darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Questions about 3DS version. Help?
Page 1 of 1
Questions about 3DS version. Help? [CLOSED]
CelesteInk Blue Sparx Gems: 595
#1 Posted: 04:07:29 31/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Okay, I know this game is dated, and that everyone has moved on to a different game, but help nonetheless? x. I was out buying figures and a game today, saw the 3DS version of this for ten dollars, so why not, right? I didn't even have Volcanic Eruptor (or any Eruptor for that matter) so it was just an added bonus.

So after adding all of my characters to it, and seeing how different they play on the 3DS versions, I've noticed how many characters play so different in here. Springtime Trigger Happy's wow pop was never impressive, but it's amazing in this. I never liked Stealth Elf, but she's one of the best characters in here, etc. So if you can recall at all, which characters would you suggest for the 3DS version, rather than the console versions? Which characters are the most impressive here?

Second question is, how many bugs have you found in the 3DS version? I closed my 3DS, opened it, and the screen was black, so... D:

And last question... is there any way to reset my characters from the game? Do I really have to reset my maxed out figures if I want to start fresh with them on here...?
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#2 Posted: 05:07:45 31/08/2015
Zoo Lou and especially Punk Shock are amazing characters on 3DS (both good on console, too). It's been a while since I played SF 3DS, but those two were standouts.

SA 3DS rarely had any glitches for me but I ran into tons on Giants and quite a few on SF/TT. The worst thing that happened was that SF would randomly lock up my console sometimes, which is why I stopped playing it (besides that, it might be my favourite Skylanders 3DS game- though it's a pretty major bug).

And unfortunatley, you will have to reset your figures completely if you want to level them up on the 3DS.
#3 Posted: 06:01:32 31/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Arc of Archives
Zoo Lou and especially Punk Shock are amazing characters on 3DS (both good on console, too). It's been a while since I played SF 3DS, but those two were standouts.

SA 3DS rarely had any glitches for me but I ran into tons on Giants and quite a few on SF/TT. The worst thing that happened was that SF would randomly lock up my console sometimes, which is why I stopped playing it (besides that, it might be my favourite Skylanders 3DS game- though it's a pretty major bug).

And unfortunatley, you will have to reset your figures completely if you want to level them up on the 3DS.

Crap, guess I have to look through how all of my characters play and carefully choose who to reset. :/
Other than that, I am having a lot of fun with it. Of course, it's not the console version, but the platforming in the 3DS port is incredible.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#4 Posted: 09:34:32 31/08/2015
Eye Brawl is an over powered monster . His punching kills the final boss in seconds .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
#5 Posted: 09:55:07 31/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Eye Brawl is an over powered monster . His punching kills the final boss in seconds .

Whaaaaaat... Even on Nightmare difficulty... assuming there is a Nightmare difficulty?
#6 Posted: 14:13:48 31/08/2015
Seriously . If you want numbers , his punch does around 4 - 6 sets of 50 damage . Its hard to tell since i punch more then once . I dont think it has a difficulty setting.

Do you have an Eye Brawl ?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:15:30 31/08/2015 by Dark fhoenix
#7 Posted: 18:22:42 31/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Seriously . If you want numbers , his punch does around 4 - 6 sets of 50 damage . Its hard to tell since i punch more then once . I dont think it has a difficulty setting.

Do you have an Eye Brawl ?

I don't, but I should be getting one soon. Even if I don't ever collect all figures, I want to complete my Undead collection, so.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#8 Posted: 19:41:34 31/08/2015
Pretty sure you don't have to reset them to level them up on the 3DS. I've used all mine on both systems and they work fine. The only thing you gotta worry about is saving the progress you make on the 3DS to the figure when you're done playing so you can use it on the console versions. Basically the same as saving an amiibo but with a portal.
#9 Posted: 21:45:15 31/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: TrapShadowFan
Pretty sure you don't have to reset them to level them up on the 3DS. I've used all mine on both systems and they work fine. The only thing you gotta worry about is saving the progress you make on the 3DS to the figure when you're done playing so you can use it on the console versions. Basically the same as saving an amiibo but with a portal.

Well I mean, to play as them at level 1. The game feels more full if you start at level 1.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#10 Posted: 22:53:36 01/09/2015
I've always felt that it was a tremendous travesty that Stealth Elf doesn't have her projectile thorn darts in the console games. SSA on 3DS was pretty much my introduction to Skylanders (while I did technically play the console version of SSA first, I only played it for a little bit before switching over to the 3DS version since I preferred its platforming mechanics) so I ended up getting really attached to Stealth Elf's thorn darts.

I wish they'd at least been her series 2 Wow Pow or something. Floating swords and spinning scarecrows just don't give you the same satisfaction as spamming a barrage of rapid fire thorn darts at your enemies.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:55:33 01/09/2015 by Muffin Man
#11 Posted: 03:44:55 02/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Muffin Man
I've always felt that it was a tremendous travesty that Stealth Elf doesn't have her projectile thorn darts in the console games. SSA on 3DS was pretty much my introduction to Skylanders (while I did technically play the console version of SSA first, I only played it for a little bit before switching over to the 3DS version since I preferred its platforming mechanics) so I ended up getting really attached to Stealth Elf's thorn darts.

I wish they'd at least been her series 2 Wow Pow or something. Floating swords and spinning scarecrows just don't give you the same satisfaction as spamming a barrage of rapid fire thorn darts at your enemies.

I agree. A lot of the characters I didn't like (other than Fright Rider... who's still useless) seem to have something going for them in the handheld version. Stealth Elf's amazing darts, Springtime Trigger Happy's dash, Fire Kraken's fire breath. Then again... some of the best ones are convoluted and poorly done in the handheld version. It's strange, but it least keeps things new.
#12 Posted: 09:54:30 02/09/2015
What i enjoyed most was the way Zap "ran" . Cute little slippery seal slide . Buying the 3DS games are great for giving your toys new adventures and new worlds to explore . Its a much better investment then multiple level toys or lots of traps .
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me