny that's all.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#164 Posted: 19:40:04 03/09/2015
The fact is... It's funny how they talk about creativity and then show a revamp.

Just because their not NEW NEW characters, doesn't mean they're not creative, Drek. Their gameplay counts as well.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#165 Posted: 19:40:24 03/09/2015
It's not even about revamps or not, it's the dumb assumption that you ever run out of good ideas. If that was the case after so many millenia we'd never see good art at this point. Good ideas aren't always new,original or whatever,you just make something good in general. Character design is ALL about taking an archetype and making it interesting to look at even if it's the millionth Elf or witch.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:41:25 03/09/2015 by Bifrost
#166 Posted: 19:41:23 03/09/2015
Heres my new top five

1. Astroblast
2. Nightfall
3. Splat
4. Smash Hit
5. Spitifre

Love those 5.

Did anyone notice Pop Fizz makes the enemies commit suicide? smilie
I don't even need to see Splat's Meet the Skylander video since we can see her better like this.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:45:40 03/09/2015 by Luminous35
#167 Posted: 20:00:57 03/09/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Just because their not NEW NEW characters, doesn't mean they're not creative, Drek. Their gameplay counts as well.

I didn't say revamps weren't creative.
But they are not as creative as brand new Skylanders for the simple, small, insignificant fact they aren't new characters at all.

That's why I would have accepted another elf whith his/her unique powers but won't accept another Stealth Elf no matter how new she is.

We could also talk about revamps' creativity since from what I have seen they mostly have other characters' movesets slapped on them but I definitely didn't see enough to judge.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#168 Posted: 20:09:59 03/09/2015
Quote: Bifrost
It's not even about revamps or not, it's the dumb assumption that you ever run out of good ideas. If that was the case after so many millenia we'd never see good art at this point. Good ideas aren't always new,original or whatever,you just make something good in general. Character design is ALL about taking an archetype and making it interesting to look at even if it's the millionth Elf or witch.

Yeah. If you told me before now Pop Fizz was getting another repose, even though he's my favorite Magic Skylander, I wouldn't be interested because I've already got his last two figures. ...But if you then told me they changed up his gameplay and gave him a tuba as a weapon, then I'd be with you.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#169 Posted: 20:29:38 03/09/2015
Quote: Aura24
Got my copy of the Rift into Overdrive prequel.

The Core of Light was moved to the Skylander Academy.

Glumshanks came to free Kaos with a Magic Skull trap, but was surprised that Kaos was still his old self.

Kaos had been pretending to act good ever since he was locked in Traptanium. While in his imprisonment, he has been growing stronger and stronger, even becoming strong enough to escape his cell for a short time without the Skylanders noticing. He formulated a plan for his escape by unleashing a small fragment of The Darkness sealed inside the school. This fragment of Darkness has been giving Kaos his power.

Kaos begins using his Doomstation of Ultimate Doomstruction to create rifts, which destroys everything, disabling the Portal network and communication, leaving the Skylanders elsewhere stranded.

The benevolent Ancient used the Rift Engines (the engines the SuperChargers are standing on in their toy forms) to spread magic and light to worlds yet known, connecting Skylands to these many worlds.

Flynn and a group of Skylanders, Jet-Vac, Terrafin, Stealth Elf, and Gill Grunt, go to Know-It-All Island to learn more about the whereabouts of the Rift Engines from the Stoneheads. When a rift opened up, the Skylanders and Flynn were saved by the SuperChargers, which is their first meeting. Sadly Know-It-All Island and the Stoneheads were consumed by the rift.

Count Moneybone joins Kaos in his conquest and launches a massive attack on the Skylander Academy along with Kaos. The Giants and most of the Skylanders battle the aerial forces to protect the school.

Count Moneybone captures Flynn, Cali, and Hugo and imprisons them on his ship.

With the SuperChargers' help, Gill Grunt, Stealth Elf, Terrafin and Jet-Vac all touch elemental Rift Engines found at the bottom of the Whirlpool of Destiny in the Swirling Sea and transformed into their SuperCharger counterparts to defeat the dark Elite Drow attacking them and begin their next adventure leading to the game itself.

Whoa!!!!

Could this mean Count Moneybone is in Skylanders Superchargers? And how Kaos escaped really surprised me especially how Glumshanks came with a magic skull trap (Confirms Kaos is in the Magic Element smilie) And Kaos was PRETENDING to act good!? Wow I thought he was actually good. And petrified Darkness was powering Kaos? Man this story is getting good! Now I'm extremely excited for Superchargers. It's going to have an amazing story line. Poor Know it All Island smilie Anyway Count Moneybone might be in the level Land of the Undead as a boss. After he gets defeated I imagine Kaos will be like "YOU FOOL!" Lol. Man I wish I had the book!
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#170 Posted: 20:38:21 03/09/2015
Um, Lumi...

It wasn't Petrified Darkness, if you read the spoiler correctly. It was The Darkness itself, the source behind all evil.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#171 Posted: 21:06:40 03/09/2015
Oh sorry I wasn't looking correctly lol sorry.
---
#172 Posted: 21:12:30 03/09/2015
Eon save my thumbs.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/n...-of-heart/25785

New article has MANY interesting details - you can customize the Academy!
Quote:
Speaking of the new Academy. For the first time, players will be able to customize the hub world. This is not even close to a main feature; rather, it's more of a bonus for longtime fans. By using the magic items obtained from 'Spyro's Adventure' packs, players will have free reign to litter the Academy with interactive items. Some of these items, like the Nightmare Express, can take up a significant amount of room, however, the feature is implemented in a way that items can be placed and played with without causing any frustration. It's more about what kind of fun thing does each item do.

Full of spoilers as well, they mention several level names.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#173 Posted: 21:15:51 03/09/2015
It's like the more I read about this game, spoilers or not, I just get more and more impatient to play it...
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#174 Posted: 21:16:02 03/09/2015
Oh my gosh! So much awesome stuff!
---
#175 Posted: 21:28:53 03/09/2015
Missed this just barely the first read:

Quote:
In fact, 'SuperChargers' has challenge levels that reset daily, which might be addictive.

So THIS is the year's Elemental Totem.Though now with added vehicles, I just hope they cycle through them a few times so I can actually get the figures in time before it's closed for next game.

iOS version is also coming out late October instead of regular release.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:31:39 03/09/2015 by Bifrost
#176 Posted: 21:33:11 03/09/2015
Eon save my thumbs.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/n...-of-heart/25785

New article has MANY interesting details - you can customize the Academy!
Quote:
Speaking of the new Academy. For the first time, players will be able to customize the hub world. This is not even close to a main feature; rather, it's more of a bonus for longtime fans. By using the magic items obtained from 'Spyro's Adventure' packs, players will have free reign to litter the Academy with interactive items. Some of these items, like the Nightmare Express, can take up a significant amount of room, however, the feature is implemented in a way that items can be placed and played with without causing any frustration. It's more about what kind of fun thing does each item do.

Full of spoilers as well, they mention several level names.

I just bought Darklight Crypt, Empire of Ice and Dragon's peak (Loose, just the level part) off of Amazon! I knew I'd regret selling my old AP packs from SSA (Minus Ghost Roaster and Sunburn)!
---
#177 Posted: 21:36:18 03/09/2015
Considering I still have to sell my custom Nightmare Express(to buy a vehicle in its place), I guess I'll have to stick with the biggest prop for the time being. At least Hand of Fate must look pretty cool there.
---
#178 Posted: 21:39:34 03/09/2015
Considering I still have to sell my custom Nightmare Express(to buy a vehicle in its place), I guess I'll have to stick with the biggest prop for the time being. At least Hand of Fate must look pretty cool there.

Wait the magic items, not the level figures? Or is it both?
---
#179 Posted: 21:41:20 03/09/2015
The quote says 'Magic Items' but mentions the Express,so I think it's both.
---
#180 Posted: 21:43:18 03/09/2015
The quote says 'Magic Items' but mentions the Express,so I think it's both.

NOW I GOTTA CHANGE MY ORDER FAST!
---
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3367
#181 Posted: 21:48:03 03/09/2015
I thought I saw a complete picture of all 20 SuperChargers artworks somewhere on this forum?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
#182 Posted: 21:49:30 03/09/2015
This game keeps getting better and better...

Won't read the article (damn spoilers) but does it explain if we'll simply be able to add them or if we'll also have the possibility to choose where to place them?
It seems like it will be the second but I wonder how they could implement it...

Either way it's great they are paying respect to old items one way or another!

That daily level feature sounds awesome too!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#183 Posted: 21:50:28 03/09/2015
It's on the quote, it doesn't explain if you can remove or not,just that it won't annoy people.
---
#184 Posted: 21:55:13 03/09/2015
OK! NOW I ORDERED ALL SSA AP PACKS! TOYS AND ALL!

Spent 54 bucks on it but I get my paycheck tomorrow, so it won't matter! I also think it's worth it to explore those levels again, especially in the 3DS version of SSA and Giants!
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:55:54 03/09/2015 by HeyitsHotDog
#185 Posted: 21:58:54 03/09/2015
I'd go and get Darklight Crypt(only that even,no items and I already have GR) to put an Undead look in my academy... But seriously,if I spend any other cent in anything that's not the WiiU or the eShop cards for SC, I won't be able to pay either. I should've gone for some auctions last year when it was going for super cheap. With the current dollar/reais exchange,too, I couldn't even hope to maybe sacrifice Food Fight for the greater good because he wouldn't be worth half of that location piece.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:02:47 03/09/2015 by Bifrost
#186 Posted: 22:02:16 03/09/2015
Wait, The old levels are returning? Did I read that right or do they unlock special tracks?
Ok I read it wrong it unlocks special customization
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:03:57 03/09/2015 by Luminous35
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#187 Posted: 22:17:51 03/09/2015
Wow, I am immensely impressed by the Rift Into OverDrive comic, it went way beyond my expectations

Adventure Packs.. Customizable Academy?!... Wow.. This game keeps getting better and better..
#188 Posted: 22:25:51 03/09/2015
This really is the best Skylanders Game so far. Well done to VV
---
#189 Posted: 22:32:22 03/09/2015
Don't call victory just yet,nowadays you can only trust press' hype so far, with so many AAA games suddenly coming out with very little bug testing or in a previous build than what was shown to them.
---
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#190 Posted: 22:33:33 03/09/2015
Yes I knew thrillipede would have Flynn in his story.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#191 Posted: 22:35:23 03/09/2015
Don't call victory just yet,nowadays you can only trust press' hype so far, with so many AAA games suddenly coming out with very little bug testing or in a previous build than what was shown to them.

You make a very good point, but at the same time, VV is incredible when it comes to polish.
---
#192 Posted: 23:15:51 03/09/2015
Still,overhyping things is what created monsters like Aliens: Colonial Marines. Not saying that this will ever turn out like that(Acti probably would have to cut dozens of dev teams if they bombed on this game),but some features might end up unfinished in later stages, or online can turn out to not be so stable when things go worldwide.
Which why it's better to hold out the screams of joy for day 1 when you get the game and find out that they weren't lying after all.

Also, since people might not be checking both threads together, found an interesting screenshot in a blog. Hugo, driving anything?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:17:04 03/09/2015 by Bifrost
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#193 Posted: 23:33:18 03/09/2015
Found an article about that Skylanders event in Spain. Considering spanish to english translation must be abysmal I'll have to trust spanish-portuguese for once here.

>"these dumb defenders of peace"

I'll try to understand this without translation. The woman actually doesn't know anything about the series and talks about the organization instead(it was pretty messy), but here are some screenshots:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Pjfx...0831_175858.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VnoJ...0831_180236.jpg

Dunno what Flynn is doing to Hugo there,but it appears they were playing a new level.

Wish that someone recorded it, I don't care if it would be in spanish at least we could see the new level.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#194 Posted: 23:37:57 03/09/2015
So, in short, here's my response: This is going to last longer than Trap Team. With Trap Team, you had three things to do, Arenas, Kaos Doom Challenge, and Story Mode, all but the latter pretty boring. Even the Story had heavy restrictions on the content you could access. But with Superchargers, you can access everything the game has to offer with the Starter Pack and two other vehicles, sans the Supercahrged Challenges, which I still intend to collect them all. I am really liking this a lot more, and with the Magic Item décor that will be here, I am going to see a bit of history in the game now. And the other challenges that change daily? High replayability! Skystones Overdrive I don't seem much difference in, but then again, I need to wait until launch to make a firmer opinion. I just hope now I can keep off of the forums when the game releases, all except to show my Day 1 haul, as I won't be getting the Start just yet. Can't wait to play!
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#195 Posted: 00:10:59 04/09/2015
Quote: PwnageFTW
Found an article about that Skylanders event in Spain. Considering spanish to english translation must be abysmal I'll have to trust spanish-portuguese for once here.

>"these dumb defenders of peace"

I'll try to understand this without translation. The woman actually doesn't know anything about the series and talks about the organization instead(it was pretty messy), but here are some screenshots:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Pjfx...0831_175858.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VnoJ...0831_180236.jpg

Dunno what Flynn is doing to Hugo there,but it appears they were playing a new level.

Wish that someone recorded it, I don't care if it would be in spanish at least we could see the new level.

Well the event goes until the 13th so...
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
TOlofter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1021
#196 Posted: 00:57:17 04/09/2015
IOS Portal is so much better than the lame and uninspired one in the other starters.
BlueFox Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#197 Posted: 01:18:38 04/09/2015
"...deepest, richest, most emotional story..." VV appears very confident about their story this time around. Exploring characters and such, as seen around 3:49 in this video. SPOILERS, perhaps. Haven't really checked. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqinD7KTsC4
---
Where’s the account deletion button when you need one?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:46:40 04/09/2015 by BlueFox
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#198 Posted: 01:22:31 04/09/2015
Will Skylanders work with the Kindle fire HDX 7"?
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#199 Posted: 01:36:06 04/09/2015
Quote: Sleepy0429
Will Skylanders work with the Kindle fire HDX 7"?

Should be in discussion thread...but according to the box...no it will not work for that. Not sure why they dropped the Google OS devices.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#200 Posted: 01:37:16 04/09/2015
Knock Mechanics are clearly in Splat's gameplay video! Her gameplay looks great!

Rift into Overdrive spoilers:
How did Glumshank free Kaos with another Trap? It sounds kinda stupid. Also, did they explain how the other villains were freed or anything about Trophies? The Portal network being destroyed stuff also sounds kinda cool but kinda convoluted.

Also, glad that they retconned Kaos into being a Magic Element. Giving him a unique Kaos Trap, implying there was a Kaos Element, was dumb and obviously just for more money (and like the Legendary Traptanium, why would Kaos Traptanium exist anyway? It's not nearly as important as the core Elements).

It'll be nice to see the Core of Light in the hub too. I'm still hoping to see some cool machinery there though, so far it isn't doing it for me aesthetically.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:40:24 04/09/2015 by Arc of Archives
First | Previous | Page 4 of 62 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 60 61 62

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me